Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

AP

keep it in the www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=39402_0_42_0_C]ring...

May 23, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
AP

*ring

May 23, 06 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

can't we iron this school stuff out? there are more important things to life you know...

May 23, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

by the way, my mom and sisters insist i/they iron my jeans and tee shirts out each time i am in their territory (read-holidays). so un me.

May 23, 06 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
French

Isn't it strange to be obsessed by diappers so much parallel 38? You just had a baby or what?

May 23, 06 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I went to Cincinnati.

And boy, do I need to iron too. Lots of laundry getting done lately. Probably not on a cliff though. abra that link was awesome. Not as awesome as awesome, but awesome nonetheless.

May 23, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?
]non-iron from brooks brothers

they're expensive, so i usually ask for them as gifts. but they're incredible. you pull them out of the dryer and you have CRISP creases and completely smooth. cotton is great quality. it's mindblowing technlogy.

May 23, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

For the record, I have never insulted anyone during a crit, I think the worse phrase I have ever used is "pointless" but I've seen other reviewers call projects "architectural masturbation", or "absolute garbage" and they're 20 years older than me! I also love it when reviewers attack other reviewers, and the student just stands there looking stunned...that's when I usually try to draw attention back to the project at hand (especially when its 8 at night)

May 23, 06 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i wouldnt even remember where i went to school if those stupid loans would stop showing up in the mailbox.

May 23, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 

And still, absolutely no comment justifying ANY of his opinions... I don't think he's even reading what we're saying.

May 23, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF BEEF

Nor are his comments in any way consistent ... good critic indeed. By the time I go to grad school, he'll either be fired or writing "shit" and "retard"-related rants in some blog noone reads.

I think I found a picture of him online:

Archinect's new pariah.

May 23, 06 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

rationalist.......his? whose jumping to conclusions?

What do you need me to say to make you happy lil'one

May 23, 06 7:53 pm  · 
 · 

only 70+ posts but huge almost 12,000 reads. pure genious or required reading in porto rico.
link

May 23, 06 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
SPELLING BEE CHAMPION

parallel38 ... incorrect pronoun usage is to be tolerated. Consider switching "whose" to "who's" next time you post.

Also, you should end all queries with a question mark. Quieries typically begin with what, when, et cetera ....

May 23, 06 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
SPELLING BEE CHAMPION
queries

, I mean ... even I am prone to typographical errors.

May 23, 06 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

paralleljr. 38 (aggregat)

Are you going to graduate high school soon? hopefully before you're 19?

You really have to work on your insults ;-)

May 23, 06 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

In reality, aggregat, you'll porbably be working at blockbuster this time next year

May 23, 06 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF BEEF

Nope ... going to university. Have a good summer.

May 23, 06 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

which one? the Choate to Yale express? ;-)
hopefully it isn't your safety school, Devry ;-)

May 23, 06 8:16 pm  · 
 · 

Well, ideally, I'd like you to not say anything, ever again. But I'm probably not going to be so lucky, sooo...

If you say that a school sucks, say WHY you think it sucks. Same for if you think a school is good. That is all I have been getting at this whole time. I've posted it in multiple places. Others have said the same thing.

I assumed that you were a man because I am a woman, and would be ashamed of the gender if you were one too.

On the other hand, you've given me hope that I could get into an Ivy league grad school.

May 23, 06 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

STOP.

at least keep this in the drivel that's the Yale Blows thread. geez.

May 23, 06 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

<sigh> ;-)

I'll respond to your loaded question later on in the week, I have to get back to my freelance work, ciao (and by the way, I'm a woman, recoil in disgust ;-)

May 23, 06 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
parallel38

I would center for ants

thank AP

ciao

May 23, 06 8:32 pm  · 
 · 

I have NOT asked any questions. Please do not answer a question I haven't asked. Just go away, troll, I'm not going to feed you any more.

May 23, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

BTW rationalist I love your use of the "stop waving your dicks" phrase over on that thread of poor jsbachsonata's. I've always loved that phrase, sorry guys but sometimes it is so apt.

I've decided I'm going to spend more time in the news section and less time in the forums for awhile. More interesting things to talk about over there, less static. News crew does a great job. Of couse I'll still check in at Thread Central every possible moment!

Working late tonight, sporadic, so I'll see ya in the morning - and I posted a comment to you on the Turbulence House article, asking you a question about your opinion.

May 23, 06 9:41 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, i'm on the same wavelength lb. it's getting out of hand here in the forum. be back in a week.

May 23, 06 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Jeepers Orhan i ahve to pull out the f-word here re: your post above:

That is fucking HILARIOUS!! The Attract Any Woman Now Alchemist thread has almost as many views as Thread Central but only like 4% of the posts?!?!? And I usually go out of my way NOT to read spam mail?!?!? Hi-larious!!!!

May 23, 06 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
e

*sigh*

May 23, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

today i took two hours to go confirm some measurements in a kitchen that our firm is remodeling. it took about fifteen minutes to get there fifteen to do the measuring then i went and had a coffee type drink with ms overworked liberty bell and she gave me a bunch of cd's including steven's kentucky mix(made it through to the walmart song very good so far) and then went back to the office and talked to some cute carpet rep who brought us snacks...

May 23, 06 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

sporadic, you there?

It's still not terribly late here but I have to pack. I'm going to Anchorage, Alaska tomorrow! I'll represent from our Northernmost state! I'll even see about getting some pictures for you.

I cannot believe that thread has 12,000 views.

Welcome back SPELLING BEE CHAMPION! If you lived by me I would invite you to coffee and we could pore over a dictionary together to pass the time.

Also, rationalist, I share in your frustration. It seems like such a simple concept: back up your statements with reasons. I am completely bewildered now actually.....I am trying to reconcile the new information (parallel38, a female?) with the dialogue I wrote for her over in the undergrad thread. I am also now trying to involve the word "choate", which you've got to give her props for, that's an absolutely hilarious word. Just say it once: choate. Tee hee. Even SBC appreciates that one.

May 23, 06 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yay WonderK have fun and I will send out mental vibes to the universe to make sure you get to see the Aurora Borealis while you are up there! I'm so envious of you!

May 23, 06 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

"stop waving your dicks" was pretty great. i've got to admit, i do feel pretty bad for the part i played in ruining jsbach's attempt to get some input in school choice. but i do love a good argument. still, it was kind of stupid, pointless and disrespectful. aww fuck. ps. has anyone seen pixelwhore?!

May 23, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

choate is a school in connecticut started by some guy named choate. say it wonder k...choaaaaaaaaaat-a...

May 23, 06 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
dia

wow. freelance work. you rule.

May 23, 06 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

I think it was, "put your dicks away", but I'm glad everyone was amused. It really was just a pissing contest. I've got a theory about these school discussion threads- everyone wants to pump their school up because they want to think that they went to a great school, that they made the right choice. It pumps their ego. I know I was quite disappointed when my school of choice turned out not to be highly ranked, and am enjoying the fact that it's reputation has been rising a bit in the past few years. The appreciative comments on Daniel's blog gratify my ego as if it were my own work being displayed, not the work of someone I've never met. People who are otherwise reasonable get downright rabid trying to promote their schools. For instance, I generally enjoy ochana's comments, but once she got started on UT, she just wouldn't stop!

On the other hand, what do y'all think about this thread? While I was as irritated by parallel as anyone, carlito doesn't seem to be a prize peach either, and part of me feels that he's crossed some line.

May 24, 06 12:22 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Dry, diabase. Sooo dry. Very funny.

May 24, 06 12:28 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Good morning/ Good evening guys ...

hmm .. just got in ... office is almost empty today ... they're all in the CAD room ...
see we have this nice pretty intern from Brazil, who joined yesterday. and she's quite the flirt too .. lol .. but nice girl. So everyone's try to chat her up :D

I hear she's bought some good Brazilian coffee powder too .. so I'm off to the pantry to check that out ...

May 24, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

yeah diabase beat me to it. I had that exact thought. Brilliant burn....

May 24, 06 12:57 am  · 
 · 

lovely...lol.

ya know it is starting to feel like peeping in on a real family here lately. crazy uncles, black sheep, sensible aunts, grampa joe, everyone is here.

ain't that something?

May 24, 06 1:30 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Very funny, jump, great image. I for one am tired of being the sensible aunt and am ready to be the crazy artist-hippie-chick niece who spends her summer following Phish.

I need a miracle!

May 24, 06 1:35 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

lol ... in the mean time .. you're staring at those drawings and wondering what went wrong ??!!

I was wondering where you were LB ...

May 24, 06 1:37 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

coffee sucks btw ....

maybe I made it wrong ... gonna catch up with the rest of the threads now ...

May 24, 06 1:37 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You know when you randomly tap a key accidentally and it changes some setting that then takes you fifteen minutes to reset back to how you had it? My command line disappeared about fifteen minutes ago. Took much swearing to get it back. So frustrating.

Damn cabinet drawings.

May 24, 06 1:39 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Hmm .. that brazilian girl has a good effect in the office ... everyone seems to be in a good mood ... maybe I should pay her a visit ...

LB .. I feel the frustration ... btw .. what time is it there ? .. you gonna be up all night ?

May 24, 06 1:52 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Send her to my house to cheer me up!!!

I'll be up another hour probably - it's ten to 2 right now.

Well the nice thing about elf employment is I can make my early meeting then take a nap after!

May 24, 06 1:54 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh jeeezus elf employment?!? If I employed elves I wouldn't have to be up at 2am!!!!

Make that "self" employment. What's that saying about representing yourself = having a fool for a client? That would be me!

May 24, 06 1:55 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

lol .. maybe I should ask her to join Archinect ...

10 to 2 ? .. so thats like a 14 hr difference..
goodluck with that drawing .. not distracting you anymore :)

May 24, 06 2:05 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Good news is the cabinet drawings are done and now I just have to sketch up some driveway plans on trace - easy relaxing work to guide me to sleep soon...have a great day sporadic and jump and everyone else on the far side of the planet!

May 24, 06 2:07 am  · 
 · 
dia

LB, I'd love to employ an elf.... she'd be great around the office.

May 24, 06 2:09 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

forget the brazilian ... I want that elf !!!! minus those elf ears !!

May 24, 06 2:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: