anchor

Name that Architect and Building!!!

holz.box

paging orochi...

Sep 24, 09 2:27 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Oh shit, I forgot I was up.

I have all these images that I was going to add to my flickr.

I'll have the answer for this one in 15 minutes.

Sep 24, 09 2:50 am  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

All I can find is that is the Andelsbuch Mountain Chapel. Can't make sense of who the architect is.

Sep 24, 09 2:57 am  · 
 · 

Cukrowicz Nachbaur, austrian dudes.

Sep 24, 09 4:49 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Nice little building; those guys have timber interiors on lock. A lot of good work on their site.

Sep 24, 09 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

i haven't been active for a long time on this thread..

Sep 24, 09 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i think it’s been universal, p2an.

maybe we’ve run the gamut of decent projects? it only gets harder from here!

btw, andre + oliver have been throwing down some amazing projects of late.

Sep 24, 09 1:34 pm  · 
 · 

haha...yup this is a beauty...i'll have to dig deeper then.

Sep 24, 09 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

It has lost a lot of steam the last few months. Seems to go in waves like that. Good to see you in here again p2, did holz just unmask yours? Haven't seen that one before.

Sep 24, 09 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

he did, Atelier Kempe Thill. Andre Kempe and Oliver Thill. a couple of germans running their office in rotterdam. the posted pic is a new theatre space/platform in rotterdam.

Sep 24, 09 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

phu, you running the CA on that project yet?

Sep 24, 09 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Not yet holz. There are three clients involved with the project, and each has a different stake in it so the disputes takes much longer to resolve. They've been arguing about an issue with a contractor for months now, so I'm just sitting back and waiting. As soon as I hear they're moving forward again, I'm going to do my best to get involved. I probably would do it pro-bono just because I have so much time/effort invested in it, and also because all the detailing is mine and it would drive me nuts having to watch it go up and seeing corners cut or managed by someone who doesn't know the design. I'll be sure to let you know if/when things progress again.

you up for next building holz? or orochi?

Sep 24, 09 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
dia

b-ump.

Sep 27, 09 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

hopefully i haven't posted this before.

i kinda wish all civic buildings could be so minimally elegant...

Sep 28, 09 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

whoops!

Sep 28, 09 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
simples

nice...that's quite a view from the garage...is it swiss?!

Sep 28, 09 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

austrian

Sep 28, 09 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Archinauten - Fire station/garage in Pöstlingberg. Those trucks have a better view then I ever will.

Sep 28, 09 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

next, hope this hasn't been posted yet either:

Sep 28, 09 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

some more images to keep this rolling:

Sep 29, 09 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

the interior looks germanic, though there is something about the exterior that seems more chinese... any clues phu?

Sep 29, 09 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

you're second guess is right holz, located in one of the four ancient capitals. the architect was selected for arch record's design vanguard last year.

Sep 29, 09 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

your second guess is right holz, located in one of the four ancient capitals. the architect was selected for arch record's design vanguard last year.

Sep 29, 09 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

ugh. double posting and incorrect "your" in the first one. rough day.

Sep 29, 09 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

weird. it's got an atelier zhanglei-quality to it...

Sep 29, 09 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

that's him holz. Brick house for a poet in Nanjing

Sep 29, 09 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

ha. hilarious. i'll have to defer, i'm supposed to be hunching. anyone want to jump in?

Sep 29, 09 5:39 pm  · 
 · 

looking at the bleak sky my guess is Norway

Sep 29, 09 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

next up, a dark horse. quiet, restrained. recentlydeceased. no cheating.

Sep 30, 09 3:27 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

next clue:

we're in CH

Sep 30, 09 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box
Oct 1, 09 11:55 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Man that was a little tough, I knew I recognized it because I've been to his gymnasium in Losone, but I couldn't find the name. After some dead Swiss architect googling I finally found him. Livio Vacchini. Is it his own studio/office?

Oct 1, 09 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

next, this one got a fair amount of press when it was completed so it might be a bit easier:

Oct 1, 09 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

phu, yes. i'm not sure what it is about the architects of that house, but they, and their buildings, are both very dry.

Oct 1, 09 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

I agree holz, I do like how this building looks in that picture (the snow helps), and I do like a lot of the exterior/facade designs of their projects, but the interiors tend to be disappointing, especially in the building above.

Oct 1, 09 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

you mean how it's all chameleon-like?

facades are definitely better than interiors w/ these guys.

the pre-fab building they did locally may be one of the few projects by them i'm intrigued by. (minus the hideous bathroom tile, wtf?)

though at times it's seems like a bad imitation of b&e's rohmer building

Oct 1, 09 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

rohner.

Oct 1, 09 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i still thoroughly enjoy this thread, though i dont' play nearly as often, due to the fact i got no more brutal brazilian stuff to challenge you guys with...now i just enjoy browsing throught these not-so-knowns architects webpages, full of juicy inspiring stuff...

Oct 2, 09 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Holz that's a pretty funny comparison, the fenestration in that one is a little bizzare, I'm not too sure how I feel about it.

and simples, my knowledge of brazillian brutalism doesn't go too far past lina bo bardi, I would love to see some more obscure stuff.

and for anyone still out there, holz gave the name of the house still in play in his post @18:24

Oct 5, 09 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

Man this is struggling. Come on people I know we can make it to 50 pages.

The building i posted was Anderson&Anderson's chameleon house. Anyone else want to go?

Oct 7, 09 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i will throw this in, just to keep it going...

Oct 8, 09 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

simples... i never know any of these buildings but this one youve just posted is amazing... someone answer quick!!! I MUST KNOW!

Oct 8, 09 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

simples this is in Brazil. But I can't remember the architect, I remember the brise soleil much like Kahn/Corb. It would really be funny if I was wrong

Oct 8, 09 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

not mendes da rocha, I think, but akin.

Oct 8, 09 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
simples

yes, it's in Brazil...from 1954 (from one source)...

Oct 9, 09 10:14 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Museum of Modern Art in Rio

Oct 9, 09 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I took lots and lots of photos of this building when I was in Rio. It is a biggy.. I just can't recall the Architects name...and Mrs. B is not around to ask her. If I recall correctly there was a fire in this building after it was complete and alot of art work was lost.

Oct 9, 09 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
simples

snook is correct...afonso eduardo reidy is the architect
pictured here in front of MAM-rio;

he is also known for the COHAB Pedregulho

Oct 9, 09 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
simples

i hope i didn't kill the thing with too much concrete...snook_dude is up...

Oct 12, 09 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

a FELLOW COUNTRYMAN

Oct 12, 09 4:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: