anchor

Thread Central

treekiller

bermuda shorts and seersucker suits!

good luck +i!

Mar 31, 08 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

ATechno,
i agree with Treekiller and SH..All linen white suits.....

Mar 31, 08 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lime green leisure suits!

Mar 31, 08 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Im picturing bermuda shorts and a sports coat. Sorta like Angus Young by way of the caribean! Although, you seem a bit bigger than little ole Angus.

BTW, we named our dog after him, and thats what I always think of when ElleBell mentions her son. It makes me smile. Not to worry, LB, he was a great shaggy dog, and I miss him.

Mar 31, 08 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

We are barreling ahead towards page 200! Thread Central is quite the juggernaut. I feel as if every post I make until then should say something profound.....

....but of course I can't think of anything terribly profound, since I'm running on empty and going on 28 hours awake, so I'm just going to say hello and go upload some photos. Bye bye.

Mar 31, 08 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I am beginning to think it must take a lot of energy to use the words it must take a lot of energy being courteous to co-workers. Especially from one of the young bucks I am currently working with. Today I got two requests from said co-worker. The first was"Print out...", no "Could you print out..." or "Would you print out"; not even a simple "please". His next request started out "Make sure" and only after I stared at him with a combination of mock bewilderment and sheer disgust did I get a "Please" after said request. This isn't a one time occurrence either. The first couple of times I joked about it and subtly "corrected" him (for lack of a better word). Another time I got impatient and just kept asking him "I'm sorry, what?" until he got a clue what I was expecting. Mind you this was only after he gave me attitude for trying to at least get a PLEASE from him. Dude, I am NOT your f***ing secretary!!!!! [/rant]

Mar 31, 08 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK...

28hrs...Color me impressed...That is like old studio days of yore...

Mar 31, 08 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Angus Young turns 53 today - happy birthday and rock on, you crazy schoolboy!

We didn't name Angus after Angus Young, but he was a good model for what someone named Angus might be like - to me, at least!

Mar 31, 08 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

anyone named angus is destined for greatness. no' all genetics moves through the genes ya know. some of it is sorta passed on through sympathetic vibrations...

tunamelt, that must be annoying. i'm canadian where we are taught to be polite even when fighting...you know things like "would you please be so kind as to shut the fcuk up..."etc... maybe just tell the bugger outright that a please and thank you will smooth the road for him from now on.

Mar 31, 08 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

tuna- will anything happen when, opps - you forget to print for that annoying twirp? or you can tell them that you're computer won't print and IT can't figure out why...

Mar 31, 08 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

tuna, that's what happens when you hire GSD grads....

Mar 31, 08 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i'm w/ philarct and am banned from donating blood due to mad cow. heck yeah!

Mar 31, 08 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke
funny
Apr 1, 08 1:40 am  · 
 · 

my mums neighbour (rural canada) died from the ol mad cow induced disease. i wonder if she is allowed to give blood...?

Apr 1, 08 4:16 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Man, 4 minutes into the morning and Google got me already! Check out their gmail page. Happy April Fool's Day, everyone, to quote Marlin, watch your head!

Apr 1, 08 7:28 am  · 
 · 
+i

smokety- that was too funny
happy april fools day everyone!

Apr 1, 08 8:41 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
RoCkNfRiCkInRoLl

watch it lb. its got bagpipes!!!

Apr 1, 08 9:27 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf? take out garfield and you've got....ME! holy shit.

Apr 1, 08 9:27 am  · 
 · 

we just watched a comedy show centred around a news announcer's tribulations with arranged marriages. he is divorcee and apparently that still matters in japan for some peopele, which i didn't know, but the show was very funny.

then we watched oliver twist just to bring ourselves down a bit.

Apr 1, 08 10:45 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

We watched* Transformers the other night, and I have to admit, I enjoyed it.

* for me this term means my husband sat on the couch and watched it while I listened/occasionally looked over from my desk across the room where I was working on my computer. That's how I watch TV these days. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed Transformers so much if I had given it 100% of my attention.

Apr 1, 08 10:53 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

vado, i see the resemblance...wow!

Apr 1, 08 11:05 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just went to lunch and while sitting there enjoyin my chili cheese etouffe, i couldn't help but notice how bad people dress. their shoes are scuffed up. their pants are ill fitting, neckties out of date, women exhibiting a general degree of frumpiness. indy needs a fierce makeover.

Apr 1, 08 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

[beta]Hussein_____

I gave an ex-girlfriend an acchordian for Christmas a few years back... so I guess I am an acchordian donor...also gave her my organ...

Apr 1, 08 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

vado
im afraid im one of those sadly dressed guys
but only because im a student on the road to architecture.
so until then, im bummin it, and i have mad cow
like holz.box
i should start a mad cow club

Apr 1, 08 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

vado-

folks dress better in california and new york. for example, every picture of mdler I've seen, shows a very dapper and sharp dressed man. So get out of indianastan if you want fashionable folks to eat for lunch.

Apr 1, 08 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

...sory vado, i just need a few k for new suits, i'll get on that real soon.

Apr 1, 08 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I can't get myself out of jeans this year - the reality of my self-employment has finally won out, in that I appreciate that I can wear jeans every damn day if I want, and in the fact that I really am often on a jobsite so need sturdy clothes I don't mind getting dirty, AND in the reality that I can't afford nicer clothes!

Jeans and boots, my uniform. I dread summer shoe weather.

Apr 1, 08 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

LB, I wore jeans and docs everyday for 8 yrs, its not so bad. I did, however, retire the docs after graduating college and getting married. Got to grow up sometime!

Apr 1, 08 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
aml

in other news, folks in quito [up north from where i'm at] woke up to this hole today:

according to the news, it started yesterday afternoon, now it's about 75 meters in diameter and about 50 m deep. jeez.

Apr 1, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

That is pretty sa-weet! I love how the sides are so stiff. I assume its clay and such since its a whole, but is it? Is that gaurdrail falling into the abiss I see?

Apr 1, 08 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Holy crap!!!! That is the stuff of nightmares. I honestly am more afraid of sinkholes than tornadoes. A tornado happens in a storm that at least gives you a little waring. A sinkhole just opens up. Gahhhhh!

Apr 1, 08 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

aml, I'm coming out to Quito next month.... let's go check it out....

FYI: April Fools????????????

Apr 1, 08 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

a sinkhole?
cool

Apr 1, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'm referring more to some fierce persoanal style (which lb has tons of) as opposed to spending tons of caish on clothes. its just that indy has the look of the barnes and noble bookseller about it.

Apr 1, 08 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

c-

just make sure you get jane fonda asking the questions the next time cnn interviews you.

Apr 1, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
aml

sh, that's a guardrail + a little roof that covered the sidewalk [no idea why]. the thing started out yesterday afternoon about 20 meters in diameter and the sides keep 'peeling' and falling off and the hole grows. it's pretty fascinating to watch, although of course it's caused great trouble for the city.

c, let me know when you're coming- early in the month, i'm hoping to be trekking it in macchu picchu. later in the month, i'll be tied up with some very intense teaching. actually, i'd hope you would be able to stop by gye - offer still stands!

vado, i think you're looking for a bit of this. unknown people dressed nicely [not this, which is known people dressed badly!]

Apr 1, 08 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

Will be in Quito 14-16 May (instead of the AIA convention). I'm speaking at a Latin American Leadership Summit on the morning of the 16th.

Apr 1, 08 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
aml

c, i facebooked you

Apr 1, 08 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

got it.

Apr 1, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

Crazy big sink hole.....

And i can't believe we haven't hit 200, yet.

Apr 1, 08 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes aml the sartorial sinkhole!

Apr 1, 08 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

wierd... my computer is chirping. Wonder why....

Oh, well, it seems to have stopped.

Apr 1, 08 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

nope, still chirping.

Apr 1, 08 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

That sinkhole is some crazy shit. Wonder if it'll get any bigger.

Apr 1, 08 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

sarah - it's spring time. birds chirp then, so maybe that inspired your computer ;-)

Apr 1, 08 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
This one in Guatemala City

is freaky. It was apparently caused by a ruptured sewer pipe.

Apr 1, 08 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Almost there...

Apr 1, 08 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

#19,900!

· 
Living in Gin
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Thats quite the image for the top of the page!

Apr 1, 08 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: