Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Apr 4, 11 11:56 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Nope, smackdab in the center. German country, mostly. I had a Konig Pilz in a lovely beer garten. I highly reccommend Fredericksburg.

Apr 4, 11 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I just might have to roadtrip that direction. Pictures look beautiful.

Apr 4, 11 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

well, that thread certainly died a colorful death... thanks for support donna, steve, beta, et al.

might have links to my student's videos to share soon!

Apr 4, 11 12:41 pm  · 
 · 

I missed the big flameout shortly after rusty's comment, I guess. Poor OP!

Apr 4, 11 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

part of me wishes that paul could not ban these trolls but put their comments in a special kind of purgatory where only they could read them in context...they'd log on..see their post their..but noone else would. they'd wonder why noone was responding to them but still get whatever thrill they get from posting their posts... i'm still waiting for that ignore button...

Apr 4, 11 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!
"thanks for support donna, steve, beta, et al. "

I'll pretend I'm the et al part. Welcome!

Not sure how that thread ended, but I guess the entire thing is gone now? Good job! Bush league moderation goes into playoffs. Bring your kids for the delete button giveaway.

Apr 4, 11 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i've had it with just about everything.

Apr 4, 11 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

Vado: yep.

Apr 4, 11 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

sarah i have become a big fan of shinerbock in last 1-2 yrs

Apr 4, 11 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Nothin's Finer...

Apr 4, 11 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Yep, me too vado.

Apr 4, 11 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

mood: self stabby.

you sad bastards want to start a Cure cover band with me?

Apr 4, 11 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

Texas hill country? I've always visualized Texas as one giant dusty flat land. Guess I was wrong. Maybe some day I should visit that state.

Steven, re: looking out the window & marvelling at how badly we've destroyed our landscape... yep, this feeling dogs me lately. There are fewer and fewer places in this country in which you can revel in the landscape. That's why I liked Kansas - it really looks like nobody's touched it in many parts. Well at least if you close your eyes to the giant factory farm mono-crops turning the earth to clay. I found out later that there was some state beautification law put on the books at some point that limited/outlawed roadside billboards - and boy does the state benefit! You really realize what a blight signage can be when you cross from Missouri (ugh) to Kansas and suddenly you can see the land again.

Oh wait I forgot, laws controlling signage are taking away our freedoms.

Apr 4, 11 9:00 pm  · 
 · 

urgghhh so I'm writing a design concept and feel like a student again. But I'm filtering images of a site I've only seen through pictures, discussions with the directors, client precedents which coincidently included a wedding cake.

Oh and I'm previewing archinect 3.0 whooo hooo

Apr 5, 11 12:19 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I stayed up way to late last night to watch the U-Conn Huskies put away the Bulter Bull Dogs. What a Dog Fight! Now I have to get some work done today!

Apr 5, 11 7:13 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

somehow the local affiliate lost the broadcast. i think butler scored ten more points. eeek what a let down.

Apr 5, 11 10:07 am  · 
 · 

Spied on front page of today's USA Today: only 36% are concerned about the world we leave the next generation, down 6% from last year.

Apr 5, 11 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

It's still such a nervous feeling to send off my resume/portfolio to people. One of the guys I met on the hill country trip is an architect, and owns a firm. He said to send him my stuff, so I did, but I don't feel excited. No, instead I feel nervous. God I hope I got it all right. I proof read it 7 times.

Apr 5, 11 2:38 pm  · 
 · 

just found out that I'll be visiting NYIT at the end of the month!

Apr 5, 11 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

Sarah that's excellent! Since he's already met you and told you to send stuff he must like you already, right? Don't be nervous. You proofed it as far as you could and now it's out of your hands. Breathe.

Apr 5, 11 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I'll second the congrats to Sarah!

Going to Texan Himalayas seems like a great networking strategy. How are the slopes there? :)

Apr 5, 11 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Hill country? Try mountain country next time!

Apr 5, 11 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I'm sure the slopes are great, but there isn't any snow. Now if you bring an all terrain wagon....

Apr 5, 11 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
dia

techno,

previewing archinect 3.0? do tell...

Apr 5, 11 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

i'm in the 3.0 too... i assume that most of the TC regulars got the invite... check whichever email account you have linked to the 'nect...

Apr 5, 11 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

Ugh. You all look so handsome and sexy on your profile pics and I just am NOT feeling it lately. I need to get my friend here to do a good pic for me I guess - but seriously, right now a photo of me would be stressed, haggard, and partially drunk. NOT a good look.

Maybe I'll start with a project pic instead?

Problem is I totally can't remember my login info. I don't think I've ever logged out since setting up my real name screen name here! Guess I better work that out.

Apr 5, 11 7:57 pm  · 
 · 

OK so I'm going to log out and try to figure out how to log back in. If I disappear for awhile it's because I totally can't remember my password!

Apr 5, 11 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
dia

nup - not regular enough.

Apr 5, 11 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Donna, your password is "dontpeeinmybusstation". Welcome!

Still waiting for my Archinect 3.0 invite. Although to be fair, I'm often surprised I'm allowed to log into this version.

My comedy stylings are often booed off the stage around here. You guys are a tough crowd.

Apr 5, 11 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

profile pics eh? Maybe I won't be looking forward to archinect 3.0.

By the way, I apologize if anyone that have sent me email before have gotten some random spam from my account. Apparently some automated spam generator has taken over my email account (which used to be tied to my archinect account). I don't know if it sent spam to ramdom email addresses or if it has gone through my correspondence.

Apr 5, 11 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Well I didn't get the invite either. Boo. Must be because I'm not a real architect. Well fine. I didn't want to play on your 3.0 anyway. Humph.

Apr 5, 11 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

donna, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out my sign-in info too... first i forgot that i changed my screen name to my real name and then i couldn't remember which one of my many passwords was the correct one...

Apr 5, 11 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

Same here, Phillip. Luckily I'm fairly simple-minded so I only had a few passwords to try (my financial-related passwords are all harder and more complex and written down in hard-to-find places just in case).

Sarah, have you been on FB lately?

Apr 5, 11 10:09 pm  · 
 · 

I don't think I'd want to visit 3.0 if Sarah or anyone of you (including you rusty!) wasn't there.

Apr 5, 11 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

wow, I hate to admit that I'm bummed I didn't get an invite! Oh well. I just realized I've been on this site... almost 7 years now I think? Can that possibly be right?

Apr 5, 11 11:30 pm  · 
 · 

got the invite but i have to find time to log in and stuff yet. just had youngest daughter's entrance ceremony for grade 1 and now off to work. I am pretty sure i feel about the same as you right now donna.

being tired is better than being bored, but i still wonder where is the balance.

i am glad the world is happier about the future steven, but i am only more worried myself the older i get. it's really really scary out there.

Apr 5, 11 11:32 pm  · 
 · 

Don't be bumming, everyone. I didn't get an invite either. I found out about it through Facebook.

Apr 5, 11 11:33 pm  · 
 · 

Wait, did I misunderstand your post, Steven? More people are not worried about the world we're leaving to the future, or more people just don't give a damn?

Apr 5, 11 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

aww thanks architechnophilia :)

I say all of us undesirables organize a sit-in tomorrow in the archmart section.

but pls noone tell unicorn. can't have just anyone show up to our rally.

Apr 5, 11 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
n_

HA! I feel like all of us who didn't get a 3.0 invite are middle-schoolers that didn't get invited to the popular kid's birthday party at the roller rink.

For the record: I didn't get the invite either.

Hi all. The Seattle sun is in my face this morning in studio and I'm blaring Arcade Fire on my speakers. Good way to start my day.

Apr 6, 11 11:56 am  · 
 · 

Who is Arcade Fire?

Apr 6, 11 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!
who is arcade fire?
Apr 6, 11 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

ha - I was going to post that link but wanted to see if anyone would pick up on it first.

Apr 6, 11 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

seattle has sun?

Apr 6, 11 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

hi all, from what i understand 3.0 will be open to everyone soon. I think maybe next week?

The invites were i think just for beta testers....

been busy with work. one long offsite meeting all day.

Apr 6, 11 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Sadly, not much, nowadays.

But it does have the most gorgeous, sunny summers/early fall that you can ever imagine. I just have to sit tight for a few more weeks.

Apr 6, 11 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
copper_top

Well I got an Archinect 3.0 invite, but since I replied saying I'd love to try it out haven't heard back. Maybe I didn't make the call-backs?

Apr 6, 11 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!
"But it does have the most gorgeous, sunny summers/early fall that you can ever imagine. "

True dat. Many people don't realize just how north Seattle is. It translates to super long days in summer. Likewise short damply winter days.

So I heard that Archinect 3.0 is really just a usergroup on Facebook. Which is good because you can poke people.

Apr 6, 11 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

And we can all do farmville together.

Apr 6, 11 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: