Archinect
anchor

Finding work in the UK / EU as a US citizen

flwrs

I am a young US citizen who has recently graduated with a non-professional bachelor's degree in architecture, planning to apply to graduate schools in London, Helsinki, Berlin, and Copenhagen this upcoming application cycle. I am interested in eventually becoming a permanent citizen either in the UK or EU (most attracted to London and Berlin), and would love to hear about the experiences other designers / architects have had moving abroad. 

I'm particularly wondering about: ease of finding a job, sponsorships or visa requirements, unexpected challenges, benefits + holidays, professional growth opportunities, pay, pathway to citizenship, finding your community / network, differences from the US, etc. Is there anything you wish you knew or had done during the immigration process? Was there a difference in your professional life before and after becoming an official citizen? 

Any perspective not specific to Europe or gaining citizenship is welcome. Thank you. 

Jul 19, 24 4:49 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: