Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Sarah Hamilton

But you're right, it does look sorta strange. The thickness of the title worked as a divider between the blogs and discusions.

Mar 27, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
aml

if i can just knock on thread central's door for a bit...

sarah: you can post, but even better, you can now go read and comment here:

virtual activism

Mar 27, 07 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

mdler did u get fired? i see your firm is hiring. fyi they are a friend of mine on myspace.

Mar 27, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

late nights - makes most bad music seem like an "old hit"

Mar 27, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP

efram jr. is my new favorite trouble maker. hilarious.

Mar 27, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

just went to a focus group for a local art center. it was arranged by a couple of grad students doing some sort of masters in nonprofit management. it was quite fun to talk about why we all go out to art openings. what we look for in art and the experience etc. they all loved my architecture sucks shirt.

Mar 27, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 

update for my friends on TC: I just got into UW! And they gave me enough $$$ that I think I can actually swing this grad school thing!

Mar 27, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Fantastic, rationalist. Congratulations!

vado I'm glad you did the focus group. But I can't believe you wore that shirt!! hahahahaha

Mar 27, 07 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes congrats rationalist. it was quite interesting lb. several of the participants had studios at the harrison center and were quite different in their views about the place. they have started having music there and one guy was upset cuz his studio was next to the stage and was bitching about punk rock night. another artist wasn't totally sold on the idea that just because a bunch of people come through her studio and drink her wine classifies as community support. i believe that there are people in indy who want to support whats going on and it makes them feel like they are contributing to a community. god its gorgeous tonite!!!

Mar 27, 07 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh and another thing. somebody said they went over to that depauw show on sunday too!!!

Mar 27, 07 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
AP

rationalist, that's awesome. super congrats. does Seattle's proximity to SoCal appeal to you? or did you want to move across the country?

i'm very happy for you. great great news.

Mar 27, 07 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

congrats, of course, to rationalist on this thread too. I forgot to tell you guys that I got into CMU yesterday. So that's nice even though I probably won't go there. Anyway, I would ask you all to raise a glass in cheers for us all - as I am doing right now - but keep your fingers crossed that they give me more money so I can actually go to school!

Woo Tuesday.

Mar 27, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Concrete Masonry University???

Mar 27, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks all. AP- nope, I wanted to move. They were actually the last school I added to my list, but it turns out that the program's strengths suit me very well, so Seattle will have to be far enough away for me. Ooh, and they have a month-long program in Rome before the second year, so that's a bit of an extra boost in the location area.

Mar 27, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

i'm looking at the vast emptiness of the Thread Central and for once its leaving me blank.

I am unsure about all the grad school excitment going on or people wearing their "architecture sucks" t-shirts (mine is in Monty) or folks going on blind dates | job interviews.

Have I finally become my biggest worry....a potato with or without an e?

Mar 27, 07 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i say po-tot-oh

Mar 27, 07 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

dubk, you're going to Bartlett?

Mar 27, 07 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

no, Stourley. Probably USC! They have a 2-year program (CMU and Bartlett are only one year), and frankly the opportunity there is far better. They are giving me lots of money and I could go to China to do research for free. Plus they have amazing facilities, I can get a certificate in another subject, and I can use a scooter! And I have a built-in support network there already....

Wow. This is a crazy night.

Mar 27, 07 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you could do research on brunch in l.a.

Mar 27, 07 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh vado....

I will DEFINITELY be doing research on brunch in LA. As always, everyone is invited.

Mar 27, 07 10:59 pm  · 
 · 

ahhh but what kind of scooter is the real question

i've been having dreams about honda 50s

Mar 27, 07 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

ooh la la...i'm still alive...la la la

Mar 28, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

dubk and i guess the sun, surf, and half-naked men won't hurt either? just go through your earthquake/mud slide/drought/brush fire training guides before you head off. stay away from frats and football games!

Mar 28, 07 9:30 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

This is correct. Especially the half-naked men part. Also I am fascinated with natural disasters so maybe I am meant to be there.

The good news is I am slowly approaching bathing suit readiness. All this grad school anxiety has helped me drop significant weight. Wooo.

On a side note, Garwondler shenanigans seem to be ramping up a bit. mdler stole a picture from me and is posting it all over and I'm aggravated, I'm not going to lie. Damn trunk.

Mar 28, 07 9:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you should truncate him!!!

Mar 28, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow, apparently Vado's comment left everyone speechless. Thread Central was only FOUR threads from falling of the page!

Mar 28, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just did something i havent done in seven years!!! have sex??? no. bought hairbands and put my mop in a ponytail!!!

Mar 28, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

get a haircut you pot smokin' hippy!

Mar 28, 07 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

dubK when you are bathing suit/ bikini ready I'm sure you won't have to oogle the men...

Mar 28, 07 6:42 pm  · 
 · 

in HS I had a ponytail, but I didn't look like a hippy oh no, but instead like a pimp

Mar 28, 07 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

I'm dizzy.

I would go home, but that would involve driving. dizziness + car + LA traffic = bad, bad things

Mar 28, 07 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe your ponytail is too tight!

Mar 28, 07 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
George Jetson

I like my ladies without ponytail.

Mar 28, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

ro roy

Mar 28, 07 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

I like my ladies with dough!

Mar 28, 07 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

there is some show about the baby boomers on. i am one of the last ones ya see. and god it sucks. it is such a dumbed down show i want to barf up my incence and peppermint all over my green tamborine.

Mar 28, 07 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

WHAT THE HELL: YOU MAY HAVE BEEN SLEEPING BUT THEY HIGHER INTERIOR DESIGN PEOPLE AND THEY CAN'T RISE TO THE OCCASSION FOR GROSS POINT....ARE THESE PEOPLE FOR REAL!

Breuer Consulting Group seeking Director of Interior Design in Seattle, WA

They were in red at the top of the page at 10:35 est.....

Come on Archinect....you guys asleep at the wheel?

Mar 28, 07 10:37 pm  · 
 · 

higher vs hire??

Mar 28, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 

hmm incense i think i'll light up on

granted I would prefer i was really lighting up - haven't had a fag in over a month; feels like rehab!

Mar 28, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Steven,

Are you ever going to continue posting your Odyssey of the outer suburban life/house remodel? I'm sure I was not the only fascinated by your transition from city mouse to edge of country mouse.

Mar 29, 07 8:42 am  · 
 · 

man. sarah calling me out. it actually hasn't been THAT long since my last installment about the construction project (17 mar). since then the drywall has been sanded and tile started yesterday. i'll update with new pictures when things look dramatically different from the last.

regarding life in the big house, well - it just is. haven't been making much progress reading house of leaves and i'm really not spending much time at the big house due to working on our own house on weekends and some evenings. i'll report a little bit, some few observations i've been making, soon. and the gardens are waking up for spring, so that will be a good update.

there just isn't much happening on a daily basis, but i'm glad you've been interested so far!

Mar 29, 07 8:54 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Ok, I guess I will let it slide this time.

Mar 29, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh jeez. I'm about to have one of those days where I'm going around correcting people's mistakes all day. Super.

Steven I confess I am a little confused about your situation. Your house isn't livable? So where are you living again? I'm sorry, I'm forgetful.

Mar 29, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 

check out the link in my last post, wk. the first entry pretty much describes the circumstances in which we've been living since january.

Mar 29, 07 9:57 am  · 
 · 
snooker

arch.....guess they must be looking for someone who knows their hemp.

Mar 29, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 

lately I've been getting a lot of emails from people lurking on this site. I don't mind, but it's kind of wierd when it happens all at once. Like this morning, I check my email and there are three from people I don't know, who are all asking me about things I said on archinect. Odd. And the guy trying to find the store in Pomona, if you're reading, I'm trying buddy. They might be out of business, I can't find them on the yellow pages. Can't remember their name either, for that matter... but I'll know it when i see it.

Mar 29, 07 11:02 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

rationalist, that is mighty bizarre. I think I had an email like that one time from a name I did not recognize AT ALL, and it was one line asking me about some firm, and all I wrote back was "Who ARE you?!?". I didn't get a reply....

Mar 29, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

wow...i don't think i've ever gotten any fan mail like that.

i've also been trying to follow steven's exurban interim but have found myself too busy to keep up with it. and frankly, i don't know how steven has been able to keep it up either. he's a busy person with a lot of commitments.

personally, i've completely fallen out of sync lately. haven't been running in the mornings. haven't been running at all some days (which worries me because the cleveland marathon is only 2 months away now). my sleep patterns have been ridiculous recently. last night i was supposed to go out to the bar but felt i needed a little nap first, laid down shortly past 7pm and woke up at 9am this morning. i was so tired i just slept fouteen hours straight like a rock, still wearing my clothes and all. reminds me of my student days near the end of the semester when everything just gets messed up.

Mar 29, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

oh...and i just wanted to add that i seem to have overcome my recent fear of bears. the paranoia has pased and things seem pretty calm now. maybe the long night's sleep helped.

Mar 29, 07 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Maybe you're pregnant. I hear you get very sleepy like that.

But I guess you could just be sleepy.

Mar 29, 07 3:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: