Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

eenie

happy haloween everybody!! teror alert: definitetly orange.

Oct 31, 06 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
eenie

whoops.

Oct 31, 06 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ha ha poor Gus. He'll learn.

Orange and Black, eenie. I wonder if there are a lot of Halloween flights.

Oct 31, 06 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

I thought they cancelled halloween this year.

Nov 1, 06 1:18 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

No they definitely did not cancel it, I almost ran over about 10 kids last night whilst running. Most of them were too old to be trick or treating too. Which is annoying.

Nov 1, 06 9:22 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

wow, so I can make it through a day without posting to archinect! but it was hard. Had to rest on my laurels for the benchmark ratio of 50/900, so thanks to all those who noticed or cared... (LL)

Last night didn't get as many rugrats as expected, still have a huge bowl full of bubblegum- maybe I'll try for a record... &

job search seems to be almost over, keep ya'll posted here if you care...

Nov 1, 06 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I got one trick or treater, he rang the doorbell and he JUST STOOD THERE. I asked him, "Well, whaddya want?"

Kids these days, can't even say "trick or treat".

Nov 1, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well I had fun out with my little owl and our neighbor friend Peter Pan. Then trouble started as they had to race each other to be "first" at each door, and would shove the other out of the way if they felt it was their turn to be first, Boys - I love them so much, but they never stop being boys, do they?

Peter Pan's dad was dressed as a pirate, but his wig made him look a little like Dee Snider. I was dressed as a working-mom-who-doesn't-have-time-to-even-take-off-her-high-heels-before-the-trick-or-treating-starts. Luckily 3yo legs wear out within a couple of blocks.

tk, that tongue is either grossing me out or turning me on and frankly I'm not sure which.

Nov 1, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

when looking for bubbles, I passed by that tongue and then had to backtrack to it because it was seared into my head. I feel the same way- either grossed out or turned on. But then we do have the Cod-Piece thread going, so I figure a little tongue wouldn't hurt- we're adults. Right?

Nov 1, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
AP

a little tongue never hurts...

Nov 1, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Wow, I'm really, really slow today. Workload-wise. I'm rating all the songs on my i-tunes. OH THE GUILT!

Nov 1, 06 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

The cod piece thread is a wonderful gift to the archinect community and a thread on which I should be much more active.

Also, not to gloat, but I got my new Architecture Sucks tshort ordered, an yone else? I got baby blue, match my eyes and alittle less aggressive than the read, which I really wanted, but I'm still a bit nervous about wearing a shirt that says "sucks" on it so big.

Nov 1, 06 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Dammit, I always seem to type "Tshort" instead of "Tshirt" - like I'm gonna wear something that says "arch sucks" around my mid-section like a pair of shorts!

Also, that should say the red one was actually my first choice.

Nov 1, 06 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
AP

lime green - also to match the eyes...

I also picked up the red £€$$ shirt...

Nov 1, 06 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

i got my newsletter, but where was the link to get the new shirt???? [waaaa...]

Nov 1, 06 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

[snif]
Just! got that invite- yeah.

Nov 1, 06 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

eggplant. intending to wear it under my dress shirt at the next school board meeting. see if anyone has xray vision.

Nov 1, 06 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

grass, couldn't resist, though eggplant was appealing to the gardener in me. no need to hide my green shirt.

Nov 1, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Awesome, Steven! So subversive. The eggplant is very nice.

I also got the LE$$ shirt for my husband as a Christmas gift - don't tell! I love that design.

Nov 1, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe santa will bring me one!!!!

Nov 1, 06 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

lb - I got the red. :o)

Nov 1, 06 11:41 pm  · 
 · 

uhhh, where are you guys finding these? I still only see the old boxy 'architecture sucks' shirts...

Nov 1, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
e

sucks shmucks. i love my classic.

Nov 2, 06 1:32 am  · 
 · 

got it! Men's medium, heather grey. How come the women's don't come in grey?

Nov 2, 06 1:40 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Ok guys, I'm lost. Where can I find these new tshirts???

Nov 2, 06 9:02 am  · 
 · 
AP

myriam, if you get the weekly archinect email you should have received an email yesterday with a special pre-sale link...

Nov 2, 06 9:08 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

myriam go to this news item and read about how to get your name on the email list - Chili Davis, you too.

Nov 2, 06 9:11 am  · 
 · 
myriam

oh no! I'm already on the mailing list, but my hotmail frequently dumps my archinect emails, while allowing all kinds of MedsRX!!! emails through! :( I don't seem to have received the link. Can anyone mail it to me? Thanks!!!

Nov 2, 06 9:17 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Bright red "Architecture Sucks," Men's XL.

Nov 2, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
FRO

myriam- dont trust hotmail with your chances at an archinect t-shirt!!!! do you wanna gmail account?

I'm going with the army green, to match the rest of my tshirts. It will also help people identify me as a 'green designer' .

oh yeah, I can feel the meaningful work flocking to me already........

Nov 2, 06 10:28 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i always thought that thread central was all about t-shirts...guess it only took five thousand posts to get there

Nov 2, 06 10:42 am  · 
 · 
AP

we couldn't make it past the pants...

Nov 2, 06 10:46 am  · 
 · 
myriam

thank you, puddles, kind and thoughtful as usual! I'm gonna get a light blue one, I think, although it will probably take me all of my bath time to decide. Mmmm... the bubbles are coming up right now... time to go!

(vacation is wunderbar!)

Nov 2, 06 10:51 am  · 
 · 
farmer

I baked a pan of 12 oatmeal muffins this morning, from a mix. but you add 1 beaten egg and 1 c. water to 3 1/4 cups of mix. I baked them in paper cups in a muffin pan for 19-22 mins at 425. nothing cd be easier!

Nov 2, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

farmer, I'm guessing muffin baking for you typically means starting from scratch, including, perhaps, getting the flour directly from a local mill?

As a working mom, Trader Joe's is practically my entire pantry. That said, I always upgrade with fresh/other ingredients. So their banana bread mix gets made with the addition of a real banana, white chocolate chips, and dried cherries. Delish.

Nov 2, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LB- what did you do before trader joes entered the midwest???? we can thank the german grocery giant, aldi, for the priveledge of being able to enjoy the california shopping experience...
so does you local tj carry wine, beer, or liquor?

I enjoy making messes by baking from scratch - scattering a dusting of flour, baking soda, yeast and other powders over the countertop is the highlight of my weekend... pouring a mix out of an overpriced box is too much of a spoil to my fun. thinking bout making soup this afternoon- let's see what leftovers are in the fridge.

enjoy being a muffin.

Nov 2, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

TJ's entered the world of Philadelphia at almost exactly the same time as my son did - so I was never a working mom w/o Trader Joes.

I also *usually* bake from scratch, except breads. Post Thanksgiving I'll spend a week solid making dozens of Christmas cookies for my gifts to family, neighbors, etc. I look forward to the disaster the kitchen for that one week will be all year!

Nov 2, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

So "Architecture Magazine" is now "Architect", correct? Did anyone start a thread about this or was it just a news item? Because I need to talk about it and I don't want to be redundant....

Nov 2, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

wK- if you start that thread, I'll add my .02 about the loss of progressive arch...

Nov 2, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i don't believe there was a thread, WK...although there has been some brief discussion in the news section...

Nov 2, 06 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Start the thread, K....

Nov 2, 06 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh, you just did - oops.

Nov 2, 06 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

lb- i just tried to mitigate AP's post to the 'codpiece' thread. hope it helps.

Nov 2, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Gosh, can you tell I don't have much to do today. It worries me a little. Wish I could quit work 10 months early and start grad school, like, tomorrow. Ergh.

Going to go complain about "Architect" some more.

Nov 2, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Don't worry, but thanks for your concern.

it's been, hmmm, almost 2 months of full time posting to architect- I should add that to my resume, just in case I'm asked what I was doing between jobs... went from #450 to #950+ pretty niffty. ~30 posts/day isn't to shabby.

Nov 2, 06 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Chili Davis...
Member since July 19, 2006
41 Entries
567 Comments
640 Hours worked
11 Credit Hours taken
0 Actual Work acomplished

You gotta have priorities!

Nov 2, 06 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I have been working on an organic food store and deli called Fiddle Heads. It has everyone excited in the community. Then there is the other project. Taking apart an 1800's Barn which was the Local Black Smiths Shop and adding another dismantled 1800's Barn with a few modern touches, like a new wood stove on the lower level which is all dry laid field stone, cause the barn is set into the hillside. The owners will be selling organic foods and locally produced crafts durning three seasons of the year. The grand opening is just a teaser so everyone will come back in the Spring to The Smithys!

Nov 2, 06 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

ye gads! evangelical bunny is let loose among us once again. what does this portend?

Nov 2, 06 8:17 pm  · 
 · 

i just got my ticket to go to izmir. leaving thanksgiving day for three weeks.
la to dc to franfurt to istanbul to izmir to istanbul to munich to chicago to la. all airports except izmir and la.
maybe i'll catch up with homer of symirna and find out what really happened in troy and ask him if brad pitt was a good achilli. in my childhood events like that happened to me, like artemis coming out of wood work and asking me suck vine from one of her many breasts. experiences like that might happen to you on those shores of aegean sea.
oh, pope benedict is also will be paying a visit to izmir while i am there. if his holliness passes by front of our dense urban apartment, i'd be sure to snap a picture and say amen for all you guys.
who knows, if the gods decide to talk to me and if my childhood friends have new tales to tell me about the city, there will be a mini feature in archinect about this 4000 y.o city.
my favorite pass time to go to coastal beach towns and fisherman's villages during winter when 80% of everything is boarded up and the sounds of the sea is the most relaxing medicine. ie; the town of ayvalik below.

Nov 2, 06 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Fantastic, Orhan. Glad you are getting home. I also love resort towns in the off season, the beach in cold weather is wonderfully bare.

I fear that I am becoming repetitive: I have used the phrase "That said, ..." at least three times on Archinect today. That said, I intend to use it again tomorrow too. Goodnight all.

Nov 3, 06 12:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: