Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

****melt

DubK - I'm sending you a virtual hug right now. Can you feel it? I second LB's opinion.

It's late and I'm tired and I think I just posted something on another thread that ultimately made no sense, but oh well, maybe there will be a "delete post" option in the next version of archinect. G'night TC. Sweet Dreams.

Mar 5, 08 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thank you thank you thank you.....B it is. I did take a few breaths, and then I had two glasses of wine, and now I'm doing very well. :o)

Love you all!

Mar 6, 08 1:05 am  · 
 · 

go for B, the guild basketball games aren't the be all and end all anyways.

Mar 6, 08 2:14 am  · 
 · 

i think you rock wonder k and whatever choice you make is gonna work out. but b sounds good to me.

Mar 6, 08 3:54 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

we are having our annual meeting tomorrow. folks from our other office will be coming in tonight and we are supposed to kick it off with dinner at a pricey restaraunt downtown. this would be cool except i am so not into hanging out with anyone i work with. is a free meal worth it? maybe not.

Mar 6, 08 8:28 am  · 
 · 
Wonder K

I am sending a big hug to via the vibrations of the internet. Can you feel it? Cheer up, I think B is your best bet as well. Ultimately its a basketball game, and you can always hide that simple fact.

Tumbles I am sure your neighbours wouldn't mind you showering out there. Nonetheless come visit, I will let you know when its all done (granted your presence would be more than welcome prior to lift a block or two). Anyone fancy learning construction island style?

Mar 6, 08 8:44 am  · 
 · 

you are lucky its just a meal vado.

my first year in japan office we were all required to take holidays as office together...i loved my co-workers but after stupid long working hours does it really makes sense to go as group to an onsen for a weekend? they were shocked when i asked if my wife could come along too. was awful. everyone drunk and boring as hell cuz we had already said everything we could say in the office... i stopped going. japanese colleagues could not do that and 10 years on are still going to onsens en masse...sometimes being the gaijin has perks...

archi, would LOVE to help out. hard labor is very nice feeling for me now i am stuck behind computer...if you can wait till i finish my dissertation then pay for me to fly there i am totally ready to go...;-)

Mar 6, 08 10:26 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ARGH my dear client! When you tell me you are buying a 15" wide sink, then instead change your mind and order an 18" wide sink, you must understand that the 2'-3" dimension I gave the electrician yesterday now doesn't work at all!! Why don't you tell me when you change your mind?!?!?

F*kin hell it's 10:30 and my day is already three hours behind schedule because of a 3" dimension.

Had to blow off some steam. Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Mar 6, 08 10:35 am  · 
 · 

lb, just tell 'em 'size matters' and see what kind of reaction you get.

Mar 6, 08 10:47 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

like Obama, my father is also foreign born and mother is from NJ...oh, i can't wait to see Kalifornia for the first time and perhaps surfing and napalm!

Mar 6, 08 11:04 am  · 
 · 
Liberty Bell

my day is also going to sweet flying fuck! Our it guy has dropped the ball again - we are waiting to see what he's done. So as it stands the most important panel is incomplete. It is looking like a legal matter - but we are being made out into absolute fools at the moment, and there is blood in our eyes. I only wish there was a 24hr non-stop shop to get walk-throughs

Mar 6, 08 11:10 am  · 
 · 
mdler

vado

a free meal and drunk hot 20yr olds....I say go for it

Mar 6, 08 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

anybody else hoping that brett favre will run for president now that he's stepping down as lead quarterback of the green bay packers? i'm pretty sure he's more appealing to the average voter than clinton, obama, and mccain.

Mar 6, 08 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
aml

most evil of all the construction related people, the cabinet maker. the cabinet maker is an evil creature that will change your finishes, dimensions, pick a different handle and add curvy moldings to the rounded doors that by the way, were supposed to be straight-cornered. evil, evil cabinet maker, i'd lay a curse on you if i like, believed in witches and that sort of stuff. of course the evil cabinet maker will deliver all these [mistaken] cabinets several weeks too late, when there are very few things that can be change because we really need to finish the house.

Mar 6, 08 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Aww, hell, aml - that post reminds me I have to go visit my own evil cabinetmaker's most recent disaster on my way to another meeting - see you all later.

Mar 6, 08 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

it must be cabinet maker day. I just returned from seeing ours - granted the mistaken and respondsibility is all mine. I made him cut an opening 20" high rather than 20" from the base. We were able to adjust it without any struggle though. But I think all the other stresses are piling up on me.

Mar 6, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Hey, screw you guys. On the slow days at work I help out in our cabinet shop. Given, the builder I work for owns his own cabinet shop, so stuff doesn't really get messed up or show up late...

techno, sounds like you're having a hell of a day.

Mar 6, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 

so at the 9th hour the organiser asked if we could find someone else to do a quick walk through. So I did. Its a 20 hour contract to first delivery, then refinement within the next 20 hours. We are expecting to pay out of our nostrils. Oh well.

and yes rful its a fucked up day

Mar 6, 08 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

archie.....you should of told the first guy he was going to pick up the tab for the second guy....our you were going to show him what a fly over looks like instood of a walk thru....

Mar 6, 08 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Awwww, Atechno, LB and aml, I'm sending vibes that tomorrow is much better for you guys. Am crossing my fingers too.

Mar 6, 08 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

I really need to clean up my language, apologies TC...today was a struggle

Mar 6, 08 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

snook, first guy is going for broke. He's already been told to return his deposit

Mar 6, 08 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm still alive

Mar 7, 08 8:02 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

It looks like I'm going to have an Archinectastic day today. I'm home from work taking care of my wife while she suffers through the flu. Good thing I'm married to the bosses daughter. ;)

Mar 7, 08 8:09 am  · 
 · 

Hope all TCers' have a better day today than LB, Archi and AML was yesterday..

Cheers everyone it is Fri!

Mar 7, 08 8:39 am  · 
 · 
Philarct

another day at the office,
happy friday

Mar 7, 08 9:42 am  · 
 · 
aml

rfuller, it is most certainly this particular cabinet maker i have employed that is extraordinarily evil.

Mar 7, 08 9:45 am  · 
 · 
rfuller

That's unfortunate, aml. Most of the guys I work with (in the cabinet shop) are extraordinarily nice. They're still a little rough around the edges, and have a horrible attitude about work. But they're nice guys who do great work. And they do it to spec and they do it on time.

Mar 7, 08 10:16 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

in my experience most carpenters/ cabinetmakers/ highly skilled labor are usually far more interesting to talk to/hang out with than most architects. but then i again i have a lot of respect for people that can work with their hands.

i also have a certain amount of empathy since i know how we as architects are so quick to change our minds and expect other people to be able to make changes.

with that said a good cabinetmaker is a contact you should hold onto.

Mar 7, 08 11:45 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

wow... the nect seems really dead today...

Mar 7, 08 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Mar 7, 08 2:34 pm  · 
 · 

True that..

Where is everyone? I am bored....

Didn't spring break just start for some schools? wish i was still in school.
Why doesn't the professional world have the equivalent of spring break>??

Mar 7, 08 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LiG- I've been there, done that...it's a slow friday, cause we're all busy!

the client is saying we're getting the $$$ next week. how long can this drag on????

Mar 7, 08 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

slow here too, so....

shameless daddy pride:

she and her big sister are going sledding for the first time this weekend!

Mar 7, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Beautiful, Steven!

lars and rfuller, oyu hit the issue on the head" a good cabinet maker is worth his/her weight in gold. The bad ones are pure evil. I have a guy I love to work with, but he's a small shop. And the contractor on this job had his own guy he likes, so...it started off well, with the kitchen cabinets close to eprfect, but then the casework elsewhere in the hosue must have been done by another member of their crew - and their installation crew is a disaster. Tiny little scribe mouldings everywhere and there are supposed to be none! And a few site-rigged details thata re just completely unacceptable.

Anyway, not slagging all cabinetmakers, just the lazy ones.

It IS quiet today - personally, I'm scary-busy, so back to my RCP.

Mar 7, 08 3:54 pm  · 
 · 

lig, that is a pretty funny cartoon. thanks. btw, i e mailed you to ask for something. i doubt you check your archinect mails. can you e mail me so i can ask again?

Mar 7, 08 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What archinect desperately needs lately is a lot more Orhan.

Mar 7, 08 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Email sent.... For some reason I never receive emails sent to me through archinect.

Mar 7, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Hi TC! There is a literal blizzard warning for tonight. The first one I can remember, literally. Should be quite interesting. Yippee Skippy. But before it starts blowing, I'm off to get my hair cut. Gotta run.

LIG - that cartoon rocks. How true! How true!

Mar 7, 08 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

tuna check your email.

nam, my spring break starts a week from tomorrow, just when tuna arrives to visit me! And it couldn't come soon enough!

Mar 7, 08 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

LB..
I agree more Orhan is always better.

We had crazy weather today. apparently from a storm system (maybe the one you talked about Sarah Hamilton) that was in Texas a couple of days ago. Tornado(s) and deaths even..

Luckily no one i know, but my employer(s)' hospital system was...
I really need a haircut, myself. Unfortunately my friend who was in cosmetology school has now moved.

Mar 7, 08 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

Also...
AML, your Christo pic inspired me and then i came across these...

Via Designboom, Por Las Ramas. Transitory cocoons.

Mar 7, 08 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Big Rain in the Forecast.....most likely flooding....so I guess tomorrow will be another work day....maybe I will sleep in late in the morning and finally put this cold to rest. Take care all you party animals.

Mar 7, 08 6:38 pm  · 
 · 

tumbles- are they at the exact same times/ the exact same length? What we always did in these instances is ask to be scheduled first or last in the review, according to how it would work to let us miss part of the review, but be back in order to be reviewed ourselves, and make it to the other class.

Mar 7, 08 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

tumbles, no offense to you whatsoever but some people at your school sound like ass-clowns.

Mar 7, 08 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

DubK - me or Spring Break couldn't come sooner? ;o) Check your email.

That really sucks tumbles. Professors like that really annoy the shit out of me.

Mar 7, 08 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
tumbles

comment warranted a response by mdler (is he slacking?) re: the multiple bodies.

Anyway something happened this evening and I don't know how to say it without seeming...well weird. But I heard someone laugh today and thought... sounds like Wonder K or maybe Liberty Bell. Most might not think this is not so odd but I've never heard either their voices. Perhaps I am having Thread Central withdrawl symptoms (do not scroll up to my many previous posts)

Notwithstanding, I have come up with a solution, tc' regulars, contact me via skype one of these days. Let's chat.

Mar 7, 08 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

tuna, you AND spring break couldn't come soon enough.

techno, I can't wait to hear your voice. Perhaps tuna and I will call you one afternoon when she's in town next week! You'll probably get a huge kick out of my laugh....my friends imitate it all the time in an attempt to get me to do it more. It is rather funny.

Mar 7, 08 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

in other news...I paid an exorbetant amount to my QS today for a valuation she did on my house. Oddly enough I prepared most of the information used in the report...wtf?

Mar 7, 08 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

You gotta love that, don't you Atechno? How in the hell does that happen?

Woo-hoo! 7 more days and then I'm in LA. And not a minute too soon.

DubK your statement You'll probably get a huge kick out of my laugh....my friends imitate it all the time in an attempt to get me to do it more. It is rather funny. Made ME laugh.

Mar 7, 08 8:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: