Congrats!

Jun 6, 07 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
RejectedSBD

Jun 6, 07 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

400 TC posts later, I return.

If you guys wanna see pics from my Rome/Florence trip. click "trips" in the upper right, then "2007" then "florence" and "rome".

Enjoy.

Jun 6, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yay for Daisy! That's a relief.

I tried to find a picture of "104" for the top of the page, but I got nothing.

Jun 6, 07 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
aml
Jun 6, 07 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 6, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Yeah, I came up blank on "104" images as well. Found some highway signs, but those have been done already.

Jun 6, 07 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Jun 6, 07 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yay for daisy! im gonna rub myself in the dirt 104 times!!!!!

Jun 6, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
dia
Jun 6, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

so im havin a delish homemade smoothie and watchin band of brothers since it is dday anniversery. thank you the greatest generation for saving america so we could have people like jimi hendrix and the mc5 and marcia brady.

Jun 6, 07 8:07 pm  · 
 · 

Yah for Daisy. I just want to reiterate that Mies and Daisy should hook up...too cute. I love them tiny dogs...I don't care that I'm a big burly man...I don't need a big rotwieller to make me feel secure. honestly.

Jun 6, 07 10:07 pm  · 
 · 

Beatle - great pictures. Not overly polished but very dramatic. Anytime you are in my neck of the woods I'd love you to shoot some of my work

Jun 6, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Millenium mark...

Does that mean i get my B.Archinect now?

Jun 6, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

band of brothers is really good. ever since i got to visit the d-day beaches i have had a completely different perspective on that battle, and it has led me to be very interested in the war. anyone else have that experience?

Jun 6, 07 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

no, but ill agree BoB is really good.

Jun 6, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Congrats Apurimac.

Great news Orhan! I remember when we had Gus' stomach opened up and a cantaloupe-sized ball of sock/blanket/chew toy removed we went to visit him in the hospital and he was so happy to see us. But he hadn't been fed since the srugery and as soon as they let him out of his ebclosure (which had a big sign on it NO BLANKETS!! - he could hump a blanket to pieces and unbeknownst to us ingest half of it) he raced down the hallway and tried to chomp down a little pile of used bandages...what a total pain in the ass that wonderful doggy was! We love them so much.

I'm fried with how much work I have to do this week and next beoifer going off to GSA for two weeks. Guess I better revive the GSA thread Steven started last year?

Jun 7, 07 12:26 am  · 
 · 

yeh, myriam. when i went to visit hiroshima museum my view of the atomic bomb changed quite a lot...am still a bit confused about it actually.

my grandparents were both very patriotic and i grew up visiting the legion hall every weekend (this may be a canadian thing? if so, is place where vets go to hang out and is a cross between a pub, a community cente, and a honkytonk, but with military undertones; also for me the place where we went to take part in the fun-for-a-6-year-old Turkey draw)...so my early indoctrination is pro-military in way that might be familiar to other military families out there....i totally beleived (and still do!) my grandpa was john wayne and have amazing amounts of respect for him. but those bombs dropped on japan where seriously scary. only thing that compares is dresden i think. humans are in the end very resoucefully nasty buggers.

and heroic.

Jun 7, 07 6:28 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

cheers architechnophilia

so the mocumentary movie my friends and i made a few years back about suburban pirates is finally on youtube.

Peg Leg Pete

Make sure you watch the parts in order, people keep watching 1 of 6 then 5 of 6, and frankly the first 3 parts are the good ones.

Jun 7, 07 7:04 am  · 
 · 

you're famous, sbd! or should i say 'manboy 2'?

Jun 7, 07 7:22 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

you can call me mb2

Jun 7, 07 7:29 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

my dad was wwII vet as were his two brothers. he only became of age at the tail end and was never sent to a theatre of war. the thing is that june 5 was the anniversery of the battle of midway where six months after pearl harbor the us navy kicked the shit out of the japanese navy and put them on the defensive. that doesnt get nearly the press as dday but the pacific thetre usually doesn't.

actually the really good dday film is "the longest day" in which every part of the flick is a recounted story by someone who was there. oh and spielberg did pretty good with private ryan. the problem with that flick is the syrupy squad of guys where one is from brooklyn and another from minnesota and theres an irish and an italian (never any german americans for some reason) and noone is ever named clarence, or wilbur or norman or fred like they actually were then.

Jun 7, 07 7:47 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh i mentioned it on the are you stupid thread, but my exgirlfriend/future wife who goes to cambridge is in pisa, italy right now visiting an undergrad friend of hers from st.john's who won 80thousand bucks on jeopardy.

Jun 7, 07 7:51 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I got promoted yesterday. While this is good in most ways (more money, more responsibility, better title on a resume, better cube, better work), it does move me above CAD monkey status which means less time posting to Archinect. I start Monday. I guess at that point my posting will be limited to nights and weekends. Damn the man!

Jun 7, 07 8:18 am  · 
 · 

not necessarily, chili.

Jun 7, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

chili, you can be a chill man...

Jun 7, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Slackers of the world unite!

Jun 7, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

So I think I've been labeled the bad intern. I'm the only one in the office who hasn't participated in any kind of project meetings, or anything beyond drafting CD's. and I have more experience than at least two of my co-workers. I produce well and on time, had a couple of hiccups that I thought weren't too bad and I even did weekend overtime to correct them, yet it seems I've been relegated to cad monkey status, while others work through CA issues as well. Frustrating.

Jun 7, 07 11:32 am  · 
 · 

next time there's an opportunity, ask to participate. since i manage various projects and their teams are made up of different people, i can safely surmise that your management may just not have realized that they've 'relegated' you.

Jun 7, 07 11:42 am  · 
 · 

mine was for here's your sign.

Jun 7, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i gave them your name. was that not cool?

Jun 7, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

ARRGHH!!!!! my car was broken into last night. steering wheel is on the seat and the radio gone.

now I'll have to rent some wheels to get to the LARE on monday and tuesday.

Maybe it's time to scrap the integra and go back to living with a single car...

Jun 7, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
So I think I've been labeled the bad intern. I'm the only one in the office who hasn't participated in any kind of project meetings, or anything beyond drafting CD's. and I have more experience than at least two of my co-workers.

I don't think you've necessarily been labled a bad intern. Another possibility is that the other interns get to do these things as a way of helping them "see the big picture" and "what the process is all about", etc. and you are left out of this because your greater experience may have lead your boss to believe that you do not require these extra opportunities.

You *may* have been labled the bad intern, but there are other possibilities there too. Just trying to help you see one of them.

Jun 7, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

oh, we don't have comp/collision coverage on this car anymore...

Jun 7, 07 12:06 pm  · 
 · 

fuck. Did they steal your airbag?

Jun 7, 07 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

amazingly the airbag is still there, the car starts and no warning lights are on!
now I just need to get it towed to somebody to re-attach the wheel.. I can live without tunes (crappy radio anyways)...

Jun 7, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

...tumbles... that sounds like an awesome opportunity... 15% is $975K... with that money you wouldn't need a roommate in your kick ass lofty loft... you should jump right on that...

killa... that sucks... i wonder if you could somehow rig a wrench or something onto the back of the steering wheel and drive it that way... could be fun to try... good luck on the lare...

Jun 7, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

is that integra pink? Nice. Why the f*ck did they take out the steering wheel.

That sucks tk - hope all goes well. Instead of bringing the horse to the water, why not bring the water to the horse?

Jun 7, 07 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

the assholes tried to steal the car and broke the steering column instead- ouch! the acura dealer quoted $1400 over the phone. Now I'm waiting for an indy shop to quote installing used parts...

a nice clean break.

at least I still have the car, even if the repairs cost half of what its worth...

the car is red - looks pink because of the reflected sky...

Jun 7, 07 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

here's a pic of my anniversary "flowers" that my wife sent... they're lotus bamboo... it's our 4th anniversary and the traditional gift is fruit/flowers...

also, as i mentioned on the postopolis thread, my wife has started occasionally lurking around archinect... she was checking out thread central yesterday after i told her about daisy's health problems... and then i guess she checked out some other threads that i've posted on recently... that's a scary proposition... now i'm just waiting for a "mrs. architphil" to start posting...

Jun 7, 07 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

tk- sell the car, get a bike!

Jun 7, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

architphil, is the bottle of urine on the desk to keep up productivity, or was that an anniversary gift too?

Jun 7, 07 2:59 pm  · 
 · 

although it does in fact appear to be urine... it is green tea... or at least water with one of those crystal light type green tea mix-in thingies...

Jun 7, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Ahh yes, I've spent many a day CADing away and chugging on what appeared to be large quantities of piss. The looks on the faces of my coworkers are priceless.

Jun 7, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Treekiller: If you want to buy a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee for $4000, talk to me. I need to sell this thing to pay for the Columbia summer program.

Jun 7, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

tk. it is the shits. i hate it. they broke into my car breaking the passenger side window to steal 10$ street value cheap stereo which i didn't replace it for years.
car dash theft is the ugliest branch of stealing, imho, and it is usually done to people with lesser resources...

Jun 7, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

daisy is coming home tomorrow...

Jun 7, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis
Someone broke into my car once too.
Jun 7, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

r- I'm a bus/transit/walking man myself (don't like being hot-n-sweaty in the office).

haven't driven a regular commute since 2001. my wife's been driving the redrocket more then me for the past 5 years. now that she has a 38mph Fit, I was just enjoying having something to use once a week.

I was going to get a new front wheel for my bike, but that may need to wait till I pay of the car fixins. my bike's front wheel has a perpetual flat that I can't seem to fix, so I need a new tire and maybe a new wheel.

Jun 7, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: