Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

liberty bell

Chocolate is a food apart:

Chocolate contains over 300 chemicals. For example, PEA, or phenylethylamine, is found in chocolate. This amphetamine relative is said by some scientists to raise blood glucose levels, giving people a sense of wakefulness and general well-being. Others will tell you that PEA is the same chemical released by the brain when people are in love, producing a feeling of mild elation and idealism. Another theory suggests that eating chocolate causes a release in the brain of b-endorphin, an opioid-related substance that may reduce tension and elevate mood. Still others maintain that chemicals in chocolate affiliated with brain lipids called anandamides may combine with other chocolate components, such as theobromine (akin to caffeine), to produce a temporary sensation of euphoria. Sweet Emotion, by Stephanie Zonis

I get super dark chocolate and eat just a wee bit of it after dinner. They also tell pregnant women that a chocolate craving is most likely an indicator of your body wanting more protein.

The chocolatier in Reading Terminal Market made chocolate-covered potato chips. Yum.

Apr 30, 07 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

My friends in the real-world are tired of my speil about chocolate. because I believe chemically men can't taste 1/2 of what makes chocolate good...so when i woman talks about how radiant she feels after one bite we go "duh"

and its more than men seeing square rooms and women circular rooms (elizabethtown)

Apr 30, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

I don't drink sodas. If I do its usually because there isn't anything else, or I have a sore throat...seeking to aleviate the discomfort with the bubbles going down.

puddles where you at?

I do have loads of cavities but not because of sweets or an affliction to sugar which I rarely have. I just have soft teeth...and that is a bigger cause of cavities (particular in countries that have national vaccinations for tb, polio, hepb, etc etc)

Apr 30, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Coke, Coca Cola Coke, is good for digesting grease. That's why we always have it when eating Mexican Food.

Not sure what that means for the body, though.

Apr 30, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
n_

WonderK - I have a serious affinity for bacon, too. As a matter of fact, my little work space has a bacon air freshner (mmm, mmm, good) and my desk has a well-packaged box of bacon band-aids for any of my x-acto mishaps.

Apr 30, 07 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

tumbles

you could wrap that around a weiner and be in business

Apr 30, 07 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

anyone remember the movie teen witch?

Apr 30, 07 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

HOLY SHIT! YOU CAN WATCH THE WHOLE MOVIE ON YOUTUBE! I CAN'T STOP WATCHING.

here's the first part

Apr 30, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

i just met treekiller in person as we talked for an 1.5 hour in my office and had coffee.
he is as sharp as he writes here and fun to talk to.

Apr 30, 07 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
e

ha, nice ark there wonder k. i had heard about that one awhile ago. what a nut.

Apr 30, 07 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

rationalist, your weight loss (or should I call it : "Get Nutritional!") plan sounds perfect, and in fact you have inspired me to do something similar. Thanks!

As for coke... I was gonna say the same thing, that whenever you see someone who drinks Diet Coke all day long, they're overweight. Hands down. Show me a single person who drinks Diet Coke as a staple who isn't overweight... it's not diet, it's lethal.

Did anyone else catch SuperSize Me last night on TV? One of the most fascinating things about that guy's experiment is that, once he got past day 3 of eating nothing but McDonald's (on which he threw up), he actually began to crave MacDo between MacDo meals! 3x a day he ate it, and eating it that much did nothing but make him want it more. He started eating it more of it each time he went, and found himself wanting to pull over early and eat it ahead of schedule, he wanted it so bad.

Interesting, huh?

Apr 30, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
e

i drink diet coke all day, and i'm not overweight. i'm also a type I diabetic though.

Apr 30, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

sounds like an addiction...secret seasoning

Apr 30, 07 7:42 pm  · 
 · 

My mom drinks it, and she's not overweight anymore. She used to be, but she got pretty skinny when she was living overseas, and hasn't gained much of it back so far.

Unexpected side effect: presence of cake seems to have caused this incredible need to go to the gym. My skin just ITCHES with it. I was planning to do grocery shopping tonight instead, but I'm going to skip it and work out instead. Ha, take THAT Crystal Light!

Apr 30, 07 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
n_

tumbles, that's what i have! yes, those! they are amazing! and, unfortunately, not scented.

Apr 30, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

SBD, seriously, what is the matter with you!??! I'm so embarrassed. There was already at least one thread with my name on it that you could have used.

I'm making that sheepish grin right now! Humph.

Heroes is coming on! Woo hoo!

Apr 30, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm taking another break. See you guys later.

Thanks, head.

Apr 30, 07 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

architechno, I'm totally on board with your theory on men and chocolate.

Orhan, wish I could have been there for the meeting of the minds. Cool.

Apr 30, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 

message to all: stop scaring off WonderK!!!

In more general terms, I feel it's appropriate to remind everyone that it is entirely inappropriate to out someone online. Many of us may know each other in real life now, but these things stay out there in cyber-space for god knows how long, and there may be a time or multiple times when we or you really, really wish you hadn't done so.

Apr 30, 07 10:56 pm  · 
 · 

great lb so when i do the world wide testing for my theory you can assist and be a guinea pig>> ie. eat copious amounts of chocolate for science of course

Apr 30, 07 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I'm back (we landed between lightning bolts this evening)! I'll catch up on tc later this week, but wanted to give Orhan a shout out for being a great conversationalist this morning. Already missing the beach and freeway life...

LB, someday I'll be driving east and happen to be in your adopted home state...

Apr 30, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 

I think I need to make a trip out to LA...everyone else seems to be having the fun.

Hmm maybe I should, who wants to play tour guide or at least offer suggests on location, sites of interests, modes of transportation (since LA is such a car town)

Apr 30, 07 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

lb, as if the waterfront exhibit (over today) and all the other louisville attractions (i think something's happening this weekend...) weren't enough, there's a new nothing-but-chocolate store that just opened about a block from my house.

May 1, 07 7:41 am  · 
 · 

and, sorry, i didn't realize i was taking the top of:

May 1, 07 7:43 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

on hold with the structural engineer. billy squiere's "Stroke Me" is playing.

May 1, 07 9:09 am  · 
 · 

its funny how fast TC grows...its this uncontrolled beast that is yet not wild or dangerous. Hmmm

May 1, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm losing it: I just typed "Pella Archinect Series windows" in the Google search box.

May 2, 07 10:19 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I would think that would be better than typing Marvin Archinect Series windows.

May 2, 07 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

weird, I thought it went Marvin > Pella > Anderson (lowest of the low) in terms of order of quality of pre-made windows?

May 2, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

whoa. Is anyone else seeing stars on the forum? Or did I get hit in the head???

May 2, 07 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I think Archinect got a case of Herpes. Little red bumps are popping up all over!

May 2, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

trying out a new concept of highlighting threads that are worth checking out.

May 2, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

thread star nominations welcome.

May 2, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

Interesting... Maybe little red flags for the threads that are full of rubbish or have been hijacked...

May 2, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Or a scull and crossbones.

May 2, 07 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

obviously I should of had coffee this morning because I missed ALL of that.

May 2, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Chili you beat me to it - I was going to say chicken pox.

May 2, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Yes but then we would all have chicken pox. Now only the people who have sex with archinect will get the outbreak. Watchout mdler!

May 2, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
French

thank god there is thread central, I thought I had one of these viruses or something... wait, what is chicken pox exactly?

May 2, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

MYRIAM Andersen bought Eagle Windows so they could go head to head with Marvin. Only thing is they haven't offered to fly me out to the sticks in their Coporate Jet like Marvin does every couple of years.

May 2, 07 7:34 pm  · 
 · 

OMG, how is it that I just came on here and saw you guys discussing chicken pox?

'Crystal Light' just announced that she thinks she has the chicken pox. Yet she does not appear to be going home... who does that?

And more importantly, do you think she's just saying it for attention, and got the idea from archinect???

May 2, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

hey tumbles...you can work for me

May 2, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

btw, what is a Corb?

May 2, 07 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Mies, the farting dog???

May 2, 07 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i am the walrus...

May 2, 07 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

mdler + tumbles keep teasing us, daring Paul to strike

I'm not sure who I prefer anymore, them or per/vindust?

May 2, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

shut the fuck up, architechnophilia

you are out of your element

May 2, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

vindpust is pretty funny these days. I love it when he gets upset because he wants his name back.

May 2, 07 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

don't fight youre both pretty.

May 2, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

are the thread stars related to the death star, perchance?

May 3, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: