Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

peridotbritches

Snookrey - I hear you about the ice. Walking into to work today I actually found an invisible patch of ice that sent me right into a freezing puddly of dirty snow water. That was fun times.

I've doing the red-line conga line all day and I am over - there is all this alluring tile/finish/material selection business going on in the conference room and I want to touch the pretties...

Jan 7, 09 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

snook, don't those Alzheiner's patients need things to STAY THE SAME not move all around?!? Stop!

Angus had ear tube surgery again this morning and has been home all day recovering absolutely fine. I'm midway through making him a Stupendous Man costume. Needless to say I've not gotten much real work done today and thus snook your post is stressing me out!!

Jan 7, 09 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
It was inevitable and resistance shall be met with song, merriment and intoxicants.

peridot that's 'zactly how I feel about it!

Jan 7, 09 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Whats your poison Lib - I am not encumbered by usual spacetime laws.

Jan 7, 09 4:41 pm  · 
 · 

I love TC!!!

The last few posts just made me want to say that.

You guys and gals are the best.

Jan 7, 09 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The blush earlier this week gave me a headache, so I'm planning to stick to bourbon tonight. You?

Jan 7, 09 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

*serves* This is pub weather - stouts and some cooked cabbage please.

Jan 7, 09 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

When is it ever not pub weather?

Jan 7, 09 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

...asks the man who truly lives up to his name :-)

Jan 7, 09 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

True, Gin.

Anyone else interested in joining Antihistimenes on Venus?

Jan 7, 09 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
yeah baby
Jan 7, 09 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Mister Ward you approaching all kinds of my territory!

Whats your poison?

Jan 7, 09 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Is his name really spelled Antihistimenes or is that just your hilarious interpretation of it?! :o)

And peridot, you didn't friend me! Unless you did a long time ago and I didn't even realize it. Speaking of purging, I need to purge my friends list too, but will wait until after graduation so as not to be conspicuous....

Jan 7, 09 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

K - I am going to make an attempt. RIGHT NOW!

Jan 7, 09 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

apparently i'm not your friend either, but i'll look past that for a taste of knob creek.

Jan 7, 09 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

Oh, and I disclaim: Its how that name translates in my dimension.

Jan 7, 09 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

BURN! ADDING!

Jan 7, 09 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
peridotbritches

*serves*
K - whatcha syrup is?

Jan 7, 09 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Venus was the first song our band ever played after forming in the 8th grade. Of course, ours was the Shocking Blue Version. I am sure some of you heard the live version of Venus/Slut/I'm Eighteen from our classic show Live At New Prairie High School. I know FaceBook all star Donna Sink has a copy of it and who ever got that one CD swap that had that on there as well.

For the record, the librarian ain't goth she's into Dylan and Flea Markets and apparentely (to use Sarah's phrase...older gentlemen. I have also owned an overcoat for as long as she has been alive.

Jan 7, 09 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

If we're looking at Bananarama I infinitely prefer this.

Jan 7, 09 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

if there was a musical version what its like when lb and i get together imagine somethin' a little bit like ThIs! only a bit more raucous!!!!

Jan 7, 09 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

woh, that is awesome vado. i would never have thought those two would go together so well.

Jan 7, 09 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
some person

two words about lb joining Facebook: "Awwww, yeaaahhhh!"

Jan 7, 09 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

but that's not bananarama, lb! ???

annie is classy.

bananarama... well, chose a name that ends in -rama.

totally different.

Jan 7, 09 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Bananarama are three of the girls in the video - the three with the biggest hair. When I was in high school I thought they - in that video - were the most beautiful girls ever. Now that I'm old, of course, I know that the most amazing beauty in the show belongs to Annie Lennox. Damn.

Jan 7, 09 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Wow, TC looks like it was a rockin' party this afternoon this afternoon. Now I'm sorry to miss it.

Impressive vado - when did all this evolve?

snook - hope you and Mrs. B are staying warm. Changing walls around an Alzheimer's Unit? Isn't that considered cruel and unusual punishment? ;o)

peridotbritches - Hmmmm, guess I'm not your friend either. Oh well. But if you so please, I could use an Irish Whiskey to warm up myself.

It's been a VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY long day, so I'm off to hit the hay to catch some much needed winks. Night y'all.

LB - glad to hear your son is recovering well.

Jan 7, 09 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Vado, I'm sure you're a great Joplin inpersonator, but Ms Liberty Bell can't be as boring as Tom Jones.

Jan 7, 09 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Unless, its the book Tom Jones, and then, I'd say she isnt quite so racy. But I've never actually met her in person.

Jan 7, 09 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Okay, here's a question for you all...

At the cathedral, we use these Heliostab candle lighters to light the candles. Problem is, the candle lighters only work with that company's proprietary refill canisters, and our supply of said canisters is getting severely low. As you can imply by looking at the linked pages, the manufacturer and reseller are both German. I've been informed that there are Homeland Security issues with shipping the refill canisters into the US, but I'm uncertain if this is an actual roadblock we've encountered in the past, or merely paranoia on the part of somebody at the cathedral.

I don't speak or read German, so I can't can't contact either of these companies to find out A) if they have any American resellers, or B) if they have a work-around for the shipping issues. Anybody here speak German (tuna?), or have similar experience ordering similar products?

Thanks...

Jan 7, 09 10:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think liberty bell must have set some new record for excitement caused when joining Facebook.

thanks for the add, peridot!

Jan 7, 09 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

brace yourselves, but i was just awoken by one of my unpaid interns who insisted that i share with thread central the best website ever

brilliant huh? why didn't i think of strings?

Jan 7, 09 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Jan 7, 09 11:28 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah for quick and easy surgery?
Good night all.

Jan 7, 09 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

puddles - next time warn people. Some of us view Archinect from work.

LIG - before doing anything I'd suggest doing more research on the Homeland Security issue. Other than that you could always attempt to contact the company as I have no doubt that there is somone there who speaks English and can help you with your questions.

Jan 8, 09 8:21 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yeah, puddles link is definitely NSFW.

LiG, could you borrow some candles from another church? Like a cup of sugar?

Jan 8, 09 8:40 am  · 
 · 

puddles has done that to us before. be warned now, everyone: just ASSUME puddles' links are nsfw and then be happily surprised if they're inoffensive.

Jan 8, 09 8:47 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

LiG, I *think* holz.box speaks german. I think you should start a thread though, because somebody on here works there... someone whose name starts with a p... I can't remember it. Anyway I'm sure someone would be happy to draft a short letter for you.

Jan 8, 09 8:50 am  · 
 · 

if you're thinking p2an, he's in the netherlands...

Jan 8, 09 8:51 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I could have done with out the banana hammock pics Puddles.

Jan 8, 09 8:54 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

ahh, yes I was thinking p2an. Shoot.

OK everyone: I actually had -- now make sure you're sitting down -- a very positive experience with NCARB this week. As a result, I am now approved to begin testing. This shaves about 6 months off my testing time-line. Let the champagne flow!

Jan 8, 09 9:09 am  · 
 · 

Morning all,
Listening to sweet dancehall mixes today while i scan massive amounts of documentation into a database.

Sounds fun huh?

In "fairness" to puddles the link was prefaced with "brace yourselves"

Jan 8, 09 9:17 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow. You can get him on shirts and coffee mugs! I'm curious how he was able to get that outdoor shot without people looking at him like "What the hell, Idiot."

Jan 8, 09 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow, its been dead on here today...

Heres the invite. Its just a proto-type, and I will be punching holes into it. I may or may not string heavy yarn through the holes, havent decided. The construction is easy, two invites per page, and you just cut once and fold twice! Oh, and obviously there are margin issues, but its just the printer. I will print the real invites on my good, full-bleed printer.

What do you think?!

Jan 8, 09 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Looks great, Sarah!

I'm working like mad today trying to make the kitchen work to meet the appliances my clients suddenly decided they wanted. That's why I'm quiet!

Or maybe I'm just shocked to silence by that banana hammock guy.

Jan 8, 09 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i was just about to make a defense of the charges that my link were offensive (oh, as if you've never seen a penis before)...but on second viewing i must concede that emil's haircut is pretty offensive so please accept my apologies. said intern has now been released from further assignments.

nonetheless, there were several highlights of the website that should be pointed out.

1-the over-the-top music on some of the pages (builder der woche, im schnee, etc.)

2-the extensive selection of gear available in the shop.Of special note is the dodgy photoshop skills that leave the string-emil logos running off the side of shirts.

3-the submitted photos on the meine fans page are priceless. corny photoshop montages, "string emil is the shit!", and even someone representing at the sydney opera house with a string-emil umbrella. with dedicated fans like these, emil is clearly building an empire.

4-lastly, for some reason, i couldn't help but think of emil as something like per's perved-out german cousin. thank goodness we have the internet to bring these people into our lives.

Jan 8, 09 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

That looks awesome, Sarah! Makes me want to attend. :)

I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but there is a small typo in the page -- there should be an apostrophe in the "It's His Birthday".

Jan 8, 09 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

Puddles,
Your last post was way funny than the link itself IMHO.

SH,
I love it...

Jan 8, 09 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Myriam, my mom already pointed that out, but thanks. Its just the proto-type, so no big deal. I think I'm going to print the finals on a water-colour like paper

Jan 8, 09 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

Has anyone else heard about this?
I just learned about it today.
Apparently some shit when down on the BART and the BART cops shot and killed an unarmed man.
For more information link

Jan 8, 09 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Raw video here. Viewer discretion advised.

While this news was breaking all over the blogosphere, the top news headlines on CNN.com were:

"Which gadget do you hunker down with?"
"Where fuzzy creatures roam"
"Online dating tips to avoid"

Welcome to Bread and Circuses, 2009 Edition.

Jan 8, 09 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: