anchor

Confessions of an Architect

brickhouse

i think inside the box.
i shit outside the box.

Jun 10, 05 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
morningbell1101

i interned at a spyglass entertainment (recent movie released: the pacifier starring vin diesel), thinking one day i would become a movie producer.

i've sung along to that OC song "California" on more than one occassion.

i have more girl crushes than boy crushes.

i hate most my peers and think i'm better than them, yet often find myself quite intimidated by them.

i want to start a cover band that sings only in french.

Jun 10, 05 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

i hear ya morning bell

i have more girl crushes than boy crushes.

i hate most my peers and think i'm better than them, yet often find myself quite intimidated by them.

lol

Jun 10, 05 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

"i hate most my peers and think i'm better than them, yet often find myself quite intimidated by them."

yeah, I'm with you on that one too (unfortunately).

I have very high standards regarding what is acceptable in life. I don't meet a lot of them, yet I persist in believing they are 'right'. I guess this makes me a hypocrit.

Jun 10, 05 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
lush

I'll take that one step further...I hate ALL my colleagues and constantly feel superior to them...I am the junior most architect in my firm and am not at all initmidated by any of them.

"I have very high standards regarding what is acceptable in life. I don't meet a lot of them, yet I persist in believing they are 'right'."

Rationalist...I know exactly what you mean, i dont think of this as hypocricy.i have high expectations and standards that I set for myself also- and havent achieveved anything yet...but I know that having these standards will make me work harder and push for a lot more out of what can potentially be a very frustrating carreer choice.

forgive me- I tend to get philosophical at 3.30 AM after too many dirty martinis.

Jun 12, 05 3:30 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

I've finally taken over the office spent 9 month reorganising all the shit that was left loose. Now I'm not sure if I want it anymore.

Jul 3, 05 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

up to about a year ago I spent my vacations either on architectural jaunts or hanging out with persons from the "lifestyle"

Jul 3, 05 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
architorturealist

confession: i hate people how work in large, famous offices of the starchitect. not because they did, but because they pad their resume with that crap and have no real architectural knowledge or talent.

Jul 3, 05 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
leander

um. i had a sex dream about frank g. last night : back in the day when he was young and jumping on cardboard tables.

weird. i don't like his buildings. (and gross! i prefer the look of interpol hottness but with the musical stylings of kings of convienence + built to spill).

he was making me really good food with lots of garlic and there were tons of young kids everywhere making crazy shit out of blue foam insulation.

i need some booty now!

Jul 3, 05 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
leander

ps. that was rhetorical. not a request.

Jul 3, 05 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

I sometimes wish I could make a career to just look and comment on architecture (and architects), "that's shite and they know it"

Jul 5, 05 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

I hate 95% of the architects I have met. This profession deserves to die.

Jul 6, 05 5:54 am  · 
 · 
Oana S.

same here, Lord Auch
architects are horrible people... (am i saying this only because i am an architect ?)

Jul 6, 05 6:05 am  · 
 · 
topflite9000

I havn't fed my cat in a long time.

Jul 7, 05 2:45 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

wierd how lot's of people hate architects, but we all get along via the internet here at archinect

Jul 7, 05 8:58 am  · 
 · 
Oana S.

strawberry: true! that's what makes archinect more special...
and here everyone is archinect instead of architect!

Jul 7, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 
AP

I haven't done a productive thing yet today...EST

Jul 7, 05 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
Isabelle

i think zaha hadid is super ugly and frumpy looking. oops.

Jul 7, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Murrye

confession: i love HGTV shows and secretly wish i knew how to decorate. i especially enjoy the show House Hunters. my boyfriend, who is not even in architecture, will make fun of me because they're mostly looking at suburban crappy houses. but for some reason i'm addicted. maybe i'm just fascinated by what the average person looks for in a home? how normal people perceive architecture and how it shapes their lives? ha, no, i think i just like crappy television.

Jul 7, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
AP

I watch way too much Law & Order

Jul 7, 05 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
morningbell1101

HGTV.. heh.
i actually like 'extreme home makeover'. it's actually pretty funny when you think about the fact that they are making these super specific, elaborate themed rooms for pre-teens. i'd like to be there when the novelty wears off. imagine a 18 year old gal living in a life-sized barbie dream house room. or a 20 year old guy living in a pirate themed room with a fiberglass boat bed.

you also gotta "love that 'oh my god! this room is so me! how did you know?! *sob*" free stuff brings so much joy.

