MIT (Arjun)

Sep '06 - May '08

Arjun Bhat Oct 29 '06 13

or i'd be pissed about being in studio at 5 in the morning. all the sensible people are gone. i remain, however - purely a function of my inefficiency as a worker. i suppose the fact that i'm posting is a testament to that. anyway, here's a collage - its an "inter-modal monument" (working designation) - thats going to go in the book.

toodles.

• Steven WardSteven Ward
      Oct 29, 06 6:17 am

looks like some pictures of tokyo i've seen. except those paths are for people instead of cars. i like it.

matteo
      Oct 29, 06 6:24 am

Nice, i thought it was a real picture taken somewhere in Japan.

Arnaud M.
      Oct 29, 06 9:00 am

Nice job, I was wondering where that was, before I read it was a collage.
      Impressive.

Arjun Bhat
      Oct 29, 06 10:25 am

thanks! steven - your basically right. my premise is to take traffic and make it a destination/landmark, and to make civic space the path taken.

AP
      Oct 29, 06 10:51 am

is that the Hong Kong escalator-path on the right?

Arjun Bhat
      Oct 29, 06 11:30 am

AP - yep.

AP
      Oct 29, 06 11:48 am

Arjun...the thing that impresses me the most about your collage is the craftsmanship. well done.

your studio's trajectory has been intriguing to follow...

Arjun Bhat
      Oct 29, 06 12:51 pm

thanks AP. its been an interesting studio, and definitely an interesting semester, in general.

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
      Oct 29, 06 1:11 pm

what is really impressive about the collage is that the lighting is correct as well.

some person
      Oct 29, 06 2:00 pm

Bravo on the collage. It looks great.

Your reference to daylight savings caused me to recall an instance in my undergrad studio. We had a presentation on the Monday after the daylight savings "fall back," and everyone was working around the clock. One of my studiomates said, "I'm not going to remind myself about the extra hour gained until one hour before the presentation. Then, it will be like a gift of an extra hour, because we always seem to need it." He was clever.

columnos
      Oct 29, 06 5:40 pm

one day as i was skipping down the hill by my grandmother's summer cottage. i happened upon the most amazing row of tulips- i ate each flower petal by petal- then i went back to my grandmother and she baked a pie- the pie tasted better than the tulips, but not as good as that time you mom baked me all those pies.

Arjun Bhat
      Oct 29, 06 7:08 pm

elliott strikes again.

Alexander Jack
      Oct 30, 06 10:27 pm

wow, first glance remark..."where the @#$% is that!"

• Arjun Bhat