Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

****melt

HA! I'm online looking for a local tile distributor and what pops up on the first page but a link to this.

Jan 14, 08 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thanks lb and thanks for listening to my rant!!!

Jan 14, 08 1:55 pm  · 
 · 

hey Tuna, funny I was about to create a thread on specifications/dealer but decided to stop at TC to see if it worth creating. Anyone here think its a worthy thread, a one-stop place to find all the stuff you need, names of manufacturers, brands, dealers etc etc.

shite now I'm sounding like that guy on tv that shouts "Oxy-clean!!"

I am feeling a little excited going to hang out with a bunch of froggy sailors on their battle ship. Ahh its cool to be an urban planner at a port town. Pictures to come

Jan 14, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LiG- that means you have well above average intelligence, I'd be happy to have you on my project teams. If you really want to find out if you are an aspie, I can send you info of folks in nyc for a real assessment (via mrs. tk). mrs. tk can also suggest some coaches. drop me a note.

I've been thinking for a while about starting an adhd/adult add thread. my diagnosis and sequential prescription changed my life for the better. I love modern pharmacology!

So maybe we can do a joint aspie/add thread since I'm sure that lots of archinecteurs share our quirks. Anybody else ready to come out to of the closet with neurological issues?

Jan 14, 08 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i think i have AD/HD, don't know how to get an assessment though...

Jan 14, 08 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

tuna, I think it's weird that my one comment "tile distributor" ends up getting you that page...is it because google knows you spend time on archinect thus started by searching here?

Weird.

Jan 14, 08 2:14 pm  · 
 · 

oh, google knows alright...

Jan 14, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

beta- I can ask the missus for you...

Jan 14, 08 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I am surprised no one has shared x-mas gifts. i'll share one that my sister got me and the missus; she gave me an AMC Associate pass, that means for the entire year, me and 5 guests can see movies for free! now with the exception of what wifey got me, all cool gear, this has to be the coolest gift i have received....yeah!

Jan 14, 08 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

TK: email sent... Thanks for the offer.

I wouldn't be opposed to a dedicated thread on this topic, but I'm not sure if I feel up to starting one myself. I'm sort of a chickenshit that way.

Jan 14, 08 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Aspie score: 102 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 110 of 200

"You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits"

I knew I wasn't normal.

Jan 14, 08 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

I'm not sure I'd want to share what xmas gifts I got, some were lame/funny other more personal. For example I got a pair of socks - because the first I came over straight from work I had a pair of socks with my toe sticking out. I know I know how embarassing. But I also go a money clip, handmade, with my initial to replace the one that got stolen.

Jan 14, 08 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
John Cline

Your Aspie score: 67 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 144 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

hmm. does this mean i'm normal? i thought for sure at the end of the test a message was going to pop up and tell me to not pass 'go' but head straight for the doctor or something.

Jan 14, 08 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Yes, neurotypical = "normal".

Doesn't mean you're not crazy, though... Just means you're not autistic.

Jan 14, 08 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

That was the longest quiz EVER!

I got 112 of 200, I'm in the middle.

Jan 14, 08 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Your Aspie score: 25 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 178 of 200

this is my brain on strattera.

Jan 14, 08 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Not so good at hunting, huh?

Jan 14, 08 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

oh, wait, Hunting is on both sides. I don't get the chart at all.

Jan 14, 08 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

yeah it is a weird chart. but yes, I'm not a hunter.

Jan 14, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Hmmm - that chart makes my brain hurt.

TK - I'd welcome an ADHD/ADD Thread as I was diagnosed 4 years ago. It was rather a relief that there was an actual reason why so many projects I started never got finished.

Jan 14, 08 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Giftedness-score: 104 of 152

look for the ADD/ADHD thread when I get around to it.....
(that's supposed to be a joke).

Jan 14, 08 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

LOL TK!!! That's typically my line.

Jan 14, 08 7:03 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm, this is me

Jan 14, 08 7:29 pm  · 
 · 

that's an 85 out of 200

giftedness was 123 out of 152

Jan 14, 08 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

quiz.....that sounds alot like a semester final! I don't think Woodie Guthrie ever bought into these kind of studies an I doubt if Albert Einstein ever did.....I more or less dismiss this as unscience... control
groups are really hard to control when your dealing with the whole human race. Their sample pools are so small and statistics are so vague that you could make a study like this say just about anything you want. Now I know you all think I'm crazy, yet is is good to be crazy in this profession. Dodging bullets like, Crazy Horse has got to be a hell of alot more fun than trying to figure out if your head is screwed on right. When we believe we are little then we are little. When we believe we are creative then we are creative...so just believe in yourself and screw what the unscientist say.

Jan 14, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

beta - my dad found this site helpful when he first decided to look into a possible ADD diagnosis for himself.

Jan 14, 08 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

i'm still alive...

LiG, i'm a big fan of dark city too...

here's my results...

Your Aspie score: 38 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 172 of 200

Jan 14, 08 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Yay me!

Jan 14, 08 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Wow, what architect can resist posting a diagram that reveals their total personality?!?

I'm as typical as they come.

Jan 14, 08 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

Your Aspie score: 81 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 110 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Giftedness-score: 122 of 152

Jan 14, 08 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

tk, it looks like you and I would get along great!

LiG, I mean this sincerely: yours is fascinating.

Jan 14, 08 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My favorite question was "Do you sometimes have the urge to jump over things?"

No, but climb things, yes; caress materials, yes; stomp in puddles, yes; etc. etc.

Jan 14, 08 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I just realized that mine looks like someone wearing a funny hat. does that mean anything?

Jan 14, 08 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Your Aspie score: 40 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 180 of 200

Jan 14, 08 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

@LB - I like caressing materials too. In fact I've been known to walk to the other side of the room just to do so. I attribute this affliction to my interior design degree b/c I don't remember ever doing so before then.

Jan 14, 08 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

so my xgf/fw is coming to indy for a short stay and for the life of me i can't think of one interesting thing to take her to see! guess its time to move.

Jan 14, 08 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Fear not, Neurotypicals. There's help for you out there. :)

Jan 14, 08 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my add is directly related to what i'm trying to pay attention to.

things i can concentrate on for a long time...

women
movies
books i like
women
painting

where add kicks in...

work
reading boring things
listening to boring people
looking at a computer for very long

Jan 14, 08 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Jan 14, 08 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Your Aspie score: 38 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 171 of 200

Giftedness-score: 118 of 152

Jan 14, 08 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

What Is NT?

Neurotypical syndrome is a neurobiological disorder characterized by preoccupation with social concerns, delusions of superiority, and obsession with conformity.

Neurotypical individuals often assume that their experience of the world is either the only one, or the only correct one. NTs find it difficult to be alone. NTs are often intolerant of seemingly minor differences in others. When in groups NTs are socially and behaviorally rigid, and frequently insist upon the performance of dysfunctional, destructive, and even impossible rituals as a way of maintaining group identity. NTs find it difficult to communicate directly, and have a much higher incidence of lying as compared to persons on the autistic spectrum.

NT is believed to be genetic in origin. Autopsies have shown the brain of the neurotypical is typically smaller than that of an autistic individual and may have overdeveloped areas related to social behavior.

Jan 14, 08 11:25 pm  · 
 · 

Your Aspie score: 30 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 170 of 200

link

Jan 14, 08 11:30 pm  · 
 · 

AHHH!

Jan 14, 08 11:31 pm  · 
 · 

there we go...

Jan 14, 08 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hi all. I, too, like quizzes but that was awfully long. Still, I did it anyway.

Your Aspie score: 35 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 179 of 200

Giftedness-score: 119 of 152

I seem to be between tuna, architphil and TK. I guess I am NT. I wish they had something to explain why I come off as neurotypical but I'm so bad at dating. Er, wait, maybe it's because I'm so often attracted to guys who may or may not like other guys. Yeppers, that might do it.

Jan 15, 08 12:00 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

beta, you and I are nearly spot-on! Great minds think alike ;o)

Jan 15, 08 12:01 am  · 
 · 

my test came out almost like the whole pie on level 6-7. giftedness test; same. i am well rounded but no genius. i am eating raw cashews right now and making a sculpture of them depicting set of teeth. not everything is well rounded, i guess.

did you know that bananas all have the exact same genetical strand regardless of the edibility, size and location they are grown? even though they are different like that, there are only same kind of bananas.

Jan 15, 08 12:34 am  · 
 · 

Your Aspie score: 28 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 174 of 200
Giftedness-score: 128 of 152

seems a lot of us have similar personalities if the test can be beleived

i have to admit i didn't know how to answer some of those questions cuz i function in a culture in which i wasn't raised and still make mistakes when dealing with japanese folks allatime.

i get the feeling a lot of the questions could be explained by just moving from one culture to another. no one really hugs in japan, or at least in my group of friends. and shaking hands? fogetaboutit. but in london we were kissing each other all over the place. my cowboy cousins would have a fit with all the touching going on...

and that whole using sounds no one else uses is part of the japanese language. you are expected to speak with onomatepoeia ejaculations of your own making in daily conversation...but i wouldn't do that back in canada...

anyway...

Jan 15, 08 1:12 am  · 
 · 
myriam

the french make a lot of weird noises too; i LOVED it and finally felt like i fit in when i lived there.

I know exactly where I would be on that test, phew, one less test I have to take. I have had a roommate and a couple friends who had Aspergers' and boy, you could definitely tell. I do not have Aspergers'.

Jan 15, 08 1:36 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

Jan 15, 08 5:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: