Archinect
anchor

Great news

shellarchitect

http://archrecord.construction.com/news/2012/09/120925-Survey-Predicts-Architecture-Shortage-by-2014.asp

summary: 25% of architects expect designer shortages in two years.

lets all hold our breaths

Sep 26, 12 3:30 pm
curtkram

that's not great news.  the headline "Survey Predicts Architect Shortage by 2014" is off-topic.  the actual article, as you quoted, says only 25% of their population sample thinks there are going to be job openings.  doesn't that kind of suggest 75% of their population sample thinks that these jobs aren't coming back?

there was no link to the actual survey that i saw, so i don't know what question they actually asked.

Sep 26, 12 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

You mean after a bust there is going to be a boom? Holy atomic pile, Batman!

Sep 26, 12 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
metal

"25% of respondents anticipated a shortage of architects resulting from a combination of designers exiting the profession, baby boomers retiring, a lack of skills among architects looking for work, and less talent in the pipeline as job prospects discourage students from entering the field."

unemployed need not apply?

Sep 26, 12 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
thakopian

There's every reason to assume more work for everyone in the next years. Of course some are in a better position than others to take advantage of the opportunities for mid to senior level work. That being said it will be a lot easier for people with some skills to get entry level jobs during and after college.

I don't expect to see a "boom" but it will be a lot better compared to 2008-11.

Sep 26, 12 8:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: