Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

OddArchitect

Out elk hunting again this weekend. Had to cut the trip short due to horrible weather.  There was forecasted 2 inches of rain over a 4 hour period. Not good. I was literally jogging up hill with a 45 pound pack on trying to get back to my vehicle before the rain started. I barely made it off the clay / dirt road before worse of the rain hit. 

I didn't see or hear any elk. :(  It was still nearly a full moon and the impending weather had everything bedded down.  I did get a wild turkey on my way out though!   

Sep 23, 24 9:35 am  · 
3  · 
JLC-1

yep, some snow up here as well, above 10000

Sep 23, 24 11:49 am  · 
4  · 
Wood Guy

Ah, I was wondering who owned the new screen name, now I get it. Sounds like an adventure! Wild turkey is one of my favorite meats, just has to be cooked low and slow.

Sep 23, 24 11:51 am  · 
1  · 
OddArchitect

JCL - No snow in my area but it was raining HARD! 

WG - I've never made wild turkey so this will be an adventure!  I figured the new screen name was more appropriate.  :)

Sep 23, 24 12:17 pm  · 
2  · 

How does wild turkey taste compared to our normal Butterball-type bird?

Sep 23, 24 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

Wild turkey gets you drunk quicker

Sep 23, 24 8:52 pm  · 
2  · 

I don't like Wild Turkey, but I had my first Woodford Reserve in a loooong time last night, I'm sad to say it was delicious. I've been boycotting Kentucky bourbon until Mitch McConnell is dead but I went to a brand new locally-owned and operated club last night and I decided supporting them in the moment was worth breaking my boycott momentarily. The club is a re-opening of a historic Black-owned nightclub from the 40s, the folks that opened it are local Black nonprofit developers trying to revitalize the neighborhood. I did a volunteer day cleaning out the old building a few weeks ago, and now they're open! Very exciting.

Sep 24, 24 1:25 pm  · 
2  · 
sameolddoctor

I love Woodford Reserve. Many years ago we had done a bourbon tasting in Downtown Louisville where they had a 18 year Woodford Reserve sample. 2nd best bourbon, the first being the extremely $$$ Pappy Van Winkle. Great stuff.

Good job Donna on helping the club re-open, you are good people indeed.

Sep 24, 24 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

I've never had wild turkey (the bird). This will be a culinary adventure for me! Wait, what if I baste the wild turkey with WILD TURKEY?

Sep 24, 24 1:41 pm  · 
1  · 
Bench

Damn, you leave for a week on vacation and now rick is calling state licensing boards to argue with them? I feel so bad for the intern who picked up that phone ...

Sep 25, 24 9:23 am  · 
 · 
OddArchitect

He's arguing with them?!? Really?

Sep 25, 24 10:16 am  · 
 · 

I'm pretty sure Rick called a former employer of mine once because he didn't like what I posted.

Sep 25, 24 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

So happy I've got him on ignore. Makes it really easy to "nope" right back out of a thread when I see all the "Richard Balkins is ignored by you"

Sep 25, 24 2:22 pm  · 
3  · 
OddArchitect

Looks like steinberg hart is hiring.  ;)

Sep 25, 24 1:04 pm  · 
3  · 
JLC-1

looks like a heavy shake-up in the production teams.

Sep 25, 24 1:16 pm  · 
1  · 
axonapoplectic

I just received a job posting from a recruiter with a laughably low salary. They’re looking for a registered architect with 10+ years experience for what recent grads typically earn. I am wondering if they haven’t hired anyone in 20 years.

Sep 25, 24 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

or the market is tanking

Sep 25, 24 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: