Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Liberty Bell

- I'm moving out of my rental, and will be between my so's house (sos...hmmm) and my purchase whilst I'm renovating. Risky I know, but life is short. Today I actually finalised what I want to do with the place. Tunamelt I may need your assistance in capturing the right ethos for the interior. So chin, you are a star!!

Mar 11, 08 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Got it, techno. I knew I was confused somehow.

vado, like I said, it sounds worse than it is. It's just basically a belt.

I've had a busy busy day and was up until 2:30 last night, so I'm chilling in front of archinect and the tv before I go to bed...soon...

Mar 11, 08 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Awww, Atechno I'll try to help, but not this week. My brain is completely filled to the brim with this project.

I made the mistake of walking into my favorite clothing store. Walked out with 2 shirts (well, 1 blouse and a shirt) and a killer pair of jeans. It seriously should be illegal for me to go into that store.

My lardass of a cat is annoying the crap out of me. Keeps walking over me and my laptop, despite the fact I keep tossing him on the floor. Anyone want to borrow him? ;o). Please excuse I'm feeling a little feisty as I just spent money that I shouldn't have.

Mar 11, 08 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
My lardass of a cat is annoying the crap out of me

My favorite sentence of the day.

Mar 11, 08 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
FRO
Mar 11, 08 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Think I better drag my lard ass to bed....have to go look at a 2.5 million dollar house tomorrow....which is a fixer upper... ficking cold
is hanging in there....but certainly on the mend...just don't want to
chance going in reverse. Ah ya, I have put in my 13 hour Day!

Nice sketch Techno...

Mar 11, 08 9:39 pm  · 
 · 

oops tm that should read "chin up!"

Mar 11, 08 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
Mar 11, 08 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well ladies. if you wanna save money don't go shopping with me. cuz i am totally into shopping with women and i am straight. in london exgf/future wife and i walked into some place along the thames on our way to the tate modern. (its a little freestanding octoganal shaped building next to a pizza place) and she walked out wearin a three hundred dollar sweater. my work was done!

Mar 11, 08 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

was the octogonal building the Shakespeare theatre? Brill story lad, you truly are the gaffer of shopping

Mar 11, 08 10:31 pm  · 
 · 

I was whupped (occasionally and lightly) when young. But only if i had really acted up.
I figure what didn't bruise me....
Seriously, though i wouldn't most likely pass the tradition on to my own children.

Mar 11, 08 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the shoppe is HenriettaPark and the place is gabriel's wharf...

Mar 11, 08 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

i used to think i was good at shopping too. but then my wife wore me out. i just can't keep up.

not that she spends a lot of money. actually the opposite. she'll find the $300 sweater and remember it for months and go back and get it for $45 6mos later. it's kind of amazing.

it's sort of embarrassing how many of our girls' outfits cost, like, $2.50.

Mar 12, 08 7:24 am  · 
 · 
****melt

But Steven the girls grow out of their outfits in five minutes so paying $2,50 ain't all that bad. I shouldn't feel too bad, I only spent $100, it's just that I really wasn't expecting to spend any. Could have been worse, I think everything was on sale. Not only that but I rarely go clothes shopping and some of my clothes I wear these days have holes in them. Tacky I know, but I can't seem to throw them away.

Mar 12, 08 8:22 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

tuna, the boots I'm wearing today are so disreputable. The leather on the heels is peeling off, revealing the plastic support form underneath, like a taxidermied deer head crumbling apart...but I can't stop wearing them, and I can't seem to find time to get to the shoe repair guy to deal with it. Maybe for next fall.

And, I hate shopping, so I won't be getting any new boots soon (unless I can find them super discounted online).

Mar 12, 08 8:58 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

my shoes cost 225 but i bought them on sale for half that.

Mar 12, 08 9:17 am  · 
 · 
aml

i want to go shopping with vado and steven's wife.

Mar 12, 08 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

My sisters took me along to go shopping in Jc penny
before we went out to eat,when they shop they take hours so i completely dreaded it, they went off and looked at
women's clothing for a bit while i went to the men's section
to look at stuff that i dont need, getting bored, and tired of standing
i began to walk around the store, after a few laps i came
across this dark corner where i saw what looked like some
very comfortable seats, as i approached the seats a lamp
showed its glow, but there was something else glowing,
much to my surprise it was a 32" plasma screen with espn
showing. Thank You God.
my sisters shopped for at least 2 hours, while i watched
a game and took a nap,
magnificent.

Mar 12, 08 10:25 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am wearing a new shirt today. its pretty.

Mar 12, 08 10:40 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

and i got it for 60 percent off!!!

Mar 12, 08 10:41 am  · 
 · 

I need to go shopping - I haven't done so in about 18 months. I'm 1.5 pant size smaller, and about 1/2 smaller on top. The missus went shopping for me in hawaii and all I have to say to that is that although its part of the US, their concept of size varies considerably and is far more in line with Asia. Nonetheless I'm wearing one of the new shirts today with a pair of grey chinos I got at Old Navy

Mar 12, 08 11:43 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i;m wearing a suit today!

Mar 12, 08 11:48 am  · 
 · 
****melt

Atechno - I find it cute that you are already referring to her as the missus. Old Navy huh? Their pants never fit me right.

aml - Me too1 Me too. Although I don't think my bank account would be too happy with me.

Vado - Thanks for sharing the website. Just another store full of clothes I love yet cannot afford to buy. Dammit, where's that rich significant other when you need him ;o)

LB - We are kindred spirits. The shoes I'm wearing pretty much sound like they are in the exact same shape. Last week I took a black sharpie to the heel to cover up the wood that is now exposed. Maybe this summer I'll get them repaired. I really don't want to get rid of them b/c they are so damn comfortable.

Philarct - I think more stores need to do that. I always feel bad for the guys that are dragged along on such excursions. Glad you were able though to get in a good nap.

Mar 12, 08 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Black sharpies are always in! ;-)

Mar 12, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

new sharpies rock
and so does this sharpie

Mar 12, 08 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I'm still wearing maternity clothes - it blows. I can't wait to go shopping for normal stuff again. I like most of the stuff at Arden B, though, like Tuna, I can't really afford it either. My justifications for spending massive amounts of money on clothes has my concept of pricing confused, and I think that 20 bucks for a shirt for the new kiddo is a good deal. Then I remember that its not even a yard of fabric, he will have it stained soon enough, and it won't fit him longer than a month - Damn, 20 bucks is expensive!

Mar 12, 08 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

44 magnum
biggest handmarker in the world

well see, now you gotta ask yourself something,
"Do I feel lucky"?

Mar 12, 08 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

well,
do ya?

Mar 12, 08 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

punk!

I'm on my lunch break between LARE sections. the first went down nice and easy, but wtf is the difference between 'goals' and 'objectives'- there were three (out of 90) questions parsing these terms...what does that have to do with health safety and welfare?

at least CLARB has this cute little survey at the end and gives you the opportunity to provide comments on the exam.

one hour and fifteen minutes till my next exam appointment. I'm thinking about heading back over there early to see if I can start sooner then later.

enjoy shopping TC!

Mar 12, 08 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

tunamelt + Liberty, I remember having some dialogue with a vegan in regards to leather boots/shoes. In short that they were good for the environment if done right (from grazing to slaughter, food and bi-products) added that because leather lasts forever and can be reshaped and repaired, the demands were significantly less on the environment. They weren't completely turned but they gave up their holy veggy ways eventually.

Mar 12, 08 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

ahh and in other news tomorrow is a dossy day. I'll be hiking with other members of my team around the proposed area of the town. Its about 200 acres and another 1200 surrounding it for access for vehicles, water, electricity etc. Fun times. I suspect there will be some beer drinking afterwards - wish me luck

Mar 12, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I survived another round of the the LAREs. Now I just gotta figure out if I'm going to do the retest in june or will I be too sleep deprived from expanding the family?

A-techno - island life sounds really nice, hiking, a beer, outdoor showers. Maybe I should pack up and head south!

Mar 12, 08 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Treekiller un important to you or me.... beautiful women...

Mar 12, 08 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

snook, not 'un important' - I'm married to one - that makes her even more important. other beautiful women are less important these days to me.

Mar 12, 08 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

tree killer....that is what I was saying the alure....of the other aspects
of island life....Brazil Life....are what have our hearts....damn I need a Brazil Trip....for an energy boost....nothing like walking into the design center in Rio!

Mar 12, 08 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Good luck Atechno and don't forget to wear good shoes. Keep hydrated too. Sheesh I sound like my mother.

TK - I'm guessing your exams are over. Hope they went well.

Mar 12, 08 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

^^ as it should be TK. When's the beautiful Mrs. Treekiller due again?

Mar 12, 08 10:18 pm  · 
 · 

Bon Dia...

Tree. Glad to hear you got another round of testing complete.

As for a trip south I am all for it.. I need some fun in the sun. Hopefully sooner than later.

Mar 13, 08 8:26 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

may is the magic month that I meet my lil' man.

I survived the exams and don't think I'll need to retest on either of these sections! I was annoyed by the parsing of 'project goals' versus 'project objectives' that wasted three questions - would have rather dealt with three more questions on retaining walls, regional analysis, or site selection. It was nice that there were a few questions on sustainable design principles and processes including one that stumped me. overall there were about 20% of the questions that had me guessing or not 100% sure of the answer...

Now I need to finish my IDP.

Mar 13, 08 10:33 am  · 
 · 
****melt

OMG!!! Panic attack! I don't think our GC knows what the hell he's doing. ACK!!!!! Breathe, just breathe.

Mar 13, 08 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
ether

hola, TC.

We're here. The move was horrible. Probably the most stressful week of my life.. the movers were assholes, incompetent and unhelpful. I'll save the whole story for later but basically they didn't provide us with enough room on the truck (so we had to leave stuff behind) then threatened to put our stuff in storage where we would not have access to it until they said so, then threatened to charge us more money... yes, it was one of those stories... I'm hoping to have time to craft a letter which will be sent to the Better Business Bureau. i want to create a thread so everyone knows the names of the people and of the companies we dealt with..

from the good news department, the job rocks my socks.

hope everyone is well.

Mar 13, 08 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

sorry i missed you before you guys left, ether. i know how busy you must have been. good luck with the new job and keep in touch!

Mar 13, 08 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

I'm back. Walk took a long time, home now and having nachos.

Mar 13, 08 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

barry, congrats on geting the exams done. the wifey doing good?

Mar 13, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

ether- glad the job is worth the horrors of the move... how are you enjoying philly?

ken- how was Santa Monica? the wifey is doing good.

Mar 13, 08 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i fly today...

Mar 13, 08 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

safe travels!

Mar 13, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

i love to fly, but hate turbulance
favorite airline?
mine is British ariways (military brat)

Mar 13, 08 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

I guess grad school season is back in full swing. Looks like i gotta find a temporary shelter for a bit.

Mar 13, 08 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Just spend time hanging out in the news section, Apu. That's where to fun is!

I did see your comment yesterday re: that comment about women being "responsible" for men's balls being a joke, by the way. I think it's funny I overreacted so much, though I also think what i wrote is relevant to the way a LOT of people - not only men! - think.

My mood has been pretty bad recently, but a couple of days spending time in the sunshine/a convertible has helped immensely - guess I've been afflicted with SAD.

Mar 13, 08 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: