Archinect
anchor

Archinect 3.0

Rasa

Just got on the new version! Really liking it.

Share your thoughts.

Apr 11, 11 12:19 pm
drums please, Fab?

that 'a' reminds me of M*A*S*H

Apr 11, 11 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

yahoo!

· 
lletdownl

an edit feature!

· 

Welcome everyone! We hope you love the new site. It gets pretty deep, so it might take you a while to discover everything that is new. This is also just the first phase of the relaunch. We will be launching some exciting new sections, features and other fun stuff in the coming weeks/months.

Apr 11, 11 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
breezviz
It's looking nice -- more modern to today's web interface
Apr 11, 11 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
bLAyer

the A team!

Apr 11, 11 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

cash money, ya'll.

Apr 11, 11 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Nice update ... it will take a while to grow as comfortable with this as we were with 2.0, but I like what I've seen so far.

Apr 11, 11 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
jdahl

I really like the new redesign, its a lot easier to navigate and visually see content on the page.  Well done!

Apr 11, 11 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I gotta, say, though, the screen name bars make it harder to read the conversations as a flow - at least for me.

Apr 11, 11 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
quite slick.

look at that. edit comment.

text - bold and italics are not working, no worries though..it'll get there.

congrats.

Apr 11, 11 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

agree with sarah. the gray bar breaks up the flow of the discussion. it's too large and prominent on the page. will take some getting used to.

Apr 11, 11 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

welcome to the new hotness

Apr 11, 11 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
jemueljoseph

very cool :D

Apr 11, 11 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

three cheers for the new Archinect!

Apr 11, 11 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
AP
bold
italic

regular

Apr 11, 11 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
AP

that was a test in response to beta's comment.  not sure if it matters, but i'm on PC firefox.

Apr 11, 11 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect
bold
italics

regular

Apr 11, 11 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

So cool.  Great job!  And I'm happy to see you all again.

Now I'm going to try bullets:
  • here's the first one
  • here's the second one
  • and the third one

...It worked!  And I can edit!  Super awesome.
Apr 11, 11 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
da_la

Great Work! Excited to discover the new features!

..and for constructive criticism-
1. Logo 'A' looks kinda lame & boring..any big $$$$ logo redesign competition announced soon ? ;)

2. Bold fonts are hard to read (Discussion/Job Headers)  -needs more tracking/spacing.

Congrats!

Apr 11, 11 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

I can see that we can't click on somebody's name and get their profile. I wonder if we have to enable something so we can make it public.
Was nice seeing how many posts and threads someone had made like in the previous version.

Apr 11, 11 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

I agree with Sarah about the name bars for comments.

Apr 11, 11 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Diggin' it!  

Well done, Archinect team.  

Apr 11, 11 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Oh you're right, I hadn't even noticed that we all lost our post status.  Dang!  What's Vado going to say?

Apr 11, 11 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Oh, but since I feel like I haven't said anything nice, I do like being able to track threads on the sidebar there.  Anyway we can choose what threads are tracked?

Apr 11, 11 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Farleft

Loving this.  Thanks for all the time and effort you've invested into making this site better. 

Cheers!
Apr 11, 11 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Christian Unverzagt

Great job gang! (Love the A logo too.)

Apr 11, 11 2:51 pm  · 
 · 

I like the new A logo too.

Apr 11, 11 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

I don't know if it's just not being used to the new version but I think that the side bar on the left is just taking up too much space. Maybe if we got rid of the whole black bard and just keep the tabs as they are. Would seem like there is a lot more screen space then.Or, move the tabs to the top and have them run horizontally.

I love how the site now is a lot more condensed and makes you focused.Everything was all over the place on the homepage before.

I kind of miss the red theme color that was spersed around here and there on the site. Grabbed more attention.

In the end, it could just be me. I can be picky :(

Apr 11, 11 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Looks good.

Biggest improvement appears to be the speed at which pages load.
The layout kinda breaks if you zoom into the page and scroll to the right.The discussions forum has lost its geeky quality, but oh well. At least there are no emoticons. 
Apr 11, 11 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yeah!

Apr 11, 11 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

Uh oh!
Emoticons...transform! :)

Apr 11, 11 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

Hm,guess didn`t work for me. How did you do that.

Apr 11, 11 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

i'm special

Apr 11, 11 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
elinor

sweet!

Apr 11, 11 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Medit
Bona nit

Archinect 3.0!

It looks good, though the main space for the forums messages is now bigger (515 px?, it was 415 or 410 in v.2) is still too small for my taste (I'm used to the usual vBulletin forums layouts); being an architecture forum it would have been nice to have at least the usual 640px wide space for images.
I've tried the crtl+v... it paste text with its original format instead of plain simple text — that could be a mess (or maybe not, it will give the threads some colors and diversity...)

Test for an image larger than the forum's layout:

Nice, pics get automatically resized...

Rasa,

FRaC's secret

edit: italics button don't work...

Apr 11, 11 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Rasa

Medit, I guess you went to ``View page source`` too then :). I had a feeling it was something else but thanks anyways!

Apr 11, 11 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

in case you missed it:

Apr 11, 11 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

and you can only edit your comments for a short period of time?

i miss that 'go to the bottom' button at the top of each thread

: ' (

Apr 11, 11 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

Posted this at TC 'cause I didn't notice this thread:

"One comment right off the bat, which is something that was also peculiar in the previous version, is  that a large thread such as TC does not show its most recent page first.  Everything else on the internet (blogs, archives, etc.) always have the most recent info first and the other stuff is under "Older Posts", so that you click back in time if you so want.  Why make everyone go to the bottom of the page and click to the recent page?"

Also, I guess if you don't have a hoity-toity "Professional Profile" invitation (or don't want one), it seems all incognito screen names are now frozen, since the Edit Settings has no screen name edit feature (unless I'm missing something).

Apr 11, 11 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

Oh, FRaC thank you so much for that gif - I DID miss it and was so sad!

Apr 11, 11 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

I'm having some problems posting to my school blog. Well, one big problem, really - I can't see where to go to post a new entry. :/ Anyone found this already?

Apr 11, 11 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

Chris - indeed, this is a problem that we have totally overlooked. Paul will send an email, with instructions, to all the school bloggers shortly.

Apr 11, 11 7:37 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks for the quick reply. One other thing (if it helps), I noticed the 'About The Blogs' text is still showing Loreum Ipsum text on the pop up (as opposed to the right-hand column).

Apr 11, 11 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
a mouse
whoo!

looks great

Apr 11, 11 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
****melt
Great job Archinect!!!

I love all the depth the site seems to have.  I almost feel like I'm discovering long lost crevasses of architectural goodness. 

I too think the large screen names mess with the flow.  Does anyone else have a vast amount of white space over yonder --->

It's kinda distracting.

All in all, It looks really great but it will indeed stake some time getting used to.  Thanks again for all your hard work.  Can't wait to see the rest as it unfolds.

Apr 11, 11 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
mvsuriano

All - are we still able to edit our screen names? Doesn't look to be the case so far...

Apr 11, 11 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

is anyone else having issues posting links?

Apr 11, 11 9:42 pm  · 
 · 

So I probably should have noticed this during the beta --- but what's up with the fonts?

bold text looks really bad - in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. 
Am I missing some archinect font pack? is anyone else seeing this?

Apr 11, 11 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I love it! The new logo is nice.

The only thing I can quibble about is the "go to bottom" button being gone.
Nice job!
Apr 11, 11 11:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: