Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

treekiller

myriam- take the southern route and avoid those mountains (if u r driving) or have a safe flight....

Jan 17, 07 8:27 pm  · 
 · 

Strawbeary- leave them both. Don't worry about the houseguest, as they obviously aren't worried about you!

Jan 17, 07 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

of course, rationalist. you are so rational.
:)

Jan 17, 07 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

am i the only one who can think of any good names for a practice? almost every suggestion that isn't mine...just sucks. maybe i should be in charge of naming arch firms...i could be the official director of the architecture appellation department...or some bullshit like that

Jan 17, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 

puddles- you found a new career as a naming expert. you can charge thousands/hour for your brilliant insights :)

Jan 17, 07 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Puddles, heres one for you - V.A.A or Very American Architecture

Jan 17, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

puddles, you do in fact carry the firm name thread on your very capable shoulders.

diabase, wow!! Charlie is amazingly beautiful (as is the squishy little Jack - you can tell even though he was at the time of the picture in the mainly squishy phase) but where on earth did he get that blonde hair and fair fair skin?! Must be from your partner as you are dark-haired, no? In any case, beautiful. Thank you for posting that picture, I love it.

So I fly to Phoenix tomorrow, which means myriam and I will pass each other while airborne, I expect. And I won't be around much for five days.

Bless my sister's generous heart, on Friday I will be at spa. All day. An all day spa day. Nothing to do all day but be at spa. (The saliva builds just thinking about it. And if the saliva builds at spa, someone will gently wipe it away for me with a scented towel.) I love spa, and if there is one thing that Phoenix has learned to do right in the 18 years since I left, it is spa.

Jan 17, 07 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think lb is excited about going to spa, lol. Good for you! You deserve it.

I am so excited about mightylittle's version of "archinect delight" that I am singing along to the song right now....

diabase, I did not mention this earlier but your children are starkly beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen an archinect baby that wasn't, but the boy with the blond hair and the boy with the dark dark hair, they are just gorgeous. Well done sir!

Jan 17, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the drool plunge is very soothing at the spa...

Jan 17, 07 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Eww.

I'm doing the High Desert Scrub instead - don't ask what it is, I'm just doing it.

Jan 17, 07 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

that's a day spa, right? d-a-i-s...day spa

ok...i'm butchering my zoolander lines

another fav swedish band...peter björn and john...can't believe they've been flying under my radar for the last year with this sound, young folks...and guest vocals from victoria

Jan 18, 07 12:59 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

hey, next mounth is tc's birthday.

Jan 18, 07 2:06 am  · 
 · 
garpike

db, that little one in the foreground has the look of an old soul. He's more figured out than me. But then again, most of you do.

It's hard to believe tc is ONLY one year.

Not long before we hit 69 pages. Hey my birthday is the 69th day of the year. Heh heh heh heh.

Jan 18, 07 3:42 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ha, that's dirty/funny. garpike how many years did it take you to figure that out? Nevermind, you're still asleep.

I'm keen on the slash lately. I really do hate/love that game though, the one that leeque posted. Stupid/fantastic game. Could someone please just email me the answer to level 6 so I can go on with my life?

Jan 18, 07 8:39 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ok, just had my annual review. It wasn't really a review, per se. It was more a discussion about how much I rule. Ha ha, just kidding, but seriously, it wasn't a review. We talked about my involvement on several projects, how I'm in charge of getting everyone in the office (and my client) up to speed on LEED, and they thanked me again for my good work with a new client, which apparently is giving us more business.

Oh, and this is funny: they asked if I had any qualms about working with any of our clients (some of which are big bad corporations) and I said that I like to keep an open mind, especially if I hear that this particular organization is interested in sustainability. Which is true. But apparently I scoffed at it before. Fortunately I'm not working for anyone who I find objectionable at this point, so that's cool.

New topic: the tour continues.....

Strawbeary > you're in Denver, right? You're next on my hit list! I'm coming to see you in a couple of weeks!!!

Jan 18, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

indiana has an interstate called I-69. some conversative fellow in the state legislature is trying to get the name changed.

Jan 18, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 

DON'T MISS.

THE ARCHINECT EVENT OF THE YEAR.

WONDERK

2007 TOUR.

Jan 18, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

you're coming to see me? yeah!!!!

Jan 18, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Woo hoo!

Yeah it's got to be a quick trip but I think we'll be able to have dinner at least. I'll email you. :o)

Speaking of touring, Steven, have you seen this hotel in Louisville called the 21C hotel or something? It's new and modern and very cool from what I've heard. My best friend had to review it for a magazine. I am trying to come up with a reason to stay overnight in Louisville so I can stay there.

Jan 18, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

garpike... Michigan, I-75, Exit 69, Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI

Jan 18, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

diabase:
wowsers....I wish I could have some good lookin' kids like that!
dem is some good genes!

Jan 18, 07 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

My son may not be as human, but he's pretty cute himself...

Jan 18, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

indeed wk. i think i've raved about it here before. not only a hotel/restaurant/bar but also /museum. (since you're into slashes today.)

it's by deborah berke, with my old firm, and the clients are former clients of mine. ...also the clients for rex's museum plaza. if you can stay there, you need to do it. i'll try to join you for dinner at 'proof', but if i can't, you should do that too.

Jan 18, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

chili,
nice to know we are relatives through our sons and daughter.

Jan 18, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
Ms Beary

...broken wine glasses issue was resolved. apparantly my cat did it.

Jan 18, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

anybody else excited that the northern european issue of wad is finally out...i feel like i've ben waiting for this all year

[img]http://www.wadmag.com/wad31web.jpg[/i]

Jan 18, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

anybody else excited that the northern european issue of wad is finally out...i feel like i've ben waiting for this all year

[img]http://www.wadmag.com/wad31web.jpg[/img
]

Jan 18, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

[img]http://www.wadmag.com/wad31web.jpg[/im
/]

Jan 18, 07 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

okkay, i'm just trying ot run up m y post cunts so i can get more respect thread central style...you all know i know how to post a picture, usually even while drumk

]

Jan 19, 07 12:01 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

oh, this is embarrassing...i'm going to stop...now...i promise

Jan 19, 07 12:02 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

oh, this is embarrassing...i'm going to stop...now...i promise

Jan 19, 07 12:03 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

puddles! jesus, calm down. ha haha....

Jan 19, 07 12:11 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Oh my God.

Jan 19, 07 12:29 am  · 
 · 
mdler

LIG

skyline?

Jan 19, 07 12:35 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

No, just commenting on puddles' "post cunt". I wonder what sort of hangover he has right now.

Jan 19, 07 7:51 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh my goodness! LIG I was just going to leave that one alone! But you brought it up!!!

Someone now needs to come up with an appropriate way to end the page with an inappropriate phrase....

Jan 19, 07 9:06 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

i'm convinced that puddles is a grrrl - re 'post cunt'

Jan 19, 07 9:24 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i hope it 'is' too obvious

Jan 19, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow. This is going to be a good page. I can tell already. :o)

Jan 19, 07 11:13 am  · 
 · 
AP

so long as myriam keeps her teeth to herself...

Jan 19, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

(yeah, sing a song bro...)
If the sun refused to shine
I dont mind, I dont mind
(yeah)
If the mountains ah, fell in the sea
Let it be, it aint me.
(well, all right)

Got my own world to live through and uh, ha !
And I aint gonna copy you.

Yeah (sing the song brother...)
Now if uh, six uh, huh, turned out to be nine
Oh I dont mind, I dont mind uh ( well all right... )
If all the hippies cut off all their hair
Oh I dont care, oh I dont care.
Dig.

cause Ive got my own world to live through and uh, huh
And I aint gonna copy you.

White collar conservative flashin down the street
Pointin their plastic finger at me, ha !
Theyre hopin soon my kind will drop and die but uh
Im gonna wave my freak flag high, high !
Oww !

Wave on, wave on...

Ah, ha, ha
Fall mountains, just dont fall on me
Go ahead on mister business man, you cant dress like me
Yeah !

Dont nobody know what Im talkin about
Ive got my own life to live
Im the one thats gonna die when its time for me to die
So let me live my life the way I want to
Yeah, sing on brother, play on drummer

Jan 19, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

hahaha, myriam......good one AP.
we have to wait till she arrives in Chicagoland to reply to that one!

Jan 19, 07 11:56 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive

and i think i meant to say post counts last night as a reference to the fact that i just double/triple posted something, i.e., as a way of artificially pumping up my line of "Total Comments: 1517"...

on second thought, it does feel like we are living in a post-cunt era, no?

Jan 19, 07 1:21 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, I haven't heard 'cunt' in a long time.

I got a response from the firm about the freelance thing.... very noncommittal. Complemented me on my conceptual thinking, and said they'd be in touch 'when we get any overflow that suits your abilities'. Lord knows when that will be, but hopefully they meant it.

Jan 19, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the benefit of having your city's team in the afc title game. beer friday.

Jan 19, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
AP

the benefit of having your PM's last day with the firm...happy hour in t-minus 33 minutes.

Jan 19, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oh...Go Bears!

Jan 19, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I've been the only one in the office for a good part of the day. What am I doing here?

Jan 19, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

and, go bears

Jan 19, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: