Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Sarah Hamilton

Techno, its crooked, but very nice wood.

And I mean that in context.

May 28, 08 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

lol @ tunamelt + Sarah H.

I'm bored. I've been pretending to be working for too long. The company looking to retain me is on island, and are meeting with the ceo...discussions include me. But i'm not in there. I'm curious as a cat.

May 28, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Techno, you should have your ear to the door.

May 28, 08 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

well hooray... if I can't find anything else, the School of Art will graciously supply me with work through the summer. Some of it may be manual labor, but at least the rent will get paid, so that's one less thing to stress about.

May 28, 08 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Yeah, Techno I agree with SH. This day has seriously been a waste of my time. 11 minutes until I'm free. THANK GOD!!!

May 28, 08 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

yay!
im off at 5 too!

May 28, 08 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Damn Eastern Time Zone, I still have another hour. Ugh.

May 28, 08 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

apologies Sarah

i learned how to time travel when i was in highschool
whenever i wanted to skip time and go straight to the
end of the class, id just put my head down on the desk
and close my eyes, next thing i knew, *ring* school bell
rings and im on my way, haha

i woulndt suggest it for the work place though

May 28, 08 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
some person

This doesn't warrant a new post, so I thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone remember the "advertising" "campaign" that was on the AIA website a few months ago that consisted of a number of placards with the underlying theme of "things architects can say at parties to look cool" etc.? They were semi-cartoonlike.

Anyways, I can't find them on the AIA website - or anywhere else for that matter. Perhaps too many people complained about them? Or maybe I just dreamed it...

May 28, 08 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
some person

a-ha! Thanks FRaC!

http://www.aia.org/join_architect

May 28, 08 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
****melt
May 28, 08 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Sarah, Congrates for the Hubby! Did he like the track?

May 28, 08 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Steven Ward - I heart your paradigm shift image. I truly did LOL!!!

May 28, 08 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Snook, I think he likes it ok, he loved all the greek food up there, but I think Road America is his favourite, and alas, Limerock was his last race. He has turned in his stop-watch and radio and stepped down as crew chief, even left the company. Now he will be working on performance cars somewhere else, and staying at home. He really does like me and Abe more than race cars! Score one for the family!

May 29, 08 9:05 am  · 
 · 

yeah, tunamelt, things had been getting too serious on that thread, had to do something. people can get really excited when they think they're involved in changing the world!

May 29, 08 9:09 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

First, let me say that I'm not an idiot, and I love Architecture, but that Paradigm thread confuses the hell out of me. I skimmed through it, and maybe it would have helped if i clicked the links, but how did it go from eiseman, to building styles, to construction, to jobs, to beuracracy? Thats not how you spell that, is it?

Maybe I just don't care enough to 'change the world.'

May 29, 08 9:27 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Maybe my head is just too full of fluff to worry about it.

May 29, 08 9:29 am  · 
 · 
****melt

SW - Yeah pretty much. I pretty much just skimmed it to. I think I'm just way too jaded to think the world is ever going to change all that much. :o/

May 29, 08 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

my future is being discussed infront of my very eyes. I'm not too sure I have an opinion but in about 15 minutes they will be talking to me directly.

May 29, 08 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

OOOHHHH!! Good luck!

May 29, 08 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm shrimp with rice & peas for lunch - yum!

May 29, 08 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

so, what, they told you what you were having for lunch?!

that's looking a pretty short distance into the future...maybe that's a better strategy though.

May 29, 08 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Steven, you make me laugh. What did you have for lunch?

May 29, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

drunken chicken from gumbo-a-go-go. yum.

May 29, 08 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Sounds better than mine... Chicken Club Lean Cuisine, and a bag of chips. It was good, but no drunken chicken.

May 29, 08 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Feel funny today. I have a Trader Joe's burrito for lunch. It will be good but what I really want is a giant slice of pizza.

techno....update yet?

I have nothing to do this weekend. NOTHING! It's amazing. I'm a little frightened. This hasn't happened in a long time. Usually when it does I get out my sewing machine and start making something, which is probably what will happen this weekend too.

May 29, 08 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

DubK, can we put in orders for home-sewn items?

May 29, 08 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

new recommendation: patron xo cafe

i've recently become addicted to morning shots of this blend of coffee and tequila...i also like to mix it with ice cream for an easy dessert

May 29, 08 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

WonderK - why dont you go out and have a good time
do something new? oh and what do you sew?

lunch today - a homemade deli sandwich, stacked with
brown sugar ham and rosted turkey, with
slight sift of black pepper, and a dibble
dabble here and there of italian dressing.

May 29, 08 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

almost done...

May 29, 08 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

okay they haven't spoken to me yet. I did tell them to save the trouble of having to talk behind closed doors, that I'd go home and we could continue tomorrow. Crap is really frustrating...

okay I wrote this one and forgot to send it. Good News. On contract for 3 months starting 2nd week of July. So if I can make it to LA, Seattle, TX, et al it'll be between the last week of June to then. Fingers crossed,

May 29, 08 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

Mdler - I like what I see, that deck is WAY sexy, what kind of wood is that?

May 29, 08 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i think that i'm going to get really drunk tonight

May 29, 08 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

atechno

it is Epi

May 29, 08 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

The place is pretty slick, mdler. Can you tell me why the fireplace is done in that particular stone? It seems out of place with the rest. What am I not seeing?

May 29, 08 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Sorry if I missed it, but what project is this ^?

May 29, 08 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

very nice work, mdler.

dapper napper, mdler's been keeping us posted on the development of this project of his for the last several months.

May 29, 08 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sarah

the house was a remodel and that is the origional fireplace. It is a type of boccai canyon slate that you cannot get anymore

May 29, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
n_

mdler, that's ridiculously gorgeous.

May 29, 08 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Wow, Mdlr, what was remodeled? It looks like a complete ground up job.

May 29, 08 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

mdler I like what n_ said, and will repeat. That's ridiculously gorgeous! You are a talent architect/designer/ 1/3 garwondler - whatever you are!

May 29, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

mdler - it's turning out really gorgeous. Love the pool and the deck and the windows/ staircase. Incredibly sexy. Not really feelin' the fireplace though but I'll wait until I see the final product.

Atechno - What about us in the middle of the country? You not coming to have a drink with the Ohiostan, Indianastan and Kentuckystan people? How sad... I was going to see if I could borrow Pop's Saab and drive you around. Oh well, perhaps next time.

May 29, 08 6:20 pm  · 
 · 

beautious mdler! I missed you friday, but it sounds like you had a great time.

in other news, I just found out that according to my school, piercings are considered disrespectful and will not be allowed to be worn during study abroad. WTF??? They let me teach their students with a nosering in, so how is it suddenly a problem when I am only there as a student? These people drive me mad some days...

May 29, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

thanks guys and gals

sorry about last Friday, Rationalist...I will be back in Seattle next weekend so maybe we can get together?

May 29, 08 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Rationalist....tell them you promise you will remove...them but don't tell them for how long....do it in a letter.....pack the hardware and take it with you....soon as you land....get dressed you sexy babe....what the hell can they do....send you home....I don't think so....Who is going to complain, your going to Europe aren't you?
Just tell them you didn't say how long you would remove the hardware, and once you arrived you saw that it was only a university fobia...and infact people all over the world wear hardware. I only have a ring on my left hand one finger in from the pinky....but if someone told me it was not acceptable....I would eat them for lunch.

May 29, 08 8:23 pm  · 
 · 

ha hah funny snook - I wear mine on my right hand.

Tuna sugar, you don't need to worry...if I had to land anywhere, just anywhere it would be in the middle of the land to see you, Liberty, Vado, SW and whomever else we could rangle to the middle of the land

May 29, 08 9:14 pm  · 
 · 

very nice mdler. i have no problems with the fireplace, but then i think gestalt is a waste of time. and anyway the forms and materials are so eclectic why does another one matter?

regardless, it is a very cool project. and somethign to be proud of. well done mate.

May 29, 08 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Rationalist - That has got to be the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

Awww Atechno thanks. Glad to here you're still planning on visiting those of us that reside here the the middle. Didn't LB allude to us being like an Oreo cookie? Best part is always the middle ;o)

May 29, 08 10:58 pm  · 
 · 

Has anyone seen this news....(Via the BBC)
One of South America's few remaining uncontacted indigenous tribes has been spotted and photographed on the border between Brazil and Peru.

Is it just me or does it seem crazy that there are still some people(s) who have not been contacted by or exposed to modern 'civilized' man (except perhaps environmentally).
Also the photo's of them staring up and gesturing at the airplane camera just make me think of what a spectacle it kind of is... (for them and for us)

May 29, 08 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
some person

mdler: is that the project where they screwed up the concrete in the pool?

May 29, 08 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: