Got a date, vado?

Apr 16, 09 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Gonna wear the striped shirt, Vado?

Apr 16, 09 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

I do. and yes I am wearing a striped shirt but not that one.

Apr 16, 09 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

The verdict is in, and the WonderToe had an ingrow-ing toenail. The doctor numbed up my toe right then and there, and snipped off about 1/4 of the nail. I have to go back on Saturday to have the dressings checked, but otherwise, I'm back in business. WonderToe is now wrapped up like a tiny mummy attached to my foot.

Apr 16, 09 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

i don't know why, but I just googled in-grown toe nails just for gross kicks.

Apr 16, 09 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Is this the bottom of the page?

WonderK I want to hear about your ingrown toe.

Apr 16, 09 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Hi all TC'ers,

Man this thread is a behemoth.

I ain't getting no love on my UTS thread - no ones interested it seems... but I am interested in your thoughts on our scheme and the others, and the comp in general. The site is opposite a $1B development by Foster and Nouvel...

SH - nice hair/wig shirt combination....

Apr 16, 09 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

That's awesome, SH! I want a wig so bad. Good for you!

I'm having a date with myself tonight -- I am psyched.

LiG -- catskills sound awesome! I was going to say, skip Beantown and head straight up to Portland for some pine-trees-over-the-coastal-rocks beauty and fresh lobster stew... but honestly, if I were taking an escapist weekend, I would NOT want to start it via 3 hours on I-95. So, catskills sounds a better bet...

Apr 16, 09 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Manta: Can't recall if this was one fo your regular podcasts, But I'm currently going through The Story's archives. The recent one on Urban Exploring with Jim Griffioen of Sweet Juniper/Detroit is really good.

Apr 16, 09 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Another big debt paid off, another monkey off my back. Two down, a few more to go...

Apr 16, 09 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Gosh I almost forgot...Sarah I love that wig! It's awesome! I think that shape wig is so great for framing your face.

Apr 16, 09 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

Manta,
Date with myself haven't had one in awhile. I would like to camp out under the stars maybe.

Apr 17, 09 12:39 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

I imagine AdateWithMyself to be something like this for Manta!

Apr 17, 09 8:47 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

So how was YOUR date, vado?

Apr 17, 09 9:04 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

I'll tell you all about it next time i see you, which at the rate we're going will be in November.

Apr 17, 09 9:24 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Your phone is ringing, vado...

Apr 17, 09 9:32 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

But vado, what about the rest of us....we want to know how it went too.

Apr 17, 09 10:29 am  · 
 · 

cool hair SH. very anime. nobody would bat an eye at that here in tokyo, especially if you were in harajuku (land of goth kids and sneakers of infinite variety). is it wild in texas? i must have missed you talking about it earlier, but what is it for? kicks? kink? other?

so i seldom do much on facebook but lately there are all these quiz things on there and somehow they are enticing...anyway, turns out i have the body of a 19 year old, and jesus christ believes i am a sanctimonious prick...which sounds about right, really. i am also supposed to be made for life in sacramento, but i have no idea what that signifies. i think its because i like blues music.

Apr 17, 09 11:04 am  · 
 · 

some of those quizzes make me want to write my own nonsense quiz with non-sequitur results.

but i only say that because fb 'what 80s band are you?' quiz called me the beach boys. the beach boys SUCKED in the 80s. jerks.

Apr 17, 09 11:08 am  · 
 · 

Steven,
I wouldn't even think of the Beach Boys as an 80s band. Although they were around then (and now)...

Apr 17, 09 11:21 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

[ size=20]EFF YOU, YOU MOTHER EFFING, SONS OF B!![ /size]

Apr 17, 09 11:30 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
EFF YOU, YOU MOTHER EFFING, SONS OF B!!
Apr 17, 09 11:33 am  · 
 · 

geez, i'm sorry, beta.

Apr 17, 09 11:35 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
there, that kind of sums it up.
Apr 17, 09 11:35 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

steven, was that not directed at you, but i agree the beach boys of the 80's bleeh.

Apr 17, 09 11:37 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Jump, it was a Valentine's Day gift to Husband. It was a suprise, and I was so terrified of his reaction that I was shaking. He'd been asking me to cut and dye it for months, so I did the best compromise. He loves it.

Apr 17, 09 11:48 am  · 
 · 

vado, did she put a spell on you?

Apr 17, 09 11:51 am  · 
 · 

orhan nails the page-switch AND makes it topical!

Apr 17, 09 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Orhan that definitely enhanced my turkey sandwich!

Which 80's band are you?
Well when LB and I together we are definitely The Thompson Twins.
When I'm solo I'm ThisGuy! Fertig?

Apr 17, 09 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Which 80's band are you????

Vado&LB!

Apr 17, 09 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

Hi everyone!! Was I missed? It's been a hectic post birthday. The missus came to visit with what seems like bronchitis added it looks like we got a bit of food poisoning from my birthday breakfast (we suspect it was the ham). This is odd for me since I've always assumed and performed like I have a stomach made of cast iron (who needs belly dancing when it's made of squish?). Anyway we plan to run off this weekend since we are too ill to enjoy all the carnival festivities starting with J'ouvert tonight/ at twilight.

@****melt - I am the go to person about random crap, but specifically about architecture. I most enjoy getting emails from Cincy ;-)

@WonderK - I'm glad your toe has been sorted. The last in-grown I had after a trip to the spa oddly enough left we wincing for an entire weekend. Glad it's fixed. Question, were you able to ride your bike during the ordeal?

@ Sarah Hamilton - love the hair! It makes you look like a completely different person. Saying this like I've ever seen you other than pictures. Wigs are funny...especially when they aren't trying to be.

Apr 17, 09 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

beta- i feel for you. At least you don't have to go to mankato any more.

Apr 17, 09 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I can think of alot worse places to have to go to in Minnesota rather than to Mankato. You might have to drive to Alexandria.....or Round Lake or Square Lake or Triangle Lake or Twin Lakes or any number of other Lakes which don't show up GPS......

Apr 17, 09 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

beta i'm down for the band. our first release should be called

"I Shaved My Balls For This?"

Apr 17, 09 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

i always wanted to be the modfather...

but considering i don't even play an instrument and can't sing much, it ain't gonna happen (i did wear the mod clothes in the 80s, though....fun decade).

Apr 17, 09 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Has anyone seen the new show "In the Motherhood?" One of the characters is an Architect, its sort of funny.

Apr 17, 09 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

a date with myself. chicken vindaloo, beer, dvd... i'll pick myself up in a half an hour.

Apr 17, 09 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

vado I assume your getting ready for your date?

Apr 17, 09 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the dates already started. i think i am very charming and a complete gentleman!

Apr 17, 09 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

i was going to have indian for my date, vado! i have a dinner date with myself tonight, but that's pretty typical. last night was special.

Apr 17, 09 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Did someone say chicken vindaloo?

Am having a date with myself tonight too. Got a nice fire going in the fire pit and enjoyed some salmon on the grill. Now it's movie time. Not sure what I'm going to watch though. Need to see what On-Demand, although at the moment I'm quite enjoying Top Gun. It's showing on Bravo. Damn it's been years. Before Tom Cruise went crazy, before Anthony Edwards was cast in ER, and then there is Val Kilmer, before the Saint.

Apr 17, 09 9:24 pm  · 
 · 

i had a date with my girls. a long (long!) walk and cheese quesadillas at qdoba. unfortunately too many teenyboppers for us to get a table outdoors...

big girl got too tired to walk home. a stroller with two girls in it is pretty hard your back.

they conked out quick! ; )

Apr 17, 09 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Beer and chicken nuggets here... The life of a bachelor!

I'm not sure if I could watch Top Gun again without having some sort of breakdown... It's bad enough that it's my dad's favorite movie of all time (he had dreams of becoming a Naval pilot during Vietnam, but ended up becoming a hospital corpsman instead), but back in a former life I used to work at the customer service desk at a Circuit City store, and I got paid to stand there for hours at a time, facing the big-screen televisions. The movie they had playing on a continuous loop day in and day out? None other than Top Gun.... I still have every line of the movie memorized.

Apr 17, 09 10:24 pm  · 
 · 

cool SH.

that date sounds great steven. we are probably going to see some dinosaurs ourselves tomorrow. sleepy kids are better exercise than free weights. carrying a 6 year old on a train from tokyo disneyland to our flat on other side of the city has got to have been equivalent to a mini-marathon of some sort.

Apr 17, 09 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

okay Vado, ****melt, etc you made me feel guilty for actually having a date with the missus. And we had some amazing soup first at our favourite place for seafood chowder - shrimp, lobster, fresh herbs, mussels, calamari, fish, and loads of smiles. Then we headed down the road for a red stripe (not just any ole beer) and some sushi. Then we went home to finish watching Belly of an Architect... first time the missus saw it - and was appropriately cursing at the characters in the film.

Apr 18, 09 12:57 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

We went to L'ville Bats/Naptown Indians game last night. It's Triple or maybe Double A ball in a nice downtown stadium. Really, really, REALLY fun. The game started late enough that by the fifth inning Angus was deliriously tired. So we left at the top of the 6th, L'ville was up. It was a blast - there's nothing like a beer in the evening sun watching baseball.

But I guess I did drink a bit too much beer - my head is pounding this morning.

Apr 18, 09 8:12 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

My date with myself went well, although I think I am just going to be friends with myself.

Minor league baseball is great unless you are my sister in law's sister. She was seriously injured by a line drive foul ball a few years back at a game in South Bend. The Politically Incorrectly named Indians are a triple Aaarrrrgh team as they are in the Pirate organization.

NameDropperAlert:
Val Kilmer bought me an iced tea in Pojaque New Mexico. Although Top Gun had been out for a couple of years I had never seen it and I didn't recognize him. I did recognize his then wife, Joann Whalley (Whatley?) who was once voted one of People's 50 most beautiful people. She was wearing sweats and looked quite mousy at the time.

Apr 18, 09 9:39 am  · 
 · 
n_

Love the hair SH.

Apr 18, 09 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Mmmm, bagel sandwiches.

The bike is the best thing for me and my toe right now, actually. Easier than walking, isn't it? I'm about to hop on it and go back to get the wound checked by the doctor. Then who knows where my toe and I will go.... :o)

Apr 18, 09 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Atechno - considering you normally can't have a date with the missus I think you shouldn't feel guilty.

LB - AA baseball is great. I went a few times when I lived in C-bus and loved it.

SW - your Friday night date put a smile on my face. Nothing cuter than to see a young family out walking. Too bad you didn't get a table outside.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I spent a couple of hours weeding and cleaning up the yard. I'm getting antsy for planting season. TK - I can't imagine how you must be feeling as you have, what, another month and a half to go?

Anyway, time to shower. T minus one hour until I get my very own vindaloo. YEE-HAA!!!!!

Apr 18, 09 6:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: