Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

World War Z is such a fun movie. And not just because Brad’s character makes my panties spontaneously fly across the room.
Sep 1, 18 10:47 pm  · 
 · 

Definitely time to install that keyboard breathalyzer.

Sep 2, 18 8:57 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

The movie butchered the book, which was far more interesting.

Sep 3, 18 3:39 am  · 
 · 
citizen

What are these "books" of which you speak...?

Sep 3, 18 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

The procedurally generated pile of zombies made me lol and my eyes roll out of my head. The book was really good, though.

Sep 4, 18 12:05 pm  · 
 · 

Hey TC, long time! Y'all see this recent vado, line?

"Quoting Batman films is not progressive. However, quoting the original Batman television show is post modern and hip."

Sep 4, 18 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Both post-modern AND hip? Holy hipster horseshit!

Sep 4, 18 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

What's the word for people who think architecture and design is the same as construction? I'm not a construction worker nor construction babysitter. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sep 5, 18 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Don't be silly. The babies have the nail guns.

Sep 5, 18 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Are the hoarding fencing adequate for babies on the job site? Do they have steel toe baby booties?

Sep 5, 18 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

The babies are crying. I'll get them proper footwear later.

Sep 5, 18 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

How much does it pay to babysit construction? Maybe a career move to look into. 

Sep 5, 18 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

10-40% depending on SOW ;)

Sep 6, 18 1:27 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Jajajajaja

Sep 6, 18 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Construction worker charges $150/hr. Does not appear to know what they are doing. Homeowner thinks architect needs to supervise and direct work for no charge. Who invented this system?

Sep 5, 18 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

It sounds like that homeowner invented that system, and hopes to pressure you into fitting yourself into it. If it were my client I would spend a little time on some client education, and I would also let them know my hourly rate for the extra service of field observation, if that wasn't in our original contract.

Sep 5, 18 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Yeah, thanks. The customer may always "be right" but the client isn't.

Sep 5, 18 8:49 pm  · 
 · 

As a favor, took a great sub I've worked with to a collector's house today, just trying to be helpful. Bazillion dollar house designed by criminals, .001% owner crying about super-slick super-expensive dysfunctional details. Meanwhile my ears are ringing because every surface is hard polished something and the entire place is an echo chamber.

Leaving I thought about how happy I am NOT doing this.

Sep 5, 18 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I wanna know which house.

Sep 6, 18 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

OMG you guys. Patriot on Amazon (original series) is so fucking amazing.I can't even. Just finished bingeing season 1 and it is SO well-written and funny and weird heart-warming and awesome. 

Sep 5, 18 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

I was so sad when the season was over. I feel like the ending was set up for a season two, but would have been the perfect chance for a "mic drop" and to leave it as only one season.

Sep 6, 18 2:05 am  · 
 · 

It was a perfect ending: could be equally left alone or continued.

Sep 6, 18 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

RIP Burt's moustache.

Sep 6, 18 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

yeah, the bandit - most people only know him for the last 3 movies, but he was a very fine entertainer in the 70's. RIP.

Sep 6, 18 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

An interesting guy, and really an icon back when, for many years. Norm MacDonald's impressions on SNL are so dead-on funny, it makes me gasp.

Sep 7, 18 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

he was a abusive douche.

Sep 12, 18 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

But a funny abusive douche.

Sep 12, 18 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah, i chuckled, once, or twice, but mostly because he was the only one laughing, at his "jokes".

Sep 14, 18 11:03 am  · 
 · 

$70 million raised to start the first Cannibas-based Co-Working space.

...(founder) VerSteeg is a former lingerie model turned cannabis and crypto advocate...

I am not a smart person.

Sep 7, 18 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I pictured something different for cannibas-based co-working space.

Sep 7, 18 9:53 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

why do you relate inteligence and the ability to raise 70million that are not yours to use?

Sep 7, 18 11:07 am  · 
 · 
jcarch

That's hilarious...it's like a mad libs of hot trends ...if only there were some way to combine shared workspaces, legal pot, cryptocurrency, and former lingerie models...wait I've got it!

Sep 7, 18 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Yeah, tintt, I figured it meant a place where people smoked openly in the office all day, like Mad Men but with pot. And jcarch you hit (heh) on exactly what is so funny to me about this article.

Sep 7, 18 4:11 pm  · 
 · 

Right, instead of smokers outside the entrance, clouds of smoke waft out when the doors open. Needless to say, not much gets accomplished.

Sep 7, 18 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I got an idea...

Sep 7, 18 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

The vending machine has nothing but Doritos. All 80 slots.

Sep 7, 18 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Sissies

Sep 9, 18 9:22 am  · 
 · 
citizen

"I'm sorry, but if you're not going to smoke, you'll need to step outside."

Sep 13, 18 11:31 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Go into the office, "Hi, good morning". Co-spacers say "Good morning and yup!"

Sep 14, 18 9:44 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Egg whites are apparently quite a popular building material.

Sep 11, 18 7:05 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Tell us more.

Sep 11, 18 10:13 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

were. same as hay.

Sep 11, 18 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hard to make an omelette with hay tho.

Sep 11, 18 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

But it would be firm and insulating

Sep 11, 18 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

The egg binds the hay like a frittata.

Sep 12, 18 12:07 am  · 
 · 
randomised
archiwutm8

Apparently it was quite a popular material in Filipino church designs

Sep 14, 18 4:34 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

You mean colonial? Yeah, spaniards spread that "technology" in the 1500's

Sep 14, 18 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

this tony jones wanker is the best addition to archinect in months. I can’t help but think it’s someone’s elaborate thesis project... but his online footprint points to a real, and crazy, person. 

Sep 13, 18 7:43 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I'm sad when there are no funny things to read on the nect. Hmm.

Sep 18, 18 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

blame Stanford Kwinter.

Sep 18, 18 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

who? Is he on the Simpsons?

Sep 18, 18 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

yes, but voiced by Fraser.

Sep 18, 18 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

This post below in sanscrit is hilarious

Sep 20, 18 7:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I got “Some of the only To understand the meaning of betting.”

Sep 20, 18 7:43 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

so, a few tornados decided to pay me a visit today. One hit just a few blocks from my house. Power lines snapped in half, so looking like a long night in the dark.  Where’s a good dumpster fire when you need one?

Sep 21, 18 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

Balkins is around here somewhere ...

Sep 21, 18 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

Hakimsamba looks needy

Sep 22, 18 7:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

power back at 1:30am today. I guess I did not miss much.

Sep 24, 18 8:17 am  · 
 · 

Brian was at a conference last week and saw a person who we both know who I have not seen in several years. That person asked how I was doing. When Brian told me that this person asked after me I said "Did you reply "Angry, menopausal, drunk all the time?!?" and he said yep.

(tintt is that funny?)

(it might not be now, it will be when you're in your mid 50s tho.)

Sep 23, 18 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Oh no. That dies make me laugh though. Is this funny? I went out on my birthday and broke both my shoe and my purse strap. Which made the glasses in my purse that the bar gave me also break. Except one, I saved one.

Sep 23, 18 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

This is a good idea, especially so due to the outrage from the CBI, almost forcing business models back to the partnership which Architects were/are good at: https://www.theguardian.com/po...

Sep 23, 18 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

Practical effect: the conversion of all salaried employees to subcontractors.

Sep 23, 18 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Or less employee turnover, greater productivity and those 2am sessions for a competition might be worth the personal sweat equity?

Some of the traditional architectural business models negate the need, but they're rare firms with >250 employees.

Sep 23, 18 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Good for you David, do you employ more than 250 people?

Sep 23, 18 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

Capped at 500$/yr and the rest of the dividends go to paying for welfare and public improvements.....whoop dee doo!

Sep 23, 18 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

What does TC think about leaky buildings in the context of "great" architecture?

I toured a Frank Lloyd Wright that I hadn't seen before this past weekend and there were all the usual docent jokes about leaky buildings and how you can't knock him for that because he was just so creative... (in my head it's always, yeah, but not creative enough to design a building with proper programming or detailing) What thinks TC? 

What about the larger issue of function vs artistic expression? Is Zaha's Vitra fire station a building or a sculpture?

Sep 26, 18 8:50 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

We have plenty of leaks in our projects at the moment... and a few lawsuits for extra fun times. So far, all have been due to contractor incompetence rather than design.Sure... go ahead and delete that membrane and flashing detail and use whatever you did on that last unrelated project. Let me just take a moment to document that contractor made change for easy retrieval. I'm sure this email exchange won't come back to hurt you 2 years from now.

Sep 26, 18 9:36 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I've been to the fire station. It's a lousy fire station. It makes an okay museum space. In general, I would call it over-hyped and not really good at what it does. Then again, I'd say the same about Zaha.

Sep 26, 18 9:59 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I would make a distinction between a fantastic building built 80 years ago that has some leaking and/or structural failings AND real pieces of crap built in the 90's by starchitects that leaked from day 1, like most of FOG and ZHA worshiped piles of bent metals.

Sep 26, 18 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

If an architect is pushing the boundaries of construction - especially if using new, unproven methods - leaks are forgivable. Especially if the client is sympathetic to the goal of pushing limits. Wright was always pushing and it was expected of him.

If, however, it's just shoddy detailing of a recognized system, that's on the architect. Complicating things is that many design architects aren't actually the ones to detail their projects. They may have an executive architect that hasn't understood the condition well enough. 

Sep 30, 18 11:52 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

if the manufacturer provides a warranty on the detail and has certified installers and such, i'd put it on the contractor.

Sep 30, 18 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Especially if the client is sympathetic to the goal of pushing limits

I'd say ONLY if the client is sympathetic (and well-informed of the consequences).

Sep 30, 18 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

hard to knock a flw building considering the age of many of them. Leaking in many cases could be due to deferred maintenance or botched repairs. 

There's something to be said about overhangs and good flashing. I used to love the rain... now it just gives me anxiety...

Sep 26, 18 11:16 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

It was reported to have never not leaked (building never actually totally dried-in)... same as Unity Temple, which seems to have finally been solved with Gunny Harbo's renovation.

Sep 26, 18 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

In the context of "great" architecture, I think it's ok to take risks as long as everyone is on board and aware of the risk including the Owner.

Sep 26, 18 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

A sales' rep taped me on the shoulder and called me bro earlier today during a presentation.  Hands up those who thinks I'll specify his product?

Sep 26, 18 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I had a salesperson squeeze the back of my arm right above my elbow once (juuusssst ssspec the productttt). No, that's a good way to get a hard elbow in the gut and a kick in the shins from yours truly.

Sep 26, 18 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Tintt, I guess nothing less than shoulder massage will do. Tough crowd.

Sep 26, 18 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Squeeze the back of your arm right above your elbow and tell me that's not awkward and painful.

Sep 26, 18 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

My back has been messed up for weeks. Old age, yay. Old age with a 20 pound toddler to carry around, double yay. Learn from my mistakes. Have your kids in your 20's!

Sep 26, 18 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

my quads hurt. because of playing kickball. seriously. kickball. i may be in such bad shape that i'm actually dead but too stubborn to realize it.

Sep 26, 18 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Alternating ibuprophen and acetametaphin. Slipped a vertebrae or something bad.

Sep 27, 18 10:04 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

You're in colorado now... you should alternate weed and booze :D

Sep 27, 18 10:11 am  · 
 · 
Gloominati

The most recent guy whose products I won't specify kept peppering his conversation with "of course you're much to young to remember", and "that was before your time". I suppose these were lame attempts at flattery, but I'm a woman in my 50s and I doubt he was more than 5 years older, if at all, so it came across as just horribly condescending.

Sep 27, 18 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

tintt, I had my first slipped disc at 27, then I had two kids, now I'm just trying to avoid the electrocution-like pain that I got after that 9 hour flight. walk a lot, don't jump, don't run, biking helps with the hips and knees, skiing is fine, but the best is swimming slowly, takes a lot of pressure off the lower back. do it often.

Sep 27, 18 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

Did I imagine a thread where some ex-aerospace guy wanted to be an architect and was asking for advice on what to read?

Oct 1, 18 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Ha! I was going to suggest, "Where the Sidewalk Ends" but lost interest...

Oct 1, 18 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

correction: aerospace drop-out now works in construction doc slaveship looking for quick designy feel-good books to justify the life decisions that lead them to where they are today.

Oct 1, 18 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Folks, I was just made aware that another architect in my office has actually suggested shipping containers for a project... and I'm likely going to get dragged (screaming) into it when it comes time to do the CDs and SAs stuff.  I'm going to run dry of cliches and memes by the first hour.

Oct 3, 18 12:13 pm  · 
 · 

Oct 3, 18 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That is the appropriate response Miles.

Oct 3, 18 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

False alarm folks... it's actually 2 projects with shipping containers.

Oct 4, 18 8:13 am  · 
 · 
randomised

That stacks balls.

Oct 4, 18 11:03 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Tell the person to eat dick.

Oct 4, 18 11:38 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

NON, anything less than this would be sad https://geekologie.com/2017/10/architect-designs-fancy-blooming-flower.php

Oct 4, 18 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks... but I fear it'll be nothing but disappointment. I always thought I'd get through my career without having to touch shipping containers; thought to myself, man, have I dodged a 40' long corrugated steel bullet there. That dream will likely end soon.

Oct 4, 18 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

for a long time I thought containers were a good starting point for something I could build myself; after research and looking at examples, I humbly accepted it was idiotic from the start. Much more efficient to build a stick frame and add corrugated metal as any other siding.

Oct 4, 18 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

The only use of shipping containers, other than shipping, that I'm ok with, is when I see them used as storage containers. Usually for something like a football team's equipment and they've painted the team name and logo on the side. Are your projects for a sport's team?

Oct 4, 18 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Someday, they'll start shipping goods across country in old buildings set on wheels.

Oct 14, 18 9:21 pm  · 
 · 

Rick Balkins FAIA is busy holding court on the role of architects today.  Maybe he should consider hosting seminars at local chapters and the national convention.

Oct 3, 18 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

Miles, that's an inaccurate representation ... it's Rick Balkins, Assoc. FAIA

Oct 3, 18 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

The OP on that thread was another sock account of that high school kid Jackson. He and Balkins deserve each other.

Oct 3, 18 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Can anyone explain to me the difference between a cover and gusset connection?

Oct 5, 18 5:11 am  · 
 · 
mightyaa

A gusset would typically fill the inside of a 90 degree angle making a triangle; think simple bookshelf support. A cover plate would be like a surface applied "L" over the face of the 90 degree connection.

Oct 5, 18 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

This is why I love archinect. Thanks!

Oct 5, 18 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

After some more research it seems like a gusset plate is usually a riveted connection whilst a cover plate is a welded connection. I'm getting a few different answers though.

Oct 6, 18 5:35 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Are you talking specifically about structural connections? If so gussett vs cover plate is more about location (as mightyaa stated) than connection type. But there's even shop to shop and regional differences that I've noticed on terminology, which is why you should always just draw it in a sketch to avoid confusion.

Oct 7, 18 9:42 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Big win for the grab-ladies-by-the-genitals party, formerly known as the GOP.

Oct 6, 18 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I'm not going outside anymore. Too scared.

Oct 7, 18 9:11 am  · 
 · 

Has there ever been a more clear indication that the members of government care nothing about the people they are supposed to represent? #burnitdown

Oct 7, 18 9:48 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

you think you have it bad tintt? trump himself said "it's a very scary time for young men in america." i can't go outside anymore either. if i do go outside (and sexually assault someone), i might be held accountable for my actions. #scariesthalloweenever

Oct 7, 18 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

There's an election in four weeks. The average midterm turnout is 4 in 10 eligible voters. Now's the time for action where it counts-- not online, where it may feel good but does exactly nothing. 

"Elections have consequences," someone wise once said.

Oct 7, 18 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

You can vote by mail now. Don't have to leave the house unless you want the sticker.

Oct 7, 18 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

david, can you call someone to overturn citizens united v. FEC?

Oct 7, 18 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

oh. so we should call tractor supply? better than tiki torches. that would be embarrassing.

Oct 7, 18 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
No politics on thanksgiving Monday folks.
Oct 8, 18 10:58 am  · 
 · 

Did mine on Saturday.

Oct 9, 18 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

thanksgiving or politics?

Oct 10, 18 9:50 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^politics. Ain't got time for that when there is pumpkin pie around.

Oct 10, 18 10:02 am  · 
 · 

Pie AND cake

Oct 10, 18 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You are correct Marc. please accept my deepest apologies.

Oct 10, 18 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

I'm am vigorously resisting the nearly overwhelming urge to bitch-slap Ricky on the Meier article.

Oct 10, 18 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

The Meier Article is a very tender portion of the anatomy. Be gentle.

Oct 11, 18 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Just got put on the spot by a arch intern looking to write exams.  Had to explain / clarify some confusion with steel beam and joist design.  Aced-it like a pro.  Still prefer to let the p.eng deal with it thou as I already have 30 other things on fire already.

Oct 11, 18 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Test content for the canadian exams is not available... nor are practice exams, so hard to tell if what was in my exams 7y ago is still there. This was being helpful, but with a purpose.

Oct 11, 18 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

No practice exams? Are they tricky like ARE?

Oct 11, 18 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

the canadian exams are not tricks, they are as straight-forward as they get.... 50% multiple-choice, 50% short answer.

Oct 14, 18 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Archicore

There was a post a while back from someone who wanted advice on using Feng Shui in their school project...

Wish I'd had this at the time:

https://bespokey.org/2016/09/0...

Oct 12, 18 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
kjdt

"ask your tutor what year they were born, calculate their Kua number and point the bed in one of their auspicious directions." Wow. Too much prying and math. Just shape your plan like "A+" and that will become their subliminal impression of you.

Oct 12, 18 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The stuff on the site makes more sense to me than most of what regular folks believe.

Oct 12, 18 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

I once had a house design vetted by a Feng Shui expert (an ancient Chinese man accompanied by a young woman assistant / translator). He had a couple of obscure tools that looked like ancient relics. The only thing that didn't pass muster was the location of a toilet that the client had insisted on. 

I shit you not.

Oct 13, 18 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
kjdt

I had a client bring us a bunch of feng shui books so we could apply their principles to her project. One of them said we could mitigate an inauspicious toilet location by tying a red ribbon around the drain pipe.

Oct 14, 18 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Why red?

Oct 14, 18 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

fire over water to neutralize maybe?

Oct 14, 18 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I meant, is there a specific shade of red? What is someone used a pink ribbon, or an orange one? What about a light purple? What if it's a red rope, or scarf? Seems odd that the feng-shuay mechanism specificallly requires a red ribbon, but then cares not about the details. It's almost like it's all made-up bulshite.

Oct 14, 18 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
kjdt

This shade, apparently (but they substituted tape for ribbon): https://fengshuiedit.wordpress.com/tag/red-tape/

Oct 15, 18 11:49 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

random raise today! 

pretty good way to go into the weekend

Oct 12, 18 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

nice

Oct 12, 18 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Drinks are on you!

Oct 12, 18 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

woo hoo!

Oct 12, 18 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

woot

Oct 12, 18 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Random? So you actually don't deserve it ;)

Oct 13, 18 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

Oct 12, 18 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

It's Saturday night. What are you up to? 

I'm drinking 8% beer in front of a hobo barrel fire in my backyard, alone, listening to Iron Maiden. Like the fucking professional that I am.

Oct 13, 18 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Sounds great. Have a good night!

Oct 13, 18 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

8% beer? That's a typical weeknight for me.

Oct 14, 18 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

12% is much better.

Oct 14, 18 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

Beer is for pussies. Men drink Tequila.

Oct 14, 18 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

tequila is for weekend drunks, hanging at club med. if i want a real drink; single malt.

Oct 14, 18 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

tequila is boring... and only my bottle of Patron Anejo is decent enough to command display space in my bar.

Oct 14, 18 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

liquor is for drinking, not displaying. also, if you opt to drink something other than whisky, it should be whiskey.

Oct 14, 18 6:36 pm  · 
 · 

Tequila is like duct tape, it fixes pretty much everything. At least for a while.

Oct 14, 18 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

you got me there.

Oct 14, 18 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
z6jbishop

Tequila is the best - too bad so many people add that nasty sugar juice to their margarita instead of just lime and grand marnier.

Nov 6, 18 9:47 am  · 
 · 

I know this is totally out of context. I tried posting a separate thread but my posts weren't approved for some reason. I just wanted to get some career advice and submit my portfolio for review. lol, No clue. 

P.S : If you are one of the moderators or admins, please do let me know what went wrong, so I'll keep that in mind.

Oct 17, 18 2:13 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hard to see why one person's folio thread would be axed while several more per day pass through freely. Perhaps they read more like spam than genuine?

Oct 17, 18 8:07 am  · 
 · 

That's sad. and you know what? I wanted to post the thread expecting response more importantly from you. :) Although harsh, there is bitter truth in every response and review you've given, lol.

Oct 17, 18 8:14 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks, but I did click on your name and folio link. Your work is decent, and better than the last few folios I've seen pass by. That shelter pod section makes me all warm and fuzzy in ways I'd prefer not describe. 8-)

Oct 17, 18 8:20 am  · 
 · 

Thank you! Haha.. I come from a place where even the term Architecture is barely understood. I made use of the Internet, read books from Public Libraries and came all the way till here. I would definitely take any criticism or advice and improve. and sorry for the pod, lol. If you wouldn't mind, can I ask a few doubts in private? Messaging available in Archinect?

Oct 17, 18 8:34 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That's commendable and there is no harm if you want to PM me through the architect contact link. I'll try my best to respond but you'll likely get much more feedback if you can get your post to show on the main forum page. That, I cant help with.

btw, my comments regarding your pod section was not jest.  I find it simple and refreshing given the common heavy-handed use of shiny renderings.  There is magic when showing a amorphous orb suspended from they sky, swinging carelessly. 

Oct 17, 18 8:44 am  · 
 · 

I literally tried posting a thread twice, even mailed them saying I wish to get some advice and have healthy discussions. This was a week before. Still, I didn't wanna give up and just made a comment here. :( and, Thanks! Appreciate it! I couldn't access your profile for contact. I'll find a way! :)

Oct 17, 18 8:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

contact links are typically shown next to name on the first post, not replies to comments. See my non-related post below.

Oct 17, 18 8:55 am  · 
 · 

My thread got approved. :) Finally!

Oct 25, 18 1:11 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Office was served with a lawsuit this morning... apparently some fixture broke and someone got "hurt" and is suing everyone within a 10km blast radius.  Fun stuff ahead, good thing it's not my project/client.

Oct 17, 18 8:11 am  · 
 · 

The dreaded toilet explosion.

Oct 17, 18 8:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Miles, you've very close and David, I believe there are a few thousand km between us, as well as one national border. 8-)

Oct 17, 18 11:48 am  · 
 · 

Anything involving lawyers is shitty.

Oct 17, 18 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^you can have mine as well

Oct 17, 18 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
proto

for all the non-trustfunders...megamillions has your back this week...up to almost a billyun...powerball not far behind at almost half that

Oct 18, 18 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I've always worked 8-5, with an hour lunch.  

That's pretty normal right?  Wife seems to think I work a lot more than I should be.

Oct 19, 18 11:41 am  · 
 · 

I think that is pretty normal. I've seen a lot of people in various offices eat lunch at their desks while they "work" and claim that hour as billable. That may be more common, but less "normal" IMHO.

Oct 19, 18 11:48 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I work a solid 8 to 5 at a minimum, and often just blast through lunch without claiming billable time. I do this to have the freedom to leave early, when needed, for family things.

Oct 19, 18 11:53 am  · 
 · 
mightyaa

7:30'ish - 6pm here (my choosing to avoid rush hour) with a 45 minute commute each way...

Oct 19, 18 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I flex my schedule a bit, and hit the gym about twice a week over lunch. Just came back from an office meeting, looks like 48ish hours from now until Christmas. Good thing we get staight time for over 40

Oct 19, 18 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I get straight time over 37.5. 8-)

Oct 19, 18 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Damn Canadians!

Oct 19, 18 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
randomised

Why, did Foster take over the Obama Library project or something?

Oct 21, 18 5:26 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Not the Obama Library, but I hear that he plans on doing work on the Dutch Slave Trade Co-operative.

Oct 21, 18 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I was talking 21st century, Obama killed more people than the Saudis but who cares, right? At least he's not Trump.

Oct 22, 18 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Really? Killed more than Saudis? I am talking about the Dutch. What about their contributions to genocide? I mean, it's all good, right, past is past.

Oct 22, 18 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Yep, in this case it is in the past, in the far far away past, and I was talking about Dronebama. You try to be so hip, slamming lord Forster for working for the Saudis because a journalist was killed. Who the fuck sells all those weapons to the Saudis? Your U-S-A!

Oct 22, 18 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Um, sorry, but Yemen is being killed by Saudis and American weapons. And the EU, AL

Oct 22, 18 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

The European Union also sells arms to Saudi Arabia.

Oct 22, 18 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well, why don't we wait a few hundred years, and the USA trading arms, will also be in the past.

Oct 22, 18 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Dude, the EU is not a country. From the $13.2bn in arms purchased by Saudi Arabia between 2014-2017 their largest arms suppliers are still the U.S., with $8.4bn, that's 64%!

Oct 22, 18 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Dude, the EU is effectively, a country; common currency, states, Merkel is the President. Now, let's talk about European Colonialism, SA, and apartheid come from Europe. The last two world wars were fought to save the continent from Facism. Just say it, The Netherlands has a fucked up past, and America has a fucked up present. We were European once too.

Oct 22, 18 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

No it's not a country, we can't elect our EU-president, we don't have EU border control, no EU army, heck we didn't vote for this, there's no EU constitution. And who cares about the distant past, that none of us can be held responsible for or do anything about when we are talking about the here and now and tomorrow(if we're lucky).

Oct 22, 18 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

Word of the day:

business noun Whatever you can get away with.

Oct 22, 18 12:45 pm  · 
 · 

As in "give someone the business".

Oct 22, 18 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

BREAKING NEWS

At least half-a-dozen senior members of Archinect have responded to a dump fire that is raging out of control.

While dumpster fires are common, it is rare to see the entire dump engulfed in a raging inferno. Emergency personnel are standing by with choice lagers and Tequila to refresh the weary warriors fighting so desperately to bring this terrible tragedy under control.

Oct 23, 18 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

link or it didn't happen

Oct 24, 18 3:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You referring to the 50+ replies to my int des jab in the Likited liability thread? It’s getting cold up here now... seen snow already. Need to stoke the fire to keep the weeones warm at night.

Oct 24, 18 6:24 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

*limited. Stupid phone app.

Oct 24, 18 6:25 am  · 
 · 
randomised

It's not even on the front page, how's that an inferno?

Oct 24, 18 7:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It is for me.

Oct 24, 18 7:30 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Ah, yes now it is, "thanks" for bumping the thing out of oblivion.

Oct 24, 18 7:41 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

You’re welcomed. No harm in preparing for winter.

Oct 24, 18 7:44 am  · 
 · 

Oh dear. I'm in agreement with those on the thread referenced above who say that it's really funny but not really, it's actually really, really sad.

Here's something else sad: Spending many multiple millions of dollars on the design of a very large-scale project and then, when it comes in over budget, trying to save money by shrinking the entire building 10%....resulting in a building that doesn't actually work for anyone but still looks like it might. It's like the entire facility is a skeuomorph.

<sigh> Architecture requires such stamina.

Oct 24, 18 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I was looking at something like that too earlier today. Client (big repeat commercial client) asked to shave out more sq.ft by reducing stud depths on the exterior wall. Won't go into too much detail, but I humored his request and demonstrated that he could net an additional 200sq.ft. The joke is: it's a 65,000 sq.ft building.

Oct 24, 18 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i learned what skeuomorph means today! yay!

Oct 24, 18 10:09 pm  · 
 · 

High-volume manufacturing calculates manufacturing costs to 1/1000 of a cent (or less). It's heartwarming to know that developers are not far behind.

Oct 24, 18 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I've heard people call that being "detail-oriented". I say good for them.

Oct 27, 18 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

And then they don't build it within 6" of what you drew anyway, so the whole thing is a giant farce.

Oct 29, 18 8:19 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

only 6"? Lucky.

Oct 29, 18 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Drawings? What drawings?

Oct 29, 18 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

This is Disney's strategy, everything is 10% smaller. It's a small world after all, after all.

Oct 29, 18 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Feeling old today...  Saw one of the new junior staff roll in with beat sneakers, jeans, and un-tucker, un-ironed, rolled up sleeve button shirt.  I mean, it's not a suit and tie type of place, but when you look around, those that are busy and working the top projects are dressed like professionals.  Someone tell me to stop yelling at the kids.

Oct 26, 18 9:10 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Oct 26, 18 9:55 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Homer: Now son, on your first day of school, I'd like to pass along the words of advice my father gave me. [remembers what his dad told him] 

Grampa: Homer, you're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it!

Oct 26, 18 10:09 am  · 
 · 
3/4 of the way through SKYSCRAPER movie and loving it!!! So fun and so archi-nerdy! Got me thinking about fire protection and tuned mass dampers....
Oct 26, 18 8:31 pm  · 
 · 

FWIW, the original Towering Inferno was a commentary on the ambiguous role of architects. What’s the commentary in this case (if was any)?

Oct 27, 18 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

We should be so lucky as to be Paul Newman.

Oct 28, 18 12:35 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I got one of those co-working offices. It includes all the coffee and beer I can drink. Maybe Trump is a good president. J/K.

Oct 30, 18 10:15 am  · 
 · 

What happens when one of the moderators needs to be moderated?

Nov 2, 18 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Donna drunk posting again?

Nov 2, 18 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Ken, but no idea if he was drunk

Nov 2, 18 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Did I miss something?

Nov 2, 18 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Where can I apply?

Nov 2, 18 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

randomised, miss it? You were in the thick of it. I thought you handled yourself quite well BTW. No reason for him to resort to that kind of speech or those kind of attacks.

Nov 2, 18 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I didn't notice anything unusual or out of the ordinary with b3ta's posts, he seemed like his regular self. I didn't even know he's a moderator, go figure.

Nov 2, 18 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Reading that discussion, seems rather tamed compared to other dumpster fire threads.

Nov 2, 18 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

Maybe I haven't been paying that much attention to his regular posts then. I'm sure other posts have been hidden that were more tame though so ... I doubt any action will be taken. There is some consistency in the inconsistency i suppose.

Nov 2, 18 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Do moderators actually have privileges to *feature* particular comments?

Nov 2, 18 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

That's what my understanding is: they can feature comments and hide comments. Maybe they need higher approval to kill a thread entirely or block a user, but I could be wrong.

Nov 2, 18 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
Flatfish

I thought comments get automatically hidden if they get enough flags from different users.

Nov 2, 18 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

I think my issue with the comments, after going back and reading them again, was the disparaging words toward a particular nationality. Maybe it didn't bother you, but it shouldn't be tolerated. Attack the ideas or comments, but don't attack the citizenship or nationality.

Nov 2, 18 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

I believe this is what the FB moderators classify as hate speech,"a direct attack on people based on what we call protected characteristics – race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity and serious disability or disease." Obviously Archinect can do what it wants, but I didn't think the attacks based on national origin were appropriate.

Nov 2, 18 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ah, I remember back in the earlier days of FB's infancy and acting as moderator in groups. I don't miss it one bit.

Nov 2, 18 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Wait a second... the guy posting pics to mock another member is an effin' moderator? I'm gonna be laughing at that for a while.

Nov 2, 18 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

ironic, no?

Nov 2, 18 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

I find it ironic that b3ta’s posts are some of the most insulting, stereotyping, racist, sexist and ignorant posts on here. But since it’s done under the guise of SJW it’s okay.

Nov 3, 18 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

(Wonders what South Jacksonville, Wisconsin has to do with this...)

Nov 3, 18 2:36 pm  · 
 · 

b3ta is playing an online character, as was Chris, who changed his name a lot, Sir something? I can't remember all his names. Final screen name I am a liberal: https://archinect.com/blog/article/150077313/plattenbau-rad-no-graphics-please. There a bits of brilliance to be found in both of their posts, amongst a lot of anger and spew. But one has to have been around Archinect - as with any online space - for a long time to understand who is character and who is real.

Nov 3, 18 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I don't care how b3ta tries to win arguments using my nationality, because he can't. He only proves my points for me that way, for all to see, which I gladly point out to him. He somehow reminds me of that famous quote misattributed to Winston Churchill.

Nov 3, 18 3:59 pm  · 
 · 

Donna, is that archinect’s official stance; that hate speech is acceptable if you’re playing an ‘online character?’

Nov 3, 18 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Or would it be better phrased; hate speech is ok as long as you have been around long enough?

Nov 3, 18 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

He's not just playing: https://archinect.com/news/article/150029250/architect-son-of-hitler-s-architect-albert-speer-jr-dies-at-83
But I personally don't care for his roleplaying "attacks" as a sort of antifascist fascist or Don Quichote tilting at windmills. What's bugging me most is the inconsistency of the arguments used in relation to the taken position didactically. Those flacid personal attacks are just that, flacid, and easy to "endure" because they lack firmness, depth, truth and most importantly humour and also, this is the internet.

Nov 3, 18 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I am both a character, a real person, and an avocado. I'm also too lazy to manage multiple personalities.

Nov 3, 18 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I love avocados! Get over here...

Nov 3, 18 8:20 pm  · 
 · 

I would argue that I've never seen hate speech from b3ta but I know you all will give me hundreds of examples that you think fit the definition and then others will come back with what you all have posted that's mean too and none of it will be seriously hateful. The *seriously hateful* things get deleted - did you know that when the article on trad-arch twitter accounts went up comments were deleted in which people (all first-time posters, btw) used the K-word to describe the author because her name sounds Jewish? That shit goes away. The b3ta stuff - and Balkins, Chris, Bulgar, gwharton et al - stays because none of it is *seriously* harmful and it's from within our community - where we all know one another to go off the rails on occasion. Warnings are given, and sometimes those warnings result in the poster deciding to leave.

Nov 4, 18 7:34 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I don’t know what K word stands for. I must be getting older, I just can’t keep up with current bigotry trends. Unless it stands for kangaroo, but then, why use that bouncy creature’s name for hate? So many questions and we’ll above a simple avocado’s pay grade.

Nov 4, 18 8:56 am  · 
 · 

Also, to Everyday Architect: I'm in no way *official* on Archinect. I have limited moderating capabilities, and deep institutional memory, and a willingness to try to be helpful, that's it. The officials are doing the stuff that keeps the site running and big decisions are entirely theirs. If I see something shitty, I tell them, and since it's coming from me and not some first-timer they know to take it more seriously. But please don't take ANYTHING I say as *official policy* - it isn't accurate any more than it would be to say that what YOU post is official policy.

Nov 4, 18 9:34 am  · 
 · 
randomised

So why do you send lawyers after people exercising their free speech ;-)

Nov 4, 18 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

"Or would it be better phrased; hate speech is ok as long as you have been around long enough?"

Well, in general some people are simply permitted more than others. A white middle aged male using a certain word will receive an (online)lynching, while others will receive Grammys.
It depends on the person and the audience what is allowed/accepted and what not.

Nov 5, 18 3:12 am  · 
 · 
randomised

@DC, very true. My reply was for another matter of which I quoted the lines of Everyday Architect, I should've added @EA to it.

Nov 5, 18 4:05 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Image result for it's so fluffy i'm gonna die

is the only appropriate response.

Nov 5, 18 8:51 am  · 
 · 

@Donna, it's obvious at this point archinect isn't going to do anything with b3ta's hate speech. That's fine, it's not my site to moderate. I flagged the posts, and that's all I can do. I wasn't taking what you were saying as archinect's official position, just asking for clarification because, as a moderator, you would have information that I don't.

Nov 5, 18 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

@randomised, it's true that context plays a huge role. b3ta isn't going to win a Grammy with his language.

Nov 5, 18 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Hate speech. Yeah. That's rich. I'm still looking for the sexist and racist remarks. Post either.

Nov 5, 18 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

United States Main article: Hate speech in the United States The United States does not have hate speech laws, since American courts have repeatedly ruled that laws criminalizing hate speech violate the guarantee to freedom of speech contained in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.[8] There are several categories of speech that are not protected by the First Amendment, such as speech that calls for imminent violence upon a person or group. However, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that hate speech is not one of these categories.[90][not in citation given] Court rulings often must be reexamined to ensure the U.S. Constitution is being upheld in the ruling on whether or not the words count as a violation.[91] Proponents of hate speech legislation in the United States have argued that freedom of speech undermines the 14th Amendment by bolstering oppressive narrative which demeans equality and the Reconstructive Amendment’s purpose of guaranteeing equal protection under the law.[92]

Nov 5, 18 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

"A white middle aged male using a certain word will receive an (online)lynching, while others will receive Grammys."

I kept wondering what this meant, it took a moment, "white male vs. Grammy winner" = "some random white guy using the unspeakable vs. Dave Chappelle"? Then I remember, ALL of the white people whining like little brats that they can't say that word, but rappers can, and all I can think of, oh you can say that word, if you really feel the need to, but then, you racist.

Nov 5, 18 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Again, because everyone here is so intellectually consistent.

Nov 5, 18 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I was defending your right to offend me or anyone, but have another Grolsch!

Nov 6, 18 2:18 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'll wait for the voluminous examples of my racism, sexism, and other hate speech examples.

Nov 6, 18 4:25 am  · 
 · 
randomised

It's irrelevant, at least for me. I don't care about your exercises of free speech, it's your lack of solid argumentation that's the issue here. Why bring up Dutch colonialism et al, when I simply question your name calling at someone for not knowing everything about Aretha? That's just silly, don't you think?

Nov 6, 18 6:19 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'm consistently annoyed by sanctimonious Europeans placing themselves on pedestals of decency, when you're all just as guilty of racism, misogyny, nationalism, and anti-immigrant sentiment. In fact the homogeneity of Europe is its own curse. You're taking issue with my use of "muther fucker" when done in a completely sarcastic tone is the epitome an intellectually flaccid argument. You then go on to quote song lyrics, while I quoted facts, and the woman herself. Yeah, I brought up your nationality, and called you a colonizer, ad hominim attacks, childish yes, hate speech? Absolute joke.

Nov 6, 18 7:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

So.many.email.notifications. My poor inbox. #alliboxesmatter.

Nov 6, 18 7:48 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Sorry for your inbox (again).

Nov 6, 18 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
axonapoplectic

This morning I was cut off by someone with a license plate surround that said “worlds greatest architect”.  He was driving a purple corolla. He even gestured at me like it was my fault.

Nov 2, 18 1:22 pm  · 
 · 

sorry, my bad

Nov 2, 18 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

My bad, sorry.

Nov 2, 18 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Oh, that's a relief. For a minute I thought you were referring to me, but I drive a mauve corolla.

Nov 2, 18 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Whew! My winter cranberry Cressida and I don't need any more enemies.

Nov 2, 18 3:52 pm  · 
 · 

Was the gesture a perfectly-proportioned in-air rendition of the Golden Section?

Nov 2, 18 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Ha Everyday, I posted that before your comment was up.

Nov 2, 18 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

The coincidence :) was going through a tunnel...the world's greatest architects think alike.

Nov 2, 18 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

I wondered what was going on with you copying my response. Think alike, yes ... but my phrasing is clearly superior, lol.

Nov 2, 18 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

That's something to add to your license plate.

Nov 3, 18 2:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

At least it was not a white Miata convertible with a firebird decal.

Nov 4, 18 9:06 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Nov 2, 18 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm offended that Starbucks' holiday cups are not offensive.

Nov 5, 18 8:49 am  · 
 · 

Everything Starbucks is offensive.

Nov 5, 18 8:52 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Except for their holiday cups. Way to drop your horrible business ball Starbucks.

Nov 5, 18 9:01 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Except their holiday cups. Way to drop your horrible promo ball Starbucks!

Nov 5, 18 9:01 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

https://archinect.com/forum/th...

Puhlease. Hypocrites some of you. I was knee deep in this thread defending the SAM list, while some of you were doing the equivalent of "Male Architects Matter".

I could give two fucks what some of you thought, especially you anonymous cucklessfunts. I should be thankful. 

Nov 6, 18 12:31 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Gold sticker for you!

Nov 6, 18 2:16 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well, at least you're intellectually, consistent, or is it flaccid?

Nov 6, 18 4:20 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Flaccid is more than enough when dealing with you.

Nov 6, 18 7:27 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well. Flaccid is the best you can do, but then again that's as good as you can give, maybe you are better at attacking women? Your comments on the SAM thread seem to be your speed.

Nov 6, 18 7:34 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Flaccid is all I need in discussions with you, why should I waste anything more on you when this already gets you off? Again come the baseless insinuations, again, no ammo, no arguments, just slander and personal attacks is what you're capable of. You don't even realise how sexist and degrading it is to consider it easier to attack women, like you just did with your suggestive comment. That's how your wires are crossed, not even realising your sexism but honestly thinking you're defending women with your posts. But all the while thinking they are somehow in need of your protection or something, that's how this reads. You're such a predictable petty little troll, aren't you? But keep it coming, whatever floats your boat. I forgive you, to the ball!

Nov 6, 18 7:44 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

You're dumb. I'm not suggesting it, you are. I'm telling you that you seem to get off on criticizing a sexual abuse victim, so maybe should own that.

Nov 6, 18 7:51 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Calling out misogynistic posts is doing the thing all right thinking men should do.

Nov 6, 18 7:52 am  · 
 · 
randomised

If I'm dumb, you're dumber(er)...You are suggesting that I prefer attacking women, meaning I can't handle attacking a man (you????). So it's you who's suggesting here that men are apparently the stronger gender and I only go after weak women (or something, I don't know can't look into your thick skull). So you are in fact the sexist and misogynist pig here because you are manoeuvring women in a position of weakness in an attempt to discredit me. So, all I did was calling out your misogynistic post. Ah well, I forgive you, you're probably born that way.

Nov 6, 18 11:07 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

as for my lack of restraint as a moderator, there's only three instances that I can recall blocking people on a particular thread, that I can recall; I'm sure I blocked Balkins from the SAM thread after his shenanigans on the Google doc, and his rampant misogynistic posts. J-lax I either ignore, or blocked them for the same. I kill all obvious spam threads and posts from bots. When Lauf shows up to post a quote from me attacking him, from 12 years or so ago, I don't freak the fuck out and block him. The insipid clowns that wrote I posted racist, sexist and hate speech, I even let that go, despite what lies like that, by anonymous assholes can do to careers. Especially, when only a handful of you even know me. 

Yes, I insult, yes I'm caustic, but to suggest that insults are hate speech, is so far beyond the pale, that you should be embarrassed for even typing that drivel.

User the ignore.

Nov 6, 18 7:48 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I'm not saying that you use hate speech, I just think you're an ignorant prick. But when you insult someone based on their nationality...some might say it could be considered hate speech. Just substitute Dutch with Jew and go over your comments again, would be a good test, perhaps. But don't do it for me, do it for yourself, I don't really care that much about your "hate" speech, truth be told.

Nov 6, 18 7:55 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well, I'll ask my father from Utrecht if it's okay for me to talk shit about the Dutch, he's always been gold standard for Dutch self reflection.

Jews are protected class, religion, the National origin, not so much, but maybe Gert knows more.

Nov 6, 18 8:03 am  · 
 · 
archi_dude

It feels as though your posts go from 0-60 for no reason. For example some one posts making fun of rich people with no taste and it’s taken way on another level and the poster will usually be character assinated and then insulted based on their gender, race and nationality. But it’s okay, you are just playing a character because it’s a radical left leaning character and you are only attacking “privileged.” Yet you are still attacking based on gender, race and nationality. Hypocritical of you and this site. I don’t want it blocked but I will point it out.

Nov 6, 18 9:31 am  · 
 · 

Dutch are a protected class in the US ... http://bfy.tw/Kj0J. Don't know about elsewhere, but since b3ta is in the US, as am I, I thought he should know.

Nov 6, 18 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Hahaha, eat that b3ta, you hate orator!

Nov 6, 18 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

Also, I was the one saying your insulting a person based on their national origin was hate speech ... which was really just following what FB has as their policy. Archinect can have their own policy, but I still flagged your hate speech anyway. Unfortunately, I don't have the same moderating privileges you do. With great power comes great responsibility ... unless you're playing a character on archinect apparently.

Nov 6, 18 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

GOOD MORNING!

Nov 6, 18 10:56 am  · 
 · 
citizen

'Morning :o]

Nov 6, 18 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it's lunch time now.

Nov 6, 18 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

HAPPY LUNCH HOUR!!

Nov 6, 18 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

But I'm just having my Cheerios now!

Nov 6, 18 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

they better be honey-nut cheerios.

Nov 6, 18 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Somebody put Kahlua in my coffee!

Nov 6, 18 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^They were HNCs! With blooberries.

Nov 6, 18 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Hydrogen cyanide???

Nov 8, 18 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

oh duh. days later I get it. (blonde)

Nov 9, 18 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

Somebody pass the popcorn.

Nov 6, 18 11:17 am  · 
 · 
randomised

There you go!

Nov 6, 18 11:27 am  · 
 · 
randomised

"Well, I'll ask my father from Utrecht if it's okay for me to talk shit about the Dutch, he's always been gold standard for Dutch self reflection."

It doesn't matter that your daddy is Dutch...for you to attack a person of that nationality for no reason other than their Dutchness is just ridiculous, that you can't see that just makes me sad for you. 

You behave in discussions like Donald Trump does, this quote (not by Chruchill by the way) so reminds me of how you behave here, seriously: 'The fascists of the future will call themselves anti-fascists'. You just need professional help.

"Jews are protected class, religion, the National origin, not so much, but maybe Gert knows more." 

That doesn't make it okay, you should know that. You are just looking for anything to hurt opponents in debates, just to hurt them and don't even have your eye on the topic, argument or discussion. How the hell you could be moderator here...I'm speechless, I'm without speech. 

Nov 6, 18 11:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: