Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Sarah Hamilton

WOW, that IS red!

Tuna, I lived in Ohio sometime between 1984ish and 1993ish..I think, I was almost ayear when we moved there from Austin, and 10 when we left. We lived in Huber Heights outside of Dayton. I went back the summer before college, just to see it all, and everything had shrunk; at least I remembered it all bigger. But, yeah, we only went to Cincinatti to visit the zoo with preschool, and elemetary, and I went to a reds game once, but we left when they got to something crazy l ike 13 innings - it was just taking too long. Went to Columbus once - my sister was trying to become a child model, boring.... and we went to Cedar Point once, but I was little, I just remember lots of mazes, and of course, as mentioned in another thread, the great injustice of the Bearenstine Bears not being home. I think I'm scarred for life. If they still live there, I should go back.

Oh, and my favourite ride at Kings Island was the smurf ride, and the smurf ice cream outside.

Apr 21, 08 8:50 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

Dear Archinect,

Sorry I'm being such an asshole today. My party manners shall return as soon as I get some sleep.

Regards,
rfuller

Apr 21, 08 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
aml

hello tc,

i'm signing off for a few days. i'm going to machu picchu!!!

Apr 21, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Sweet deal aml. Take lots of pics!

Apr 21, 08 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

AMl..

Color me jealous!~

Apr 21, 08 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

aml - Do you have enough room in your suitcase to fit me? ;o) Take lots of photos and have fun.

Apr 21, 08 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

hi all, I am alive albeit barely. When I get a chance I'll explain more. But I'm drained - physically, emotionally, psychologically etc etc. Pray/chat wish me well. thanks.

Apr 21, 08 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

my right pinky finger is shaking uncontrollably...time for some rest. I miss you all. Where's vado?

Apr 21, 08 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I'm dragging because of too much sun over the weekend....I'm looking a kin to a Lobster.

Apr 21, 08 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

snook - me too, but only on my upper back. :o(

Apr 21, 08 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ATechno,

Sounds dramatic. Hopefully you will recover quickly?
Perhaps with some TC love...

Apr 21, 08 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I resent being called an archinect-ling.

and for all those lobsters, tsk, tsk, not wearing sunscreen...

it's turning into a zero carbon monday. I'm starting to think that pursuing licensure isn't my best career to combating climate change - such a drag having at least one more year in the trenches before I can grab that brass ring!

Apr 21, 08 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Who came up with Archinectling? It makes us sound like babies. Maybe the people with under 1000 'comments' could be called that, but not us regulars.

Apr 21, 08 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
aml

nam, did you just zoom through your 1,000th post? i'm right behind you, but it will have to wait til i'm back.

all, thanks! i'll post pics on flickr. i'm very excited! off i go...

Apr 21, 08 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Speaking of Lobsters

on Friday I went for Lobster, mid way through the meal there was a coachroach on the table. The place was called Lobster Shack in Antigua, they may want to change the name. We didn't pay for our lobsters. But I did still tiip the waitress.

but that was perhaps the better part of the weekend...watch this space

Apr 21, 08 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

techno, I'm sending you some Hella Jongerius-patterned love. Hang in there.

Apr 21, 08 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Dammm!

AML you are correct. I didn't even realize it. I knew it was coming but forgot...

So to celebrate!

The tree was a 1000 yr old tree that the Vancouver Parks Dept recently (this spring) chopped down...

Apr 21, 08 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

four thousand years and counting...

Apr 21, 08 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Awwwwwwww Atechno - you're making my heart hurt. Sending you lots o' friendly love vibes too.

TK - re: sunblock. Yeah I know... The hunter/gatherer in me got caught up in cutting down the ailanthus altissima (considered an invasive species in my neck of the woods) that used to border my property. Oops... so now I'm paying for it.

Random Tangent - So how much money do you think the USGBC saved by not hiring a proofreader/editor prior to publishing their Study Guides? Seriously, there have been quite a few instances in which I have had to "edit" sentences/paragraphs in order for them just to make sense. Run-on sentences should be illegal. :o/

Apr 21, 08 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

TK - How do they know its 4000 years old?

Apr 21, 08 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

trees are aged by taking core and counting rings or matching the annual rings to known years... more on the topic here

tuna-
ailanthus in any state of the US is noxious & invansive (and it smells bad too).

Apr 21, 08 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

tuna, next time you come out we should go on a big tree tour....those old trees, General Sherman, etc.

architechno I am thinking about you.

woo hoo, nam and tk.

Who is calling us "archinectlings" anyway? I don't call myself an Earthling. Is there an alien somewhere on the forum?

Apr 21, 08 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

Tree.
Didn't you here about the recently discovered (by a Swede) 10,000 yr old tree on Fulu Mountain in Dalarna?
I kid you not..

BBCNews

Apr 21, 08 7:57 pm  · 
 · 

thanks guys, Liberty - Hella Jongerius is amazing and patterned love like that would be well appreciated. And Wonder K - I'm thinking of you too hun, how's the Hawaiian love progressing? Sorry guys if I seem so down...I'll explain when I get a chance but so and her mum are here...buzzing around. And puppy has taken advantage of the dude who was looking after her and is about 10 lbs heavier.

Apr 21, 08 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

the trees are very cool. a good cheer-up! it's amazing that things can survive that long : so many human ages, so much wind of change. awesome.

Apr 21, 08 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

I hope things start going better for you, techno. It's rough having either family staying with you when you're not entirely happy... always made me feel like I had to hide problems and put on a cheery face.

Apr 21, 08 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

nam- vado could use that tree, but not I (yet).

techno, enjoy the mom food while you can, she'll be out of your hair soon enough.

Apr 21, 08 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

Lately I have been extremely frustrated with my work situation.

Just felt the need to finally express that in some form.

Apr 21, 08 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Awww Mantaray - How so?

Apr 21, 08 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

nothing like the smell of spring grass growing while your out walking the dogs late in the evening....makes me want to be an organic farmer...

Apr 21, 08 10:16 pm  · 
 · 

Good morning TCers!
Tree..
Gotcha.
You were referencing your 4000 Post?

Apr 22, 08 8:09 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

nam-
yup.

snook, nothing is stopping you.

HAPPY EARTH DAY TC!!!!!

Apr 22, 08 9:43 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Today is Awesome! Husband knew I was down, and feeling completely over-whelmed with all the things I feel l have to do, and left work early yesterday to go home, clean the house (even put away the laundry thats been sitting in baskets for weeks!) and he brought home dinner. It was all a suprise, and we got to eat dinner BEFORE I walked across the street to get the kiddo! It was a nice, quiet dinner, before 8pm. It was sooo nice.

And, equally as awesome....

I AM BACK TO MY PRE-PREGNANCY WEIGHT, AND I CAN FIT INTO MY OLD CLOTHES! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

The only thing that could make this day better, well, would be if Abram would sleep all through the night. Maybe I'm just being greedy.

Apr 22, 08 9:52 am  · 
 · 

wow, that's awesome Sarah! It's only been a couple months, right?

Apr 22, 08 10:38 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Yep. Abram is now 2 months and 2 days, if you want to be technical about it. He gets his first shots on Thursday.

Apr 22, 08 11:04 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i heard about that 10,000 year old tree in sweden recently too...i wish i could live that long

Apr 22, 08 11:07 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

We be organic gardners....but not farmers....can't afford all the land it takes be a farmer.

Apr 22, 08 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

i'd be bored after the first 300 years - all that same-old, same-old...

if we didn't die at a ripe old age, the planet would very quickly be overpopulated by superannuated humans.

Apr 22, 08 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

im growing some organic hierloom tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 22, 08 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah,
Congrats, both on the return to pre-baby clothes and some quiet time with the hubby...

Orhan that tree is thick. Literally!
that is all.

Apr 22, 08 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice to see Primanti Brothers get a plug from John Stewart! Do you think Obama went? French fries ON the sandwich - so efficient!

I'm tired. And quite overwhelmed and very nervous. I think we all are.

Everyone take a deep breath. Things will be fine. Diferent, and dificult, but fine.

<<<<<<<exhaaaaaaale>>>>>>>>

Apr 22, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

...and one of the things that will be different and difficult is people will tend to use fewer f's.

Apr 22, 08 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Conrgats Sarah on making it back to your pre-baby weight so quickly and having a nice dinner with Husband

Is this day OVER yet?

Apr 22, 08 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Is now!

Apr 22, 08 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I hit my forehead on a door handle while trying to feed my cat last night. Let me clarify - I whacked it. I whacked it good. Now I have a big lump on my forehead. Thank god for bangs.

If anyone asks, I got in a motorcycle accident. Or a bar fight. Whichever sounds more bad ass.

Apr 22, 08 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

slats...man...slats!!!

if you stop hearing from me anytime soon...it's because my (now former) landlady had me whacked

Apr 22, 08 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

TK, we planted 5 6" pecan trees today on one of our lots. I'm not gonna lie. I thought of you.

Happy Earth Day

Apr 22, 08 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

If I need a cup of hot - not boiling, just hot - water, is it better to put a cup in the microwave for one minute, or to let the tap run for one minute until the hot water arrives? I'm guessing the former is better for the planet. I don't have any indoor plants that I could water with the pre-hot.

Apr 23, 08 7:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: