Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

liberty bell

Oh, and vado, I hope your glasses case magically reappeared since I last spoke to you? What a drag.

And DubK I love the brunch reviews.

Jul 9, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

LB...I'm sure I missed it somewhere...but what is this teaching gig? HS students? short term/ long term? It seems you're all over the place having a lot of fun and I'd love to know more, but I'm sure i missed it in TC (or somewhere). I feel like everyone else knows what you're doing and wanna know too- haha...especially when you post the pics and I wonder who all those mini designers are...

Jul 9, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

WTD - Here is the link to the Kentucky Governor's School for the Arts, where I taught last summer with Steven Ward and this summer with someone else (Steven was on sabbatical). It is a three-week immersion program for various arts disciplines, including architecture.

Jul 9, 07 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

wow...that looks like a really cool program! I wish I had access to something like that as a kid- it would have saved me a lot of agony had I found my love for design earlier- I wouldn't have wasted so much time! Anyway, congrats! That looks great...

Jul 9, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

hey welcome back Liberty - I've missed your additions on TC (and on archinect in general)

WK I really hope we can find a great spot one day to do lunch, it would be fun doing a guest culinary editorial. And for the mention, don't worry about it - always great to share/advertise.

Jul 9, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

to all concerned here's the link to my page linking dub's wonderSphere

Jul 9, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

WK, I simply cannot read your blog when I am this hungry. Those pictures are ridiculous!

Jul 9, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

and today makes 6 months since my seizure.

Not a bad recovery

Jul 9, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

looks like i'm out a couple of c notes on my sunglasses. now i'll have to spend some fun time at the dmv and get a new atm card. oh joy.

Jul 9, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

not bad at all, techno. Good luck on your continued good health.

On another note, Crystal Light has gone MIA. I was quite enjoying a day without her until I found out that nobody knew where the heck she is as she didn't bother to call in. Now I'm trying to convince myself that she's a flake who's quitting on us without notice, not eaten by her cats or something.

Jul 9, 07 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

thanks tumbles :)

Jul 9, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 

hey vado, wait 24 hours before you start replacing anything. Sometimes things get placed in unusual places - I know it must be stressful nonetheless.

If by chance they are indeed lost, create a smile by thinking about what type of glasses you are going to get next!!

Jul 9, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

One week in town, and I've got three firms that want to interview me so far... Wish me luck.

Jul 9, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
ever heard of calling your superior, kids?

yeah, this lady definitely does not fit in the category of 'kids'. She should be well beyond that sort of behaviour by this stage of her life.

Jul 9, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh my goodness, tumbles, if I ever employed someone that did that....didn't show up for days at a time and didn't call in....their ass would be grass so quickly that....well, I can't think of a good analogy here but you know what I mean.

LIG at first I thought you were posting a picture of one of the firms that wanted to hire you and I thought, "wow, he actually wants to work there?"

architechno, I'm so glad you are doing better. Here's to good health! With a brief exception on Sunday mornings :o)

Jul 9, 07 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado, let me go with you to pick out your new glasses!!

Jul 9, 07 7:29 pm  · 
 · 

tumbles, I wondered after seeing his new name. Will he still come to the various moving parties?

Jul 9, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 

how about a tc 's shades for vado contest? i'll start w/ these bobsters.

Bobster Tactical Goggles Smoked Lens - BTA001R
The tac goggles offers flexibility and durability, which allows it to contour to the wearer's face. It is ideal for military and law enforcement and provides complete protection from wind and dust. The Grilamid frame is shock-resistant, non-allergenic, and light-weight. The polycarbonate lenses are shatter-resistant and provide 100% protection against UVA and UVB ultraviolet rays, which can be damaging to the eyes.

BLOW OUT PRICE REGULAR RETAIL 24.95 OVER STOCK SALE.

Jul 9, 07 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

vado - i can relate. someone recently lost a pair of highly prized oakley's that i'd been wearing for five years. they were known as hot baked muffins because that's what you thought of when wearing them...they were just that pleasing on the eyes.

i used to have these also:

i loved them, but they caused me to endure much taunting from my crew of hoodlum friends who thought they were extremely EUROTRASHy.

fashion first, i say. or was it beer first?

i always mix those two up.

Jul 9, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I don't know what vado looks like, but i picture him in some thick chrome aviators.

Jul 9, 07 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

I never thought i'd like oakleys (they're too sporty for me), but I just got these and they're sick!

Jul 9, 07 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

omg tumbles, that puppies face is ridiculously cute!

Jul 9, 07 7:56 pm  · 
 · 

oh, and a very belated resposne to WTD's question: I felt perfectly fine this morning, thank you.

Jul 9, 07 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

BCG'S (birth control glasses) all the way.

Jul 9, 07 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

they looked like this and i really liked them. hopefully, if i dropped the case in the parking lot or in the buiding stairwell maybe the janitor found em. sucks...

Jul 9, 07 8:04 pm  · 
 · 

look at vado looking all french and sytlish

Jul 9, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 

*stylish

Jul 9, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado wears these when he looks at all the girlz..

Jul 9, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

actually thats all english...

vintage burberry irish tweed
scarf from cambridge(the real one)
kangol designed in engalund made in a sweatshop somewherez.

Jul 9, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 

get some massive glasses...

hmm image kinda looks like vado with a funky hairdo

Jul 9, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

vado, would that look be described as "Olde English?" j/k fellow crag master...

speaking of craggy fucks, i was in a coordination meeting where it turned out i was the oldest one there, yet i felt like the youngest.....everyone is so professional and serious....

Jul 9, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

whoa didn't notice the furry in mesh lace - sweet!

Jul 9, 07 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

[beta] when you are the tadpole in a pond full of old toads you got to be on your best (professional) behaviour <- its considered rude if you don't

Jul 9, 07 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah, but when i looked around the room, they even looked...

Jul 9, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 

I have these pair of ray bans...i've bought and lost a few pairs - but always come back to these

Jul 9, 07 8:23 pm  · 
 · 

heh heh nice background - beach bar that served sushi, sweet! It was a good weekend!

Jul 9, 07 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

liberty of course you can come. just realize that i won't be choosing any heart shaped glasses.

beta i have had that coat for 20 years.

Jul 9, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the glasses conversation, but I wanted to let TC know about my new blog:

http://virtualsustainability.blogspot.com/

coming soon: digital brunch entry! dubK see you in-world?

Jul 9, 07 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

architechnophilia- I dig your ring!

Jul 9, 07 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

YEAH!!! my computer has risen from the dead!!!! gotta love the 'genius' bar for knowing when to push the logic board reset button.

So I'm making backups as a type....

Jul 9, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hah, WTD, I noticed the ring too! We think alike (as proven by our Brad Pitt proclivities).

I am lately utterly addicted to The Sartorialist. This woman looks exactly like I fantasize about my own sense of style looking someday. Which I know is just a dream because I am far too much of a slob to look this put together!

Jul 9, 07 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

LB you ARE a class act!

Jul 9, 07 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado that pic of you above belongs on the sartorialist!! (they cover men's fashion even moreso than women's).

Jul 9, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ha ha, Quilian....I found you! I'm not sure what "in-world" means, but if it has something to do with SL, probably not....I'm lucky I figured out how to start a blog, lol.

lb, you can totally pull that look off.

yay treekiller! Stories of computer resurrection always make my day.

Jul 9, 07 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

Yay treekiller- big sigh, huh?

LB...I LOVE The Sartorialist! I'm totally with you on the aspiration...but alas, I love my tennis shoes, jeans, and hoodies way too much.

Jul 9, 07 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Doesn't she just look like a female architect should look?!?

Going to check out Quilian's blog now...

Jul 9, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you bloggers are raising the bar. perhaps i should start a blog on limbo. both the dance and the state of...

Jul 9, 07 9:14 pm  · 
 · 

I would read it...
the dance portions will also be helpful to our friend over here:
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=60644_0_42_0_C

Jul 9, 07 9:25 pm  · 
 · 

thanks lb & wtd - the ring is a necessity. It spins. During boring meetings or uncomfortable situations its great for keeping my cool

Jul 9, 07 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my first LiMbObLoG!!! it's a global phenomenon!!!

Jul 9, 07 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: