Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

vado retro

and i used to think i was special!

Jan 15, 08 5:30 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Ugh. Road signs have been done to death, but this was the best 178 graphic I could find.

Jan 15, 08 7:14 am  · 
 · 

i'm all bunched up in the middle of the graph.

Your Aspie score: 81 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 115 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Jan 15, 08 7:17 am  · 
 · 

arggh.

Jan 15, 08 7:19 am  · 
 · 

depending whether i'm feeling optimistic or pessimistic, this can mean either that i'm well-rounded (with a few little bumps and lumps) or as hopelessly average as i always think i am.

Jan 15, 08 7:22 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Road signs may have been done to death, LiG, but I like that one!

And Steven, since I was all in the middle too, I'm going to go with 'well-rounded.'

Jan 15, 08 8:42 am  · 
 · 

with all those graphs I feel bad I didn't finish my test...sigh. Back to the test

Jan 15, 08 9:05 am  · 
 · 

okay something is wrong with me, the test told me "You have answered inconsistently on too many control-questions"

Jan 15, 08 9:35 am  · 
 · 

dumb stupid test!

Jan 15, 08 9:35 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

a-techno, you are obviously crazy. ;-)

I like that phrasing, Steven, that you are all "bunched up" in the middle.

jump: I forgot to mention yesterday how much I love that awesome table and chairs you scored. Congrats on those - I love them even more because they are secondhand, so there is a story behind them. I hate buying new things, would much rather have everything secondhand, and when you can get something that cool, even better!

I think the scenario of living in a different culture is actually a pretty good analogy for Asperger's, at least as I understand it.

Jan 15, 08 9:41 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Also: I only got 110 on the giftedness score. But I think it's a poorly designed test; I knew which way I was "supposed" to answer to score highly, and was feeling like it was arrogant to keep answering that way.

Jan 15, 08 9:43 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

we have a couple of women in our studio who sound like freakin ungulet livestock when they walk. wtf? i weigh 190 pounds and am a ninja compared to them. it is unladylike!

Jan 15, 08 9:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

but i think on the test, i answered that stomping feet doesnt bother me.

Jan 15, 08 9:45 am  · 
 · 

@ LibertyBell

I too think almost everything is better purchased second hand. From clothing to house furnishings..It just usually has a better story or "feel" to it...

As for the herd of women thumping around..At least it lets you know when they are nearby?

Jan 15, 08 9:54 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My contractors can always tell when I'm approaching them on the jobsite because they hear my hard boots from three rooms away. They like it like that.

Jan 15, 08 10:05 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

lb, you mean they can't hear the shotgun cocking over your loud boots?

Jan 15, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah but stompin on a jobsite is different than at the office. they keep wakin me up.

Jan 15, 08 10:10 am  · 
 · 

It's all right Steven- if you look back a page, you'll see that I'm not too far off from you.

Jan 15, 08 10:11 am  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
Jan 15, 08 10:22 am  · 
 · 
n_

For the record, I too answered that stomping feet do not bother me.

Jan 15, 08 11:49 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

PROPHET, I was thinking more like that.

Jan 15, 08 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

what is a group/more than one woman called?

well it turns out that I sliced a piece of my finger off this morning when i was peeling oranges for the staff this morning. It didn't hurt or anything but I was wondering what that flapping sound was when I was driving..t'was my finger. It so reminded me of Gin and Tunamelt's recall of their scapel incidents. I guess we are all siblings in band-aids.

Its a wonder they don't make band-aid specifically for the architect minded...perhaps with ghost image of [insert]culturally acceptable modern architecture...eames, la tourette, falling w..nah

Jan 15, 08 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Aww Techno - how much did you take off anyway? Sounds like a lot if you could hear it flapping. My flesh wound is healing quite nicely. I am finally down to just one band-aid. Hopefully by next week it will be healed enough I won't need one.

At the moment I am huddled up next to my space heater. We did a walk through this morning of the space. It's freaking huge and I still haven't quite gotten my head around the whole thing. After the tour we stood outside talking to the client for what felt like hours, although in reality it was probably no more than 15 or 20 minutes. I wasn't wearing the proper cold weather. Tomorrow I believe we start surveying the place. Time to get the silk thermals out,

Jan 15, 08 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
I PREFER DOUG OVER DAVE ANYDAY.

Jan 15, 08 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Ugh, I absolutely despise surveying in cold weather! tuna, go for serious thermals - I have thermals that are regular waffle weave outside with fleece lining inside - wearin'em today in fact. They are very sexy...not.........and get some fingerless gloves for tomorrow, too.

Jan 15, 08 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Fortunately it's okay inside. Roughly 55-60 degrees. Your thermals sound awesome, but I think my silks will do just fine, especially with another layer and my fleece pullover to top off everything. Hell they got me through 5 years of walking through the wind tunnels of OSU just fine (and those wind tunnels suck). I've learned the art of layering and when dressed accordingly, I very rarely get cold. The only thing I'm worried about is my feet. I have thick fleece lined wool socks but they are too thick for any of my shoes and my toes start freezing b/c of it.

I was thinking the same exact thing about the fingerless gloves, but I'm not sure where I can find them this late in the "season". Why the hell they start selling Spring stuff in the dead of winter, will always be a mystery to me. Anyone have any ideas of where I can find a decent pair?

Jan 15, 08 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Its been slow on here today. Are people actually working?

Jan 15, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm at work but not really working, as I don't have much to do. I'm bouncing between here (thinking about Macworld) and Facebook (thinking about SuperPoking some people).

Jan 15, 08 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Since I got back from my site visit I've had nothing to do. I just booked a flight though to LA which makes me happy. YAY!! Fortunately starting tomorrow, the next few months look promising in the busy-ness dept.

Jan 15, 08 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

busy day. we're finalizing agreements with consultants, negotiating with our joint-venture partner, planning a big meeting, booking flights to new jersey, and staffing the show. then we have a surprise party for the firms patriarch/founder's 85th birthday. (and a little archinecting as i come up for air).

wK, you should change your name to superpoKe

Jan 15, 08 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

ok, what is poking?

Jan 15, 08 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My workday has been boring as hell, and I have a splitting headache. I just want to go home and sleep.

If I get home and my roommate has a fucking NCAA basketball game on, I may just have to kill him.

Jan 15, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Andune, SuperPoking/Poking is Facebook's way of communicating with someone without really communicating with them. It's quite silly, involves many small animations, and is a great way to pass time. Recently I've discovered an action called "chuck up"....I have no idea what it means, but it involves a pair of female knickers with a penguin on them. So there you go.

Jan 15, 08 6:13 pm  · 
 · 

chuckup's icon

and I just threw a sheep at wK:

Jan 15, 08 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

ahahahahaha. the world is slowly turning...cutely....crazy.

thanks lb. the furniture is super cool. i always liked arne jacobson so i am totally thrilled. most cool is the label/stickers saying made in danmark in 1988 is still attached to most of the chairs and table. 3 hours of cleaning and the things look almost new. modernism with a lived in feel (not an easy thing to achieve). totally what i love about architecture at its best.

i don't mind stomping either. large women? sounds like my family back in canada. am quite sure my mum and aunts weigh twice what i do, and i am 90 kg. not healthy and worrying. interestingy i can think of only one heavy person that i know in japan. literally. and she ain't even all that heavy. north americans are gtting bigger and bigger. every time i go home i am shocked by the extra baggage...sorta freaky really. what's going on?

Jan 15, 08 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

jump, your guess is as good as mine. I would say that I have an average amount of baggage but I'm fit and healthy, as are most people here in SoCal. It threw me for a loop when I went back home and found so many, um, larger people.

Jan 15, 08 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Agreed... I'm not exactly skinny myself, but not really fat either. I'm probably shaped more like Fred Flintstone than anybody else. Here in NYC I'm usually a bit larger than most of the other people I see out and about, but when I went to visit my parents in North Carolina, I was shocked to discover that I was apparently one of the skinniest people in the county.

Jan 15, 08 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
n_

God bless the Dirty South.

Jan 15, 08 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Americans keep making great discoveries like the deep fried peanut butter & jelly sandwiich.

Jan 15, 08 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Thus, largeness ensues.

Jan 15, 08 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Your Aspie score: 85 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 131 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

My chart seems "rounder" than everyone else's... I found I answered "1 - a little" to many of the questions.

Jan 15, 08 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Just curious, but are Mdler & Tumbles the first Archinect love connection? Or were you two acquainted pre "what archinectors look like" thread?

Jan 15, 08 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

think they work(ed) together...

Jan 15, 08 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Sorry to interupt but I'm in need of some TC comfort. My gray kitty has been missing now for over two days. She went out Sunday afternoon and hasn't been home since. It's not that unusual for her to be missing a day or so, but I'm getting worried. I've been sending "Leelloo come home" vibes to her, but she hasn't gotten the message yet. :o/ Hopefully this will help.

Jan 15, 08 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh no! Leelloo go home.....(I'm trying too)....

Jan 15, 08 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Thanks DubK. I'm just hoping the little shit is chillin' on someone else's couch, all nice and toasty and warm. Come Home Dammit!!!!

Jan 15, 08 10:56 pm  · 
 · 

I always loved when folks brought their pets to school. It wasn't allowed so watch 150 people trying to hide a dog from administration - funny. Mies is cute I can't understand the problem. Tumbles is cute too, serious couldn't understand the dilemma.

So we had a little problem with the French battleship that was docked day before yesterday - they were supposed to have a 3 day stay here, but apparently they were blocking cargo vessels from docking and well there needed to be an intervention. Hmm we almost had the closet thing to a war here in Montserrat...the French might of taken over again. Yippee..bagettes and expressos for everyone~~

Jan 16, 08 8:22 am  · 
 · 

Oh wait are tumbles and mdler really an item or they still poking fun?

Jan 16, 08 8:23 am  · 
 · 

weirdest thing today...a really amazing super cool friend of my wife and i may or may not have died a year and a half ago. we lost track of her (as ex-pats sometimes do) and tried googling her name on a whim this evening, and only place she shows up is in notices of obits. no actual obits to be found, but her name is one in a million unique so seems likely to be real....my wife is in shock. i think i am too.

shit.

Jan 16, 08 9:14 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

That would explain why she hasn't been in touch, but maybe more reconnaissance is in order.

Jan 16, 08 9:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: