Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

myriam

HAHAHAHA he used his own bathroom fixtures for duravit... hahahaha douchebag.

That bathroom is hideous. The interior spaces look quickly done, as though he didn't pay complete attention--I note some random soffit-ing (my biggest pet peeve) and odd speaker placement... I don't like the ceiling beams or whatever those are, and the kitchen was just completely not thought out at all... HOWEVER I do like the white stripe. Paint-as-wainscotting.

Just seems like a real quickie job... like he slapped some paint around, spec'd his plumbing fixtures, and walked off with the fee.

Nov 5, 06 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

DUDE! FINALLY! WOOHOO! Hell yeah I'll be here! Lemme know if you wanna do any archi-touring!!!

Had to race out of town without saying goodbye. Still finishing things up, via long-distance. Yikes.

Nov 5, 06 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

no problem, things have been busy on my side of things too.

trip agenda:
Thursday: 13+ hours in a van of 8 friends and our bikes
Friday: see Chicago (with Myriam?), party that night
Saturday: race and party
Monday: 13+ hours in a van again

Nov 5, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

Hummm…I like the clean exterior, but that kitchen layout sucks. And where is the kitchen ventilation? Maybe it's hiding somewhere behind the oven. If not, just open all the windows when the wife starts burning dinner. I like the back yard patio area but it kind of reminds me of some sort of wedding reception area :)

Nov 5, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

i first saw this house while walking the dogs (seems like i go thru a lot when walking dogs. true).
tina was with me and i said "hey look at this flipper with a venturi touch". tina said "crap". then i took it apart for her and we decided it was one of the better planned developments in the neighborhood and probably it was done by a ucla prof or something.
following week i saw the real estate ad with it and we found out what it was.
after seeing the pics of interiors, tina said "it is crappy inside too. so surface oriented. a sure flipper renovation with no depth".

flipping houses was a very profitable practice in los angeles up until few mounths ago. of course if ps is your friend and gave you a napkin sketch and managed the rest with telephone calls, you have additional 2-300K's in the tag. i later found that the owners was french and friends of ps.
it doesn't look like a hardass project and you can tell that it is no big budget either. it is clean like AP pointed and certainly one of the 'taste' oriented remodels in the neighborhood with qualities pretty much common in a typical los angeles above avarage residential practice. it does have few signature touches of the celebrity designer on the exterior like finials on the roof. it is like a one liner and seems that you can get tired of it pretty fast. maybe that is why ps is successful on temporary experience building types like hotels and clubs etc.
you know french are the best in the world doing spectacular events.
except, occasionally some italian poet reminding them drama was a westward moving art form and it does take some trials and errors to master it.

Nov 5, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

i just planted a hibiscus in a large planter in front of my office. further taking the edge off the asphalt parking and head on view of beautiful aamco transmissions.

these plants i've saved from trash bin and some from 99cent store. really proud.

Nov 5, 06 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

orhan your turning green.

Nov 5, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it looks like the tranny business is hopping!!!

Nov 5, 06 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

o yeah. i wish i had the pictures of cabbages, cauliflowers, beans, tomatoes, peppers, sunflowers, roses, watermelons, eggplants, zucchinis, onions, lettuce and more i've grown as a kid.
i've grown good marijuana and opium poppies as an adult. i would have a pet silkworms from the mulberry tree every year too living in a shoe box eating mulberry leaves in elementary school. i value the plants' life as much as animals'.
i've done duck hunting and a lot of fishing too (always ate what i hunted). go figure.

Nov 5, 06 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

fuckers are so happy turning out a new tranny a day on each bay. not to mention clutch and brake jobs and engine work too. very high turn around on mechanics too. pepe is gone again under pressure. the new owner is a wheelchair guy that runs a very profitable biz. if he fires rafa too, i am going to come hard on aamco for occasionally parking in our spots which i've been tolerating.

Nov 5, 06 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
AP

a little back to back to back archetype action from Orhan...very nice.

rossi folly
hibiscus plant
transmission shop

the hibiscus are great plants, plentiful in Florida - hearty, easy to care for, plus the big, colorful flowers...we have one on the porch...

Nov 5, 06 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

la traffic stop and go = aamco transmission business

Nov 5, 06 6:53 pm  · 
 · 

thanks AP. here is the final stake detail and i am gone to the WHO concert at hollywood bowl tonite. the kids are alright but can they rock? (to be cont. tomorrow) goodnight all.

Nov 5, 06 6:58 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

orhan i wanna hear about your flowers...

Nov 5, 06 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

vado you crack me up - yeah orhan, more pics!

Nov 5, 06 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

vado
\m/ @ that comment

Nov 5, 06 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

ok dammson - I am out of the loop here - what is that \m/ comment you keep typing? looks dirty :)

Nov 5, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

katze it's gonna sound corny once i explain it...but it's horns...when you're at a rock concert and the music being played is awesome

Nov 5, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

ok - got it! rock on.

Nov 5, 06 7:36 pm  · 
 · 

here are some flowers for not only to vado, but to rest of the beautiful minds in this thread.
specially to french and his #2, fleur.

oa/06,jpeg

Nov 5, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

katze...that's my new gimmick...horns at every post...

orhan...\m/

Nov 5, 06 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

if i can only make a fake angry face along with it in text, then my communication is set

Nov 5, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

flores magníficas! Thanks Orhan!

Nov 5, 06 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I know – the angry face is hard to portray. They have the stupid one = :-@ (but I don’t get that one) or sad :-(

\m/

Nov 5, 06 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

katze i wanna hear about your dirty thoughts on \m/...

Nov 5, 06 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I think I'll let this one rest in the pasture, thank you! Everyone here has a pretty good imagination; I'll let them come up with their own assumptions :) bad, Katze, bad!

Nov 5, 06 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

just think upside down and we'll leave it at that - fits in with the bull thing and the Taschen coffee table book inspired by mdler :)

Nov 5, 06 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

katze...got it...

\m/

^is that cool?

Nov 5, 06 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

those are some dirty dirty thoughts...

Nov 5, 06 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

)(
/

Nov 5, 06 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

vado...hahahahaha

Nov 5, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you dirty...

Nov 5, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

Seriously dirty. Reminds me of that thing that you used to do with the thing and that other thing... Do you people ever do any work, btw?

Nov 5, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

ok, vado stop it! That GB post is hilarious!!!! I love the expression on his face! I can’t stop laughing! Right on.

dammson – digg'n the ^ !!!

geimanj - what's work?

Nov 5, 06 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

dirty

Nov 5, 06 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

CLinton's looks waaaaay dirtier than Shrub's, at least based on my experience.

Nov 5, 06 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i did my laundry yesterday and, wow, was my underwear dirty

Nov 5, 06 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe you need more than one pair \m/

Nov 5, 06 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
geimanj

So wrong... I think it's time to switch it up a bit and take it to the next level.

llnl

Nov 5, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I did all sorts of work today. Stuff for grad school and updating my computer and what not. AND I did some canvassing work for the election, in the dark and rain, thank you very much!!!

\m/

rock on! (that's what I think of every time I see it, although vado's use above sent me into a giggle fit)

Nov 5, 06 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

Congrats to French!

Also glad that the intern situation is at least in a better place, if not resolved.

I thought I knew who SuperWonder was when they first appeared but then they said something that completely threw me off because it couldn't apply to the person I thought it was.

Back from up north. 42-0. I expected no less against winless Stanford, but after last week realize that nothing's a gimme. Have WAYYYYY to much work to do.

Nov 6, 06 12:40 am  · 
 · 

silly old me. i thought dammson's \m/ was a little person holding his hands above his head saying 'yay!' sorta like 'rock on' i guess...

Nov 6, 06 7:13 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I'm on vacation, suckas. Have fun working today! \m/

Nov 6, 06 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

l
-----
------
--
----

Nov 6, 06 10:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

vacation? i thought you quit. technically you are unemployed...\m/

Nov 6, 06 10:50 am  · 
 · 
myriam

shhhhh...

Nov 6, 06 10:58 am  · 
 · 
myriam

i'm tryin' to be positive about it!

Nov 6, 06 10:59 am  · 
 · 
AP

haha! get a job, noseless bitch! ;------)
just playin...happy vacation to you, and have fun with Pixelwhore (and PW, have a great road trip and race)...

so myriam, i've been thinking hard about moving to Boston next year...if you recall I considered it right after finishing undergrad...any advice in general? specifically, what are your thoughts on a good time of year to enter the Boston job market (April vs. July or ...)? I plan on moving up there first, having a local address, and then looking for work.

Nov 6, 06 11:21 am  · 
 · 
myriam

hmm... I have a *lot* of thoughts about that. But you should solicit opinionation from pixel as well. He'll have different things to say than I. Drop me an email about it.

Nov 6, 06 11:24 am  · 
 · 
AP

done.

Nov 6, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: