Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

oh and that trailer (from the AMC website) that they showed at comic-con looks sick..

Jul 28, 09 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nice thing for me was I saw both male AND female genitals.

puddles, how are your fingernails?

Jul 28, 09 12:47 pm  · 
 · 

castles of ice cream doesn't sound half bad. i think my daughters would have a whole lot more interest in what i do if castles of ice cream were part of it.

Jul 28, 09 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

nam:
This is from March 2008, right after I got it - right forearm.

Jul 28, 09 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

castles of ice cream seems like the best way to get kids involved in architecture. Ditto on the genitalia - I was actually disappointed i didn't see it that I had to scroll back to the previous page to see it. Speaking of genitalia I finally watch Watchmen last night (say that 3 times fast) and was just amazed/appalled at the giant blue penis and how the characters in the movie were oblivious to it. I felt him donning the suit to "cover up" was the true brilliance of the movie making a commentary on the hypocrisy of Western media. No you didn't see that.

And speaking oftattoos

Jul 28, 09 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

Pixel, wicked. Very nice.

Jul 28, 09 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK
You give me hope, liberty bell.

This sent me into giggle fits.

Now I have to go back and click on the link too.

Jul 28, 09 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh THAT. Not the link, the picture. Yeah a little dirty. Not so bad though. :o)

Jul 28, 09 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
genital gallery

via betty dodson

oh...and i had my fingernails trimmed this morning...very nice

Jul 28, 09 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i have very high gentalia standards. very high.

Jul 28, 09 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

my genitals are very high.

Jul 28, 09 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

last week we had an article circulating in our office that outlined the dangers of phthalates in plastics and how it shortens the "anogenital distance" in our babies. anyway - the gist of it is: exposure to plastic is making everyone girly.

Jul 28, 09 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
****melt
Jul 28, 09 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

toaster, that explains everything, now must go and apologize to mother for dressing me as a girl...

i sold my Libeskind - Unfolding, Eisenman - House of Cards, a couple of Dennis Oppenheim books and a Bruce Nauman piece today...115 dollars in my pocket...was hoping for more, want to get ipod....oh well.

Jul 28, 09 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

good tip, vado, just reserved it at my local branch! thanks!

Jul 28, 09 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

lol-lb & n_! But I never watchedthundercats.

Life's been busy. Had the pleasure of giving a green roof lecture at the art institute last night - surprised that more guys don't go into ID just to hit on all the hot chicks! It felt really good giving the talk - guess I'm meant to be a professor or something. I'm giving notice as soon as the boss returns to the US on the 10th or so, so I'll have a week free before starting at the U. Also got a book review to write by the 20th.

The office got a check this morning, so one of the missed payrolls will be made - the writing is on the wall that I gotta get out of this place, the sooner the better. So I'm working on my third to last proposals and looking forward to a change.

well it's time to go home. at least we're getting the early july paycheck...

Jul 28, 09 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Puddles you always find the strangest, yet somehow still relevant, things. How do you do it?

And Manta, I thought your comment was in response to Vado's "high standards" remark.

Jul 28, 09 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Oweemaway...
Jul 28, 09 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

TK,
sounds productive.

Jul 28, 09 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

oh an i am off to tacos and sangria

Jul 28, 09 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that ought to cure the funks...food and drink always do for me...

tonight's dinner:

Colombian Chicken Soup

Jul 28, 09 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

Missed payrolls are intense -- I've been there before, it's nothing but a bad situation. Sorry, tk.

Jul 28, 09 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I think I saw Jesus In AP's Kitchen!

Jul 28, 09 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that's St. Jude, patron saint of desperate and/or lost causes. my grandmother is a devout catholic, and this candle is on my non-catholic mom's stove, in honor of my stepfather (whose heart condition i've posted about).

here's a pic of the soup with garnish, alongside some rolls that we made to accompany it:

Jul 28, 09 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
SantaCruzIsNeat!
Jul 28, 09 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
APerfectPesticide!
Jul 28, 09 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

yeay! One step closer to officially being on the U's payroll. My application was just submitted to the provost's office. It's really nice when a job description is written just for you - like being a screenplay written specifically for a celebrity.

Email me if you want to see the job posting...

Jul 28, 09 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

AP - you torment me so. When are you inviting me to dinner.

vado - first video, hilarious. Second one... umm, ya... I'm at a loss for words. WOW!!!!!

Jul 28, 09 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Remind me never to make baklava just for the sake of making baklava again. I just practically inhaled six pieces in like 2 minutes. I just can't stay away from all that buttery goodness. Thank God I took some to work.

Jul 28, 09 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wow that food looks amazing AP.

Jul 28, 09 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Cool-looking food, AP.

Still alive, yet very preoccupied lately....

Jul 28, 09 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LiG, is she pretty? ;-)

Jul 28, 09 10:49 pm  · 
 · 

LIG i was just going to say where you been.

I am back from dinner. Went to my friends house by car so i could drink plenty of sangria. Good night all.

Jul 28, 09 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

what's with madonna's arms

Jul 28, 09 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

Abra she could pass for one of those robots in Rise of the machines. Great links vado - remind me never to drink the water in Santa Cruz.

Jul 29, 09 12:45 am  · 
 · 
AP

oh goodness...

great news tk, congrats. i would definitely subscribe to a podcast of your lectures if such a thing were to be available.

tuna, you're invited anytime! we'll be in st. louis for the next 2yrs, so feel free to come through! that goes for all of you (i think 'ssurfaces' will be our first guest, a week after we move in...she mentioned she'll be with a couple of other tc'ers just before heading to the lou in late august)...

Jul 29, 09 12:49 am  · 
 · 

i 2nd the podcast TK. very much would like to hear. also glad to hear you are moving to better things.

Jul 29, 09 12:56 am  · 
 · 

I feel so jilted! Surfaces passes through Cleveland 2 days before I get there on her way to Naptown. But I guess three of a kind (necteurs) beats one from the islands. Hopefully I can meet a new face this trip (maybe someone from TC)

Jul 29, 09 1:15 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

My goodness, folks. We're coming dangerously close to that "archinect conference" we keep talking and asking about but never actually following through on. We should make a map! Then again I always think we should make a map :o)

I'm still in Portland, and I like it, so I think I'll stay. More details on that later.

I will mention that it got up to 106 degrees in Portland today and everyone is pretty much freaking out. Don't get me wrong, it's damn hot, and it's supposed to maybe hit 108 tomorrow, which would be an all-time high for this city, but coming from humid, baking summers in the Ohio River Valley, I'm fairly amused by the phenomenon. It's all a learning experience, for sure.

Jul 29, 09 3:33 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

wk,

when you only average a few days per year at 90 (85 in seattle) - having the thermometer hit 100+ is quite a shock to the system. especially without a/c.

ugh, the holzhaus is gross and sweaty tonight. we don't even have a fan (if i turned the computer off, though, it might actually be cool enough to sleep...)

i guess seattle has never broken 100 degrees, and they're predicting 101, so i'll be rocking the bikini at work tomorrow...

Jul 29, 09 3:59 am  · 
 · 

was just about to update my facebook status with something cynical, but then realized that a lot of my past students (high school kids deciding about architecture) are among my contacts. don't want to disillusion them yet. so i'll post it here.

steven ward gets excited every now and then about the potential to make positive impact in the community... usually gone by 8am.

Jul 29, 09 7:40 am  · 
 · 

"fruit trees and vegetable trees"

thank you Vado, perfect way to start my morning!

Jul 29, 09 7:46 am  · 
 · 

Morning all,
I am slacking this morning thanks to a late night pie and pizza binge after i returned home post sangria.
Madonna makes me feel icky....

Hi DubK!!!!

Jul 29, 09 8:05 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven. You do good work. YOU make sure that your firm does work that DOES have an overall positive impact, despite the battles that may be lost.

Jul 29, 09 8:36 am  · 
 · 
****melt

DubK - I wanna move to Portland. Anyone wanna buy a house? Five blocks from the university.

Speaking of houses, I washed down my porch yesterday for the first time since I moved in. I felt slightly guilty doing it but it felt great, anyhoo... in the midst of partaking in said guilty pleasure most of the paint began to peel of the steps, so away I went and pulled up most of the rest of it. My question to anyone out there... do I need to strip the rest of the paint off or can I just wash it down, prime it and paint it. I read a few things on line last evening and there were contradicting messages. Anyone? Anyone?

Wow. Madonna does look a little freakish doesn't she.

Jul 29, 09 8:36 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

madonna is just getting old. and did you guys hear that michael jackson died? kind of surprising considering all of the hoopla surrounding his upcoming tour...maybe it's just publicity stunt?

puddles is still alive...and still with handsome arms, full of youth, vigor and trimmed finger nails. ooh la la

Jul 29, 09 8:38 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

steven, every night i go to bed spent, thinking how god awful i am and every day i wake up feeling renewed, i don't know what time the change happens, but i feel you.

Jul 29, 09 8:41 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

melt, concrete porch? I did the same to my concrete porch in Philly: I wire brushed the rougher areas at the edges of the old paint then just did two coats of porch paint on it all. The thing with porches is they get a LOT of wear and a LOT of weather, and committing to painting them every spring should really just be considered standard maintenance.

Jul 29, 09 8:41 am  · 
 · 
****melt

Yup concrete. Did you use primer or did you just paint away? I'm hoping that I have some leftover from the prior owners, at least to get the color off of it. I'm kinda anal when it comes to that stuff.

Jul 29, 09 10:00 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I didn't prime, if I recall correctly, but if I did prime I definitely used Kilz.

Jul 29, 09 10:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: