Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

According to Penn & Teller

60 million for 700 miles of fencing (approx 86K per mile)

May 3, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 

i just connect the dots, adding my commentary when it hits me

is it summer yet?

May 3, 07 12:37 am  · 
 · 
myriam

?

them's harsh words for TC. play nice everyone!

i just watched THIS IS SPINAL TAP with some wine and some good company. mmmmm....

May 3, 07 12:50 am  · 
 · 
myriam

oh, meant to put that after mdler's last comment

May 3, 07 12:50 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

myriam..it's a line from the big lebowski.

May 3, 07 1:03 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

funny, i don't remember a character named architechnophilia...maybe i was getting a beer during that scene.

May 3, 07 1:08 am  · 
 · 

mighty just gave me the chuckles

May 3, 07 1:18 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

they're not as contagious as the pox that's spreading across the front page.

May 3, 07 1:21 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

mdler can get you a toe too.

May 3, 07 8:25 am  · 
 · 
snooker

corb on a cob

May 3, 07 9:34 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

like those birds at that place; i love it when March threads start to die down...

May 3, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Stourley- Slow day at the office?

May 3, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

like the salmon of Capistrano

May 3, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 

finally I see the throbbing aesterics...glowing like a bad hangover - nice!
techno coming down from a sugar/caffeine high, I think i'll buy a pack of fags and work some sexy tonight (3 projects 3 days...can be done)

May 3, 07 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

I would like those red asterisks except they're on none of my threads. Rightly so, but still... I feel left out.

techno, why is it deadlines always fall on one day? I always like the day after all those deadlines when you feel calm and content yet still there is that feeling of unease because there is absolutely nothing to do all of a sudden.

May 3, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

oh, good luck.

May 3, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

She Fell In Love With A Mdler (sung to Wilco's Heavy Metal Drummer)

Oh I sincerely miss those archinect threads
I used to like to read and comment on last summer.
She fell in love with the Mdler
She fell in love

A lot of threads hijacked as they talk to one another
i expected so much more, but i just want to smother.
She fell in love with the mdler
Another then another
She fell in love

I miss the intelligence I've known
Posting GarwondLer beautiful and stoned

Turn off my computer and maybe read a book
Drink some red wine, and maybe get a life.
Classical music no reason to go online.

Oh I sincerely miss those archinect threads
I used to like to read and comment on last the summer
She fell in love

I miss the threads I have known
Now Mdler and Kristin can go about it alone.

I miss the threads I have known
Now Mdler and Kristin can go about it alone.

I miss the Archinect I've known. Screw it
I think I'll just get stoned.

May 3, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
e

a little gem on the design observer Teddy Blanks: Small Potatoes

Bag of Cape Cod Potato Chips and contents: whole potato & soggy, unsalted chips, purchased 4/11/07.

May 3, 07 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
e

hmm, this link should work better
http://www.designobserver.com/archives/024674.html#more

May 3, 07 7:15 pm  · 
 · 

At least you know the chips are made with real potatoes...

May 3, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

For the urban design/pedestrian street issues fans Geoff has an amazing write-up and dream vision on BLDGBLOG.

May 3, 07 11:32 pm  · 
 · 

thanks phil... I'm callin it an early night to start fresh tomorrow. Pondering doing sketch designs before seeing the site - the shock and horror I know.

More tomorrow

May 4, 07 12:43 am  · 
 · 

thanks for the link, lb. i would've missed that one and it's a good one. geoff is brilliant and honest and ... thinking! not just commenting/reacting (like this) but focusing on a question, on what bugs him about it, and making some creative/synthetic leaps that get him somewhere.

geoff for president!

May 4, 07 7:36 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I have a slight problem.....see, I know that I am going to grad school in the fall but my coworkers do not......so I'm becoming a bit more brazen at work....I've always been one to speak my mind, but my filter is slowly eroding.

Anyway, I just put an older coworker in their place. They have less experience than me so somebody had to. I basically had to say, "if we followed the code the way that you are saying we should, we wouldn't be able to build anything, ever. It's fine, leave it alone." And I walked away. You might as well have added "you idiot" to the end of that sentence, because that's how it came out....

I feel a little bit bad.

May 4, 07 10:43 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

you'll take one

May 4, 07 10:45 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

you'll take one

May 4, 07 10:46 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wha? Did someone hijack puddles' account?

May 4, 07 10:54 am  · 
 · 
AP

white elephant gift?

dubK, i think it's great that you speak your mind, and in this case held your ground brazenly. don't feel bad, so long as you are a generally kind person (as you seem to be) it's fine to hold your positions strongly and shoot down idiots when needed.

more power to you!

(greetings from Boston everyone)...

May 4, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks AP. I actually invited said coworker to come to see Spider-Man 3 with me tonight, and she's coming. Yay for healthy discourse.

How's Boston?

May 4, 07 11:45 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

dubk, i'll help the whole "when to tell work" thing and email them right now letting them know you're in grad school.

May 4, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 

tumbles- if it weren't locked up there, I wouldn't have ever clicked on it. Putting it at the top at least lets people know that it's the administration doing it, and not another thread created *by* you two.

My office seems to be on 'implode' mode as well. Two of our project managers are getting married and going on a month-long honeymoon. A couple months ago we lost our CAD administrator and a junior level person, a couple of weeks ago our receptionist, in june we lose a mid-level person, in september I'm leaving. This feels like a lot of turnover for a 15 person firm.

May 4, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

tumbleweed, I appreciate your many insightful, helpful, and kind comments.

It's a bizarre situation.

May 4, 07 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

another note, going to see Bright Eyes in London this July...I know it's a ways away, but he has two shows in a row, and I think they may already be sold out (other affiliated sites with the venue already state that he is). After the conversion from £ to $, the ticket price was a bit high, but oh well, IT'S BRIGHT EYES!

Off to Edinburgh in a few hours, exciting times. lb, I'll leave it in good shape for you. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Which reminds me, I spent the last 2 days imbedding flash code into my site (never used flash before) so that my pictures would work with in the overall context. If you guys wouldn't mind taking a look and letting me know what you think (AndrewTRoberts). Just click photography or trips. The trips only has 2 from 2007 (Venice and Milan) which many of you may have seen already, I'm slowly getting up all my trips for view. Interested in how you guys perceive the new flash format within the html design.

My scalp is uncontrollably twitching again, I must be stressed.

May 4, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hi tumbles!

May 4, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes, my friend john devlin was banned. they wrote a song about it.

May 4, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

SBD- maybe it's just cold?

tumb- take an active role in your thread! go in there and defend your actions, apologize, whatever you feel is appropriate. You are still a member of this community and your vote counts as much as any....

May 4, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

cold? you mean in reference to my twitching? It was rather warm today, and work is stressing me out plus the knowledge of having to get up at 2am to catch my flight.

May 4, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Someone else was banned, too - DJ? DJ Space? I remember a comment about "You will be banned to DJ space".

Ah, archinect lore. I'm such a damn old fart.

May 4, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

yeah SBD, I seem to remember from pictures that your scalp has significantly less protection from the elements than many. Maybe I thought cold because its been snowing here all morning.

May 4, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

A small rant:

I identify myself as a Christian, yet it actually embarrasses me to admit I am a resident of a state with this license plate:

Recently approved by the legislature and now being seen on cars all over the city. To subdue the rage I feel when I see one of these plates (rage that arises because they spent weeks and weeks debating this plate and there are so many more important issues for elected officials to be dealing with: for example, one child a WEEK dies in Indiana as a result of abuse or neglect. So if they argued this plate for three weeks, what did they do in that time to make legislation that could have saved those three children? Nothing. Fucking scumbag politicians oops here comes that rage boiling up again let me end this digression...) ...to subdue my rage I've been sort of cataloging what lousy drivers the bearers of these plates tend to be.

Did God tell that woman to pull out right in front of me then run a stop sign without signaling this morning? Or did she just trust that God would protect her (and screw the God-plate-less heathens who might get hurt by his actions) while she did it?

I'm growing to really despise Indiana. My days here may be numbered.

May 4, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

don't worry about it lb, you're awesome!

May 4, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
PostDepot

48 votes for another chance + 34 for not ban vs 39 ban votes

so that makes it 82 not ban vs. 39 ban + couple of individual beef.

It is pretty much not ban them.

May 4, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

tumbles, I think you'd get by with it even more easily if you said "thank Raegen". That man is fucking worshipped out here.

May 4, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

Per Correll, the original Fancy Graphics Lover and inventor of a mysterious architectural style called the 3D Honeycomb. He was banned for posting images as thread titles I believe and over-saturating archinect with 3DH. He came back, slightly humbled, as vinpust.

May 4, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

theres a lawsuit about that plate. not the god part, but the fact that it doesnt cost anything extra.

May 4, 07 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

shall someone revive a per post?

May 4, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

One of the barristas at my local cafe was given a car by her parents, it had that plate on it. A few days later the text was mysteriously covered up with black electrical tape...

And continuing the banning lore, our beloved john devlin was also banned. This was sad, as he brought so much love and connection to the site. I don't think vado and I would have met if not for john devlin starting the 'looks like" thread.

May 4, 07 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

wait, how was it that John Devlin got banned, but La Torpille Rose (sp?) didn't?

May 4, 07 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

yeah...i think that was december (the 9th?) of 2005 when per posted some kind of animated gif graphics in the thread title and royally jammed up the discussion forums...oh that was funny

May 4, 07 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

liberty change one letter on that plate and you could trust the real me.

May 4, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: