Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

abracadabra

thanks.
youtube and i. now that i have that web cam i've found in the store room, watch out sydney pollack...

Jul 30, 06 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

ha ha ha abra! are you SURE that isn't herbie hancock on them keys?!

Jul 30, 06 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

phantom of the orhan.

Jul 30, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 

i popped in occasionally today, between packing boxes, feeding the baby, keeping the baby from impaling herself on sharp objects or falling off of boxes or eating tape, taking pictures off of the wall, and nursing a sick wife.

talking with you people (meaning all of archinect, not just tc) kept me sane and made me feel that i was having some steven time. thanks.

Jul 30, 06 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

adeline looks beautiful girl. nice street to grow up w/ no cars. house looks like it has great bones. congratulations steven. i just realized i didn't say that yesterday.

Jul 30, 06 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

thanks abra. i'm pretty excited.

i HAVE to be: we'll be homeless for the week between closing on the house and moving in, so i'm packing our stuff to go in a POD, i'll be camping out at the homes of others and doing demo in the basement after work at night, while the girls go out of town to avoid the debris/dust. a lot has to be done to this place even before we can move in.

good night all!

Jul 30, 06 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i grew up in debris and dust and look how good i came out!

Jul 30, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

so i was just watchn a cheap trick video on youtube and the drummer bun e. carlos looks just like a guy in our marketing department or vicey versa...

Jul 31, 06 12:31 am  · 
 · 

I'm back.

Jul 31, 06 1:02 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Yeah, but Bun E. Carlos rocked harder than your typical marketing department guy. And Rick Nielsen played a 5-necked guitar. And Tom Petersson played a 12-string bass.

Cheap Trick is crisp!!!!

Jul 31, 06 2:03 am  · 
 · 
i will be the flaaaamme
Jul 31, 06 8:03 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Argh, that Flame song sucked. She's Tight is an under-recognized pop gem, and of course Surrender is one of the best rock songs ever. IMO, of course.

I feel like a dope: I was at the grocery store for an exciting Saturday night date (aka chatting on my cell phone with my long-distance girlfriend, while shopping sans toddler!) and accidentally bought Horizon "organic" string cheese. I hate the fact that I gave Horizon some of my hard earned money when I hate them and all they stand for. Oh well, at least I bought tomotoes, cukes, and basil fresh from the local neighborhood farm this week!

Back to work.

Jul 31, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I remember I sang Surrender at some Karaoke place in Culver City, and as I was reading the lyrics, I noticed that the first verse of that song not only has a reference to veneral disease, but a not-so-veiled heroin reference:

Mother told me, yes, she told me I'd meet girls like you.
She also told me, "Stay away, you'll never know what you'll catch."
Just the other day I heard a soldier falling off some Indonesian junk that's going round.

Jul 31, 06 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

venereal, not veneral disease

Jul 31, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Your Marketing Leader

[email protected]

Jul 31, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

all cheap tricks tunes are about v.d.
the flame-clamydia, for example.

Jul 31, 06 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

what's up? nobody's posted any comments on oana's school blog

...that's rare

Jul 31, 06 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

That's not as bad as The Darkness's lyrics for the song "Growing On Me" which is about a well known VD. Here's a sample of the lyrics, the full thing can be found here:

I'm being punished for all my offences
I wanna touch you but I'm afraid of the consequences
I wanna banish you from whence you came
But you're part of me now
And I've only got myself to blame

You're really growing on me
(Or am I growing on you?)
You're really growing on me
(Or am I growing on you?)
Any fool can see

Sleeping in an empty bed
Can't get you off my head
I won't have a life until you're dead
Yes, you heard what I said

Jul 31, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Similarly, Smoking Popes do a cute punk song about a sweet gal named Rubella:

I'm in love with a girl
She's infected my whole world
She doesn't know it but she's inside me
Rubella, Rubella

I'm inflamed with desire
and it's burning like wildfire
She's explodes like a fist
and she burns from the first kiss
I haven't told her but she's all mine now
I knew somehow I'd catch her
Rubella, Rubella

And the heart that she has stolen
has now swollen to twice its natural size
I've lost six pounds since
I laid eyes on her
Rubella, Rubella

Jul 31, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that's just nasty.

Jul 31, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Can anyone tell me WTF is going on in ARE workshop's latest thread? I cannot understand what that man is trying to get at, and then he started insulting JAvier and archinect, and then when I asked him to clarify he started insulting me- saying I was "born to shop, forced to work" which has to be about the most random insult ever hurled at me.... anyways, I'm confused, and need some help in the above linked thread.

Jul 31, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Hey, I was the idiot that responded to it and didn't let it die. I'm right there with you.

AP, sorry if I grossed you out. And LB, you're naughty.

Jul 31, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
AP

no, SBD, it was liberty bell. yours was gross, but more subtly so. lb's was just straight up nasty. s'all good though, they both gave me a laugh...

6pm!@#RE@#! I'm goin' home.

Jul 31, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

So I've been told, SBD....

rationalist, that is a classic insult for the Random Insults thread to which I am too lazy to link right now - I need a drink first.

Jul 31, 06 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Randomized insults suck. It's the personalized ones that make you feel like someone's paying attention.

Ahhh the good things in life...

Jul 31, 06 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

SBD?! Ha ha I never noticed that! Ok. I am immature. But that is good.

Jul 31, 06 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

ahhhh... I never participated in the random insults thread, so didn't pick up the reference. I remember seeing it on the front page for quite a while though.

Jul 31, 06 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Wow that ARE guy is terrible. Reminds me of why I try not to get too involved with those guys. I used to get sucked in. I have to keep telling myself "Just like Per. Just like Per."

Jul 31, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 

haha, yeah for about a minute there I thought I might just be being a real bitch. But then I re-read his posts a couple times and I STILL couldn't follow. He seems to be doing better now, though.

Jul 31, 06 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Archinect could make some money on its immersive English program.

Jul 31, 06 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

ha! way to be on the same wavelength garpike. Didn't even notice the Per comment.

Jul 31, 06 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

this ARE is definitely not per corel. per may have been annoying with his persistance...but there was something innocuously amusing about his naivete (and just the slightest chance that he may have been—or still is—onto something as big as he claims). combine that with his serendipity of his translations and it made for a classic archinect moment.

ARE workshop is clearly just stepping on some toes

Jul 31, 06 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

If you want to confuse the hell out of him and throw him off his game, all you need to say is......

(say it with me, friends)

"Look, do you want to piss in my mouth?"

Furthermore, his newest thread needs to be put out of its misery:
not again....

Jul 31, 06 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Someone else has mentioned this before, but the names ARE invokes as examples of "IVY-centrism" are great: Hairy Larry, Sussie Backyard, Little Caesar, John and Janna Doe, and Little Jack Horner.

It's funny, because "Jack Horner" was the name of Burt Reynold's character in Boogie Nights.

Jul 31, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

I know he's not per. But the bad english and irritable threads are certainly a reminder of such.

And SpecialK, I did make the "your mom went to ivy college" comment which confused the hell out of him. I thought it was hilarious, it's a CLASSIC!

Smokety, do you remember Evening Shade?

Aug 1, 06 12:28 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Oh yeah ... wasn't Marilu Henner also in Evening Shade?

Aug 1, 06 1:10 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

are has the biggest chip on his shoulder i've ever seen. rejection turned to malice perhaps?

Aug 1, 06 4:21 am  · 
 · 

lb, the "Look, do you want to piss in my mouth?" comment made me laugh so hard that i literally sprayed my computer screen with little spit globules...

good start to the morning... :)

Aug 1, 06 8:39 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

ACfA, it sure did. It also had Charles Durning as the doctor (people may remember him more recently as Peter's Catholic father on Family Guy, or the fat eager to please Mayor in Oh Brother Where Art Thou)

Aug 1, 06 8:51 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

her, she sure did....well..Marilu Henner is KIND OF an it.

And sorry, that comment was in response to Smokety, not ACfA...where's my coffee?

Aug 1, 06 8:52 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The heat is making us all loopy...

architphil, the "piss in my mouth" comment was WonderK, though I had commented on it before, I think here on TC, as one of the funniest comebacks I've ever heard.

Still, launching spit globules of humor against your computer screen is a wonderful way to start your day. I did so on the cell-shaped building thread after reading thenewold's comment - hilarious!

Aug 1, 06 9:18 am  · 
 · 
AP

big plug for Channel Archinect, brought to you by Marlin Watson, previously of Sci-Arc schoolblog.

Aug 1, 06 9:23 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh my goodness, page 33 just snuck up and got us!

Aug 1, 06 9:42 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I got an AC installed in my room last night!!!!!! Now I can sleep again!!!! WOOOO!!!!! That makes up for a LOT!

Aug 1, 06 10:15 am  · 
 · 
AP

random results from a Google search for "33"

the year 33

the number 33

Title 33

Bush's approval rating drops to 33%

Aug 1, 06 10:23 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

HEY!
what do you guys think about a discussion on the big box ordinance passed in chicago recently?

i think its socio-economic impact is going to be massive and might be one of the most influential (perhaps inadvertant) city planning decisions made in a long time

does it warrant a new thread?

Aug 1, 06 10:30 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Go for it, lletdownl! I think there are many here who would be interested in discussing it. I for one have The Box Tank as one of my favorites, though I haven't checked in there recently.

(PS did you get my driving cd? If not I'll send a new one.)

Aug 1, 06 10:32 am  · 
 · 

what is the new ordinance?

they just passed a nation-wide law here in japan that more or less bans big shopping centres in the suburbs...which is t me an amazing thing for a national govt to decide to do...but there you go.

Aug 1, 06 10:38 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

liberty bell, i DID get your CD, im sorry i forgot to thank you for it!

i dug it though, i listened to it at work and was entertained all day, only wish i had a car...

i guess i could listen on the bus... sit in the back... pretend im driving....

thanks again

Aug 1, 06 10:41 am  · 
 · 

Nooooo- how does the BEst/Worst Schools thread have ten comments and remain on the front page?! Don't feed the troll!

Aug 1, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: