Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

b3tadine[sutures]

HEY!

when i have my cell phone in my pocket, it looks like i have a penis too!

oh. wait. :[

Jul 30, 09 10:54 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

orhan - great review...

SH - I want an iPhone, but I'm too cheap to get any phone other than the one that comes with the plan, though...

puddles - awesome...

re: swimsuits... I really don't like shorts - I wear pants all the time, even in the summers - even at the beach. I've been noticing that the latest hipster fashion for men's shorts are cut-off skinny jeans that are about a hand-width or two above the knee.

Jul 30, 09 11:02 am  · 
 · 
****melt

For Dapper Napper and everyone else who likes to partake in an occassional mid day snooze

Jul 30, 09 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

what's wrong w/ a little cross dressing?

i was kidding. i don't really like beaches. or is it people i don't like, i'm always mixing those up!

for the record:

holz worked in germany (and would like to again, if anyone from sauerbruch & hutton happens to be reading this - same goes for you messrs. zumthor, herzog and de meuron)

holz lived on a bunch of military bases growing up. badass!

holz is german for wood.

holz does not have a german accent

holz is in fact a DUDE! (thanks, wk)

Jul 30, 09 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You messed up the last one, there, holz: should read "holz is in fact a super-cool DUDE with an unmatched capacity for retaining and recalling architecture-related information"

jump, yes, the shoes are from Mohop Shoes, profiled right here on Archinect awhile back. Annie Mohaupt completely rocks and has been so great about my shoe purchase (there was a minor shipping snafu and she has gone above and beyond to rectify it). I feel really good about purchasing from a small, innovative architecture-related company!

Jul 30, 09 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

No problem holz! Thanks for clearing that up for us! :o)

Also nam, that post on the last page was from melty, not Wonder! I'M Wonder! I know we look alike but I don't have the ****. LOL.

Between puddles "berry huggers" and the Handerpants, I nearly hyperventilated from laughing so hard. Seriously, go click on the link!

Also, a quick "beware": I almost got scammed by applying to a job I found on GreenBiz. I submitted a form of "interest" to these people via their Web site and I got a call from them yesterday saying I could get started with them for a start-up fee of only $89. I asked him why I needed to pay THEM if I was supposed to be doing work FOR them, and he didn't give me a straight answer. I also asked where that money goes and he gave me some crap answer about it going to fund "solar projects in the Southwest." Right. So if the link doesn't work, then that's good, because I reported them to GreenBiz and that means they took the posting down.

Jul 30, 09 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I like that one feature of the Handerpants is they "distract enemies". That's the best form of defense, in my book.

Jul 30, 09 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

D'oh! GreenBiz responded to my email and removed the scammers. Foiled!

Jul 30, 09 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Wonder,.

How did i get that crossed up?? Woops..

Jul 30, 09 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

nam, the book is fantastic enough that i just went and bought a copy.

Jul 30, 09 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

So Snook, you don't have a degree? It's obviously worked out for you, but did you get flack for it pre-exam?

Jul 30, 09 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Eventhough you don't really need a degreee to do this profession since the education is completely separate from the actual business. The master-apprentice system should be reinstituted.

Jul 30, 09 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

And yes, I did just return from my lunchtime nap. There's a few geniuses on the list of nappers in the article Melt posted.

Jul 30, 09 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Well that took FOREVER! Apparently, the Apple store was having technical difficulties, and I wait, and waited, and waited. And as anyone with a child can tell you, even simply waiting is multiplied by a factor of at least 10 - so really I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and ect - you get the idea. Finally, they said, go upstairs to the ATT store. I had them call to make sure the phone was there, and got in and out of there in 20 minutes or so. It may have been less, but you got to remember that factor or 10.

Jul 30, 09 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

power outages suck

Jul 30, 09 4:32 pm  · 
 · 

so I ditched work early today, after not really wanting to go in in the first place. I went to continue a little project for my sister. She just bought a townhouse and I'm tiling a custom backsplash for her (pictures to come). Anyway it's been fun - first hammering the wall with my 9 yo niece, seconding tiling with my sister - fun times. Anyway I was called today from the office to make sure I was in, they are planning a send off for me. Should be interesting cake and pop for someone who quit?

Jul 30, 09 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it'd be nice if ncarb would prorate the annual maintenance fee since it took four months to get test results.

Jul 30, 09 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i knew i should have gone into advertising...

Madmen yourself!

Jul 30, 09 8:09 pm  · 
 · 

[img]http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs154.snc1/5732_106047202671_504737671_2319563_406663_n.jpg width=415[/url] you and me both vado

Jul 30, 09 8:45 pm  · 
 · 

oh for fuck sake - you and me both vado

Jul 30, 09 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

power suit sans cravat! very sharp techno!

Jul 30, 09 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

I could get used to this life

Jul 30, 09 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

well hello there...

Jul 30, 09 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Jul 30, 09 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

****melt very elegant. grace kelly circa rear window...
ap a big bonus for you!!! juan valdez! Genius!!!
beta see you at the playboy club! we'll put it on the expense account!

Jul 30, 09 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado, that actually looks perfect. Actually all you guys look perfect.

I just had the pleasure of having a beer with a person who has been profiled in a feature here on Archinect - a very good-looking and smart person, i will add! Not vado, unfortunately, though he is also smart and good-looking.

And speaking of more smart, good-looking people, techno, I saw you called; I answered, and we got cut off? I was in a noisy bar at the time, so I'm sorry we didn't quite connect.

Obviously everyone here on TC is smart and attractive, and dead swish too if those madmen profiles are to be believed! And, obviously, I'm drunk. So it's appropriate that I now go find that madmen link....

Jul 30, 09 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
Jul 31, 09 12:07 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Smile's not quite big enough, but it'll do.

Jul 31, 09 12:25 am  · 
 · 

Liberty yeah when it got cut off I figured you were in a meeting or something. Also the shoes in that mad men image look like your new mohops. I'm really quite jealous though - I was hoping to buy some for the missus for her birthday on Tuesday but I couldn't make the order date. damn you

Jul 31, 09 2:05 am  · 
 · 

nam, in japanese there is a phrase that goes "aji ga aru", which means literally something has a flavour/taste, as opposed to being vanilla/dull. i guess it also implies a lack of polish, which is much like orhan's lovely prose. unpolished in a good way. like punk architecture writing or something. ah hell, i can't write for a damn, but you know what i mean.

it tastes good.

i'll say again lb, those shoes look great. you rook mahvelous (imagine voice of billy crystal from days in SNL)

Jul 31, 09 7:18 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

great images ladies!!!!

Jul 31, 09 7:59 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

LB, not to ruin the fun, but your image reminded me of Palin. Sorry. Guess I should figure this thing out.

Jul 31, 09 8:06 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

son of a bitch. I got all the way to the downloading portion, and the dang thing crashed. I had a neat little blonde with a bun, green crops, red purse, pearls, and of course a Martini - standing in some other housewife's kitchen - looking oh so Fabulous but a bit aloof. Damn. Now you will just have to imagine her.

Todays the day we leave. We pile into the car at midnight. Everybody, cross your fingers that Abram stays asleep the WHOLE night. THe whole trip would be just fine too.

Jul 31, 09 8:23 am  · 
 · 

Call me a leming...

Morning all.

Jul 31, 09 8:39 am  · 
 · 

lemming

Jul 31, 09 8:39 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

could somebody remind me if i have any appointments this morning...

...because my heads hurts and i'm asking here because i'd rather not speak to anybody in person right now...erghhh

Jul 31, 09 8:50 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

good one Nam. kudos on that Edsel ad!

Sarah mine crashed twice!

Jul 31, 09 9:04 am  · 
 · 

archi, your life always sounds so fun.

Jul 31, 09 9:21 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

That's why I so despise Ms. Palin, Sarah - she's exactly like the very worst aspects of me.

Jul 31, 09 9:52 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

Jump congrats for landing that Honda account. although i don't see them making much of an impact in the American automobile market!

Jul 31, 09 9:54 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

oh damn! do i want to take this job, if offered? why, why, why, why this firm? frak.

Jul 31, 09 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Morning, ladies and gents

Jul 31, 09 10:24 am  · 
 · 
****melt

WHy hello there Dapper. Love the necklace ;o)

Jul 31, 09 10:47 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Dapper, you're gorgeous.

If I could just figure out how to add a roll of drawings under my arm - the architect's best accessory! - then I'd look much more realistic.

I've talked to three TCers this morning. Now I need to work!

Jul 31, 09 11:08 am  · 
 · 
n_

I'm usually in a bedroom when I'm drinking a martini.

Jul 31, 09 11:23 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

and wearing jodphurs?

Jul 31, 09 11:27 am  · 
 · 

they don't have an appropriately-sized beard on the MadMen website, the resulting image looks nothing like me...

Jul 31, 09 11:31 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you're too mad for madmen pixel!

Jul 31, 09 11:40 am  · 
 · 

here we go, a little better with some photoshop magic...

Jul 31, 09 11:52 am  · 
 · 

hahaha, love the photoshopped plugs, Pixel. I was noticing they didn't have appropriately sized hair for me... I've got about twice the amount my image shows.

Jul 31, 09 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: