New York Institute of Technology (Max)

Film and Architecture – Cut 1

By l8rpeace
    Oct 18, '06 2:02 AM EST

For the first project in Film and Architecture, we watched the film Battleship Potemkin by Eisenstein. The two very clear ideas to me were the montage and sequence = path. These two ideas are related to architecture by the streaming together of experience and journey. This turned into a built site analysis, and I chose the Brooklyn Bridge as my site.

I walked along the path of the bridge from my house, under the bridge, and then all the way across. I took pictures along the way, documenting the journey, framing the views as I went along. I literally took the sequence as the path, from the sublime (father away) to the frantic (closer details), pulling the images together in a montage of sorts.

Montage - plan

Montage - motion

Montage - detail

The montage then took on a life of the sequence, where different events and forms caused the sequence to change, as shown above. Also, the space between images in the montage was determined by the rhythm and speed of the site. This resulted in a diagram documenting the shifts, changes, and movement along the path.

Progressive Diagram 1 - spaces over montage

Progressive Diagram 2 - cuts/bending over montage

Progressive Diagram 3 - cuts/bending and spaces (no montage)

Progressive Diagram 4 - cuts/bending (no montage)

abhisheksoni2017s

samsung odin 3.12.3

Sep 27, 17 12:33 am
      abhisheksoni2017s

happy diwali 2017

Oct 19, 17 4:32 am
      Linda189

customers as this app store has functions normally
      app-valley.co
      will enter Apple Application store.AppValley VIP Free is a great option

Nov 7, 17 12:44 am
      Stover159

Whether you're trimming edicy your beard or hair, or sculpting, Professional Beard Trimmer reducing, in addition to outlining 9 best beard trimmers locations such as your hairs along with mustache. What Is The Best Beard Trimmer The arrangements are from which makes it straightforward read full article to discover.

Jun 7, 18 7:43 am
      kukome

when i visiting this site I found cool and interesting here and very happy to join this community kindly check it out xmodgames clash of clans

Jun 26, 18 6:17 am
      hiranmaydas

Best website I found today.Cyber Stumble

Mar 12, 19 10:42 am

if you are further interested in this topic. you might like thi research.

Cheers

Mar 18, 19 9:23 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• l8rpeace