Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

French

AP, I'm 33 since mid july. Does it helps your research?

Aug 3, 06 11:55 am  · 
 · 
AP
PJ

???what's wrong with my code??? it lookds right to me?!

Aug 3, 06 11:55 am  · 
 · 
AP

French, it would be better if your birthday was March 3. or maybe something with 3's 6's and 9's...like June 9 (my b-day). or something....

Aug 3, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

I guess only lb, vado, and Steven would recognize that as me...if they could (i'm making a pretty weird face, someone had just told me that a person spit in my drink a second ago).

Is the picture of Keller Easterling on the Archinect's home page freaking anyone else out?

Aug 3, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I recognized you, of course, SBD, and thus got the joke, as well.

I absolutely love when threads go awry like that best/Worst schools------>space architecture thread. I just giggle and giggle.

I finally picked up a pair of prescription sunglasses to go with my convertible car and guess what? It's pouring rain here right now. Oh the irony.

Aug 3, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I recognized you but didn't want to seem like a stalker. I went through the archinect pictures thread a few months back to get a handle on everyone.

Aug 3, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

myriam,

i enjoy the radio show & the touring troupes too, but you didn't really expect the movie to simply recreate them did you? i didn't feel that it was either "poorly" done or "unwatchable". in fact, i felt that it was a delightfully dark & free flowing meditation on the exigencies of living...and all played out during the arc of a "live" show. very cute.

and speaking of movies, i watched black hawk down last night and it scared the shit out of me. i woke twice in the middle of night thinking about it...relentless waves of poor people with guns, jeepers creepers!!!

Aug 3, 06 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
AP

yes, SBD, I also recognized your image from the What do archinects look like thread...I think I also remember that SuperHeavy looks kinda like my good buddy +q.

Aug 3, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah, there's some real weirdos in this business, man.

Aug 3, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Anyone see "Who Killed the Electric Car"?

Aug 3, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

No, but I want to see The Science of Sleep.

Aug 3, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

The guy who made "Who Killed the Electric Car?" was on the Daily Show last night. He told the story of how the electric cars were in fact taken back by GM with no real explanation, and later destroyed at their facility in Arizona. Not recalled, nobody came to his door or sent him a letter or anything.....he literally took his car in because the "Check Engine" light came on, and he called about it later, and they said, "oh yeah, we're keeping it". Can you imagine?!?

Apparently the only official response that GM has ever given when questioned about why they took them back was "nobody wanted them". Oh really?

How much do you think Exxon Mobil gave GM to eradicate those cars? Couple billion?

Aug 3, 06 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yeah, you should see the movie. GM taking the cars back is a huge part of it. They would anly lease them to people. No one ever actually owned them. Around when they cut funding on the EV, is when they bought Hummer from AM General.

The movie got me pretty fired up. But it is good to know that electric cars are more than realistic. And the hydrogen fuel cell is a waste of time to distract the public.

Aug 3, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Sounds more interesting than I thought it would be. I, too, can't wait for the science of sleep. Woohoo!

Aug 3, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

the movie I'm most excited for? American Hardcore

Aug 3, 06 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

ooo, they picked the true years of punk rock too.

Why is the discussion page saying the site's underconstrcution?

Aug 3, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
AP

cuz the man's gotta maintain.

I was unaware of this Electric Car movie...
thanks for the heads-up garpike...

Aug 3, 06 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
e

pixel, thanks for the tip. looking forward to catching that movie.

Aug 3, 06 7:52 pm  · 
 · 

wait a second- you guys have been on here all day?! I haven't been able to get on for HOURS! I keep getting the 'Down for Maintanence' notice... WTF?

Aug 3, 06 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
e

tis true rationalist. the forum page was down, but you could access a specific topic is you wanted. you'd have to do that through you browser's history.

Aug 3, 06 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
e

that is "if you wanted"

Aug 3, 06 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

My internet access at work is blocking the American Hardcore website. Sites and ads are rarely blocked. Damn.

I better leave work early to see the site from home. Yeah, I'll do that.

Aug 3, 06 8:23 pm  · 
 · 

and then I made a topic on it to ask the powers that be what's going on, and now it's gone... Again, WTF?

Aug 3, 06 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

aren't they preparing v.3 or something?

Aug 3, 06 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

I'm lonely...

Aug 3, 06 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

'kay so what did i miss?

i'm sitting down for just about the first time in the last 12 hrs. spent the whole day doing an above ceiling punch in the halls of a school that has to open this week. walking on hard floors craning my neck for a whole day looking at piping, lighting, wiring, sprinklers....

...and i came home and i have no beer. dammit.

Aug 3, 06 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
AP
tune in

...marlin's last video post is most definitely worth a look....

Aug 3, 06 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

yah! ppl are back online...I'm slightly less lonely.

Aug 3, 06 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

btw, im watching old episodes of the OC while I drink a Heineken Light...

Aug 3, 06 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
forbeatledud
Aug 3, 06 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

hi gang,

just saw "of Montreal" in concert. One of the best performances I've ever seen, hands down. And one of the only bands whose live music actually sounds better than the album. The lead singer is such a diva, I want to take him and his cute shaky little hips and package him up and sell him. Props to SBD (also now known as "Silent But Deadly" thanks to cf) for introducing them to me in the first place.

I have to go shower now. Stupid nicotine.

Aug 4, 06 1:02 am  · 
 · 

Damnit, even YouTube had a maintanence sign up!

Aug 4, 06 1:09 am  · 
 · 
cracker

it's a sign of the apocalypse

Aug 4, 06 3:25 am  · 
 · 

orhan's post of that guy climbing tour montparnasse on the channel archinect thread was nuts! he made it look easy. in fact, i might try it.

Aug 4, 06 7:40 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Oh, I forgot about of Montreal! I'd been meaning to get an album. Thanks for the reminder, WonderK--you hit me right when I need to buy music.

Aug 4, 06 9:10 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive.

but the summer heat is getting to me, i've been ornery all week...you might want to keep your distance from me...or maybe i shoud keep my distance

Aug 4, 06 11:37 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

oh my gosh, myriam, their new album is going to rock, too! I think they said it comes out in January.

Couple of observations:
This is why I am glad puddles is alive every week....

and

What's
this all about anyway? Sometimes the weird posts escape me but I loved vado's response.....

Aug 4, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 
AP

hey everybody...it's Friday! (does that have the same meaning when you're in lb or Steven or e or abra's shoes?)

plans for the evening - goin' to see A Scanner Darkly, adapted from the novel by Philip K. Dick

Aug 4, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
AP

^shoes as in running your own show,

not via spiga boots or K.Cole sneakers...

Aug 4, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

plans for the evening: flight to chicago to visit der mann.

WONDERK, I NEED YOU!

I looked on iTunes and there are about 8 BILLION of montreal albums. I want to download one in the next hour. If you're around, can you tell me which ones are good????

Aug 4, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I may not be WonderK, but please allow me to suggest "The Sundlandic Twins."

Aug 4, 06 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Oh that's the one with "I was a landscape in your dream" which is the only song I have of theirs and which I love dearly, dearly... thanks for the tip, chilli!

Aug 4, 06 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

It's one of their more recent and most popular albums. I'm not a big fan of them, so I can't comment on what their best album is.

Aug 4, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

i don't run my own show anymore, ap. i'm an employee now.

Aug 4, 06 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

3303 (posts) looks cool. hope i'm paying attention when tc hits 3333.

Aug 4, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
AP

so Friday it is!?!

Aug 4, 06 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
e

AP, it's friday? really? the only time i know it's friday or that a holiday is coming up is when my wife let's me know and she didn't tell me that this morning. i'll be working until about 7ish tonight. invoicing, paying bills, and few odds and ends will happen tomorrow am. then i'm off to rei to buy a few last minute thinging for my upcoming camping trip with my best friend and our dogs. sunday we are heading out the the wenatchee national forest for four days. the camp site only has 20 sites for tents along icicle creek at an elevation of 2900. can't wait to get out of dodge for a few days.

Aug 4, 06 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks Chili! Yes, myriam, that's what I would have suggested.

Wow we just blew straight past page 33, didn't we? Maybe we did it in 33 hours....quick somebody check.....

Aug 4, 06 2:41 pm  · 
 · 

my pod arrived this am. moving weekend.

Aug 4, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Of Montreal's The Sunlandic Twins is my favorite, and is what they play mostly on their tour. I would pay close attention to the following three songs on that album:
-Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games
-So Begins Our Alabee
-The Repudiated Immortals

Their new album (Santanic Twins) is available for preorder and will ship Aug 11, even though it doesn't come out till Aug 22.

Aug 4, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: