Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Sarah Hamilton

TK, I would never get anything done if Abe were at the office with me.

Aug 27, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

sh- have you tried? i got away with it for about 90 minutes both times.

Aug 27, 08 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I wouldnt be able to hide him, he likes to talk, and i only have three walls

Aug 27, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

That didn't stop me - I have a wall and a half.

Aug 27, 08 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

techno - i still watch cartoons as well, i bought all of the seasons of Samurai Jack, i just cant get enough of it

Aug 27, 08 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

THey dont say anything to you, tk? really?

Aug 27, 08 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

nope - the boss even stopped by, coo'd at the sapling and commented how cute/well behaved he was.

Aug 27, 08 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

hi all...i'm tired. Went for an idyllic lunch at the beach with a former co-worker from Montserrat who was here for a week. It was all good until I got the bill the overcharged me x3 - I was so pissed off but there was nothing i could do. Anyway, the hurricane has been downgraded and its slowed down so they have added another 24 hours before its likely to make landfall.

over and out...

Aug 27, 08 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

A question for the TC males - hypothetically speaking of course. Say you lost most of your belongings in a house fire, more specificallyyour music and book collection. Say practically the entire office pitches to you a bunch of vinyl and CDs, which is awesome. But one of the girl's goes out on her own, one you barely know and only on a rare occasion actually speak to (it's mostly strained conversation while standing waiting for the morning coffee to brew or when a bunch of others are around) gets you three brand new books, one of which is a book of your favorite artist. Would you think it kinda weird, or would you think she was just being nice... knowing you just lost practically everything in a fire? All hypothetically speaking of course. Thanks.

Aug 27, 08 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i would think it was very sweet of her. was it you?

Aug 27, 08 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

[strike]Oh Tuna! Did your Crush lose his stuff? That sucks.[/strike]

Nevermind, you said hypothetically.

sounds like your chance to me

Aug 27, 08 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
****melt
vado

- Not yet. They are all sitting on my living room floor at the moment... hypothetically speaking that is.

SH - I plead the fifth...

Aug 27, 08 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'll take em. i'm crush worthy.

Aug 27, 08 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Vado, even though you've been back, you've been quieter than normal. What gives?

Aug 27, 08 9:25 pm  · 
 · 

Tuna,
I would think wow, really sweet and kind.
And it would probably make me have a crush on them...

Also, can i just say although most of the DNC convention has so far (outside of Hillary's speech last night) been a snooze as far as i was concerned and after all the heatedness of the primary, Bill one me back tonight.
His endorsement and critique of the Republican platform and why Barack is the one vs McCain to renew the promise of the American dream made me believe in him again.

Aug 27, 08 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

If he doesn't appreciate THAT, he's not worth crushin' on!

That's the sweetest idea ever.

Aug 27, 08 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Awwww vado - you are indeed crush worthy. And if you lose your belongings in any type of disaster I'll buy you some books as well. You'll just have to let me know who your favorite artist is.

nam - that's just how I roll actually, I'm one of those people who loves buying or doing things for others. I once drove a half an hour out of my way to buy/bring a friend a heating pad and a bottle of OVC meds b/c she had a huge migraine... on the fourth of July no less.

Aug 27, 08 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

tuna-

one book is enough to get some time with the boy. ask him for coffee to discuss the book and presto - a date!

good luck (but I thought you and a-techno were an item)

Aug 27, 08 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

barry's got it right on -- use it as an opportunity for a casual coffee date. move the conversation past awkward water-cooler chit-chat! also, i do agree that one book is enough. thoughtful, and a step above everyone else, without throwing it all out there.

Aug 27, 08 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

it's only weird if you think guys and girls can't be friends - RE: When Harry Met Sally...

Aug 27, 08 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Yeah that's what I thought. Three books are over the top. The third one (about the artist) I found just roaming through the art section. It was cheap, but debated about for a good 10 mnutres about it. The others came to the same amount of money I normally give for gifts for people in the office anyway so I'm not concerned.

Aug 27, 08 10:23 pm  · 
 · 

tunamelt, I would think its the sweetest thing in the world - that someone has actually paid enough attention to me to recall what I desire the most. I'd ask her out, damnit! I'm a hopeless romantic though

Aug 27, 08 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

wait am I the only one that caught Barry's last comment? Lol.

And....apparently we've gotten the green light on the archi-tutor school blog (sweet!!!)

Uhmmm gifts of books, make me smile ridiculously :) just for future reference, in case BL/TK's statement comes to fruition

Aug 27, 08 11:00 pm  · 
 · 

Archi,
Gotten the green light from the school, Archinect or both?
I wasn't clear from the beginning if you wanted to do it as an Archinect school blog or one of your own.

Aug 27, 08 11:24 pm  · 
 · 

I think it should be a archinect school blog thingie...alongside the students blog, a great contract or post projection.

Aug 28, 08 2:10 am  · 
 · 

tuna, do it! If you never go for it, you'll never know.

Now speaking of both that and students... I see for so many reasons why you want to do the study abroad thing in undergrad. For one, I am chafing at being in a group so much of the time, and fantasize about just striking out on my own, getting on a bus or a train and just going until I feel like hopping off, not telling anyone where I am, and leaving it all behind. For two, I find being around people who were my students last year (but won't be again) gives me inhibitions. A bunch of us went dancing the other night, and I didn't do anything that ridiculous [/i](read: I did not bring the beautiful italian boy back to our apartment) but I still got shit for it in the morning! WTF. I know they're young, but they've got to realize that their TAs like to have a little fun too, right?

Aug 28, 08 9:04 am  · 
 · 

hi all. [strike]hurricane[/strike] tropical storm Gustav is directly North of us this morning, and is supposed dumping rain as reported by the Assoc Press - but its overcast where I am and no rain. Nonetheless it is a lazy day perfect to snuggle up to someone (even if you don't have a beautiful italian boy/girl). Its almost 11a and I still haven't got out of bed. If only I had room service at home...sigh in a perfect world.

Aug 28, 08 11:46 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

tuna, were they really nice books? is she smart/cute? i'm w/ rationalist on this one.

Aug 28, 08 11:59 am  · 
 · 
****melt

Atechno - yes I caught the remark from BL but was at a loss for what to write. LOL!!!! I'll buy you some books too if you ever lose your house to some sort of tragedy. How does that sound? You blog idea sounds great. I really like that you are considering doing both.

holz - Yes, HE is cute (I'm of the female persuasion ;o)). The books I chose were just your average cost (two are paperback fiction and the other was a relatively inexpensive art book (less than $20)

Turns out I don't have to worry so much. Others are getting him books too. I think in total the office has donated about $400 if not more to the cause of rebuilding both his music and literature collection. It will all be presented to him in one big care package in the weeks to come. I though, will write something in the one just to personalize and let him know it came from me. I think my biggest issue with this whole thing is I have always had this policy of not dating anyone I work with. That and he's buddies with all the principals and I really don't want to get any crap from them (they sometimes have the mindset of 12 year olds)

Rationalist - I'm a wee bit confused. What were you given shit for? That you didn't take him home or that you were flirting with him?

Aug 28, 08 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

tuna-
there are always exceptions to a policy, especially for finding soulmates. don't let the 'rules' get in your way of getting it on.

Aug 28, 08 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Been kicking around here all day wondering about buying some tickets to go see Robert Cray and Keb Mo tonight. I took the plunge,
so me and Mrs. B are sitting in the third row from the front. Damn I'm Excited.

Aug 28, 08 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

tuna- apparently they considered the way we were dancing to be one step away from 'getting it on' as tk puts it. I guess it's just a shock when you're 19 and the world revolves around you, to realize that the people lecturing you on color theory and chair design have sex drives too. But I feel that I should be given considerable credit for the fact that I could have taken that further at any time but didn't want to put on a show for the roommates, so will choose to join you in not knowing why I am being given shit.

Heading to Orvieto early manana, so it's an early turn-in night for me. However am going dancing again tomorrow night despite an early train to Florence the following day. Oh well, how many nights do I have to live in Rome? Wait, don't answer, it'll just depress me. The good news is that I chose to forgo what was turning into an extremely expensive trip to Cinque Terre the following weekend in favor of sticking around for La Notte Bianca, which I'm quite excited about! Has anyone here ever participated in one?

Aug 28, 08 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I did. Its crazy crowded, Rationalista. Dont take anything with you, like bags and such. Also, avoid the cirque di solie event, it will be nothing but bodies with no room to move, so you wont see anything. Also, avoid the campo dei fiori area, its just american students getting trashed.

The Romans like to moo when in large crowds, something about being hearded like cattle, so now you know.

Oh, the transportation system will run all night, but I remember at 2am, when I quit to go home, the #8 tram was so crowded I could barely get off. Just say 'Permeso' (Pear-may-so) loudly, and they will let you through, or you can look pathetic at somebody, and he will have pitty on you and get people out of your way - at least that worked for me.

The first night they did Notte Bianca, there was a black out. I was there for the second, and there was no black out.

Orvieto is nice. But wear comfortable shoes. I swear, in the hill towns, EVERYTHING is ALWAYS uphill. Your thighs will be screaming at you. Oh, and I think Orvieto was the town that, at the top of the hill, is the church. Inside, there is a glass casket with a dead woman who hasn't been embalmed, but is preserved perfectly. Creepy. And a Modern artist did the stations of the cross along a back path leading down the hill from the church - check that out.

Aug 28, 08 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I want a beautiful Italian boy, too.

Aug 28, 08 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Have fun tomorrow rationalist - the Italian leg of your trip sounds amazing. Somwhere I wanna visit before I die. Will you be going to Venice? Take lots of photos.

Aug 28, 08 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I be listening to Robert Cray and Keb Mo in this deco theatre:

Third row back of the orchestra pit!

Aug 28, 08 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'd love to see Keb Mo, snook! Sounds fun and intimate.

tuna, I tend to think better to go a little over the top than hold back and regret it later. Go for it.

Aug 28, 08 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lb too bad you're going out of town cuz these great acts will be performing at ribfest.

dennis de young
peter frampton
blue oyster cult (who i looooove)
ted nugent
and 38 special (writers of the worst rock song ever!)
et al...

Aug 28, 08 6:46 pm  · 
 · 

man, too bad lb didn't invite us to indy instead of coming here. vado and i coulda been jumpin up and down to some boc!

Aug 28, 08 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it seems like all i got are memories. my high school band covered the red and the black and o'd on life itself from boc's TyrannyandMutation record. we rocked it pretty hard at that fox park battle of the bands back in '77 yo.

Aug 28, 08 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

free jazz fest weekend here in chicago. jealous, vr? ;)

snook, that theatre looks AWESOME! have fun!!!! it's so good to sneak away and get out once in awhile.

Aug 28, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey manta my good friend dates this SaXbLaStEr!...check it out yo...

Aug 28, 08 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

vado, i am fucking jealous! you get to see -

totally jealous.

...oh no there goes Tokyo!

Aug 28, 08 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

DAMN!!!! manta, snook and vado it all sounds good. I am jealous

Aug 29, 08 8:54 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

We had a great time...both Cray and Mo kicked it up! After we went for a late Brazilian Style Dinner, which brought back memories. We
joined our friends who own a resturant which we designed. I forgot Thursday night is worker party night....So we made it home in the wee hours of the morning....and thank God it is Friday!

Their is nothing like being 15 feet from Robert Cray watching and listening to him play. He makes it all look so easy. Then again, the tall drink Keb Mo, signs a great song and is a big ole kid on stage. It is good to see someone perform who really enjoys having a good time. He had good conversation with the audience.

Aug 29, 08 9:56 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Am I the only one to notice the resemblance between the gov of alaska (a former beauty queen) and LB???

Aug 29, 08 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Please stop saying that, tk.

Aug 29, 08 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

okay the storm has passed but its still raining shit buckets since 5am. There's about 2" of rain flowing on the road infront of the house, like an Amazonian river. But the good news is I've sleep so well, with the sound of rain drops pattering on the cedar shingled roof. I've slept so long though that my back hurts.

So Tunamelt (giggle) you saw Barry's message too.

Oh wait this a|techno incase no one recognised the name change. I'll be using this account for the archi-tutor blog.

Aug 29, 08 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Honestly, the woman looks dumb as a cow. I look nothing like her, I look scary for entirely different reasons than she.

And now I'm off for the long weekend to try to forget about the looming national nightmare of a McCain/Beauty Queen presidency.

Aug 29, 08 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Whew, techno you sweep in like a breath of rain-tinged fresh air to lighten my mood! Glad you had no problems with the storm!

And now I'm leaving. Happy holiday weekend, all (or happy regular weekend if you're not in the States).

Aug 29, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: