Jury members of the 2015 Holcim Awards are announced
Jury members of the 2015 Holcim Awards (First row, L to R): Mohsen Mostafavi, Marc Angélil, Maria Atkinson. (Second row, L to R): Yolanda Kakabadse, Matthias Schuler, Rolf Soiron
The fourth cycle of the Holcim Awards has appointed its international expert jury members, who will take on the big task of selecting this cycle's winners of the prestigious global competition, which has a total cash prize of US$2 million...More than 6,000 submissions from 152 countries were sent to this year's call for entries. Later this year, regional winners will be selected based on their team's entry addresses the competition's target issues regarding sustainable construction.
The jury members are:
- Mohsen Mostafavi (head), Dean of the Graduate School of Design (GSD), Harvard University (USA)
- Marc Angélil, Senior Dean, Department of Architecture, ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- Alejandro Aravena, Executive Director, Elemental (Chile)
- Maria Atkinson, Founding CEO, Green Building Council of Australia (Australia)
- Yolanda Kakabadse, President, WWF International (Ecuador)
- Matthias Schuler, Founder, Transsolar Energietechnik (Germany)
- Rolf Soiron, Chairman, Holcim Foundation (Switzerland)
Read more on Bustler.