Jul 7, 05 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
AP

I had an affair with Ty Pennington....AHHH!

Jul 7, 05 4:33 pm  · 
 · 

I think HdM are the best architects out there (job please), although I hate to admit they are so outdated already

Jul 7, 05 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I get sleep.

Jul 7, 05 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

i realized yesterday that i think i like shopping for clothes more than i like archtecture.

also i just got to la and ssh i like the spanish revival residential units.

Aug 25, 05 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i have been working at this new job for two weeks and already i believe the wrong decision.

Aug 25, 05 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i had the same belief once. and it was true.

Aug 25, 05 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

crap that sucks. i had that feeling once... 1 month in. it was just a matter of time.

Aug 26, 05 4:03 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

betadinesutures - 'i have been working at this new job for two weeks and already i believe the wrong decision.'

I sympathise. It's almost better to have a job that really sucks so you can have your opion on it earlier. I've been there.

Monday - Start Job
Tuesday - realise rong decision
Wednesday - hand in notice
Friday - last day in said job.

Aug 26, 05 9:02 am  · 
 · 
JordantHarris
group hug
Aug 26, 05 9:09 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell
http://www.liftport.com/research.php
Aug 26, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Sean!

i have'nt produced any work today......thanks archinect.

Aug 26, 05 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I don't recycle

Nov 3, 05 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
pia555

I don't do modern. I'm way too practical. I don't have any friends who are architects nor do I want any. Most of the ones I know have this ridiculous attiude that their better than everyone else. I never understood that. Probably because I worked my way up thru the ranks. I wasn't lucky enough to go to some expensive school and straight into office.

Nov 3, 05 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
TSCOMG

thats not really lucky- unless you consider pulling down 30k a year to start after you've racked up three times that in student debt good fortune.

Nov 3, 05 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Hey, TSCOMG. That is a very similar story to mine. Don't I know you?

Me glad me dumb.

Nov 3, 05 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
rsteath

I'm not in a rush to work.

Nov 3, 05 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
newuser

I finally decided i wanted to become an architect in art school.

Nov 3, 05 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
newuser

:-0

Nov 3, 05 11:28 pm  · 
 · 

I'm on vacation for two weeks and still can't stay away from archinect. Good one huh Paul?

Also I find myself waking up early to send emails to the office. Early so that my gf doesn't have a fit that I can't disconnect from work...for even a few weeks. sad I know

say the Georgia aQuarium, nice entry the rest sux chunks, the best thing is the school next door

Nov 4, 05 12:05 am  · 
 · 

I'm afraid the new guy is nicer than I and is going to take over from me!

Nov 4, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 
archinaut

i'm a closet smoker

Nov 4, 05 1:36 am  · 
 · 

its all good archinaut...they know that you smoke you just can't smell the remains

Nov 4, 05 10:58 am  · 
 · 
grumble

my confessions:

1. i dont wanna be an architect.....but i still try hard to.
2. i read fountainhead coz everyone at uni spoke of it....i felt left out. i skipped chapters invoving elsworth toohey.
3.i havent read any other book ever.
4.i wanna work in a super market in newzealand.
5.i love doing weed.
6. i cant decide between smart and dumb (definition for myself)
7. i had an internet bf.
8. i buy books related to architecture, very expensive ones....never read them.
9. i someday wanna figure why i wanted to study architecture.

does any one have a longer list? mine is jus half done.

Nov 4, 05 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
grumble

i hate flw. i hate all his work. i wanna give zaha a make over. badly. my thesis topic sucks. bad. phew! i feel better.

Nov 4, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
newuser

i'm a capitalist.

Nov 4, 05 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
the cellardoor whore

now you're just getting desperate to confess just about anything

Nov 5, 05 8:02 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

i'm desperate

Nov 5, 05 8:41 am  · 
 · 
meta

o love competitions but hate to see entries better than mine.

Nov 5, 05 9:19 am  · 
 · 
meta

I

Nov 5, 05 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: