Submit your Fairy Tales 2016 entries by January 16!
Here's one last little reminder that the Fairy Tales 2016 submission deadline is January 16, 2016! It still about a month away, but it'll be here in the blink of an eye. Now that it's the Late Registration period, the entry fee is $75.
First launched by Blank Space in 2014, the competition lets participants write their own architectural fairy tale narrative to explore and discuss real-world topics. The 2014 and 2015 editions were a wild success, reeling in hundreds of submissions from around the globe.
The 2016 jury includes a noteworthy list of individuals:
- Hans Ulrich Obrist (CoDirector of the Serpentine Galleries)
- Elizabeth Diller (Founding Partner of Diller Scofidio + Renfro)
- Allison Arieff (Editorial Director of SPUR)
- Bradford Shellhammer (Founder and CEO of Bezar)
- Daniel Simon (Concept and Car Designer)
- Dror Benshetrit (Founder of Dror)
- Sylvia Lavin (Director of Critical Studies in Architecture at UCLA)
- Cristina Goberna (CoFounder of Fake Industries, Architectural Agonism)
- Aaron Betsky (Dean of the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture)
- Alexander Walter (Editor in Chief of Bustler; Editorial & Production Manager at Archinect)
- Robert McKee (Fulbright Scholar and Creative Writing Instructor)
- David Basulto (Founder and Editor in Chief of Archdaily)
- Becky Quintal (Executive Editor of Archdaily)
- Matthew Hoffman and Francesca Giuliani (Co Founders, Blank Space)
To register and for full competition details, visit blankspaceproject.com.