Archinect
anchor

Confessions of an Architect

French

well, I guess you can consider that like some kind of proltarian form of feminine accessories. Bourgeoises are more my taste I'm afraid, I'm sorry to realize that...

Dec 9, 04 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
This would be the right tread for LeCorb to confess, but I guess it would such a stink we shuld all be happy he is just a fake and a fagot.

Dec 9, 04 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

the supermarket is more than architecture.

-d

Dec 9, 04 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

i have a whole list of confessions:

http://www.fourteensquarefeet.com/blog/archives/2004/07/confessions.htm

-n0010

Dec 9, 04 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
graspin

stephanie: "purl"...as in: necklace? sure i can show you! lol.

Dec 9, 04 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

clean up on aisle 1...

-dbomb

Dec 9, 04 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
graspin

i hate being used as a cad monkey!

Dec 10, 04 10:11 am  · 
 · 
jitter12

i shop at wal-mart

Dec 10, 04 10:21 am  · 
 · 
meversusyou

i downloaded dvd ripping software at work, and am currently condensing the godfather trilogy onto one dvd while i pretend to work but actually am typing away here... i am sooo fired.

Dec 10, 04 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I like CAD.

Dec 10, 04 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
graspin

i like microstation.

Dec 10, 04 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Colm

My senior associate donated his entire library to the firm. I was assigned the task of preliminary sorting before the librarian gets to cataloging it. I find, and this is NOT a joke, a copy of playboy. So my confession and DUTY as an Anarch-inect: Head to the mag shop for more skin mags to plant in the books for the librarian to 'find'. Small price to pay for a life time of laughs.

Dec 12, 04 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
msingstudio

archinect the great

Dec 13, 04 6:37 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

my treat whenever i go to florida is to go out for chinese buffet then to Target

Dec 13, 04 6:56 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

graspin;

Main Entry: 1purl
Pronunciation: 'p&r(-&)l
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English
1 : gold or silver thread or wire for embroidering or edging
2 : the intertwisting of thread that knots a stitch usually along an edge
3 : PURL STITCH

Per it's faggot not fagot unless of course you meant this you nitwit;

Main Entry: 1fag·ot
Variant(s): or fag·got /'fa-g&t/
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English fagot, from Middle French
: BUNDLE: as a : a bundle of sticks b : a bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be shaped by rolling or hammering at high temperature

Walmart? Are you sure you want to confess that?

Dec 13, 04 7:52 am  · 
 · 
graspin

come on...let me have my fun!

Dec 13, 04 7:55 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i know, i know....it's that Per guy and his non-sequitors...

Dec 13, 04 7:57 am  · 
 · 
graspin

my office is boring...i come here looking fro friends!

Dec 14, 04 9:07 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

my office is really boring as well. thank god for archinect so i know all architects aren't stiffs

Dec 14, 04 11:46 am  · 
 · 
graspin

...SO TRUE! like, why do 'architects' lack style and personality?
i mean, everyone is soooo boring? granted, this is not all offices, but sometimes i think i'm the only one who dresses with flair, designs with a flair, interacts with flair...i'm the non-stiff here!
i'm just glad that there are more of you out there...
maybe i need a new sceen? a fresh change....hmmmm...

Dec 14, 04 11:54 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

1. I don't care for menthol cigarettes.
2. Because they are rich and smart and read books, my clients know more cool architect stuff than me.
3. I don't have any idea what other people are thinking about.

Dec 14, 04 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
A

Gotta confess that I just spent the entire morning emailing friends back and forth while my cad tech did wall sections for me.

Dec 14, 04 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

thats what they get paid for, you are just helping them earn their money

Dec 14, 04 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
Tom Denney

For Studio 201 we are learning details this year and our subject matter has been a brick house. The final drawing is est. at 100-120 hours for the plan wich includes the brick floor along with all the mortar joints at 1/2" scale hand drafted. After spending aprox 80 hours i couldn't do it anymore and missed the first deadline of friday midnight. My neck is still in so much pain from leaning down and looking at all the little lines I still couldn't finish it today by 2pm for the second deadline. And now I have other finals to study for like Structures, The Dwelling, and intro to AutoCAD. I'm not sure if I should feel like I've been broken or if it is just my body revolting against the work load. I feel weak and disheartened.

Dec 14, 04 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

next time, don't draw all the joint lines

Dec 14, 04 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
Tom Denney

it was required.

Dec 14, 04 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

does it look good?

Dec 14, 04 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
Tom Denney

by the time it's done it will probably be the best drawing I've produced in school.

Dec 14, 04 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

everyone seems to know what i am thinking about

Dec 14, 04 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
architext

I,

don't have an architecture degree

DID,

pass the ARE

AM,

licensed in ten states

DO,

make an excellent living

it only took hard work, dedication, long hours and about 30 years to get here...

next life around I believe I'll get a degree FIRST

Dec 14, 04 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi

Betadinesutures thanks for the spelling correction.

Dec 15, 04 5:53 am  · 
 · 
graspin

i think architects are assholes!

Dec 15, 04 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

i am getting fat

Dec 15, 04 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
shoja310

I rent a apt in Manhattan.
I own a condo in Brentwood.
I co-own a beach club in Marbaya.
I have sex everyday.

But, I'm not licenced.
The horror makes me pale.

Dec 15, 04 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

You forgot to mention your subscription to Dwell Magazine.

Dec 15, 04 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

i know what i have to do in the profession to make money - but i wont do it, i can't do it, I fear losing my soul and my place in heaven (the trendy soho section where corb, bachleard (both), and picasso live).

Dec 16, 04 6:56 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Sorry but there are some problems reading the site ; I alway's liked the flash like speed and the graphic aproach of many architecture and design sites ,those where making a site is more than just plain HTML.
Still I also every time I visit one of these sites blame the designer that the print is so small that you get a bit confused when parts of the screen suddenly change and within an even smaller text you must find the links that acturly respond. -------- I don't know if you se my point, but I realy fancy smart pages and the way web tools can be used it look better and the speed is good but to often it is a try and check ,it is often difficult to navigate and if you are looking for somthing particular it can be frustrating to wander thru exotic new gimmicks ( even some of them can be quite exiting ) .
Get my point -------- fact is that people older than 40 simply need glasses and if the text and background plus a flashing picture is what you se when you are looking for a menu, you are left with a sense that it is bad that the designer don't think just a bit about that somone without knowing anything, must find a way find some pictures ,but often the graphics are hidden among links you don't intend to read.

Dec 16, 04 7:00 am  · 
 · 
graspin

...i think i'm going to leave the architectural profession for business school this fall.
i get so depressed some days at work, and i find my concentration is fading every day...
i'm just not having fun anymore...and i'm only 29!

Dec 16, 04 7:20 am  · 
 · 
melivt

i would give my left testical to work in europe the rest of my life. specifically, at herzog + de meuron or oma.

it's worthless anyway (the nut), as i played in the rain right after chernobyl. no. seriously.

Dec 17, 04 7:25 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

graspin - business school will be worse. I'm from a family of bankers and MBAs - I chose architecture because everyone looked so unhappy trudging to work then coming home tired. With architecture you sometimes don't come home - so I think its a little better...i think.

Dec 17, 04 8:09 am  · 
 · 
graspin

i'm bitter!

Dec 17, 04 8:18 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

graspin,
what you (immediately) need is a woman who is a sex bomb, a better job or your own job, and in the mean time take some darvocet..
quit being bitter. it is not cool or attractive after a while, nor productive. a healthy dose of angst is okay. do like i say :) because i am older than you and went thru quitting architecture for several years. when i came back , i was not bitter but more thoughtful and calmer. and more comfortable with myself. if you don't have the money to quit, like i didn't, it is still possible if you take construction jobs and do physical labor. upper crust babes will love the roark and you will be happy and content. if you still love architecture you will come back and do good work for yourself and others.
otherwise, go fuck yourself being a futures broker asking people to buy into heating oil before the winter hits. :)<

Dec 18, 04 12:30 am  · 
 · 
setsquareboy

i once made sweet love in the CNC room at the university of british columbia.
i think the vibrations off the 3-axis machine made me the don!
i strongly recommend this to anyone travelling through vancouver.

Dec 20, 04 8:54 am  · 
 · 
graspin

abracadabra:
i agree...and to tell ya the truth, i'm not that bitter. i only use this forum as a tool for venting.
that said, my friends would mock me if they found out i was this sad about life. i put on a brave face most of the time, with a smile to mask all of my hurt. but i find this place a good way to receive free therapy...lol.
i wish i had my lady back...i wish i had a better job...but when i wake up, i realize that my life isn't that bad, and every day it gets better. but thanks.
ps...a few 'sex bombs' hit on me large friday night...but my mind is with the 'lady friend'. thats love.

Dec 20, 04 8:58 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

i have to choose between architecture and love - and i don't think i'm giving love a fighting chance (again)

Dec 20, 04 11:22 am  · 
 · 
nihceee

i confess : i read archinect but i never post.

Dec 20, 04 11:36 am  · 
 · 
setsquareboy

i told a girl this weekend (at a bar in toronto) that i had the winning design for the new world trade towers in New York, but lost the commision due to political pressure/governmental influence that they wanted 'an american' to be the lead...lol.

this chick ate it up!

so my confession is this: i use architecture to get laid!

Dec 20, 04 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
setsquareboy

..and thats about all it's good for!

Dec 20, 04 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

use your superpowers for the good of mankind, didnt you learn anything from superman 4?

Dec 20, 04 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
setsquareboy

dude, this was for the good of mankind!!!

if it wasn't me, it probably would have been some guy that wouldn't respect her in the morning...

Dec 20, 04 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: