Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

snook_dude

I think if we might see "ELVIS" surface and smooth everything over with North Korea. I say this because I don't Believe "ELVIS", has left the Building....That thought alone should calm your nerves Puddles...otherwise marry a Brazilian...like I did an we can hang on the beaches....of Brazil. Puddles...something you might want to know is there are more women architecture students than men...and I belive that is true for the profession...However they do have to get rid of Lula...(how can you have a man named Lula head your country...maybe he will change it to Obama)

Jun 10, 09 7:17 pm  · 
 · 

a vanagon is so much cooler. That stuff could run off of [insert funny concoction]

I'm very upset by the YaMoPo this is the second year I've been snubbed despite matching equally or better than some of those sites listed. But I'm not bitter just vengeful!! Congrats to archinect and those that placed nonetheless

Jun 10, 09 7:17 pm  · 
 · 

I too am attracted Chile or even Patagonia. If i do still end up doing PeaceCorps again I am shooting for the souther tip of South America.

Yeah Archinect!

Jun 10, 09 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

the vanagon i was thinking about

I call shotgun

Jun 10, 09 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Jun 10, 09 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

thats awesome vehicle archi.

wk, if anyone could make it work i think you are the person! of course it is easy to encourage these things from thousands of miles away, but i can totally see you on ABC news in no time at all being the person they feature doing cool things cause of/in spite of the economy.

Jun 10, 09 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you can have shotgun in that. any front end collision you'll be looking for your legs....

Techno you're site is a Favorite!

Jun 10, 09 8:11 pm  · 
 · 

WK is being interviewed whilst *m and I are in the backdrop doing yager bombs/tequila shots - we'll claim that we were testing alternative fuels

Jun 10, 09 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

forget the freakin vanagon. people expect that to go granola.

i've been dreaming of getting a '68 bonneville convertible (green, of course, w/ white interior) to convert to biodiesel. how cool would that be to drive across the country. might even get you that tv show without needing any stars...

Jun 10, 09 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

SW - I would get burnt to a crisp driving cross country in that thing b/c I would never want to put up the top.

I think one of my elementary school friends had one of those growing up. That thing rocked.

Atechno - I guess I'm the one who gets to do the tequila shots, as we know what it does to you.

Holy crap it would be a complete and utter blast. Can we do the Loneliest Road or Route 66 this time?

Jun 10, 09 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Pontiacs used to be sooooo cool. I think GM could revamp itself if they started making Oldsmobile 88 and 87' Coupe DeVilles equipped with 22 inch rims and hybrid of course. people complained about the quality of those cars. well they are all over the place. at least in my hood.

I just used Bing. The third entry of the Vado Retro search is a Googlefight between Steven Ward and Vado Retro!

Jun 10, 09 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

Steven by your accord an electric H2 might then be the best bet to save these fledging car companies.

And if you follow google fight Wonder K is bigger that archinect!!

Oh and good news - I have another interview on Friday, this time to present and negotiate an offer - whoo hoo!

Jun 10, 09 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Awesome atechno. Just awesome.

(posted from my palm pre)

Jun 10, 09 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK that's a mini-bus not a Vanagon, and it's flipping gorgeous, but is way out of my price range. However I did just discover a bunch of VW Eurovans on eBay. This might work:

Also I am sooo not bigger than Archinect! And Techno how do you keep being so awesome with all of your interviews?!?! I am wondering if the Caribbean needs a green designer....

Gotta run, dinner's ready...

Jun 10, 09 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

im angry at the resutls, I hate archdaily, and the comments there make me cringe!!! how can archdaily be better than archinect!!!!!!!!

Steven, you're thinking more Jack Kerouac on the road, WK is thinking more (family movie) robin williams.. but, you guys could follow each other,, like i said, forrest gump.

Let's start a Chile fund for all of us dreamers.

Jun 11, 09 1:08 am  · 
 · 
fays.panda

but im happy that BLDGBLOG is up there!

Jun 11, 09 1:13 am  · 
 · 
hillandrock

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww124/hampshiresire/nectrender.jpg

I did this in Rhino... it was my first "big" project other than a retarded cup. I honestly have no idea what it is.

I forgot about layers, I can't get these retarded red lines out of it the render and I don't know how to make things different colors or different reflectives.

I think I'll learn.

Tell me what you think about my Rhino cherry.

Jun 11, 09 1:32 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm drinking wine! On purpose! Stay tuned to see what happens! Will I get a migraine? Or will I just be really happy! Let's hope I don't bid on any Eurovans on eBay before the night is over....

Jun 11, 09 1:48 am  · 
 · 

Pssst. I just wanted to thank everyone for making this blog post into a really interesting discussion. Good stuff.

Jun 11, 09 3:26 am  · 
 · 
bigness

Hey guys and gals, these days (years) i never write in the discussion no' mo'...

is the 3d honeycomb still around?!

Jun 11, 09 6:57 am  · 
 · 

Hey bigness!

Also, what is a Googlefight?

Jun 11, 09 8:03 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Steven, I just logged onto my flickr acct and saw your new pictures. Your youngest is getting so big! And she's gorgeous; reminds me of Drew Barrymore alla E.T. when she was cute. Did you know that the nasal cavity isn't fully formed until around the age of 4, which is why kids still have that baby look until kindergarten, and then suddenly look human. Well, you know what I mean.

We had some rough storms yesterday. Luckily, all is still standing.

Hey, anybody want to buy an '89 gmc truck? I'll throw in a free meeting with me if you buy it!

Oh, and H&R, I think your rhino looks like a fascist dream. I cant actually comment on the rhino-ness of it - sorry.

Jun 11, 09 9:25 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

WonderK....that 89 truck might be just the vehicle you need for your road trip....you could design a shelter on the flat bed.....and off you would go and the bonus would be meeting Sarah...

Jun 11, 09 11:27 am  · 
 · 
fays.panda

haha, sh, don't judge him, he's as honest as it gets, and he has already said many times that he wants to go to the academie beaux-arts,,

h&r, i dont know anyone who renders directly of rhino, try taking it somehwere else, maxwell, max, maya, etc etc..

it wouldve taken u less time on ur beloved sketchup though, no?

Jun 11, 09 11:50 am  · 
 · 

Y'all seen this.

Actually makes me want to watch some Letterman.

Latest in the Letterman-Palin Fued

His responses crack me up especially the last one.

Jun 11, 09 11:53 am  · 
 · 
stefjam

letterman FTW

i want them to have a showdown on his program

Jun 11, 09 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
hillandrock

Fays, I blame my mother for not getting knocked up by Bizarro Superman-- using some sort of sex lube cause by the crash of a nuclear submarine into an oil tanker thereby causing some sort of time flux in her cervix so I could be born in the past.

I know this sounds bad but I really like Nazi architecture. Although I'd be worried about professing such a love in practice.

Although your business card would look pretty cool:

"CITO FIT QUOD DII VOLUNT"

HILLANDROCK
NEO-FASCIST DESIGN SERVICES

But, yeah fays, it would have taken me like 1h 45m to do that in sketchup versus the 4h it took me in Rhino.

WonderK, you should totally rock the Van. Arizona has really laxed rules about long term camping.

Jun 11, 09 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Sarah's truck might be just the thing I need. Depending on how much she's selling it for...

BTW, no migraine! Trader Joe's wine is safe! Hooray! (Maybe all those times i got a wine migraine I just wasn't drinking enough water or something. Who knows. But today I'm happy :o)

Jun 11, 09 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

we're selling it for 5, but for you, 4500! And its got Real Wood trim.

Jun 11, 09 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

OA-

NNDB is great!

Jun 11, 09 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

air guitar...yeah, of course. who hasn't?

air sex...world championships? is it more awkward to be on stage or in the audience?

Jun 11, 09 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

TK, thats crazy.

Cover your eyes if you're the queezy type.

So, Abram has been wierd all week, and well he's had diarhea since Monday which I thought was brought on by the Karo we gave him because he was constipated, but by today decided Karo doesnt last THAT long, and today he threw up on me. I've never been thrown up on, unless you count a time of drunken dubachery, but that was my own! Strangely, it wasn't as gross as it sounds. Since his stomach only contained milk, well, nevermind. Anyway, so I took him to the doctor, or the 'Nurse-Practitioner' whatever that is, and he has Strep! Can you believe it. The boy hasnt had a fever, hasnt been fussy, nothing that would make you say "he's sick." No, he's been acting stoned mostly. Crazy kid; who knew that you could get strep without a sore throat. I hope he doesnt give it to me.

Jun 11, 09 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I bought WonderK's shoes!!

Seriously, they fit me great and are so cool. Comfortable too which is kind of unbelievable.

What i love most about it is owning a consumer item that has a story. I hate shopping, generally really despise it. Usually I only buy things that I stumble across; I never set out to go shopping and get something specific because it stresses me out. But these shoes have a story, and they are secondhand, which I love. Even better, they are secondhand from another Archinecter, and better still, a legendary one!

So excited. Now I need an event at which I can wear them.

Jun 11, 09 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

You should have had her sign them, EllE Belle.

Jun 11, 09 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yay! ElleBelle bought my shoes! Oh I'm so glad they fit and went to a good home :o)

Jun 11, 09 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
ShoeBuyin'Music

Good dance moves at about :44 seconds in!

Jun 11, 09 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

wK- you should start a private shopping service for eco hipsters who hang out on archinect!!!! (or worse case, become a 'green irene')

Jun 11, 09 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Wonder K ask if you can sign the bottom of the right shoe. Liberty you should wear it at the next archinect meet up - which could be soon!!! How about we meet in Cincy? Sarah I think I have a strep throat... I don't like getting sick, but I was due I've been sick for over 18 months. Vado I thought you would of suggested this for shoe shopping but then I guess it's too obvious. *m check it out - it's Hoff version

Jun 11, 09 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'd be up for a meet-up in Cincy as long as it happens sometime between June 20th and the 26th.

Jun 11, 09 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

tomorrows is weekend (friday saturday), its 1 am, and im still in the office, alone in a scary cold office, for some reason, images of Fight Club are coming to me

Jun 11, 09 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

tomorrows is weekend (friday saturday), its 1 am, and im still in the office, alone in a scary cold office, for some reason, images of Fight Club are coming to me

Jun 11, 09 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

fays - no it's not crazy; I think it's fairly natural especially amongst TCrs to have Braddy Brad Brad in your head - three times fast. I'm a straight male and I still have him in my head.

Sarah, I just saw the new pictures of Abe... wow he's growing up fast and he's gorgeous. I love the ones of him in the sink - better than any advertisement

Jun 11, 09 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow, I JUST posted those, Techno.

Jun 11, 09 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I think 'Year 1' might be a very funny movie. It might be the first movie that Husband and I will BOTH want to see.

Jun 11, 09 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

HAHAHAHAHA Atechno WTF is that? I'm thinking it's gotta be dutch they're singing.

Fays - I hope you are getting some good shut eye right now.

LB - I am so happy you gave those shoes a good home. I actually remember drooling over them when DubK wore them to work, but unfortunately I have fat stumpy feet so they wouldn't have fit me. Yay for archinector shoes.

vado - so are those moves you bust out all the time? ;o)

Night all... time to go read.

Jun 11, 09 10:00 pm  · 
 · 

...likes shoes.

Jun 11, 09 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

like bow-ties...but no site....so let your imagination run wild....my first thought....Mark Twain.

Jun 11, 09 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
AP

just got a text from puddles. he's alive and well at the hotel james in downtown chicago.

Jun 12, 09 12:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: