Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Ms Beary

gin, you could have some fun with this...

May 30, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

back from lunch with liberty bell. i was expecting a scottish brogue but didnt hear one. we did not drink rob roy's for lunch.

May 30, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

In case you guys missed it, betadinesutures passed all his exams wahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

May 30, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

I'm a f*cking mess today. Apparently members of staff have a problem with my management style. And I had a raow with our new structural engineer - he even threatened physical violence against people who oppose him - wtf? Anyhow i think I'll have my first glass of whiskey tonight and my cuban....wish I had an archinect member present to help me bitch and cuss about it.

May 30, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

We ARE present, virtually, for you, techno.

Off that topic, here's a fun quote from Glenn Weiss of Aesthetic Grounds.

For many years, I have believed that painters make better architects than sculptors. Painters and architects share a love for the contradiction of the illusion of space and the reality of the object. They succeed with the visual beauty of shaped stuff in a contained volume and with the felt relationships trapped in the volume.

Sculptors like the stuff too much. The architecture of the sculptors tends towards elaborate construction methods to celebrate the stuff. Weight dominates. Space dissipates.

May 30, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I am glad that LB is a proponent of aggressive flatulence

May 30, 07 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Liberty, thank you for the kind words! I am so relieved to have finished this chapter, and looking forward to the next challenges! I am sooo overwhelmed by the possibilities. I spoke with a friend from the east coast and he said to me "you know what this means, right?" i said what's that? he said now it means you're easier to sue....i laughed my ass off, but have to agree...the freedom though, man it's nice...

thanks to killa, dubk, orhan, ratio, steven and everyone else for the kind words.

May 30, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

It was his birthday the other day too. What a sweet birthday present!

May 30, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

oh, i can't forget Beary! she said i was her hero! no one has ever said that to me before...although i'd like to think it was because i wore my Architecture Sucks shirt out in the open for my last exam, sort of a FU to my pals at N C A R B and Prometric....

oh, i am getting NCARB and AIA too, can't change em if you don't join em, and i am a vocal, a very vocal person READ: i complain a lot.

May 30, 07 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Fantastic, Stourley, absolutely the right attitude.*

*both the joining AIA thing AND the wearing the Sucks shirt to prometric....hahaha

May 30, 07 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

three cheers for Mr. KrackPipe! Way to go. Can you stamp a drawing for me???? its of my dream house. its octoganal shaped!!!

May 30, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

my first official stamping of a work of ARCHITECTURE will be of the first 3d-h oot-house...

thanks for the kindness vado, from one crag to the other!

May 30, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 

whose killa and how comes i'm not in that list? Sad!

May 30, 07 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

sorry techno, didn't mean to dis ya, i really am appreciative for everyone's help, words of wisdoom and wisdom, like you and DCA and formerlyunknown, it's been a real source of inspiration to be in the trenches with people, who i've never met - for the most - and yet seem to dispense such brilliant things...

i hope i can do the same.

May 30, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Wonderk - I really do want to hear about your flowers.

Wait a minute, wrong thread.

May 30, 07 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
some person

woah...an unsolicited shout-out from beta *just* when I happened to refresh TC after missing out on the last 1200 posts... :)

It must be my lucky day.

welcome back lb

May 30, 07 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
some person

ftft. There are too many people posting right now... sorry I screwed up the 101. Maybe it isn't my lucky day.

May 30, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
some person

ftft, again. The 102, rather.

I've seriously been having focus problems lately, and it's really starting to scare me (i.e. I cite proper days of the week but pair them with the wrong numerical dates).

May 30, 07 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

brilliant, diabase. One hundred pages later, and that joke still makes me laugh.

DCA, go to the doctor! I call the doctor for everything. One time I actually thought I had a tumor on my sternum. The doctor humored me by checking but also laughed at me. I still call them for everything.

May 30, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

if i had a band dubk, i would name it "WonderK I want to hear about your flowers"...that is probably the most recognizable line on archinect, well that and "give me back my name"

ugh.

May 30, 07 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Glad you appreciated it WonderK - its nice to mix up threads, even though where I am its Thursday so I can't really be sarcastic. Maybe there should be a new thread called Sentimental Thursday...

...I remember when Stourley was called Betadinesutures... Well done by the way mate.

And welcome back LB - can you recommend a good scotch? I have a thing where I will buy my two best mates [who have each just had their first babies] a bottle of the finest single malt to consume together when one mate gets back from the UK in November.

May 30, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Your band name would be WonderK I want to hear about your flowers. Your first single would be Give me Back My Name followed by I Killed the Brick.

hrmm...there must be other track titles floating around Archinect...

May 30, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
dia

More titles,

dear abracadabra
What do you think...
PC or Mac?

May 30, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
some person

WonderK: I wish I had the luxury of extra time to see the doctor for things that are non-life-threatening.

My projects cause me to work so much which causes me to lose my mind which stresses me out to the point that I need to see a doctor but can't because my projects cause me to work so much... It's truly a vicious cycle. I'll stop complaining now, no one wants to hear it.

May 30, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

dia, my favorite is still Lagavulan, although Laphroiag is also excellent.

Stourley, I'm still so excited about you "joining the ranks". I'm in good company now that you're in!

May 30, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

THANK YOU liberty bell, for FINALLY telling me who the freak Stourley has been all this time! I knew he was someone who'd been here a while, but there are so many people that have simply left or dwindled away in the time I've been here that I couldn't be sure which name I missed that had re-emerged as Stourley.

May 30, 07 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

dia, thanks, how is the family doing?

liberty, all i kept thinking was that, now i can join the club liberty and orhan belong to...that is quite exciting!

i think i will work on my submission for the Breuer Library this weekend, there's still time right! ;]

May 30, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

and steven....

May 30, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, Stourley!

May 30, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Because architechno was brave enough to post himself trying on glasses, and because I know (hope) you guys will get a kick out of it, here is the funniest pic of me from Scotland:

The house way in the background is the infamous Boleskine House, home of Aleister Crowley, follower of dark arts and self-proclaimed "Beast of the Highlands". I'm doing my best devil face to mock him! The house was alter, and IMO far more importantly, owned by one James Patrick Page, undisputed master of kick-ass guitaring. I love you, Jimmy!

May 31, 07 12:20 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey liberty, is that Nessy i see in the background??

thanks LiG!

May 31, 07 4:32 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

LB-great pic, but I thought that was the garwondler in the loch...

architechnophilia - i'm treekilla

Stourley- after my exams on the 11th/12th, we need to get together. I may wear my 'architecture sucks' shirt one of the days. hmm, site planning or grading/stormwater? the practice problems that are causing the biggest headache are the 'cone of vision/screening view' ones where you need to design a berm that is just high enough in a very tightly confined site...

the job search drags on- it's nice that i got people hunting for my head too...

May 31, 07 9:43 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I wonder what would happen if you wore the Architecture Sucks t-shirt
the days you were taking your registration exams. I can only imagine some stuffy old architect asking you to leave the room.

May 31, 07 10:43 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

is it just me or has the rate of posting been really low lately on archinect??

May 31, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

lletdownl>

mdler's on vacation.

May 31, 07 11:01 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

hahahahaha that definitely explains it...
archinect is so calm and peaceful...
it makes me nervous! someone needs to resurrect some "why does isreal suck so bad" threads

May 31, 07 11:05 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

You are right, it has been quieter than usual lately. Even Per seems to be stewing quietly this week.

May 31, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm so busy with Postopolis today the other threads are being neglected....for the most part. Actually it's my clients who are being neglected.

May 31, 07 11:20 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Speaking of neglect, if I only knew where I was eating dinner this Saturday evening....

:oP

May 31, 07 11:29 am  · 
 · 

huh? I thought you were coming into town next weekend?! Or are you referring to something else?

May 31, 07 11:42 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I am having dinner with liberty bell this Saturday evening, at a location TBD. I am having dinner with you and half of Los Angeles next Saturday evening. With any luck, scotch will be consumed at both events.

May 31, 07 11:46 am  · 
 · 

oh my, you lucky girl! Are you going to LB, or is LB coming to you?

May 31, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm going to lb. Then to New York. Then to LA to see you. Then to Philadelphia. In less than 2 weeks. Ah!

May 31, 07 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

hi dubK

May 31, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Yawn.

May 31, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Given the option of neglecting my clients and neglecting DubK, I'm of course going to immediately figure out where we are having dinner on Saturday! Checking out the Music Mill website right now!

May 31, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Music Mill designed by yours truly's firm.

May 31, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yep, that's partly why we're going - it's a very cool interior spce and supposedly has good food!

May 31, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks lb! I can't check my email right now, but there will be 5 of us.

hi mdler!

get some coffee, Chili!

to the rest of you: Never underestimate how much effort it takes to fluctuate between frivolous and pensive in a single work day.

May 31, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WonderK has some kind of meta-physical communication skill, because even though puddles doesn't have internet he know she posted about his refrigerator, and even though she can't check email, she knows I asked her how many people will be in our dinner party...

You rock, Wonder(K)Woman!

May 31, 07 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: