Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

n_

I was in the office for a whopping 22 hours this weekend and had a NPRathon with my coworker.

This is a quite humorous account of fasting and body cleansing as told by This American Life.

May 21, 07 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks n_. Hey, is the offer for dinner still open when I do my cross country trip? I believe it involved seafood....I will still bring you Skyline....yes I'll be done fasting by then....

May 21, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 

SBD I'm so sorry that you got hit, worse that you hand has turned into a foot apparently. Gruesome pic - yet cool at the same time

May 21, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 

I had my third day back on the job, and I've had to deal with the new folks. One doesn't know his head from his ass, and the other well he's much old and has his head up his ass.

They are both making me feel rather fed up, because they want to apply the brakes on everything. This is really making me regret requesting a structural engineer (geezer) and a cad technician.

Anyway that's my workly gripe and i've decided to slowly count the weeks until my contract is up in March.

fuck it all, private practice awaits!!

May 21, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
n_

WonderK - Yes! When will be in my neck of the woods? I'm going to be in-and-out of town basically the whole summer but primarily in the last few weeks of July and beginning weeks of August for weddings, vacations, and short rehab stints. (Ok, I'm lying about the rehab stints.)

Give me a time frame and I'll see what we can do. Oh, oh by that time my hair will no longer be Mark Hamill circa 1980 but maybe more femme mullet.

May 22, 07 9:44 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think I'm going to be heading in your direction either Sunday August 5 or Monday August 6....let me know if that works for you.

Also if there are any other Archinectors between TN and Los Angeles by way of Arkansas, Dallas, TX, New Mexico and Arizona, please let me know where you are and I will bring you Skyline as well.

May 22, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

wk- can you head north a little? or do I have to wait till my next LA trip?

May 22, 07 10:04 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

The WonderTruck can only go so far. As it is, it's going to take me at least 5 days to get out there! And that's if we push it.

tk, I can send you some Skyline if you want. Otherwise I'll have to see you in LA next time!

May 22, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 

if you haven't yet, be sure to check out vado's everyday urbanism thread... he documents a walk through indianapolis... rutger documents delft... and i document a walk through st. petersburg...

also, can we do something about the kerning on the top line of pages on TC? if it was just a little bit tighter there would be such a nice little red rectangle of numbers...

May 22, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

WK-
I'll pass on the skyline, had my fill when I was at the KSA, but thanks!!!
see you in LA! (five days is a reasonable plan, plan on a 6th just to be safe)

May 22, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
mdler

dubK

2 pints of black rasberry chip and 2 pints of chocolate mocha chip please

May 22, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

damnit - I think i'm wasting my life away I should join debK on her travels...I'm sure she wouldn't mind a co-pilot. It would be a sure way to meet all those friendly archinectors. Bah

Instead I'm sitting in an office, barely awake and pondering if my shoulders are strong enough to go kite surfing.

May 22, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

how's Day 2 going, WonderK?

May 22, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

architechno, you are welcome. If you take me kite surfing someday!

Day 2 is going well. I really don't have any complaints. I am not hungry, and not in pain. I started to have a little headache yesterday afternoon but - poof! It went away. That doesn't usually happen. Also I've not been taking allergy pills for two days now, and I feel fine, so if this keeps up I will stay off of them.

mdler I was happy to bring you ice cream, until you posted that picture of me AGAIN, and now you're not getting anything.

May 22, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

dubK

I didnt know you had started the cleanse...good luck

May 22, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha ha, that's funny.

i need them to be in a uniform grid, dammit!!!

May 22, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

I love how it drives someone else crazy, too! "61" is so bad that it looks like there's a whole space in between there.

May 22, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

are you sure you arent a modernist at heart?

May 22, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

My 61 looks fine. 1-23 is pretty aggravating though. Perhaps we all have our text sizes set differently....

What's going to happen when it hits 100?!?

May 22, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Techno, you might want to leave the kite surfing alone for a while. Shoulders are some of the essential movable body parts.

May 22, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

the WonderK express...

May 22, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Orhan - we read Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio, comparing it the Disney film and this book for one of my 2nd year design studios (Cultural Artifact, Narrative Itinerary...). all 3, each different and fascinating, informed our projects, making them far richer than typical 2nd year projects would have otherwise been. our professor was a painter, studied under Josef Albers at Yale some decades ago...

i too look forward to more of this family story you are developing.

SBD and rationalist - when i was in high school i was hit by a car while riding my bike to go play basketball (ball in hand). An old lady in a Grand Marquis rolled through a stop sign going 10 or so mph...i was probably going faster on bike...my bike hit the driver side fender/bumper, i tumbled across the hood and on to the street (passenger side). the lady just looked, waved, and drove off. i suffered only minor scrapes...still was able to go play ball.

finally getting settled into nyc. 2nd day on the job, just found an apartment in Grammercy Park, will move in this weekend...the GF has a job too...all is well. looking forward to meeting some local archinecters at DBA on May 30...

May 22, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

My wife took an IKEA Research day with her girlfriend and I'm stuck in the office....trying to wrap up some presentation drawings while the dogs are begging me to go out and play, cause it is a picture perfect day.....oh...say....the life of and architect.

May 22, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

somehow Crystal Light had backed off a bit last week, but then yesterday, another cake. And the same tired old line about wanting us all to be fat.

*sigh*

17 weeks to go.

May 22, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

when i got hit by the car tumbleweed flashed before my eyes....

....and she was holding a chipotle burrito, HOT!

May 22, 07 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

you bastards are posting way too much on this thread, SLOW DOWN! You'll ruin my master plan.

May 22, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 

huh?

tumbles, have you started packing yet?

May 22, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 

master plan (hamster plan) you planning on posting oversize images of your busted/bruised foot/palm SBD?

May 22, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

SBD- you better start posting more if you want to hit 1k on the 100th page of TC.

Yeah, I need a job - just got back from meeting with an architectural staffing firm, nothing to loose and everything to gain if they find a job for me.

My ties with AUDC go back to grad school where I was in Kazys's seminar for the phd kids at penn (no, i just took the class as an elective). where we were reading architectural theory in the original first editions, so 400 year-old versions of palladio, 70 year-old corbu all in the rare book room. He liked what I wrote for my thesis and invited me to submit something for the a book he's working on Los Angeles on coming out in this fall. I'm just hoping for a few free copies of that book with my photos and essay in it. (I'll share when it's on amazon.com). So when your editor 'asks' for a favor, how do you turn him down?

SBD- you better start posting more then mdler if you want to make it!

May 22, 07 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

treekiller, good catch

May 22, 07 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

er, i mean tumble

May 22, 07 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
n_

WonderK - I am 90% sure I'll be out of town that weekend but I should be back by that Sunday/Monday.

Hmmmmmmm...Skyline and an archinector.

May 22, 07 9:58 pm  · 
 · 

i think i'm lost to me skylines are sports cars - I thought dub was driving a truck?

May 22, 07 11:11 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

tsk, tsk...

Skyline:

May 22, 07 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

By the way: 27 business days left at my shitty job. Not that I'm counting, mind you.

Good news is, our disgusting, stupid, incompetent marketing skank finally got fired last week. For the past two years she's typically been absent or late at least three days a week, with excuses like "pinkeye" and "squirrel in house". Each day was a new excuse why she couldn't show up for work. Mind you, this was somebody who made $90k a year and had a private office. It was actually better when she was out of the office, because whenever she was around, she'd usually fuck things up so badly that we'd be begging her to take another sick day. (Of course, all her fuck-ups were the fault of her co-workers.)

She had an incredibly loud voice that sounded like the Penguin from Batman... Thank God I'll never have to hear that voice again. Good riddance.

May 23, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 

tumbles, you totally called out my one attempt at a PC response to something which I longed to rail on! How could you? Was my one attempt to be nice that transparent?

May 23, 07 12:17 am  · 
 · 
RejectedSBD

im a gold star man.

May 23, 07 4:53 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

what's with the sbd1, sbd2? I just want our old friend superbeatledud to return...
sbd2 is cheating on getting to page 100 with 1000 posts. either put out or....

LIG- what a dramatic life's path. thanks for sharing.

May 23, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 
RejectedSBD

SBD1 leaves for rome in less than 12 hours, so we'll see if thread central picks up to hit page 100 before then.

May 23, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

SBD1&2 -that can be accommodated, you just had to ask.

May 23, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

im still alive

May 23, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

one

May 23, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

step

· 
xtbl

closer

· 
WonderK

Oooh this is exciting. It's like the ball dropping or something. No Dick Clark or Carson Daly though, which I'm fine with.

May 23, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
RejectedSBD

Even though SBD1 and I are twins, he is my mortal enemy, he stole my life, so i do not wish well upon him. I'm kind of like the original Peter Parker who thinks he's the clone, so he lives as an outcast, and as the Scarlet Spider, where the real clone lives my original life and the regular Spiderman....that bastard, I loath him.

May 23, 07 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

I am also still alive, which I think is something of a feat since today I braved LA rush hour traffic without the protection of my big crash-tested metal box, but instead flew down hills on two skinny wheels.

May 23, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
RejectedSBD

[imghttp://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/6/63/Scarlet_spider.jpg[/img]

May 23, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
RejectedSBD
May 23, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

and yes, tumbleweed, I was being super-restrained with that one. Then you came along and outed my real meaning for everyone to see!

May 23, 07 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: