Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

vado retro

just picked up wilco tix for a show at the loverly murat theatre...

Apr 24, 07 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

And I was really looking forward to a Myriam vs. Mdlerweed smackdown.

Apr 24, 07 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I don't know who you are, here's your sign. Since everyone changed their names I got totally lost, and now I can't who I like and who annoys the fuck out of me anymore!

Makes it harder to tell which threads to peek into when you don't have much time, that's for sure. I wish there was some kind of key to archinect users or something... like where did namby go? Did she turn into someone else? I'm lost. The only one I know for sure is Stourley...I'm on to him, that squirrely northern mofo.

Anyway no, no smackdown. Out of respect for the size of mdler's trunk, i'm staying out of it. Plus I'm sticking to Architectural Topics lately.

Apr 24, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

vado, you lucky bastard...

i've preordered the new CD... t-minus 3 weeks and counting...

don't think that i'll be able to catch them anywhere on this leg of the tour... atlanta is the closest and i already have plans during that week...

although i did catch them at the auditorium theatre in chicago last thanksgiving which was pretty sweet...

Apr 24, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Not a name changer, just a fan of your profanity laced invective against stupidity.

Apr 24, 07 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

well said h y s, that would qualify myriam as a prime smacker-downer of the myspace-invasion of archinect. BOTS would prolly do a good job too, or diabase

Apr 24, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i was surprised there were still tickets available as they sell out in five minutes in chicago a gogo.

Apr 24, 07 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Wow, the discussion forum is now sorted by topic as a default. Nice. Can you put it back now?

Apr 24, 07 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

there's a "Click here to view all categories simultaneously" link at the top if you want to keep it old school. you might want to bookmark it if you prefer it that way.

Apr 24, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Woohoo!!! With only five threads in the "General Discussion" area we're going to have to chatter a lot more to keep Thread Central on the first page!!

Apr 24, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Thanks Paul. This should help most discern relevant threads from the usual banter. I, personally, will be kickin' it ol' skool.

Apr 24, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wait...Chili and I just posted but I don't see TC on the first page...

Apr 24, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 

think of this new version as the love child of mdler and tumbleweed...
without them it probably would have never been conceived!

Apr 24, 07 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wait...where is TC? I'm on it but I don't see it (and I'm racing to 5,000 so what the hell, I'll keep posting til I figure it out...)

Apr 24, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 

liberty bell - you can see thread central here:
http://www.archinect.com/forum/

or here:
http://www.archinect.com/forum/index.php?id=C0_162_42

the new forum index, however, only shows the latest 5 threads that have been started in each category. to see the threads listed by latest comment you must enter that categories section, or view the forum in old school format.

Apr 24, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm lost, so confused....TC exists in a parallel universe. Or it just IS the ether from which the archinect universe is made, thus you can't see it but it's all around you?

Apr 24, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Aaaah, I see. Last five threads CREATED not commented on.

There's a little learning curve here obviously. And with that I have to run, so I'll stop at 4,999 and wait for something good to say for 5,000!

Apr 24, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

lb, how 'bout that big announcement regarding your hubby for #5000???

Apr 24, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Whoa. The change happened while I was posting. How funny.

"think of this new version as the love child of mdler and tumbleweed... without them it probably would have never been conceived!"

Unfortunate that it had to come to that, but thank you Paul, aka big green floating head. ;o)

Apr 24, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

My only complaint is that the school blogs are now near the bottom of the discussions page, as opposed to right at the top previously.

Apr 24, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

The forum looks the same to me. Maybe that's because I have the forum page, and not the main archinect page, bookmarked.

Apr 24, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wtf it took me ten minutes to find thread central. me no likey.

Apr 24, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the truth is i tend to look for certain people who make comments i want to read, rather than specific topics.

Apr 24, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Here's the bookmark I use for the "classic" view:

http://archinect.com/forum/

Apr 24, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

I like the idea of sorting by category, but I would prefer it cared about the last comment posted instead of the last thread posted.

Apr 24, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i got a thumbs up from some dudes sittin outside at the olde point tavern while i waited at the light with wilco blaring!

Apr 24, 07 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdlerweed

I always get thumbs up from dudes at the tavern!

Apr 24, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 

I'll nominate LB's 5kth for TC's 10kth.

Paul- nice to see archinect 3.0 rolled out.

Any plans for an events/calender page?

Apr 24, 07 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

we might have to increase the chatter to get Thread central to 10K, and I'm not sure any of us, especially me, can go that long without her input.

Apr 24, 07 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

BTW thanks Paul for the changes, albeit we are always skeptical of adjustments on archinect ahh I remember 2.0 and the disruptions - but with time we all love it more.

thanks Big Brother aka floating green head

Apr 24, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

wow, what a bad time for me to pick to make a new post.

lb, your 5000th can be on my post!! me me me!!!

Apr 24, 07 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

oh shit, totally missed a chance to do this:

WOOO!!!! '92 HAS ARRIVED!!!!!

Apr 24, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Also, I respectfully agree with whomever about the schoolblogs--put 'em back at the top, and I'll be all set!

Apr 24, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 
aml

er... did paul just change it so that it now shows most recently commented? [instead of most recently posted] i think he did. wow, that's like, instant feedback/response.

Apr 24, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Yeah, it's at the top now. Pretty cool. I'd maybe increase it to 10 thread titles, though. (please, big green floating head?)

Apr 24, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
aml

ah, wait. sorry, my bad. there's a section of most recently commented. ok. sorry thread central, carry on.

Apr 24, 07 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
aml

ok. only the most recently commented lists most recent comments. the other sections seem to list the most recently posted. along with the poster [not the 'commentator']. sorry, i feel like i'm learning to drive or something.

Apr 24, 07 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Not sure how we do it but we always seem to hit milestones in groups.....I'll have to catch up so I can flip my odometer with myriam and lb.....

Yay!

Apr 24, 07 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Aw crap I blew my 5000 on the repub/dem thread. Forgot.

Hang on a minute, i have to find a link then I'll post my announcement.

Apr 24, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 

for the record, these changes are just a fix to the current version of archinect. this is not a new version of archinect or archinect v3.0.

the next version of archinect will present much bigger changes and much better functionality.

Apr 24, 07 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

We've known for three weeks now (and I'm baaaad at keeping secrets) that Brian is one of five recipients of a Efroymson Contemporary Arts Fellowship. Tonight was the reception announcing the recipients. I am feeling quite celebratory drank quite a bit of wine.

So now he can quit his day job at the body shop (in August) and spend the next nine months to a year teaching one class in Chicago and otherwise working on his own art. You can't believe how happy this makes me. He's hardly had the chance to make art in the two years since we've moved hear as he's been working so hard supporting me in my little firm endeavor. Fall semester should be a happy, happy time. And the grant is already opening doors to galleries, public commissions, etc.

This grant seems like redemption for all the times he's been given a $500 stipend to make a sculpture and ended up spending $3,000 doing it because he wanted to/HAD to "do it right". All of us in creative fields know that we have this burning fire to approach certain things in ways that ring true. For everyone starting grad school or struggling with the school/practice disconnect, bear in mind that it can take a long, long time for things to start to happen. Just keep working hard and pursuing what you feel, eventually small good events will start to happen and slowly snowball. And when that great opportunity comes along, grab it and make the most of it.

Apr 24, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Hooray!!!

Apr 24, 07 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado I'm sorry I didn't call you back today - been crazy what with the reception and the trip to the statehouse. I'll talk to you tomorrow? Good job on the Wilco ticket - or did you say ticketS - who are ya takin'? :-)

Apr 24, 07 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

YAY! So many good things. Congratulations liberty bell and mr. bell, aka Brian.

(On a side note, I have seen his stuff in person and it is wicked great.)

I would love to be able to buy one of his pieces some day. I will have to keep working hard like you said.... :o/

I love buying art. I haven't gotten to do a lot of it yet, but it feels so good when I do. A couple of years ago I went to a fund raiser for an organization in Cleveland and it was a silent auction. There was this abstract, geometrical model made out of some rigid material and sprayed with texture and then painted green (ahem). Well it was only $30 and I thought to myself, "I know the person who made this. It was me or my studio-mates or the guy down the hall, and I know it took more than $30 worth of labor to put this together." So I bought it. I have to keep it in the corner though or else people will poke their eye out, lol.

Apr 24, 07 10:15 pm  · 
 · 

congratulations to brian and the whole clan. beautiful.

Apr 24, 07 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

That's okay LB. Sounds like a busy busy day and a great one.

Apr 24, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

lb....I have been reading while in flight.."The Genius in the Design" by jake morrissey. I is a book written about the aspect of two scuptors/architects Bernini & Borromini. The basics of the book deals with the struggles of design, " With the Vatican Overlooking Every Move," Yet it is our struggles as artist and architect of today.
My best wishes for both of you, in a very big way!....."Dance in the light, and send rays of light for those to follow."

Apr 24, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thanks everyone.

I am laughing my ass off (and not only due to wine consumption) at abra/Orhan's comments here. Oh my god, abra, you are brilliant and hilarious!

Apr 24, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

myriam, did you start a thread? I can't find it....

Apr 24, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey i wonder if that bianchi chick is the daughter of this bianchi girl i went out with a couple of times when i lived in boston at the turn of the 80's. she was a 440 southern newjersey track star and only had one kidney. the rest of her was pretty fine however. she said my song lyrics were nihilistic and that i was too materialistic.

Apr 24, 07 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: