Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

liberty bell

myriam, I only wear my old one to exceptionally casual places like the gym - as a mom, I definitely have reservations about wearing a shirt that says anything "SUCKS!"

But the new one is baby blue with white letters, it's actually quite subtle. That said, I'll still only wear it when amongst friends, I am sure.

Nov 10, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 

i wore mine to work under another shirt. just knowing it was there made me feel better.

Nov 10, 06 11:49 am  · 
 · 
French

That's the advantage of living in France, I can wear mine with my daugthers around since none of them can read and by the time they'll figure out what it means it'll be gone!

Nov 10, 06 11:49 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

our firm one some award last night and so this morning we had mimosas. this was right before a 9;30 meeting. \m/ it was garwondlerful!!!

Nov 10, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 

i don't have one, but if i had i'd wear it to supermarket and to the airplane, but i really really want to wear it to the building department if i ever get one. can you imagine people getting up at the department and hand clapping me..?

Nov 10, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 

actually i think i'll buy one today. i'll get the classic one they also have.
as far as Le$$ tee concerned, i am currently in negotiations with john jourden on a bartering deal that he will purchase his own designed shirt for me and i'll get him an old turkish banknot with 17 th. century turkish architect sinan on it.

Nov 10, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
ease

Myriam, I truely understand your reservations.
I think it's both. cool: every archinector will notice other archinectors (not looking at the message).
For the message: not cool. Architecture and architects, the profession itself should be more respected. New message: architecture enchants!
That are enough deep thoughts from my side.... ;)

Nov 10, 06 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

moral of this story is; no one rides free.

Nov 10, 06 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
ease

By the way. altogether, i think it's cool and i would wear one, but shipping to germany is expensive, isn't it?

Nov 10, 06 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Nov 10, 06 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
AP

garwondlers gargle.

Nov 10, 06 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
French

yeah I've been thinking about gettin' one of these for a friend of mine, but I'm not sure she'll apreciate the gift. You need a huge sense of humor to wear one of these...

Nov 10, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

AP, it took me a few readings to fully comprehend the implications of your post...very funny.

Nov 10, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
AP

thanks lb. I aim to please... ;-O

Nov 10, 06 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I wore mine last night to bar with a bunch of my non-architecture friends, and they all got a big kick out of it. It helps that they are all easily amused like myself. I could never wear it to work though, people here wouldn't get it, if that tells you anything....

Nov 10, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

over on huffingtonpost today.....

Nov 10, 06 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

myriam, I'm not getting one.

Nov 10, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
e

yeah, i have a couple of archi friend who don't get the tee and i think are a bit offended when i wear mine.

Nov 10, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

still alive...

...but holy shit do i miss the combination of 7-11 & norway. ah, the glamour, the pølse, the sexy ubiquity of it all! if only i could move on, sigh

Nov 10, 06 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Holy shit indeed! What the hell goes on at the 7-11 in Norway?!? We don't have any like that over here!

Nov 10, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Man! if 7-11 was really that sexy, I'd be shopping there all the time! so are those girls bi or just hollywood lesbiens?

Nov 11, 06 10:25 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

where are the fat chain smokin lotto buyin slurpy drinkers????

Nov 11, 06 10:37 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

vado- was the slurpee girl as good as the latte girl?

Nov 11, 06 10:47 am  · 
 · 
myriam

architecture enchants! i like that!

Nov 11, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
AP

damn. i've been to the Sev in Denmark, but I can assure you it was nothing like the .no link above.

Nov 11, 06 10:53 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Norske Hipsters transplanted from Mipples Minesota...

Nov 11, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
snooker

And I mght add nothing , nothing, nothing like the Danish Topless speed limit sign holders!

Nov 11, 06 11:07 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

TC was approaching the bottom of the page. Something had to be done.

So I went to a birthday party for a dog last night. There were probably about 100-150 people there. It was a great time! Anyone else have any stories from the weekend?

Nov 12, 06 11:29 am  · 
 · 

i am going to work now and it is too early say anything. i'll report back later on.

Nov 12, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 
AP

nothing out of the ordinary this weekend...
certainly no jumpin' pet parties...

Friday afternoon happy hour quickly turned into a quite, semi-intoxicated evening/movie on the couch w/ the gf.
Saturday morning breakfast at the local greasy spoon, followed by errands (including buying a pump for my soccer ball), hung a ceiling fan in the bedroom, followed by lazy afternoon and finally dinner and a movie (Borat) with the gf and her parents.
Sunday, can't find the charger for my camera = no picture for the architecture sucks t-shirt thread. enjoying my egg and cheese on a bagel. will take newly inflated soccer ball to park in an hour or so...

Nov 12, 06 11:54 am  · 
 · 
French

yeah, no parties either
I was planning on goin' out yesterday evening but takin' care of the girls at home was too exhausting for doing anything after.
So I'm just here at work on this sunday evening, but I'll catch back on my partying from next week on...
I'll report later.
HAve a nice day Orhan.

Nov 12, 06 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

today i am taking a fieldtrip up to the great state of WISCONSIN!

i've never been there, so i get to add a state to my list. woohoo!

we're going to check out milwaukee and see that calatrava bug-museum thingy up there.

also, i can officially report that pixelwhore enjoyed his visit to chicago, even though i only got to talk to him on the phone here.

Nov 12, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my day----cat woke me up to be fed a seven a.m.
went back to bed...cat woke me up again at 8:45 got up
made coffee. put on the great gatsby. sent a few emails
made more coffee...practiced french...walked to mass ave video (briskly) and returned discs one and two of season two of deadwood.
got a caramel apple cider and walked home...drove and got some pad thai noodles. did some garwondlering(my new phrase for archinecting) rearranged closet and listened to the colts eek out a victory. it is now present time...4:01 post meridian

Nov 12, 06 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

That sounds like a garwondlerful day. Seriously. I miss my cat. And the crisp, chilly weather.

Today I'll be headed off to L.A.C.E. in Hollywood to check out a bathtub-sized rainforest made of Lexan, finches, plants, and iguanas. I met the artist responsible last night at a get together. He was from near my hometown - nice to hear the old accent.

The rainforest has a thunderstorm between 4:15 and 4:45. Who's with me? http://www.artleak.org/ I'll be there at 4:00.

Nov 12, 06 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Does anyone know if there is a Flickr group for Archinect? I started to create one, because I did a search and couldn't find one, but then it told me the name was already taken....so I am confused.

If the answer is no, then I will still start one.

Nov 12, 06 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

garwondlerful idea!!!wondlerK

Nov 12, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

freedom (FREEDOM)

freedom (FREEDOM)

freedom (FREEDOM)

freeeee-DOMMM!!!!

ba da bump...ba da bump...ba da bump...

Nov 12, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

and i'm completely lost on this carwondlerful business...what are you people talking about?

peeps

Nov 12, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

puddles...i was headbangin'...words, man...

Nov 12, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
garpike
Nov 12, 06 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, I made us a Flickr group. It can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/archinecture/

If I am already your contact on Flickr, you have an invite to the group waiting for you. If I am not your contact, you need to add me so I can invite you (apparently). I am pretty easy to find on Flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/wonderk

I am still trying to figure all of this stuff out so if anyone has any suggestions, please pass them on, I would certainly love to waste more of the time that I should be working on my personal statement. Thanks!

Nov 12, 06 8:11 pm  · 
 · 

I went to a football game last night that would have been garwonderful, if not for the refs. First, Oregon appears to score. The play is reviewed, the score overturned due to the reciever's ineligibility stemming from his little juant out of bounds just before the catch. This review took at least five minutes. Then the Oregon coaches CHALLENGE THE REVIEW. Then after another TEN minutes, the reversal is reversed due to a tipping of the ball (one may step out of bounds and then make a catch so long as you are not the first person to touch the ball after you've stepped back in). This enrages the crowd because after two different reviews totally 15 minutes, THEY STILL GOT IT WRONG! Why? Because the defender who tipped the ball had ALSO stepped out of bounds, so his tip of the ball was an illegal touch which basically invalidated any possibility of anyone else catching the ball. Fortunately, it wasn't a game-changing play, but in the ridiculously long four hour game that resulted from this mess, I caught a cold, and am again down for the count, having slept most of the day away.

Nov 12, 06 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Great "Belgium" photo, WonK.

Nov 12, 06 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

wonderk...i like your pictures too...

Nov 12, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hey, thanks.

BTW, Garwondler is the administrator of the Flickr group. All the more reason to join.

Nov 12, 06 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thanks for setting up the group, WonderK.

Love your receipt, garpike - took me a few mintues of searching to see what I was seeing.

I wish people would stop titling their threads

>>>>>IN ARROWS AND CAPS LIKE THIS<<<<<<<

because it annoys me, especially pre-coffee.

Nov 13, 06 7:12 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

see the >>>rem/garwondler interview<<<< attached to that rem/zaha circle jerk...

Nov 13, 06 7:20 am  · 
 · 

how bout a thread titled >>>>COFFEE HERE<<<<<<?

Nov 13, 06 7:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>\m/<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Nov 13, 06 8:03 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ah, Mondays. This morning I have a super-big case of "I can't take it anymore, get me the hell out of here" coupled with a little bit of "my life utterly sucks" and a pinch of "get the hell out of my face".

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will need a coffee maker at my desk to get through the day.

Sorry, don't mean to be Debbie Downer. Hope everyone else is doing well. *big smile, thumbs up*

Nov 13, 06 8:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: