Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Sarah Hamilton

Oh, thats sad. sniff

Sep 15, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yes, LIG, I agree. My point was more to the effect that the mortgage meltdown finally affected the banks in New York.

That's sad about the Pink Floyd dude.

Cincinnati and tunamelt are still without power. I am here to check in to make sure Steven Ward is OK.

Sep 15, 08 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Greetings from the Nati TC!!!
I am still alive albeit a little on edge since yesterday afternoon. I'm actually one of the lucky ones that finally has power, but unfortunately no cable/internet connection. At present time I am sitting in my car stealing wifi service from the Panera in front of me. Everything thing is crazy here. Trees are down throughout the city and half million people are still without power. A friend of mine had part of her roof come off and the house three doors down from my parents sustained lots of damage when a tree unrooted itself and fell on the back of the house. My parents mature trees also sustained some significant damage, but none came crashing down on the house (thank God). Work was cancelled today b/c there was no power. I wonder if we'll have some tomorrow. My best friend who lives in Columbus also said the wind whipped through there as well and left lots of damage too. GAH!!!!

I finished my book this morning and quicly went the third in the series. While I was there I bought the fourth too. Manta - I'm am so ashamed to say. It's the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. It's complete and utter fluff, the first book was our book of the month for my book club, but I got so engrossed I couldn't stop. Needless to say after a weekend of being completely in fantasy land, I have no idea what's really going on. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to catch up.

Anyway, better run. Need to check my email and get back home so that I can make dinner and do more reading. Glad to hear everyone is safe. Caio.

Sep 15, 08 6:26 pm  · 
 · 

Hey tuna, glad to see that you are alright - we all missed you and happy to know you are safe and have at least power.

Did anyone catch Tina Fey's return to SNL to dub Palin? I am gutted - its brilliant. Most funny is how much Fox News is broadcasting it, over and over again.

Sep 15, 08 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
Sep 15, 08 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wait, Fox Noise is broadcasting it? Over and over again? They do realize Tina Fey is making fun of her, right?

Sep 15, 08 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

to nam- yeah it kinda looks that way...the time is the song is over thought i'd something more to SaY...

Sep 15, 08 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

Tuna etc,
Glad to hear you are mostly unscathed..

Vado i am sure that it isn't easy but hope you are staying positive. I am sure seeing LB helped...

Orhan that is actually one of my favorite Pink Flyod songs. I didn't like Echoes until i got into them. My first love was Wall, Dark Side of the Moon etc.. Then i really got in early Sid Barrett stuff, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Saucer full of Secrets etc. Then i began to appreciate late Floyd like Echoes, Animals etc..

Sep 15, 08 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS WOMAN KNOW ABOUT ISLAMIC TERRORISTS?!?!?!

GGGAHHHHH!!!!!

...okay, I promise that is all I'm gonna say about That Woman. Can't. Stand. Any. More. Of. This.....

(sorry, back to your regular business)

Sep 15, 08 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

p.s. everyone watch today's daily show

Sep 15, 08 11:08 pm  · 
 · 

I find it funny that so many people I know that have stated their firm opposition to John McCain for months (years for some) are so obsessed with Sarah Palin. If the presidential candidate is already known to be bad, why care about his running mate? Isn't it enough to know that one of the pair is crap already?

Sep 16, 08 5:20 am  · 
 · 

because there is a danger that, in this case, two wrongs might make a win?!

Sep 16, 08 6:46 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

paris hilton would make a better president than sarah palin. mccain is a fool for not making the obvious choice here.

Sep 16, 08 8:53 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Vado, that is sad, but way to pull the the thread full circle with a Pink Floyd refference. You are so much more brilliant than I.

They said on the radio this morning that U of H is beginning classes today - but only if you want to return, and your grade wont be affected if you don't. Can I see a show of hands of those who would go back or stay home? Please tell me I'm not the only slacker in the room.

Seems there was something else I was going to say, but can't recall. I'm in a strange mood. I feel like talking in 1930s English today - like all the classic prose written in yesteryear. And our office is puppy-sitting. The dog is cute, I'll admit - a long haired jack russle, but he's making our office to sound like a kennel; I just hope it doesn't begin to also smell that way.

Sep 16, 08 9:00 am  · 
 · 

I remember when I took the pup to work but she didn't really bark. It was fun times with that beagle.

And I'm not sure I'd say that Pink Floyd video was sad...rather mildly suppressive.

Also has anyone noticed that the Dubai Wheel by Potts looks oddly like the spawn of Future Systems Prague Library? I'm sure Jan Kaplicky will have something to say about that.

Sep 16, 08 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Techno, I wasn't saying that the video was sad, rather the suggested breakup.

And somebody please cheer me up. Mama sent me a graphic email about yesterday's Oprah show, and its got me all mixed up - sad, angry, ect. At least it got me motivated, and I sent an email to my two senators.

Sep 16, 08 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Damn I heart all this Pink Floyd. I grew up listening to the Dark Side of the Moon and love it (my Pops was a fan). I think TIME is actually one of my all time favorite songs. Funny thing is I don't own any Pink Floyd CDs.

Back to work today, it's kinda slow though.

Off to catch up on current events. Am still rather in dark with everything that happened over the weekend.

Sep 16, 08 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Just don't read the financial news. It will make power outages and downed trees seem cheery by comparison.

Sep 16, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
mfrech

i've been spending my evenings C.H.U.D.-proofing the house. because when everything starts to unravel, the CHUDs are the first to rise up and revolt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.H.U.D

Sep 16, 08 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

c.h.u.d. was a reference to the us dept of housing & urban development (hud)...frankly that's much scarier than any hollywood b-movie

Sep 16, 08 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I still have C.H.U.D. nightmares.

Sep 16, 08 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

I am begining to get real bummed about the economic situation.
It seems like no matter what happens politically it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
And i don't even have any money invested or own a home.
Applying to grad school for next fall is lookifn more and more likely/better/smart....

Sep 16, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

nam-
when the going gets tough, the tough go to grad school
(and get massive student loans)

Sep 16, 08 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

uh. actually, getting student loans won't be any easier. unless the fed increases grants, loosens what defines "need" and allows as part of retraining - unemployment - the "need" to get a graduate degree. it's become apparent that a bachelors degree is no longer a standard for success. i feel like my degree is no more a gurantee to security than actual skilled labor.

Sep 16, 08 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box
amy poehler's leaving SNL...

sooo depressing...

Sep 16, 08 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

Tree, exactly....
Holz,
Way to bum me even more.

Sep 16, 08 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
CHEERUP!!!

people!!!

Sep 16, 08 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

got an email from a consultant that we owe $50k to that we need to pay or the lawyers will be involved - its been six months. sigh. we'd pay them if we could, but it all comes down to a client who got burned by the financial crisis, who burned us. past two days I've been preparing a marketing report for a potential investor for this deadbeat client - seems the best way to get paid is to be a matchmaker. now we'll get sued. it's turning into a CMA afternoon.

Sep 16, 08 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm cheery today, just busy so not posting.

vado, it's not raining at my house, is it at yours?

Sep 16, 08 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

What the hell happened to Sarah Palin? Did Moose Hunting Season Start in Alaska?

Sep 16, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lb, the raindrops will hide my Teardrops!!!

Sep 16, 08 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i think first lp i ever owned was url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_Heart_Mother]'atom heart mother'[/url] by pink floyd, which included alan's psychedelic breakfast. i won't get into morning glory part...
it is an highly spatial piece that conceptually takes you into an actual experience.

in another place;
...And what exactly is Thread Central, where they talk about underwear and what their baby is doing now?...
TC is getting some press.;.))

Sep 16, 08 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Look everybody! I posted a thread about architecture!

Sep 16, 08 9:33 pm  · 
 · 

Just in from school...had fun without me?

Abra thats' the great link I've ever seen created on that anti-political thread.

Sep 16, 08 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey i just watched juno in honor of sarah palin's kid...juno's step sister was named Liberty Bell!!!

Sep 16, 08 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I guess Emilio thinks we need to be discussing underwear.

Anyone got anything? I'm drawing a blank, or rather, all I have to say about underwear right now is very boring.

Sep 16, 08 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

80 bras were stolen from the victoria's secret in muncie...discuss...

Sep 16, 08 10:28 pm  · 
 · 

why wear underwear when you can go commando (unless you are donning the garwondler elephant)

Poor Emilio doesn't understand the love-feast we have going on in TC we are a happy family including the children, wives/husbands and various specie of pets from Daisy, Mies, Wonder Kitty, et al.

Anyway its apparently Le Corbusier week in the uk or something, but everything RIBA has his name on it including a few exhibitions. You can even get a corb moleskine

Sep 16, 08 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I keep visiting here and thinking that i have left some sort of post, but each time I am surprised to see that i have not. Today could be an extension of the very strange wine-induced dreams I had last night. They were pretty freaky actually, but all I can remember is that first I was in a big swoopy building, very Zaha, giving a lecture, and then I had to haul some coal over a bridge, and I was wearing Crocs and fell into a canal, like in Venice or something. Odd, right?

Sep 16, 08 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

sounds like a sarah palinesque dream... hauling coal over the bridge to nowhere in some crocs that you killed and dressed yerself!!!

Sep 16, 08 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OMG vado you're totally right! If only I can remember how my hair was in the dream...

Last night while intoxicated I realized that hair and a penchant for cute specs are the only things that Palin and I have in common. Literally the only things.

Sep 16, 08 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

but you're voting for her right? cuz you're both women right?

Sep 16, 08 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I kinda think Confessions of an Architect should arise anew....

Goodnight all.

Sep 17, 08 12:17 am  · 
 · 

g'night LB...I'll give it a bump as per your request. What are other 'necteurs doing up?

Sep 17, 08 12:34 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

does anyone ever misspell heroes as herpes?

wtf?

Sep 17, 08 2:01 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow. I don't think we have discussed Babies since it was complained about several (10?) pages ago. Emilio must not come around much.

In Baby News, Abe started crawling. That is all.

Seems there was something I was gonna... OH yeah. So when we went to the Kimbell on Sunday, since we didn't make use of the Docent (what is that anyway?), I made up background stories for the paintings in the permanent collection. One of them, and hell if I can find it, was hanging next to the Caravagio painting of the woman playing cards with two men, so maybe it was Caravagio, but the subject was some poor people sitting on a step at night. The old woman was wearing Corb's glasses. I wonder if they were painted on after the fact.

Sep 17, 08 9:00 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

[url=http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/sports/442.html]
Embarrassing typo spoils Olympic Heroes celebration[/url]

Sep 17, 08 9:08 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

hehe SH this is the second time i've seen, or heard for that matter, the word "docent"...the other time was in "angels and demons" when they went to the vatican archives...i think it's like a guide/guard who makes sure nobody don't eat the artifacts...

Sep 17, 08 9:09 am  · 
 · 
mfrech

[hooray for grammar, whoops!]

Sep 17, 08 9:10 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Okay, my link isn't working despite having no errors in my code, and now the image isn't showing up. WTF?

Sep 17, 08 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: