Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

abracadabra

at this point i have a one tract mind regarding the food.

Mar 15, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just had some leftover pizza from our pizza lunch.

Mar 15, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

sorrey. this is what i meant and it didn't take usa by the storm yet.

Mar 15, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

gyros pizza?

Mar 15, 07 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
DÖNER UNIVERSITY
Mar 15, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP
"Getting a qualification in kebab production should help me stay in the sector in the long term and that is what I want to do," student Dursun Atekin told the news agency Reuters. "We do some theory and some practical work and it is good because we can put into practice what we learn."

I prefer Falafel.

Mar 15, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

oh man now i want falafel.

Mar 15, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OK that's it - I'm not even going to open the new Yale blows thread again. Please let's all let it die.

I'm feeling stressed and angry now about how many stupid, immature, nasty, self-serving people there are in this world. Fucking parallel. I'm going to the gym.

Mar 15, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i never had a felafel that looked that good. do they make felafel pizza???

Mar 15, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, that one has eggplant in it too
...mmmmmmmmmm...falafal + eggplant = deliciosity

off to LEED training...

Mar 15, 07 5:25 pm  · 
 · 

so, chicken in pizza was my favorite when I was a kid. I got it from this place:
www.jenospizza.com

Now, whenever I go back to Colombia all the food is "gourmet" and a simple pizza is almost impossible to find.

I love falafel, its the only thing i ate while traveling through europe. The price is pretty awesome so you could say that the middle eastern community in europe financed part of my trip.

Mar 15, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

i once had a pizza in Venice that had an egg in the middle of it

Mar 15, 07 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

foreground; spinach & egg pide (turkish pizza, usually boat shaped)
background; ground meat and egg

Mar 15, 07 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I'm sorry Steven but I inwardly groaned when I read your PapaJohn's recommendation. It's easily--and I mean easily--the worst pizza I have ever, ever had. And I had it many many many times in college, and during each time I was able to unequivocally state that it was absolutely the worst pizza ever. They must use the same miracle ingredient that Dunkin' Donuts does--I call it "InstaStale"--makes whatever you put it in taste stale instantly, even if it comes straight from the oven into your mouth. Hate. It.

today's rant brought to you by Tombstone

Mar 15, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 

ah well...

Mar 15, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

oh wait, I don't mean the jalapeno pizza! never had that. just the regular papajohn's stuff.

and don't worry, i don't hold it against you. ;)

Mar 15, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

half time hoosiers by five. i have never had a bad pizza. that includes bad pizza.

Mar 15, 07 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hey guys! Woo hoo! Fun weekend!

Damn, I am so excited.

PS. Most of you have been commented, where available.

Mar 15, 07 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
some person

From The Fugitive:

Marshal Biggs: If they can dye the river green today, why can't they dye it blue the other 364 days of the year?

Have fun, WonderK!

Mar 15, 07 11:25 pm  · 
 · 

lol DCA

I wish I were at home no.2 nothing like an island St Paddys

Mar 16, 07 12:15 am  · 
 · 

and I haven't had a gyro in over 10 years and damn i miss it!!

Mar 16, 07 12:16 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

ughhh this is the worst thread to read at 4:30 in the morning! Why I am I still awake and craving pizza? Ahh!!
If a local place has a "Grandma's Pie," that is usually the best. And for some reason, breaded chicken on regular pizza is ubiquitous here in NYC. Like a chicken parm pizza.

Mar 16, 07 4:30 am  · 
 · 

the first thing i thought of when i saw a green river was NOT st patricks day but olafur eliasson.

what does it mean when a celebration based on drunken revelry and uber-cerebral art arrive at the same results?

Mar 16, 07 7:54 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

pizza for breakfast? why not...

Mar 16, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Angus is wearing a kilt with green in it today. I know, I know, Scottish not Irish, but he loves wearing it and today is a "non-uniform" day at school because the kids are allowed to wear green, so we went all out.

Maybe Brian will serenade the neighborhood with his bagpipes tonight.

Did I already post that a contractor is taking me to lunch today and I fully intend to drink a Corona? My post-lunch posting may be odd.

Mar 16, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 

looking forward to corona-fueled madness from lb this afternoon!

Mar 16, 07 11:16 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I think it's started already.

Mar 16, 07 11:21 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Awaiting our worst Winter/Spring Storm of the year.

Check List:

Wood for fireplace

flashlight charged

dog food

human food

beer

wine

bottled water

snow shovel

let it rip!

Mar 16, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 

LB, you're certainly helping young angus to develop some mighty kahunas by sending him to school in a kilt... any kid that can pull off a kilt is OK in my book...

Mar 16, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive...and i love the work of Ólafur Elíasson

Mar 16, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

angus is very cool. pic?

Mar 16, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yes, please post a pic of Angus in his wee kilt!

Mar 16, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

we just got a new keg in the office kitchen this morning - yes we have a kegorator!

The new Keg has arrived and in honor of St. Patrick's Day and [for our] sustainability efforts the beer of choice is Finnegan's. Finnegan's is an Irish Amber beer brewed by Summit Brewing and sold locally. All profits made through Finnegan's go back to the local community. If you would like to know more about this fabulous beer or find out where you can purchase it (both at pubs and your local liquor store), please visit their website at http://www.finnegans.org/ Enjoy the beer.

Just made the deadline for issuing the 100% CDs today, after several late nights and a many weekend hours expended in the effort - so I think it's appropriate to break the office's 4pm rule for pulling a pint and pretend I'm Irish early today!!!!

Éireann go Brách!!!

Mar 16, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

it was too strange. i took a shower and put a green shirt not knowing it was st patrick's day the only real irish green shirt i have. and five minutes later i decided to wear acertain shirt over it and i had to take the green tee off because of coordination problems... wow.
do you guys think i should move to ireland? i love the irish poetry.

Mar 16, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

i wore green totally on accident too...

OK, i'm moving to the mini-apple to work with TK...

Mar 16, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

Matter of Seeing

I came into the world

I saw it
I cannot forget

it

From nowhere to somewhere
I saw it

Was it there
before I saw it

I saw it

When I saw it
it was there

I cannot forget
that I saw it
did see it
saw it
it was seen

but I saw it it
I saw it

I

-Michael Smith

Mar 16, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

i want a guiness, sadly i have midterm on tuesday and cannot celebrate St Patty's as it deserves to be celebrated. Drink a green one (or black one) for me!

Mar 16, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Way it is looking going to have to strap on the cross country skies in order to get to the local pub if I'm going to be celebrating my heritage with Green Beer!

Mar 16, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
AP

green stripe on my shirt (inadvertantly).

office st.patty's celebration starts at 4pm. beer and snacks.

Mar 16, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

the doctor says no booze, but f**k him its sint paddys the patron saint of drunken behaviour and as a good herf irish catholic its my honorable duty to have a pint of guiness befoo noon, chased with a shot of bushmills to at least take the edge off

Mar 16, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Angus' response to everyone who asks why he was wearing a skirt was a calm "It's not a skirt, it's a kilt.". He has no concern, at least so far (he's 3.5), he just loves wearing it.

Pictures later.

architechno, as long as you're not on a contraindicated medication, a single Guinness can only HELP you recover. That's my personal opinion as a an architect, not as a doctor who makes three times what I do.

Mar 16, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

we have beer in the office today. none irish all in green bottles. heinies, rolling rock and beck's. i've gone kraut.

Mar 16, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I just came inside from shoveling snow and tossing balls for the dogs.
They just love to run in deep snow and cause snow to fly everywhere. I love to shovel snow...NOT! Treating myself to a cold one and awaiting my corned Beef prepared by my Brazilian Wife.....cause we can't go anywhere at the moment. To Damn much snow coming down.

Mar 16, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

not dead.

Mar 16, 07 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

wow. what a brilliant answer. that angus is a shining star.

BObby who?

Mar 16, 07 6:12 pm  · 
 · 

liberty - I think I'll listen to you, not because you're an architect or a doctor but simply because you are a mother unphased that they thought your son was wearing a skirt

go Angus...the official mascot of the archinect st Patricks day

Mar 16, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
AP

corona with green food coloring. or killians. i had a killians and a conference call.

Mar 16, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

abra, I changed my name.

Mar 16, 07 6:20 pm  · 
 · 

strawbeary?

Mar 16, 07 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

crap.....another season of not being able to watch the Arizona Wildcats on TV because of East Coast Demographics.....damn CBS....I tried their internet access....and it is PISS,,,,PISS BAD!

Mar 16, 07 8:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: