Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

liberty bell

"Thai" chicken pizza is so wrong. And it's totally personal, I just don't believe chicken and Italian tomato sauce belong together. Even chicken parmesan, etc. taste wierd to me.

Then when you throw "Thai" in front of it, it sounds too bizarre to contemplate. Even worse: barbecue chicken pizza, which the gourmet pizza joint near me serves. I can't bring myself to try it.

Chicken creole is the only tomato and chicken combination I enjoy.

Mar 14, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

myriam hon are you drinkin'?

;)

Mar 14, 07 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i had chicken creole from YATS tonite LB. thai chicken pizza has peanut sauce not tomato sauce silly...

Mar 14, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Agreeed. Chicken and tomato sauce on pizza doesn't sound good.

I'm more familiar with chicken and white sauce (white wine, garlic, etc.) on pizza. It's delicious.

Mar 14, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Peanut

sauce on pizza?!?!?!? WTF?

I maen, you can't really call it "pizza" at that point right?

Gawd is nothing sacred?!? Call it Thai chicken flatbread and I might try a bite.

Mar 14, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

here's the Recipe

Mar 14, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
some person

liberty bell: The Midwestern Conservative Consumer bug seems to have bitten you. You seem to have lost the East Coast Adventerousnessocity.

Mar 14, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i never ever saw my dad eat poultry or fish never ever.

Mar 14, 07 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well, when I was in Philly eating Vietnamese pork, haggis (from the Italian market, and soft-boiled quail eggs, I still couldn't bear the thought of chicken on pizza.

And that statement aside, by far the most adventurous food I ever ate was in the great Midwestern city of Chicago, at Moto. Freeze dried curry marshmallows and smoked seaweed, anyone?

Mar 14, 07 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

some of the most adventurous cooking in the midwest comes out of my humble kitchen. ecoli on toast anyone???

Mar 14, 07 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

myriam, I apologize. You have been emailed. Also this trip to the Windy City has only been planned in like the last two days.

Ha ha, haggis.

Mar 15, 07 12:15 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

uzshef ... I'm not an architect by training. I am actually an attorney, worked in the IP/Corporate Litigation section of a major law firm, as well as transactional/maritime stuff for an international shipping company. From 1999-2005, I worked in the entertainment industry in various capacities.

No secret money tree ... just loans and scholarships ... just like everybody else.

Mar 15, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 
myriam

:D actually, lb, no drinking, just a loooot of overtime lately.

i like to think i've been missed around these parts. don't all jump up to correct me now, either.

Mar 15, 07 1:37 am  · 
 · 
FRO

i like to think chicken and tomatoes go together because you can grow them both in your yard?.....

how bout pizza with roasted garlic, basil, mushrooms, and goat cheese? (includes wicked crust and good sauce and mozzarella)

Mar 15, 07 2:30 am  · 
 · 
FRO

oh and a big welcome back to myriam. overtime and drinking are like sleeping and coffee, pull it together!

Mar 15, 07 2:33 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i heard that americans will eat 100 acres of pizza per day during the ncaa basketball tourney. go HoOsIeRs!!!

Mar 15, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 

the question is with what topping?

Mar 15, 07 10:59 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

beware the ideas of march!

Mar 15, 07 11:21 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

mcsmoke- glad to have another refugee from hollywood around here...

Thai pizza can be grrrrrreat, just have to be made by a thai pizza chef in california- thanks to wolfgang puck for destroying the sacred temple of italian pizza hegomony - and pizza was invented in NYC...

My favorite pie is still lombardi's clam pie - no red sauce, lot's of garlic and lots o'clams- yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Mar 15, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 

vado- many on the grad schools threads have already been struck by the ides of march, as Princeton e-jects went out today!

Mar 15, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
AP

FRO and treekiller - both pizza descriptions are very italian, except maybe the goat cheese...

i agree w/lb that it should be thai chicken peanut flatbread or something...it can be like pizza, but it ain't pizza.

Mar 15, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

rationalist, can we keep TC free of negative grad school energy? I can only take so much.

I haven't eaten pizza since.....oh, Tuesday.

Is ham and pineapple on pizza acceptable to you all?

Mar 15, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK- absolutely. I was just struck by hearing the "beware the ides of march" from so many quarters at once.

Mar 15, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

if you haven't had a papa john's pizza with jalapeno and pineapple, you should.

Mar 15, 07 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
AP

pizza for dinner sunday(fresh) and monday(leftover), pizza again tonight because we're having our first of 6 LEED classes tonight at work. one of our engineering consultants is the instructor. we only have 2 LEED APs in this office of 50 (1 architect, 1 interior designer)...

Mar 15, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm still stuck on Pi Day yesterday. There was a guy on NPR (I'm a junkie remember) that could recite 12,887 places of Pi. He's the American record holder. They asked him to say a couple dozen places of it and he sounded like the Micro-Machine guy from the 80's.

Mar 15, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

AP, good luck with your LEED stuff. It improved a lot from version 2.1 to the current 2.2, from what I can tell. I am coercing a couple of my coworkers into taking the exam right now so I am interested to see how they do.

Mar 15, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
AP

dubK, i saw that Pi guy (i think the same one) on dateline or something a few weeks ago. pretty amazing. doesn't he have a form of autism or something that gives him all of the mental benefits without most of the social problems that accompany it? (please excuse my broad and quick description)...

Mar 15, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I always thought New Haven was the home to Pizza along with the Hamburger. Any Yale people want to help me out with that one?

Mar 15, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 

I've been reviewing the proposed LEED for Schools that's being balloted right now, and it seems pretty good, other than the fact that we will never, ever sell a client on it because none of our clients are willing to do commissioning, which is a prereq.

Mar 15, 07 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Yeah, New Haven does claim that it has invented pizza as well as the hamburger. I think that Frank Pepe's Apizza claims to have invented the pizza (there are two other really good, really famous pizza places in New Haven -- Sally's Apizza and Modern Apizza. I'm not sure whether they have any claim to inventing pizza).

Louis Lunch, a restaurant near Yale's campus, claims to have invented the hamburger. In fact, they may have actually sued another restaurant claiming this same feat. I read about this somewhere ... lemme look for it.

Mar 15, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
AP

thanks, Gerald (our instructor) is confident that with six 1.5hr classes and minimal studying, we should be fine...we'll see...

i'm interested in becoming accredidationisized for a number of reasons...among oothers, i see a lot of weakness in the LEED system, and i would prefer to be "knowledgably critical" rather than just opinionated.

one recent-ish LEED development that i appreciate is the regional credits, taking climate differences into consideration. that said, i still believe that the rating system is fundamentally flawed.

Mar 15, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

What I would like to see is alot of buildings from the earlier eras back rated, as I'm sure we'd see a few surprises in the lot.

Mar 15, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yale pizza blows.
we just had pizza and it was alright! plus we got a better dental plan. funny how the health plan lunches alway have the worst food for ya.
pizza is from napoli i thought? and was brought back by g.i.s after the war.

Mar 15, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm pretty sure that pizza was invented by that little caesar guy in something like 12 A.D.

Mar 15, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

beware the thai chicken pizzas of march!

Mar 15, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

a restaurant in louisville claims to have invented the cheeseburger.

Mar 15, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

I love that Little Caeser Guy. He's got tow pizzas on the spear! He must be really hungry!

Mar 15, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 

In honor of P38's return, and to tie the Ides of March/ New Haven/ Pizza connections into a neat little package, here's another favorite Cesar:

Mar 15, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

steven,

papa john's??? c'mon, i expect more from an enlightened archinector like yourself... i've banned all national pizza chains... nothing can beat a local, whole-in-the-wall pizzeria... of course during the exurban interim we may have to excuse your chainiality...

Mar 15, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 

but Papa John's is easily the best of the chain shops. I miss a local chain from back in Phoenix called Sardella's. They had the best thincrust ever: still soft, with a tiny bit of crisp to the outside. Mmmmmmm.

Free lunch from the office today, to celebrate our first national AIA award.

Mar 15, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Smokey and I hate to break it to the world, Frank is a Greek!
In fact most pizza joints in Connecticut are either owned by Greeks or Albanians.

Mar 15, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 

well, papa john's is local in a way, john schnatter having started the company here and living here. friends of mine who grew up here used to drive for papa john's when it was ONLY a local shop. these days he's a big louisville community booster/benefactor. of course, he's also a pompous jerk, but....

i have to say that when i moved here, i hated papa john's pizza. the sauce is sooooo sweet. (who puts sugar in pizza sauce?!) but that particular pizza i described - jalapeno, pineapple, papa john's traditional - was one to which i was introduced by a friend and i got hooked. it's like a drug. i swear.

it's like a guilty pleasure. otherwise, yeah, i stick to the local restaurants when i can.

Mar 15, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

look under the 'Post a response...' box for instruction in light grey.

Mar 15, 07 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

papa johns was founded in jeffersonville indiana. our firm is doing the interiors for the new papa john's stadium at u of l, who's cardinals are killing
the cardinal(jeesh) of stanford. phi slamma jamma

Mar 15, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Sorry, couldn't resist posting a Carpenter's lyric on the new P38 thread - I'm so sorry, it just happened.

Mar 15, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

to clarify: vado's statement doesn't contradict mine as jeffersonville indiana is about 800 yards from downtown louisville.

Mar 15, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

It's ok, I accidentally posted there, too. I read it out of curiosity, then found I had responded to a post about food (god I'm hungry right now) without thinking about it.

· 
vado retro

yeah but werent you singin the cracker version of that song l.b.? you were right. actually i love "superstar" and well thats about it for them. although i love her voice. i don't think she liked pizza.

· 
vado retro
KaReNoNtHeDaTiNgGaMe
Mar 15, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: