Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

vado retro

just got back from the indianapolis speedway. got some free tix from them for doing some exhibit work. free food and booze in the suite watched some cars go in circles.

May 16, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Sweet.

Now I want roasted peanuts.

May 16, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

+i, i saw that on the BBC, i think its funny myself.

May 16, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

do you know that if you aren't logged in, thread central doesn't show up?!?! i was in a panic for a few minutes there.

May 16, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

... you always could have returned to using KK. fromconcentrate did sign up for the name first, you obviously found this out and added the punctuation to get your claim...

...Glad it was easily solved like adults with no poop thrown...

May 16, 07 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

tumbles, when i saw the "tube" thread i just figured that you had changed your name again and dropped the ...s

then you showed up and i was all confused... glad that it was settled civilly(sp)

May 16, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i was one of the people wanting to see virtual poop being virtually thrown.

you know the 'ol saying...you can take a guy out of jersey, but you can't take jersey out of the guy.

BTW - there's a new game on The TEXT Thread , or TTT, as it's known in the parlance of our times.

May 16, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i just met and shook hands with hitoshi abe!

nice guy, too.

i'm sure it's not big deal to you guys @ ucla, but he just walked into our office.

May 16, 07 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'm changin my name to pair corral.

May 16, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

a little later celebration of PaGe97

May 16, 07 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

For libertybell:

this wonderful-looking place has been getting a lot of press up here recently... it makes me think of you, for some reason!

May 16, 07 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

charmers cafe is right up the street from where i used to live myriam. it was a gay bar when i lived there. now its a coffee shop. unicorn in evanston is good also.

May 16, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think lb is in Scotland now, isn't she? How exciting!

May 16, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

she is and she is probably really missing midwestern pie right now!

May 16, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 

For WonderK: Brunch? This place is always packed when I walk past, but I've never braved the crowd to try it.

May 16, 07 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Mmmm. Brunch.

That looks good to me. The real question is, will we be motivated enough to get there early and get in line? The answer is "probably not, but we'll try...."

May 16, 07 9:36 pm  · 
 · 

who misses liberty bell already?

May 16, 07 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I miss midwestern pie...

Brunch! That's worth getting out of bed.

May 16, 07 9:40 pm  · 
 · 

Well if you can drag your ass out of bed, you should come with!

May 16, 07 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

i had brunch the other day
who came to mind but ms wonderk?

May 16, 07 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

oh no. i just googled strawbeary for an image (for fun) and there is quite a mix of pictures. several foo-foo crafty variations of 'strawbears'
intermixed with SEVERAL random pictures from archinect over the years, including one Brad Pitt posted by one Ms Liberty Bell with the caption, "an architect's husband has to look..." [img]http://idata.over-blog.com/0/03/52/29/brad-pitt-chest.jpg[img/]

May 16, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary
May 16, 07 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

THANK YOU STRAWBEARY!

That picture has probably been posted on this forum more times than any building, lol.

May 16, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Strawbeary that's a nice mini poem.

rational, you know I'll be there!

May 16, 07 10:50 pm  · 
 · 

oh my... can I get one of those? (not the funky bear)

May 16, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

tis a grand day...beat the computer! All things back to normal....except have to use my reading glasses! Love all you folks out there doing what I'm doing~~~~

May 16, 07 11:01 pm  · 
 · 

i had a strange thought last night... i was standing outside of the performing arts center waiting to go in to see Bright Eyes when a car drove by... written on the rear window of the car in white shoe polish (or whatever you use to write on cars) was "I HATE TC"... my immediate thought was "why would anyone hate thread central?"... i think that I may be spending too much time here...

also, I thought that I'd share a little bit of my misery from this morning as I'm typing up a bunch of legal descriptions for easements that we're vacating/relocating...

"A portion of land, located within the platted boundary of Lot 3, Block One, Jamestown Replat Unit One, as shown on the plat recorded in plat book 72, page 71 of the public records of Pinellas County, Florida, being further described as follows:

Commencing at the northwest corner of the aforementioned Jamestown Replat Unit One; thence along the west boundary line of said Jamestown Replat Unit One S 00d 02’ 43 W, 111.33 feet to the Point of Beginning; thence S 63d 49’ 57” E, 13.20 feet; thence east, 85.19 feet to a point of curvature to the left, said curve having a central angle of 38d 49’ 50”, a radius of 26.00 feet and being subtended by a chord bearing and distance of N 70d 35’ 05” E, 17.29 feet, thence along the arc of said curve 17.62 feet; thence N 51d 10’ 10” E, 26.09 feet to a point of curvature to the right, said curve having a central angle of 38d 42’ 33”, a radius of 20.00 feet and being subtended by a chord bearing and distance of N 70d 31’ 29” E, 13.26 feet, thence along the arc of said curve 13.51 feet; thence N 89d 51’ 09” E, 15.84 feet to the west boundary line of Lot 2 Block One; thence along said west boundary line S 00d 02’ 43” E, 24.00 feet; thence S 89d 51’ 09” W, 12.61 feet to the point of curvature to the left, said curve having a central angle of 38d 40’ 59”, a radius of 5.00 feet and being subtended by a chord bearing and distance of S 70d 30’ 40” W, 3.39 feet, thence along the arc of said curve 3.38 feet; thence S 51d 10’ 10” W, 22.94 feet to the point of curvature to the right, said curve having a central angle of 38d 49’ 50”, a radius of 50.00 feet and being subtended by a chord bearing and distance of S 70d 35’ 05” W, 33.24 feet, thence along the arc of said curve 33.89 feet; thence west 84.68 feet; thence S 62d 50’ 02”, 14.02 feet; thence N 00d 02’ 43” E, 36.39 feet to the Point of Beginning."

Bleh... all of that just to describe a driveway...

May 17, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

yuk

May 17, 07 10:48 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

gosh darn it, if i was gay, man o man he's hot...

May 17, 07 10:55 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

yeay! just got invited to interview number 2!

back to the strawbeary topic, my strawberry plants seem to be dead. the rootstock was planted a month ago and no signs of life yet from the poor lil' guys... I'm heading back to the garden center this afternoon and may pull them up to plant some herbs in their stead... no, not that herb!

May 17, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

If you bought them from an Orchard Supply Hardware, you can pull them up, bring them in, and get a refund for them. I'm dead serious. When I used to cashier there, they made us take back dead plants all the time, even ones that had *clearly* never been watered.

Congratulations on the interview!

I mayyyyy have a housing situation worked out. I found a PhD student looking for roomates that seems compatible. So fingers crossed, this move might be reasonably easy.

May 17, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

Stourley Kracklite i had that same thought...but moments ago.

May 17, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

hey all I'm back on my rock and back to work. Where's Liberty go...

but I see no one missed me on TC. I'll try to hold back the crocodile tears

May 17, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I'm confused. Where were/are you Techno? Did you relocate to recuperate?

May 17, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

And I missed you.

May 17, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

rejection is a drink served cold? I'm feeling just a little "veclemped"

May 17, 07 6:13 pm  · 
 · 

yea I was in Jamaica with my folks recuperating...but i left

May 17, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wait, I thought you lived in Jamaica? You were only gone for a couple of days!

May 17, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

feeling the love!! Man I forgot what working 10 hours a day felt like. Twice i swore i was about to crash because i didn't get my toddler (midday nap) and coffee wasn't helping neither.

May 17, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

I'm from Jamaica but work in montserrat (tiny islan BIG assed volcano on it)

May 17, 07 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh. I'm going to have to Google Earth that one.

If midday naps are called "toddlers", what are toddlers called?!

May 17, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 

Techno, I may have to visit you sometime! I stop in Montego Bay on the way to and from visiting my dad.

May 17, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

sorry guys, i just have to share this.

(there is quite a bit of negativity within that link, so don't click on it if you are not interested in that)

mr. Ayyüce, if you're reading this, i still don't comprehend exactly what your problem is or why you were tripping so much.

i thought it would be good to get outsider's perspectives on this.

did i say somethign wrong? am i really an asshole and a "psycho" as mr. Ayyüce put it?

May 17, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Cris, the link is broken. There doesn't appear to be anything there anymore......and for what it's worth, you seem like a nice guy to me!

May 17, 07 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

thanks dubk.

it appears that my news item was removed by big brother paul.

yeah, thanks a lot.

now no one will know what a piece of work mr. Orhan Ayyüce is.

May 17, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

The big green floating head once again brings peace to the land.

Let's not end page 97 on a negative note! How excited are you guys about page 100? I am. I think we should have a virtual party.

May 17, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

Damnit, now you've both gotten me very curious.

May 17, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 

rationalist - open invitation if you are ever in my neck of the woods

May 17, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
May 17, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 

this is even better!!

May 17, 07 8:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: