Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

oh, p.s. I might be homeless for the weekend. I'm helping my mom move into her new house... except that she hasn't gotten the keys yet. The deal has been stalled more than a month, and she's finally signed but she can't get the keys until it records with the county. In the meantime her apartment lease is up, she has to be out by the end of the day. So, fingers crossed that we get keys today!

Jul 31, 09 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think i;d be hittin up the real estate agent for a hotel room.

napper you're so dapper!

Jul 31, 09 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Looking good everyone. Pixel, love the photoshop job. I had to go with the hat because my odd in-between "i'm growing it out" hair wasn't an available option.

On a plane, heading to Dallas for my cousin's wedding...

Jul 31, 09 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Just ate the yummiest Cuban sammich ever with some tasty black beans and rice. Having trouble keeping eyes open. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Jul 31, 09 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Pixel, the revision is excellent.

What's a good hangover lunch?

Jul 31, 09 1:19 pm  · 
 · 

lb: hair of the dog, of course!

Jul 31, 09 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Totally didn't know that Ikea's been around since 1958! And a lot of there stuff looks the same.

link

Jul 31, 09 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I give in, everybody looks so swank that I gotta join the fun during my lunch break:

Jul 31, 09 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

there's a bunch of drunks in here. take your alcohol and leave this chucky cheese!

Jul 31, 09 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

so, job's not as bad as i thought. interviewed well. maybe i'll be making more than i am now, but man i was getting use to this.

oh, and another thing, i found out yesterday, at my shrink's office, that i have no idea, literally no idea what self-compassion means. the concept is soooo foreign, that i can't even wrap my 7 1/2" dome around the idea of feeling empathy for myself. i said to her, it feels like a pity party...

Jul 31, 09 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

okay did everyone else know that Dapper was female? I feel so retarded that I didn't figure it out. I guess I assumed dapper like a man in a 1950s styled suit dapper. Oh well.

@Liberty it was great talking with you this morning. Hi Vado!! I'm sure you are both enjoying a expresso chatting about what not but know that I am jealous and would love to be there as well laughing it up.

Jul 31, 09 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta have you given up the plans to open the alpha-beta design studio? Or is this just to raise capital for your flagship - wow that sounded suggestive...

Jul 31, 09 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i think i have a name, and yes raising capital is the plan, there is no overlap. if this falls through, then so be it.

Jul 31, 09 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

archi,
Actually that tottaly threw me for a loop too.

Jul 31, 09 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

I'm going to stop assuming genders completely. Everyone is now gender neutral in my book unless proven otherwise.

I sat in the building permit department for the city of Philadelphia (L&I) across the street from City Hall for over an hour today waiting for a permit. As I was sitting there, I was thinking how the permitting process is such an efficient waste of time. I think that phrase makes sense.

Before that, I had lunch where after paying for my lunch with a $10 bill, I was given change for a $20. I couldn't do that to the Amish, so I was adamant about returning the $10. And then on the way back, I am pretty sure I was conned out of $20. A random guy told me he was travelling in Philly while writing a book, but he's recently lost his wallet and laptop at the library. He needs a ticket to go to Washington DC so that he can go to the embassy to get his passport/ID. (Note: He was not from the US) I figured he's probably lying, but even if he was a conman I thought it must be tough to live like that. And I've been in similar situations while travelling, where I saw how losing one little thing can seriously jeopardize any feeling of security and you can drop off of the map in an instant.

I think I'm in a Karma funk. I was in a car accident yesterday (not a big deal, a fender bender basically) and the other guy took off.

Jul 31, 09 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

alright - time to join the party - let's see if this works...

hmmm... I look kind of like a software engineer

Jul 31, 09 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

wait, toaster is a man? whoops. And yes, you have software engineer all over you. Guess that makes you an architect according to Monster and CareerBuilder.

LB, I get what you mean. I hated shakira for the longest because she stole my hairstyle, and everybody liked it on her! I'm so over that now, though. Now if only I could steal her abs, then I'd call us even.

So I broke my brand new iPhone this morning, and then had a total melt to the floor break down because of it. It was sad. Pathetic, all of that. Abram wasnt much help either. Why is it that when you just need a hug dogs and toddlers just want to push away and play. WOnder if they know something I dont. Its fixed now in any case, and so am I.

Still Packing though.

And AP, if I wasnt going out of town, I'd asked to meet for drinks. Damn. Enjoy Dallas! I do.

Jul 31, 09 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

cloverfield park, santa monica

Jul 31, 09 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

well Sarah, we're flying standby and it doesn't look like we're gonna make it. we left Miami this morning and came to Orlando 'cause it looked like a better bet for flying standby to Dallas, but as it turns out, it's no better than Miami. ah well...may very well be heading back to Miami tonight or tomorrow morning. just a bit bummed that i rented a tux and I'm not even gonna make it to the event! might have to put it on and take some pics anyway...

Enjoy your Florida vacation!

toasteroven, your madmen get up is pretty much the same as the IT guy that used to come to the office I worked at in NYC...although he didn't have the scotch, and his bag was a less stylish laptop bag w/shoulder strap.

Slart, good luck snapping out of the karma funk.

Jul 31, 09 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
AP

hahahahah Orhan. that's awesome. the puppies are lookin good!

Jul 31, 09 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Orhan, your coolness shames us all. We're amateurs.

Had a nice coffee - outside! - with vado. Now back to drawing.

Jul 31, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

highlight of my day: Quilian just stopped by between reviews here at Wentworth and we got to shoot the shit.

Jul 31, 09 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Wow, didn't know my gender was so questionable eventhough I've made a few comments including myself with the lady 'necters. But I do I have many male-like thought processes and speech patterns, thus calling myself dapper.

Jul 31, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

And thanks for the compliments

Jul 31, 09 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I knew you were female Dapper, but I didn't figure it out for a while. The whole Dapper thing... it's masculine in my mind too.

Jul 31, 09 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

toaster great job on that sunbeam launch! you really have your finger on the pulse of the american housewife!

orhan fantastic work in promoting the american launch of eric ambler's "a coffin for demetrios"!!

techno you should be jealous. lb and i sat outside on a gorgeous late july day in the shade drinking iced coffee. she had on her new sandals! lb you are so awesome!

Jul 31, 09 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

if only I could figure out how to get mine here.....I'm sure you would all have a good laugh....help me...

Jul 31, 09 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Post it to Flickr first, snook. Or email it to me, I'll post it to my Flickr, then post it here. But don't you have a Santa beard?! I don't think madmen gives that option...

Jul 31, 09 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, large beards require photoshop!

Jul 31, 09 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I love the internet! Oh my god snook I am laughing so hard right now - brilliant!

Jul 31, 09 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven
large beards require photoshop!

new archinect t-shirt!

Jul 31, 09 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hilarious!

Jul 31, 09 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I'm actually looking forward to the up coming series. The father of a good friend of mine was at the top tier of advertizing in the 50-70's.
Everytime I watch the series I think of him. He was smooth and even allowed us young bucks to have beer delivered to their Beacon Hill Brown Stone back in the 70's and put in on his account.

Jul 31, 09 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

love the photoshopped beard.

sad how easy it was to make not too wrong version of myself.

back in undergrad i sported grizzly adams hair and beard and looked more or less like a happy biker, or maybe sarah palin's boyfriend. can't remember when i made switch to culturally acceptable...

wishing some good karma your way slarti. actually, good karma for everyone! put it in my accnt.

Jul 31, 09 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

Just did some cleaning and ready for the weekend.

Hope everyone has some good karma coming their way. Loving the Mad Men pics, and especially vado's comments/caption after each one.

Now lets all take a breath and enjoy the weekend, (I am already drinking)...

Jul 31, 09 7:51 pm  · 
 · 

man am I tired. 2/3 way through the tiling it looks great but I hope I can finish early enough to grout later in the day. It all has to get done before sundown. The mad men images look fabulous... this is way better than the South Park/Simpson avatars we all did last summer

Jul 31, 09 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I'm still in lousianna. I hate this state; the bathrooms are always dirty and the waitress was inept as well. If I didn't like waffle house so much, it wouldve soured my morning.

Aug 1, 09 9:11 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

since some of you seem to be those "environmental types", i though you might like this: green jets. it's basically a carpool service for air travel. although sharing a jet sounds kind of gross...i suppose that it would still be better than flying commercial.

Aug 1, 09 9:23 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

just visited the aia website. it says that the office is closed for a one week staff furlough...

Aug 1, 09 9:43 am  · 
 · 

thanks, jump!

[he opened a tab on the last page.]

Aug 1, 09 10:25 am  · 
 · 
Aug 1, 09 10:26 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

thats a gas guzzling page marker!

Aug 1, 09 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Sweet page picture!

Aug 1, 09 11:06 am  · 
 · 
AP

Just wait 'til we hit page 454...

Aug 1, 09 11:13 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

bah! 426 will have 2 page makers, and i'm claiming them now.

Aug 1, 09 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well ya'll better get busy posting if we're going to get TC into the 400s!

I just walked, with the dog, to the post office, cafe, resale store, and produce stand. She's a good, good girl, and is now tired and panting - but hopefully is worn out enough to let me get some work done tonight!

Aug 1, 09 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I finally started writing my book review. Got another 900 words to go. All this effort to land a comp'd $75 book or am I writing this for my ego?

Aug 1, 09 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

tk, you're writing it because your opinion of said book will be valuable and educational for others! My opinion of that book, on the other hand, would be worthless. So thank you for doing it.

Aug 1, 09 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

getting a jump on the cubic inch thang...

Aug 1, 09 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

So apparently alarm clocks are tethered to walls. I broke mine this morning moving my bedside table out of the way so I could clean my windows. Oopsy. I've also discovered finding an alarm clock with dual alarms and a radio in it is like finding a needle in a hay stack in this town. Who knew.

Aug 1, 09 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: