Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Hi Liberty, you have a much softer jaw line than the former beauty queen, and sans the scary eye brows (moo moo). Granted I'm only looking at pictures...one day I'll be able to compare.

Aug 29, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

sorry lb. I'll ask you to be my veep running mate if I ever attempt a presidential run.

David, welcome to world of archinect bloggers!

Aug 29, 08 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lb looks nothing like that woman. lb is one of a kind and she will always get my vote!

Aug 29, 08 1:45 pm  · 
 · 

Archi,
I must say haveing spent the last 12 years in the south living in a variety of cracker houses with tin roofs, that is one of my most fav and soothing sounds in the world. My parents house has one, my current house has one, i just love it...

Also, what is this congrats from Tree about? I don't see any school blog post by you, or am i missing something? Or have you just not posted yet?

Anywho that is all folks no off to dinner for my birthday. See ya on the flip side.

Aug 29, 08 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

David/Atechno - No worries I knew who you were.

LB - you have much prettier hair than her.

Looks like I'm going to be driving the scooter home in the rain today. The forecast said no rain. Joke's on me I guess.

Aug 29, 08 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

For the record this is not LB at 18.....but Sarah P in 1984

Aug 29, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

My first thought when I saw this photo is were are her clothes...damn those Alaskan Women are warm blooded.

Aug 29, 08 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

Nam enjoy the birthday celebrations for the two of us. I signed up for the school blog, TK and myself are looking to post from the dark side as it were. But no I have posted anything yet...

rain on a tin roof wins hands down. I would never leave the house just waiting to hear that sound, curled up with a cup of coffee and view out to sea.

Aug 30, 08 2:24 am  · 
 · 
Philarch

I couldn't get the news page so I came to archinect first and saw the Sarah Palin thread. Holy shit! I am supposed to have a flight back to the US on November 18th, but I'm going to do everything I can to get back early enough to vote. Why is archinect my political news source while I'm abroad?

Aug 30, 08 6:43 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive

Aug 30, 08 8:46 am  · 
 · 
n_

Hi TC.

I'm in St. Petersburg, Russia right now. No one smiles in Russia. Ever.

I'll be hoping on the Trans-Siberian train in a few days and will end up in Beijing some 5,256 miles and three weeks later. Hope all is well.

Aug 30, 08 9:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe i ought to move to russia...

Aug 30, 08 10:03 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

I'm supposed to have a return flight back to Montserrat on the 3rd, I'm postponing it - but I have no idea until when. Maybe until January...

the rain has finally stopped there are blue skies all around, and the lovely fresh smell all around. Everything is green and nature is showing her smile

Aug 30, 08 10:56 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

no one smiles in russia?
how unfortunate

Aug 30, 08 11:45 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

smiling is over-rated

Aug 30, 08 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

hi TC!!! it has been quite a while since i checked in here... i figure now that i'm back at school i might have a bit more time to follow the goings on in thread central... i had been running my own firm (with a few little projects) and working as an independent contractor for two other firms since january... it was a little bit overwhelming, but definitely rewarding...

i'm definitely looking forward to a-techno's and tk's architutor blogs... after getting my feet wet in the phd program i'll be on some juries, so i'll have to watch what i say a bit too...

anyways, i missed you guys and i'm looking forward to being a TC regular again...

Aug 30, 08 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm here too, but boring. Suffering through an extended exercise headache. Ouch.

I miss rain. :o/

Aug 31, 08 7:15 pm  · 
 · 

dead dead dead

What's the matter with TC today. I guess everyone has been enjoy the sunshine out at the park with pets and/or kids and/or loved ones. Otherwise you all have no excuses. What are mdler and tumbles going to say when they come back and see we haven't been chatting up a storm (pun intended)

anyway for those in the NO area - get out. Be safe. Gustav is for real, I'll be cleaning up his mess tomorrow.

love to all

Aug 31, 08 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Techno, today is a holiday!

Sep 1, 08 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

ahhhhh that explains it. Then what are doing online? Go grab you gorgeous son and go enjoy the day off.

In the meantime, I am going to procrastinate finding anything to occupy my time other than compile my portfolio

Sep 1, 08 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Ugh. I don't know how to make the notifications stop. I've tried everything...posting with that thing ------------------------>
checked, then posting with it unchecked. Under different screen names too. I think I'm doomed to a day of constant, useless emails.

Sep 1, 08 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

emkem... i think that there is a link in the notifications email that will take you off of the list if you click on it...

Sep 1, 08 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

EmKem - have you thought about emailing Paul or anyone else? Hope it gets worked out soon.

Happy Labor Day TC. I've actually gotten a good amount done today. After throwing stuff into a pile the entire summer, I'm finally almost finished with the frame for the compost heap. The wood has only been sitting in the driveway for about two months now. I'm slightly concerned with my "structural" design of it but am crossing my fingers it doesn't fall apart upon completion. Just one of the few downfalls to only being an interior designer... I never took a structures class ;o)

Sep 1, 08 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

OMG you're right! The link was in the email....I had gotten so used to deleting them I wasn't paying attention! Thanks :o)

Sep 1, 08 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

Good evening.
I had a great birthday weekend. Maybe even met a girl. Didn't get much done though, except spending quality time with friends i haven't seen in a bit.

Sep 1, 08 10:42 pm  · 
 · 

nam glad you enjoyed it, meeting a nice lady is always a great birthday present.

W/EK did you get the emails to stop? I have a full day of classes tomorrow (substituting for one of the graduate courses...trying to take that one as well - to accumilate 10 hours a week teaching). I'm 11pm now and I still don't feel tired. I think it is possible that I slept too much over the weekend...I guess its time to party then.

Sep 2, 08 12:09 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Good luck today, Techno. I will miss you.

Tuna, I took 4 structures classes, and I still over-design everything. I think it must just be inherent - either that, or I'm just a really bad learner.

Nam, hope it all works the way you want it to.

And, I met a baby over the weekend - 5 months old, and wearing 12 month old clothes! - that made me thankful the Abe is such an angel. That kid was the biggest cry-baby EVER!

Sep 2, 08 9:02 am  · 
 · 
****melt

SH - my design failed miserably. Fortunately my friend and her fiance will be over sometime soon to help me fix it.

It turns out that the new guy went to high school with me. He kinda looked familiar but I didn't know why. Egads, I really hope he doesn't try to reminisce. I put that life behind me long ago and would rather not. Time to get out of dodge?

Sep 2, 08 9:07 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Tuns, what new guy? I cant imagine working with someone from high school, but I dont have to worry about that much - most of them didnt get a degree. Though, I suppose, I could always end up at the bottom of the ladder.

Sep 2, 08 9:40 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

because its september and because i like gurls and because i love this SoNg!

Sep 2, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I can't focus. was sick for the past two days with a cold and now struggling to get through a day at the office. not that I have anything to do today, but I'd still like to try.

Sep 2, 08 11:59 am  · 
 · 
****melt

SH - just a new hire that started today. Not that it's a big deal but I always am surprised whenever I do run into people that I went to school with. Most of the time they recognize me and I have no clue who they are. Guess it just means that I was more oblivious to my immediate surroundings than I thought I was in school.

Thanks vado for the dedication.

TK - hope you are feeling better. Nothing worse than being sick during a long weekend.

Sep 2, 08 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Tuna, same thing happens to me. I like to look at it as not being oblivious, but simply above it all. I had places to go, and things to do, and just didnt have time to give everyone my attentions.

No, I'm not really that stuck up. For me, it was more that I didn't figure people noticed me, cause after all, who was I, and then I'm suprised that they did. Although, for me, it was my big, curly blonde hair that stood out more than anything.

Sep 2, 08 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hi TC.

Well I was out all weekend mostly in Louisville (which was great - Steven rocks and his wife is unbelievably gorgeous and wonderful) and then entertaining my in-laws who are in town. But also: I've been totally obsessed with Sarah Palin and need to stop. I've been somewhat in denial about this election because I'm so scared of where our country seems to be heading, but Palin has kicked every shred of my feminist activist fiber into overdrive.

Back to work today.

Sep 2, 08 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

LB, did you elaborate on the SP thread? I haven't opened that one, so you've gotten me curious.

Sep 2, 08 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh yeah, I elaborated for sure. Too much, perhaps.

Sep 2, 08 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

LB, i dedicated a picture of philadelphia to you in my school blog!!!

Sep 2, 08 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

LB.
RE: Palin,
I too have been reading the blogs and MSM repeatedly.
I feel like i am watching a train wreck in slow mo.

Sep 2, 08 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ditto on the train wreck thing. I've been watching a lot of Keith Olbermann lately (love him) and he had a guy on from Newsweek who said that in picking her, McCain sure made things interesting. Although she's dangerously under-qualified, I have to agree.

And yes the emails finally stopped ... thanks, techno ;o)

Sep 2, 08 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

RE Palin:

1. Where in the Constitution are Americans guaranteed a "right to privacy"?

2. Where in the Constitution are civil servants guaranteed a "right to privacy"?

3. Where in the Constitution are public officials and their families guaranteed a "right to privacy"?

If any Republican can show me where, the answer to any of the above is located, then perhaps we can all agree that Americans - normal everyday Women and Men - are allowed to consult with their physician in private, regarding themselves and their "family" and their health issues. Then perhaps, and only then, will the issue of choice and stem cells can be put to rest. Until then, fuck them and fuck their "right to privacy"!

Sep 2, 08 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

hey beta & wK et al, love you too. but lets please keep TC an ideologically free thread!

Sep 2, 08 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

there is no archinect entry on wikipedia & I want an index of archinect before the next round of grad school applicants arrives! maybe it's time to bring back the wikipedia project.

Sep 2, 08 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I can't stop. I'm so freakin' worked up about Palin I just can't stop.

But yes, I'll keep it away from TC. If you want to know my views, visit one of the many other threads. If I get too, too nutty on those threads, I trust you TCers, please tell me so here and I'll stop, or at least turn it down a notch!

Sep 2, 08 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

You're not too nutty LB. I share most of your sentiments, but I try not to be redundant if I can help it.

Nam - what's this about maybe meeting a girl? Hopefully you got her her digits. How exciting to have met someone on your b-day weekend.

Sep 2, 08 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

It was just a single comment and it ended there. I love all your children but I never complain when entire pages of TC are devoted to the chronicles of your tots, or other things much more trivial, despite the fact that I have nothing of interest to add. I feel very strongly about politics and I don't think I need to apologize for one comment. Besides it's either that or the WonderKitty :oP

In fact, I'm getting awfully tired of having to apologize for most of the things I say. I'm a pretty rational person and most of what I say is fair, balanced, and generous. And 95% of the time I'm not even sorry anyway. So, thanks for helping me come to this realization...

Sep 2, 08 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ah, yes, tunamelt turns the conversation back to the love lives of TCer's - a much more interesting topic, thank you for that!

So what *is* up with that, nam? (And happy birthday much too late).

And puddles, I asked you if you had a sweetheart and all you responded was "I'm still alive"...

Sep 2, 08 9:50 pm  · 
 · 

Hey all,
I think it actually might be the first time i have ever brought up the love life on TC,
She is a friend of a friend who i have known for maybe 6 months and i have picked up on a vibe before. But at the time she was in the middle/end of a relationship so i didn't make any moves.
However, when i ran into her and my friend on my birthday i discovered she was no officially single. There was a bit of chemistry et al, i am hoping something might develop further. I am definitely going to see her again this week.

Sep 2, 08 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

LB - I try. Besides I like living vicariously through other people's love lives.

BTW - I tend to agree with DubK's above comment. After all, wasn't the TC's initial intent to be able to discuss what's going on Eeverywhere? The DNC, Sarah Palin's "nomination", and the RNC are in a lot of people's thoughts and I don't think it's too over the top to discuss it if it doesn't go on for pages and pages. But I think the same thing goes for every topic. Everything in moderation. I too will try do my best in keeping things varied

That being said... I'm waiting eagerly for the juicy details nam.

And Architphil - I really loved your blog about the urban farm. Could you send me some yummy veggies/fruit my way?

Sep 2, 08 11:07 pm  · 
 · 

arghhhh....I'm so tired. But I'm so addicted I had to come and catch up my TC reading.

life is too short to apologise...for everything. But in the same breath its okay to say when its too much. I guess that's the beauty of creating rant threads. I love the kids, love the politics - even though neither are my own.

Nam, the lady is waiting on the juicy details. Don't keep her waiting - I'll just be easedropping from the other side of the TC'dance floor.

Sarah H, oddly enough you ran across my mind early - I was worried that you were "all alone" in the thread.

I'm knackered guys, I miss you all - although we've never met. But I'm finally able to make travel arrangements..so see you soon. I'm sure this might spout another conspiracy about the tunatechnophilia union by Barry/TK. But there's no proof to the rumor... I would only be so lucky.

Sep 3, 08 1:39 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

DubK, you feeling alright? Were you pissy like I was yesterday? Maybe I was just reading your post with the wrong inflection. Hope today is happier for you, and for me, for that matter.

Awe, Techno, how sweet that you thought of me yesterday. I'm having a cocktail/birthday party on the 13th, want to come? Although, I'm sure you'd steal the spotlight, but then I wouldn't have to entertain. And have you started your blog/thread yet? I'm living vicariously through you.

And on a completely random note, can someone give me the linguistic rundown of et al? I know it basically means 'and all', and I assume its latin, but what does it literally translate to, and why do we still use it?

Sep 3, 08 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: