Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

snooker

Back from the mind numbing meeting with the Accountant.... now I think I will go kill a few brain cells. Maybe I can dream about turning our big oar barge around and heading in the direction of breaking even. It is the only way to be a not for profit organization.

Mar 23, 07 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

spent hours from 2:30 to 6:30 critiquing the works of 30 students...I am now recovering from the induced hoarse throat.

Had lunch with archi-chicken whilst her flat mate played FIFA05 (addictive albeit I never played)

its almost midnight...and I'm going to sleep on a Friday. Funny how 3 basic items taken from you can change your life style. In case you are wondering drinking, smoking & driving - not bad for resolutions

Mar 24, 07 12:37 am  · 
 · 

Liarch....singles, couples, pets & all are invited; just sign the guest book

Mar 24, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Woooo! Friday night! Drunk! Going to grad school!!!

woohoo! yay!

Mar 24, 07 2:34 am  · 
 · 
upside

woohoo 5pm saturday, co-ordinating consultant drawings, same tommorow, yeah.

congrats WK

Mar 24, 07 3:38 am  · 
 · 

hey guys I know that some of you are This American Life listeners,

I just found that you can watch the first TV episode here:
http://www.sho.com/site/thisamericanlife/video.do

Mar 24, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

nice q. thanks. and why the heck did they change their web site?! the old one was so much easier to use...for finding archives etc. bah. not a big deal, but annoying.

just read the adultery thread. Stourley wins for best line, culminating with this hilarious sentence:

and you know what? just fuck you on principle.

priceless.

Mar 24, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Lirach

80's music has a depressive effect on me, very weird..... i don't like it. And saturdays have become the day of my boss' favorite 80's songs, i want to go.

Mar 24, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

doctors say i can return to work mid april - 3 days after my 30th birthday. It both sucks + exhilarating to be able to live again.

But now i must prepare....any suggestions as to how I can get back into the groove of work, after being at home for 3 months?

Mar 24, 07 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Lirach

throw a big party. 30th bday... that's something.

Mar 24, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Lirach

so why were you at home for 3 months?

Mar 24, 07 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
AP

techno, do some kind of design charrette during your first week back. that might help get you back into the swing...

Mar 24, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Liarch + AP thanks

Liarch - I fell hit my head, had a seizure, dislocated & fracture both shoulders...woke up in a hospital. Doctors put me on 3 months sick leave

Mar 24, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

oh geez architechnophilia, I knew you were down, but I didn't know the story.

Mar 24, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

techno, glad you've recovered and getting back to work. glad you have work to go back to. and all the best.

Mar 25, 07 12:00 am  · 
 · 

yay wk! glad you're getting back to life, -ophilia.

in a very small way, i feel like i'm getting back to life as well: last night a friend of my wife was in town so i got to GO OUT! nothing terribly exciting, but i met friends to eat out on the terrace - because it's the first incredibly nice weekend - at a favorite restaurant. two basil mojitos and two mahi mahi tacos. mmm. just sat and watched the street go by until we got sleepy.

Mar 25, 07 8:09 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well this is definitely the best news I've heard all day:

FCC to drop allowing cell phone use on airplanes.

Thank fucking bleep.

Mar 25, 07 11:53 pm  · 
 · 

wait for the wave lb, I've heard (oddly by mobile phone) that they are hoping to implement similar charges to roaming.

Anyway...I thought they said it would crash the plane...so I guess now the only thing we have to worry about are the snakes?

Mar 26, 07 1:26 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Thank fucking bleep is right.

Mar 26, 07 2:12 am  · 
 · 

i wonder if they polled people about whether they WANTED cell phones on the plane, how many would say yes.

i'm guessing a lot of business travelers like that time for NOT talking on the phone. most adults i think would say no. so maybe the teenage flyers would be the only demographic who can't stand the non-phone time?

Mar 26, 07 7:12 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Looks like I'll be flying twice this spring, once in May for a friend's wedding in Florida and again in June to find housing in NYC. I haven't flown anywhere since 2004, and I absolutely hate flying with a passion that passes all human understanding. I'd be happy to put up with cell phones if they outlawed screaming infants and let me keep my shoes on at the security checkpoint.

Mar 26, 07 7:36 am  · 
 · 

sorry, gin. screaming infants are a fact of life. now that i've got one that screams, i can only sympathize with you and accept that i'm now 'one of those people'.

Mar 26, 07 7:48 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Top of page missed...

Mar 26, 07 9:45 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I just posted some info from my husband on the pigment and epoxy resin thread. I sent him to the thread then he emailed me some advice on the topic, which I posted fro ether.

Then I immediately got an email from him that said "You have over 4700 posts on archinect?!?!?" He's shocked.

heeheeheehee

Mar 26, 07 10:12 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

bong resin d'etre...

Mar 26, 07 11:29 am  · 
 · 

that's a pretty vase, vado.

Mar 26, 07 11:33 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I wonder if that thing would help with this damn sinus infection.

Mar 26, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I wish I had time to write about my moving experiences....so many moves and so many funny stories.

Mar 26, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

ok, the amount of grad school threads has become too much even for me.

Mar 26, 07 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Who wants to resurrect a Columbia thread? C'mon, I dare you! Pick your favorite! I'll do it.

Mar 26, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 

was there a 'Columbia vs. Your Mom' thread as well? If there wasn't, there should be. Or maybe 'Parsons vs. Your Mom' instead, as Parsons seems to be one of the it-schools this year.

Mar 26, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Congrats rationalist on post #3000! You should sit on that for a few minutes at least :o)

Mar 26, 07 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

r- yeah!!!!! 3k

the most comments ranking as of today:

#1-vado retro 6058

#2- liberty bell 4722

#3 -Steven Ward 4291

#4 -AP 3520

#5 Javier Arbona 3514

#6 e 3102

#7 rationalist 3001

#8 John Jourden 2862

#9 WonderK 2686

#10 garpike 2418

#11 mdler 2325

#12 abracadabra 2303 ***

#13 Strawbeary 2179

#14 Paul Petrunia 2164

#16 Stourley Kracklite 2060

#17 myriam 1968

#18 Orhan Ayyuce 1897 ***

#19 trace 1834

#20 treekiller 1818

*** Abra/Orhan totals 4200 posts and would be ranked #4 if he hadn't had that psychotic episode where he split into two archinect users;)

I know there are other users with multiple personality disorder too (myself included), but how do those alter egos impact the ranking? only archinect knows....

Mar 26, 07 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

what, are you trying to tell me to shut up, WK?

It would have been a really good ratio, too, if I had just posted 1 fewer entry. So I guess I'll have to wait until 3100 posts for my 1/100 ratio.

Mar 26, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

now you want me to figure the posts to comments ratio for everybody??? not gonna happen!

Mar 26, 07 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i have yet two more personalities creeping up on me lately.
slightly trouble maker types who are influenced by rita novel's re reactionary names/innovations.
you guys know this?
daing.

Mar 26, 07 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Darling I would never tell you to shut up! I just want you to enjoy your 3000. Well, now 3004.

Also, I wish garpike would start posting and catch up with me again. The Garwondler order of things is off. Or perhaps I should shut up for like, a week. I can't help it! Grad school is driving me nuts and I'm emoting.

Mar 26, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

man I'm sooooooo far off that list; and I find every time I go to the doctors and come back the everyone posts flies up by 100 or something. And i spend the entire night catching up on conversations...i'm like the kind too slow for regular school :(

Mar 27, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
Starland Vocal Band

does that make you short bus special? ;)

don't worry, i'm about 1330 posts behind you or something.

by the way, hello everyone! 84 pages kicks the pants out of the grad school thread.

Mar 27, 07 12:28 am  · 
 · 

don't worry we'll feed you enough archinect vitamins and you'll grow big and strong like the others

Mar 27, 07 12:53 am  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

this thread is very interesting tho.. architechnophilia, can you feed me some archinect vitamins as well?!

Mar 27, 07 1:23 am  · 
 · 
garpike

3000? Daaaaamn! Nice.

Mar 27, 07 1:34 am  · 
 · 

vitamins for everyone...but you'll have to wait to learn the secrete handshakes

Mar 27, 07 1:45 am  · 
 · 
We built this city

We built this city on rock and roll
Built this city, we built this city on rock and roll

Say you dont know me or recognize my face
Say you dont care who the garpike is don't mdler in that kind of place
Knee deep in the abracadbra sinking in your fight
Too many runaways eating up the night

Vado plays the mamba, listen to the radio, dont you remember
treekiller built this city, we built this city on rock and roll

We built this city, we built this city on rock and roll
Built this city, we built this city on rock and roll

Strawbeary is always playing rationalist games
Who cares they're always changing corporation names
We just want to dance here someone stole the stage
They call us irresponsible traceus off the page
Liberty plays the mamba, listen to the radio, dont you remember

Its just another sunday, in a tired old street
Stanley Kracklite has got the choke hold, oh then we just lost the beat

Who counts the money underneath the bar
Who rides the wrecking ball in two rock guitars
Dont tell us you need us, cos were the ship of fools
Looking for Wonder K, coming through your schools

(Im looking out over that golden gate bridge
Out on another gorgeous sunny saturday, not seein Steven Ward in the bumper to bumper traffic)

Dont you remember architechnophilia?

(whats your favorite radio station, in your favorite radio city
The city by the bay, the city that rocks, the city that never sleeps)
Javier rocks his hips to the Salsa doing the mamba, listen to the radio, dont you remember

Mar 27, 07 1:55 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

hi starla- if you manage to get over a thousand posts in one year, you get a free archinect teeshirt. (just kidding).

jefferson starship - ugh but very funny:) thanks architechno...

Mar 27, 07 9:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

archinecto please see the worst rock song ever thread. that "song" ranks high on the list.

Mar 27, 07 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

So our server has been down ALL morning. Maybe I can use this time to reach 100 posts!

Mar 27, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Oh, wow, when did I get to 126? Guess my new goal is 200! GOld star for me!

Mar 27, 07 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Newsflash! The Breuer thread has been set afloat! It is now swimming in the sea with all the other threads.

Seems a bit weird not having all that "black ink" at the top of the page now.

Mar 27, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I was wondering if it was ever going to go away. Wonder how long it will take to fall off the page, since we can't post to it anyway.

Mar 27, 07 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: