Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke
Buddy Rich vs. Animal
Jul 18, 06 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf does andre think that he is petey eisenmen in that getup? rationalist i hear usc is pretty good school. is it close to myrtle beach?

Jul 18, 06 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I like Pittsburgh. The geography of it is gorgeous, what a perfect place for a city, at the confluence of 3 rivers. I've really not spent that much time there but I went past the neighborhoods that surround Pitt, Carnegie Mellon, and another one beyond that and they were all really lively and interesting. Pitt's campus especially was very dense, and beautiful in my opinion. I had no idea. Anyway, I wouldn't mind spending more time there.

Baltimore had some great areas as well. It's a huge city, apparently it only recently dropped out of the top 10 population-wise. It needs a lot of help with its crime rates though.

If nothing else this trip made me realize - finally - how small Cincinnati is, or is becoming....the brain drain/great talent exodus here is real, and alarming. I am likely to become part of that in the near future.

Jul 18, 06 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Jeepers, DubK, if Cincy suffers from brain drain then by comparison Indy is already brain dead, I guess.

Also, dangit, I should have mentioned that Cafe Hon in Baltimore is awesome. Don't suppoe you made it there?

Goodnight all - I was super-efficient at work today and thus am going to bed juuuust before midnight for once yay!

Jul 18, 06 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hmmmm i doubt that any city i left thought they had experienced a brain drain...

Jul 18, 06 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Speaking of brain drain.....

I had to resurrect this thread.

Jul 19, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 

ACK! Homework crisis! Printer DIED. If I had known that would happen, I wouldn't have purchased those prismacolor markers earlier today.... Anyone had any experience with one of these babies?

Jul 19, 06 1:38 am  · 
 · 

nope. but last time my epson printer went kee-wackity i called up their help centre and turns out there was a problem with the model. they came to my door, picked up the machine, fixed it in about a week, and sent it back. like new, and 3 sets of ink cartridges.

i love epson.

Jul 19, 06 4:23 am  · 
 · 

no one commented on smoke's buddy rich/animal video. it was the most brilliant thing i've seen all week.

Jul 19, 06 7:45 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Oh, that reminds me lb, I flew into and out of Indianapolis for the first time this weekend! Went right over the... thing where all the cars go round and round. And another smaller one of those. Then in the airport I saw dudes reading whole magazines just about cars going round and round. The town looked so small and flat and green from the air, and I liked how it was basically town and then... country country country for miles all around! Nice to get away from the unbroken chain of suburbs that has swallowed the entire eastern seaboard. Your airport has a total lack of clear signage, however. I found my connecting flight by walking up and down the halls looking at the screens on every gate. Luckily there are only like 10 gates. People seemed very nice though.

Jul 19, 06 9:24 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

its too early for drum solos man...

Jul 19, 06 9:26 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

ha ha ha...yeah, it's time for brunch.

Jul 19, 06 10:36 am  · 
 · 

brilliant indeed steven... animal rocks... by far the coolest muppet...

except for maybe SUPER GROVER, who always tried to protect me from the monster at the end of my book...

Jul 19, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 

Damn jump. I'm going to try that. Damned thing just refuses to load any paper.

Jul 19, 06 11:07 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

rationalist, i don't hate usc. and i reference football because you've mentioned several times yourself. the consistency & sincerity of tone with which you always respond is just another one of the small amusements that i find floating amongst my archinect neighborhood. it's nothing more than that, nothing less. cheers.

Jul 19, 06 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
kick out the jams mofo's
Jul 19, 06 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Speaking of music, this was my absolute favorite T-shirt at GSA. I need it to go with my architcture sucks shirt!

Jul 19, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
AP

heheheh. nice shirt

just like a ramblin rose, if you [blow] it, it grows...

Jul 19, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
rock em back sonic
Jul 19, 06 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

damn vado, thanks for the motor city five links. i can't believe that i never thought to look them up on youtube myself.

you do know that i am the biggest mc5 fanatic this side of justin timberlake don't you? yeah, some "black to come, mother fucker!"

ok, it's past my bedtime.

Jul 19, 06 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
here's lookin at you puddles
Jul 20, 06 12:08 am  · 
 · 

that intro to ramblin' rose is classic.

a message to those listening to the show on their fm radios in their cars: 'don't freak out, this is actually a tv show'.

Jul 20, 06 7:34 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i wonder if there's a clip somewhere of clouds "thats a rock group" and the foremost dylanologist? god finding these live performances is freakin fantastic.

Jul 20, 06 8:29 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I admit it, I will take any, any, any opportunity to post a picture of Brad Pitt shirtless.

Jul 20, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LB - always welcome! Though I have yet to figure out if brad is the whipping boy or the boy toy of architecture. hmmm.....

Jul 20, 06 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Can't he be both?!?

Jul 20, 06 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

is this living?

Jul 21, 06 10:56 am  · 
 · 

I just had to get it out of the way...

Jul 21, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

not a thread but hey...

nigerian scandal? i'm glad i didn't send the guy that emailed me all my bank account info. *whew*

Jul 22, 06 3:49 am  · 
 · 

this isn't related to anything else but i just scored 4 tix to a sold-out tom waits show here in louisville! ahahahahahahahaha!

Jul 22, 06 9:26 am  · 
 · 

better yet: orchestra, rows j & k.

Jul 22, 06 9:27 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yay, Steven! Now hurdle #2: do you have a babysitter?!?

Jul 22, 06 10:07 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

he's got four tix lb. so the kid can come along! kudos for being a great dad steven!!!

Jul 22, 06 10:42 am  · 
 · 

actually jenny's staying in with adeline. 3 tix are for college friends coming in town to help us with our move. and to tear up carpet and tack strips. i think it's a good deal.

Jul 22, 06 11:40 am  · 
 · 

clap hands....

Jul 22, 06 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

....say yeah!

Jul 22, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Tom Waits is a great show- enjoy!!!

His current tour - 8 dates only - boo hoo :-(

Aug. 1: Atlanta (Tabernacle)
Aug. 2: Asheville, N.C. (Thomas Wolfe Auditorium)
Aug. 4: Memphis (Orpheum Theatre)
Aug. 5: Nashville (Ryman Auditorium)
Aug. 7: Louisville (Palace Theatre)
Aug. 9: Chicago (Auditorium Theatre)
Aug. 11: Detroit (Opera House)
Aug. 13: Akron, Ohio (Civic Theatr

Jul 23, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

Anyone want a '97 Ford Thunderbird? Seriously.

People are jerks- the only response was to say that someone thought it was overpriced. He said, 'look at Kelly Blue book'. Yes, I DID look at Kelly Blue Book, thanks. Then I saw that it didn't take into account the alarm system or the brand new tires, or the fact that you're going to call it overpriced no matter WHAT price I ask, so I'd rather be talked INto a fair price than OUT of a fair price and into a low one!

Jul 24, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah...and i'd rather be talked out of my pants than into pants...

...but we don't always get what we want.

Jul 24, 06 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

awesome spoiler! no usc sticker on the rear window?

Jul 24, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Nah, the license plate frame's enough. Unless I could find the sillouette of Tommy Trojan's head in a window sticker. I'd rock that. I took off all my parking stickers, too. Except Otis, which I still actually use. And yeah, I like a little wing on my cars. But just a little one.

Jul 24, 06 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
e

lb, cafe hon is great. i used to work around the corner from there and still have a cafe hon coffee mug. although you can barely read what it says anymore.

nice one steven. i've seen tom waits twice now. once in oakland and in seattle two years ago. the man is a true showman. enjoy.

Jul 24, 06 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Wow, I just came across some other architecture forum today and it was RETARDED. Nothing but really mean spirited people who liked to talk about all the things they didn't know. Yikes. What a horrifying brush with the black side of the profession. Or of all of humanity.

Jul 24, 06 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Was it ARE forum???
oh, they're just dumb - repeating the same stupid request for free study materials and inane complaints about how hard the tests are- tests are ment to be difficult and the ARE is known to be tough so stop you're whining!!!!

Jul 24, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

nope. I stay away from things like that. This one I had never heard of before.

Jul 24, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

slow day on archinect... everyone working away? or is everyone on vacation?

Jul 24, 06 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

woooo architecture!

Jul 24, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ACfA, this moment (check post time) is the first I've been able to get on archinect since yesterday noon, and yesterday morning I couldn't get on either. So it's slow because it's been, umm, not available? You're not having this trouble?

Jul 25, 06 8:47 am  · 
 · 
FRO

hello 'nektors!

it's been so long I feel like a stranger, what'd I miss? last I recall it was round 1 of the CD swap and then I was sucked into some kind of vortex....

Jul 25, 06 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

for your troubles Pitt vs. Palleroni ok not really.

Jul 25, 06 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: