Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

treekiller

re|tool
bean town for the weekend. too bad I'm not in the apple for the DBA beer tastings. can you give us a few hints on your identity?

Quilian- just sent an you an email...

r- well said, idly is the crucial word

May 24, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zS-z_U-hKI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zS-z_U-hKI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

May 24, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

dammit!

· 
xtbl
this

is hilarious!!!

· 
xtbl

and this.

May 24, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

No, but I just realized that I blew past post #3333 without even noticing! That's disappointing.

Ps. It's OK, where nasty computer work is required, it's good to have standards...

May 24, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

tumbles i have never seen you in a black turtleneck.

May 24, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well i didnt see any of them on your flickr page!

May 24, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

just to let everybody know like stourley kracklite mentioned earlier, 10000 th. post in TC is not going to be a small achievement in this internet where short attention span prevails.
page 101 should named 'MOSTOPOLIS' page and we should invite other people to post in TC. ie; significant others, archinect regulars who have been dissing TC, shysters etc..
there is no real excuse for not posting in 'MOSTOPOLIS' page of TC.
FYI; i won't be posting 10001 th. post.

May 24, 07 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

maybe we shouldn't have 10001 th post so significant (just a regular ...001 significance that sometimes comes on) but make 101 th. page significant. something like that...

May 24, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

in the news..

May 24, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

When does liberty bell come back? We can't have a celebration like this until she is back!

I do enjoy the idea of the guest posts on the page. Who has been dissing TC though? Some people just can't keep up, you can't blame them though when we blow through a page a day sometimes!

We should definitely have a poll to determine who should be 10001 post. Buttons! Paul?

May 24, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

Did you guys intentionally hit 3000 comments on the 3rd birthday of Archinect v2.0?

oops, that was meant to read 10,000 comments (or 100 pages)

May 24, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i wonder how many of my 7060 posts! are on thread central. somebody add it up for me.

May 24, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yes I planned it. Thanks for noticing.

May 24, 07 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

dubK

you still cleansin'?

May 24, 07 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
outed

ummm....anyone who has over 1,000 posts.....

get back to work!

;)

May 24, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

it's been along time since page 19.

May 25, 07 12:11 am  · 
 · 

laru - most folks on TC lead productive architectural lives.Not to mention real lives with familes like lb and Steven ward - the true heroes

May 25, 07 12:14 am  · 
 · 

On a side note - my daily postings have significantly reduced since returning to work after a 4 month hietus. Whilst I've had great plans to sneak in a post here or there during my morning coffee - such has been the case that I usually don't get a chance to even finish my coffee. Sacrilage I know.

Anyway we've gotten approval for two new cool projects, one of which is an extension to a project I had done when i just arrived...perhaps it is a sign and nice way to leave, when its done. Thoughts?

May 25, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

very nice, 'philia!

it'll be interesting for you, i'm sure, to see what it'll be like to add on to your own work.

May 25, 07 3:21 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey laru, its 7:45 are you in the office yet?

May 25, 07 7:50 am  · 
 · 

just back from in-laws house in country-side, which was recently fitted with a lovely new bath:

i usually prefer to shower but this tub is ergonomically designed for book-reading.

had digital camera this time, and took some random shots from round the house...

May 25, 07 9:16 am  · 
 · 

I had to remind myself that you are in Japan, jump especially after looking at that tub!

May 25, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 

A tub that was ergonomically designed for book reading would ensure me pruny clean skin for the rest of my life.

I was feeling bad about my extravagent postcount, until I looked and saw that vado and I have been around for the exact same amount of time, and he's wayyyy worse than I am!

May 25, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

why should i feel bad for bringing a torch to the cave.

May 25, 07 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I kind of love it when the forum "wakes up" every day at about 12:30 - 1 pm EST, which is when all the West Coasters roll into the office and start not doing anything. Well done, gang.

It's time for my nap. 3-day weekend, woo hoo!

May 25, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Arrgh... Anybody in Chicago want to buy my Jeep Grand Cherokee for around $4000? It's in good condition and very underpriced (according to Kelly Blue Book and NADA), but I'm having a bitch of a time trying to sell it. I guess people aren't in the mood to buy a V8 truck when gas is $4.00 a gallon.

My whole Columbia summer program idea is pretty much riding on me being able to sell this thing... If I don't sell it soon, there will be an empty desk in Avery Hall this summer.

May 25, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

Gin, I had the same problem with a V8 Ford Thunderbird last summer. At a time when gas prices were soaring and compact parking spaces abound, the Tbird just wasn't sparking any interest, and I had to sell it for less than it was really worth.

May 25, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
AP

LiG - you may have more luck in the wealthier burbs outside of the city. gas prices make no difference to some people...

happy friday TC.

May 25, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Well, I have it listed on craigslist, AutoTrader, and cars.com, so the ads are viewable by anybody in the region.

I'm thinking about putting it up on ebay as well, but that's another $40 I'd have to spend.

May 25, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

v8? Goodness...american muscle is expensive. I drive a 2000c engine and find myself spinning tyres most times. Hence why my next purchase will likely be this...

May 25, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

i am torn between taking money or art in exchange for my work from a well known conceptual artist.
i need the money now but artwork is going to be way more money in few years. it is a photo and it is about 15K today. but i can't sell it right now. knowing myself, i'll want to hang on to it.
he has been shown everywhere including moma, moca, witte de with, tate gallery, german national museum, venice bianale, documenta, sao poulo bianele, center pompidou and this is a partial list...
he is an old friend of mine and i designed a summer house for him in argentina where he is originally from.
i think i want the money.

May 25, 07 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Anyone else find the "100" dropped onto the bottom fascinating? There is no pattern above it. Just wrapped text.

May 25, 07 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I like it because it's easy to click on, especially when drunk.

May 25, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha ha I'll test that later...

Or maybe I should refrain.

May 25, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 

possibly tumbles. It's weird for me now since I'm not drinking. This is the second consecutive friday I've stayed in to sleep instead

May 26, 07 1:28 am  · 
 · 

Orhan take the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl_Llt1LtwU]baby[/img]

May 26, 07 1:29 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I almost never go out on Friday evenings (Exhibit A: I'm posting here on a Friday night)... It seems like after a week at my job, the only thing on my mind at 8 PM on a Friday is whether I should mix another martini or just go to bed. Saturday evenings are usually when I go out on the town with my friends.

May 26, 07 1:31 am  · 
 · 
baby

I must be tired...I misposted there. Apologies

May 26, 07 1:37 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Mike Myers is a genius.

After a couple of scotch on the rocks and i lost count of the other drinks I had, I can verify that the 100 at the bottom of the page all by itslef is quite handy and easy to click on. So you can all rest easy.

woo hoooo. i should probably go to bed now. maybe. mayhaps i'll go back out!

May 26, 07 3:03 am  · 
 · 

cool/fascinating that there are so many (great!) songs about money on that page, orhan. the problem you face is not so rare it would seem...

architechnophilia, yeah the bathing room is nice. much money was spent to make it happen. the house is seriously beautiful... a 100+ year old home restored by father in law who is a builder and could afford to use thick hardwood flooring, hand blown lamps, and bring in the craftsmen to do the plaster and earthen walls....visiting is always a super relaxing time...cuz it is just so well done and refined....

actually the average home in Japan, while not as luxurious as the in-law's place, is more akin to american mcmansions than the stereotype version we usually see in the west through the media and through folks like atelier bow-wow...this sort of bathing arrangement is not that rare, in the end....

May 26, 07 3:12 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

this website is cool/unsettling...

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/map.php

May 26, 07 10:25 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive

May 26, 07 10:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

puds, how bout a caribbean update.

May 26, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

I hope I've made it in time for page 100.

May 26, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

puddles where you at? I'm in British West Indies too... shall we arrange a caribbean archinect link-up?

May 26, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

alexander hamilton was from the west indies...

May 26, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 

i just finished installing a new maytag dishwasher. savings = 200$. time = 1.5 hrs. it is working no problem. hardest part was re connecting the old copper pipe. i could have got a new line but why. i kink it a little but not too much to necessiate a tube change. electrical part was easy since i used to be a sparky's assistant long ago.
5 things yo have to do instaling a d/w;

1. take out the old one and remember the steps and parts.
2. connect 3/8" copper tubing. you'll be working in a tight space under sink, don't loose your temper. use plumbers tape.
3. connect drain.
4. connect power.
5 level the machine.

May 26, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i did ten loads of laundry today!

May 26, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: